Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: War of the Chosen  (Read 1623 times)
Tarquet Galbar

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« on: 20 September 2001, 18:00:00 »

In the days when the world was still young and vibrant from Ava's dreams, the Gods waged war on eachother. Some say that it was not a war among themselves, but in truth a war planned to destroy Ava's children. The truth is to this day unknown, but one thing is known, eight of Ava's children were touched by the Gods.
    These eight were known as The Chosen, and Archsorcerers. They had the power to weild magic as only the Gods themselves knew how to do. They trained others in this art and amassed large armies. Four wore the black and were touched by Queprur, Etherus, Arvins, or Foiros. Four wore the white and were touched by Jeyriall, Baveras, Armeros, or Urtengor.
    They began to fight among themselves, each wanting the most power and the most land. Mosterous creatures made by magic, the children of Ava, and Demons pulled from the depths of Hell itself clashed upon battlefields. Finally, Seyella touched one of the children, creating the final and most powerful of The Chosen. So it was that the war went, all, except for he who followed Seyella, fought to be the master of all.
    There are many myths, stories, and songs which deal with the War of the Chosen, but very few actual accounts. This is a true account of one of the terrible battles which occured. It was found in a book about magic, in the section about consequences. It is rather obscure about where this occured or when, and many details are not too clear, but what follows is that which could be deciphered from the entry.
    "Fire streaked from the sky and created great scorched patchs on the surface of Ava's world. The ground rent open and demons poured forth. They stood nine feet tall, their bodies charred and covered in blisters and blood fromt eh fire they lived in. Their eyes were red with hate and their muscles bulged under the skin. Men, dwarves, elves, and even orcs cowered in fear of the hulking beasts.
    I watched as one of the things grabbed a man and tore his head from his shoulder. The demon drank deeply of the blood which came from the man's body then tossed it aside. The air reaked with the smells of fire, blood, rot, and warriors who lost control of bowel and bladder. Then a great light periced the air, striking a demon. The demon screamed and withered into ash. More light came and the source was seen, a group of wizards, headed by Gava'netar. Gava'netar was the Chosen of Braveras and his white cape fluttered in the breeze.
    The battle went on, demons ripping apart warriors and being struck down. But the demons were backed by warriors of their own and were soon close to Gava'netar and his wizards. Then a great being came from the sky, tall as a castle with wings that spread twice it's heighth to the side. It seemed to be nothing but a mass of light, with the great white wings protruding from it's back. Then all was white, nothing more.
    It might have lasted for hours, minutes, or seconds, none could tell. Finally it cleared, peirced by a cooling rain which came from a clear sky. All were laying on the ground but stood as they woke to the rain. The ashes of the demons, blood of the mortals, and dirt from the ground formed into puddles of muck and gore.
    For many nights I huddled in my tent, not being able to sleep because of those awful images in my head. Now, hopefully that I have put them somewhere else, I shall finally find rest."
    A man driven mad by the horrors of war. Perhaps that is an awful consequence to magic, but it also shows us how bad The War of the Chosen truly was. What other horrors occured during this time? That is what shall be discussed in this tome, as well as other things.

Alright, how's that? Oh and uhh... *puts a PG-13 rating up in the corner* Yea.

Edited by: Tarquet Galbar at: 9/21/01 11:16:55 pm
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #1 on: 21 September 2001, 15:25:00 »

I tried to reply to your mail yesterday several times, but always got a message that the mail was undeliverable. Therefore you've missed some essential information on the War of the Chosen (WOC) and you were a bit too quick with elaborating something. Because I can't reach you through mail, here's how I replied:

"Hello again!

Yup, joining the Santharian team is allowed, Rick, if you bring some fresh ideas! Make sure to get a general idea of the site's main principles (history, cosmology etc.) so that you won't run into any contradictions if you're working on something. We could use everything - Compendium entries, Bestiary descriptions, stories, whatever.

I propose that you show up at the main Santharian Message Board and introduce yourself a bit there, then we could discuss further details at the board. If you plan something new, please tell us a general outline first to see if it is workable etc. Having ICQ also would ne fine in case you have some questions I could answer you more precise if talking directly to you (see my number below).

Concerning the WOC (War of the Chosen): Capher has worked on a general mythical outline for this war lately, which you maybe haven't seen yet - see
pub7.ezboard.com/fsanthar...D=38.topic - this should be used as a general reference for this war. It will be on the site
next update!

Okeydokey. See you at the Forum then,
Artimidor
______
The Santharian Dream - www.santharia.com - Where fantasy dreams come
true...
Ex Libris Artimidoris - members.aon.at/artimidor - ICQ 20883605"

BTW: The open eye is also already used: It represents the dark God Coór, while Avá the Beautiful has the closed eye as here sign with a teardrop.

Edited by: Artimidor Federkiel at: 9/21/01 7:23:41 am

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #2 on: 23 September 2001, 14:09:00 »

Will reply Monday. Currently busy with site update stress.

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #3 on: 28 September 2001, 14:49:00 »

Sorry, Tarquet, that I haven't found the time to comment on your lines so far. I'm always a little stressed, you know...

Yup, text gives a nice impression on the war. Well, what exactly are you heading at? Do you want to develop this into a whole story? I could also just add your description of the horrors to the current entry on the WOC. Or would you perhaps like to do a description of one such demon? We still have some pictures for demons which should be described, e.g. at pub7.ezboard.com/fsanthar...D=69.topic or pub7.ezboard.com/fsanthar...D=68.topic (the second one would fit quite well to the WOC). If you perhaps would like to do such a description check out our new description system of beasts at the Ashmarian Wolf e.g.

Just let me know what you plan...

Tarquet Galbar

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 28 September 2001, 17:36:00 »

I was going to talk with Capher before doing much more, but I generally just wanted to write a few stories for the WOC. Expand more on what happened during the battles more than the religious aspect of it. Just a chance to do some cool special effects type stuff. I'd love to do some descriptions, always helps with my writing when I get practice. The bottom pic on the second link would deffinately be better suited for the WOC, or at least the story I wrote. I'll get on that.

"Shut It!"-Ancient Illinoisian Saying

Capher
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 5

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 29 September 2001, 08:11:00 »

I like the story.  It definitely could be worked into a battle between some of the Archmages in the WOC.  More detail and work to make it a complete story.  Such as the Who, what , where, when why, and how.  You have some of those questions already answered but think about like where this battle occured, why was it started in the first place, who were on what sides, names, kingdoms, such things as that.

BTW my icq is Capher 129690399 or email is abladorn@wi.rr.com  If you wish to talk some more.

With deepest regards,Capher

I live to but to serve my Goddess Seyella and Talon Hawke; son, heir and Wizard of the White Tower-defender of the lands and peoples of Caelereth!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]