Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Discussion Age of Rebuilding  (Read 6266 times)
Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« on: 13 May 2006, 02:10:00 »

Discussion about the last 170 years:

Age of Glory:       1650 a.S. - 1666 a. S. Current Time
Age of Rebuilding:1500 a.S. - 1650 a.S.

Judy, look what I found in the entry about Santharia!

Quote:
Only former Thanes can become Santhran when they gather enough votes in the Thanemoot meeting, deciding upon the succession after the death of the former Santhran.

That might create some problems with our genealogy...

The rough idea:

Note: This is mostly what we (Judy, Alysse, Talia) talked about after Santhmoot, Judy did the famly tree.

Tiandor is one of the greatest kings Santharia has every seen and everybody compares him rightfully with Santhros. However, other than Santhros, he had not to fight or quarrel to gain his empire, he earned it from  his father and grandfather. But this way , he has the means to reform the whole land. Under Tiandor whole Santharia sees a renaissance in every aspect of life. Plenty new inventions are made , social reforms are brought on the way etc - in principal you can compare him to Salomon

His father, Grothian, however, a great king as well, and his direct ancestors however had a hard time till the land was peacefully again. You can compare him (and them) with King David

If I follow Judy‘s family tree and you look at my dates, this era goes  for nearly 120 years till (roughly ) 1500a.S. and begins with Grothunc the Wise

Name this time for now: Age of Rebuilding

So far that is what we have.

What now follows are my ideas and some of Judy mixed in, or derived on Judy‘s or her family tree.

Now open the family tree in another tap or window please :)

I‘ll start with Tiandor‘s children as well.

Judy, we do often have the same ideas... so I imagined already doing a pic for a 11 years old princess, and guess who will stand model? ;)  So I just added her as the first child (did I take long, till I had the name! - after both wives of Grothian +Avá) and put the two boys together as wild twins. (still don‘t like the names very much..., but well) . One of them would be the regent then in case of something happens to the first child (I claim the person‘s entry of Hajavá! ;)  )
Kala as you wish :)

To Queen Alaveras - I thought she could be partly of elven origin, from Milkengrad (she needs the fitting second name with the „sa“ or what Curgan wanted inbetween) , then her lifespan and her possibilites with being pregnant are not so restricted. However, it has taken some time till she became pregnant - reason for gossip before. Maybe it was a love marriage and not arranged? Tiandor was then 25 and she 30, young for a halfelf. She could have been a flowergirl at the wedding of  Grothian and Jaleth!

Regency of Consort Jaleth:

What about a rule, that a heir is ot allowed to climb the throne until he is 27? To prevent too young kings on the throne, maybe it originated in a time where young men were misled by older oponents and persuaded to overturn the current king(=own father or uncle). We could use this as another story of one of the anchesters.
Then Consort Jaleth could reign for seven years, makes her bio a bit more interesting. Does this go together with your consort-plans?

Jaleth is the one Grothian had to marry out of dynastical reasons after Hana‘le has vanished , she is from the south as well, but this time from the leading house of Stratania, from Strata or the black town Thalambath. They get along well, but she is not his true love and knows it.

Queen Hana‘le: (I claim her :)  )
I didn‘t agree with all the arguments about it being *forgot word* for a queen to die voluntarely out of love because she is barren - to enable her husband to remarry. I don‘t think so, every other solution, like dying in childbirth or just out of exhaustion because of the multiple pregnancies make her weak and an object to harrassement through others. I don‘t want this, for she is a Shendar and a strong woman, I don‘t want her to die and this way to surrender to her foes at court - who might always have been oposed to her. And to end so poor what has begun s a true lovestory.
Going away from genealogy into history: I thought (see other thread), that last part (apart from the Helcrani and Milkengrad) which was not yet reunited with the Kingdom as at Santhros times could be the south, what later will be Truban or part of Brendulan. The Stratanian kingdom has formed again in the Age of Havoc (or before) . A great marriage is planned with one of the noble daughters of the south (don‘t know, if the Tristin family still exists), but while travelling to the south and meeting also the Shendar at Rah‘mat, who have to agree to the treaty as well, he meets Hana‘le. There will be an uproar, if he doesn‘t marry the bride who was destined  for him, but the Shendar have their own means to force the Stratanians to agree nevertheless. Intrigue !!!

Hana‘le has a son, Thiaros (Grothian+Foiros), but he vanishes during a visit in the south when he is 12. - Intrigue? - and is declared dead after some times. Hana‘le had other pregnancies afterwards, but all were miscarriages or the child died shortly after birth (a curse? - I‘m aiming at a problematic rhesus-factor)
She vanishes during a visit in a temple (see the Terquan robe)

Queen Maratheri:

She is the one, who reunites the Kingdom again, apart from the south (and perhaps Milkengrad and the Helcrani, depends of what we want to do with Alvares))

Grothunc the Wise:
He  is just tired of reigning and thinks, that his daughter is quite able to do it.

Random Notes to the Dates: (just ideas from my side)
(some things are self-explanatory)

Coronation of Tiandor at Yearturn as a symbol that the darkest time is over and now brighter times will arrive? Then the new age could easily start with the year 1650 .

***Astropic of the day***
"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

Edited by: Talia Sturmwind  at: 5/12/06 10:19

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #1 on: 13 May 2006, 02:21:00 »

Judy's post from the old thread:

THE KIDS:

One thing that's not on the tree or line are the kids' birthdates, because I didn't know how old we wanted to make them. (That would be Prince Dane, Prince Kane, and Princess Kala I'm so disrespectfully referring to here...)

Also, when were Tiandor and Alaveras Bright-Eyed married? Definitely will have to work backwards there :)

I thought about having Kala be a toddler, two or three (so I could base her on Katherine, of course...) and then make Kane seven years old and Dane nine. That keeps Alaveras reasonably a 'young' mother and allows her to be currently pregnant - or potentially in the future. Notice that we have the 'heir and the spare', plus the daughter Alaveras was secretly wanting after she recovered fully from the difficult birth of Kane ('the spare').

That would make their wedding ten years ago, assuming she was both fertile and virginal - desirable qualities in a future queen!

SIBLINGS:

Tiandor is the current king although he is not the firstborn - firstborn son of Grothian and Jaleth, yes, but there is currently no gender prejudice towards male or female rulers; the law of primogenditure applies. So if this law applies, why isn't his older sister, Lady Shiana, the current queen?

Because Shiana, though groomed for leadership, at puberty began to experience some distressing symptoms. At first it was unclear exactly what ailed the slim, dark-eyed maid, but headaches that almost blinded her and spasmodic loss of all senses while staring into space eventually resolved after a ten-day fever...Shiana broke through into the Inner Vision and was recognized as one of the few true Seers of her generation. Since it was uncertain exactly when Vision might come upon her, and since every episode of foresight erratically brought the same blinding headaches and physical incapacity, she renounced the throne in favour of her sturdy and energetic younger brother. She is well-respected among the people and a trusted advisor to the throne; her Sight has been useful almost on a yearly basis and the worst side effects are controlled with herbal and magical assistance.

Parien, the 'spare' of his generation, is a cheerful, blustering uncle who is both generous and thoughtless. "He'd give you the tunic off his own shoulders," Queen Mother Jaleth once said in an oft-quoted remark, "but you'd have to ask..." Should anything happen to his brother Tiandor, Parien has the Regency for Danegor (his nephew and the Crown Prince).

CONSORTS: A note here on inheritance, marriage, and consorts:

Since primogeniture applies, and either male or female may inherit the crown, for the last (three or four?) hundred years the 'Consort' rule has applied to spouses of the ruling family so that there is no dissent or power struggles which might break apart the kingdom as handed down from Santhros.

This is tricky but logical - read carefully! The reigning king or queen may choose his/her spouse as he/she likes (always taking into account the necessary alliances, culture, social levels, etc. that must be considered) but that spouse may never be crowned as queen or king - that is, may never hold power. In fact, as part of the marriage ceremony she/he must renounce all claims on the throne for her/himself - and her/his progeny by any other save the reigning king/queen, to the third generation! The spouse holds the honourable title of 'Consort' and is provided with an independent income and lands equivalent to a small barony. (However, our legal counsel informs us that upon the death of the consort those lands revert back 'to the crown'...)

This renunciation ensures that, should the monarch predecease the consort, the heir of his/her body will be the next ruler - NOT the children of the consort and a new spouse, which could potentially result in civil war and all kinds of other social disorders. 'To the third generation' means that the children and grandchildren are disqualified but does allow for whatever noble house provided the consort to retain face, and, one assumes, a future chance at the throne should the current house be completely destroyed...

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #2 on: 16 May 2006, 05:43:00 »

I have a solution for above mentioned problem, Judy, will post it later!

Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 365

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #3 on: 16 May 2006, 07:34:00 »

Let's adjust the names a bit then as well ...so Tiandor's children are right now:

Hajava - Crown Princess, age 11.  (Her name is euphonious, and she prefers, with all the dignity of a young lady, to be called it in full, but of course her siblings disrespectfully shorten it to 'Haj' - rhymes with 'badge', not 'mage')

Adanegor (Adane) and Nathakane (Kane) - twins, age 8  
Usually referred to together as 'Adanakane' - as in "What have Adanakane done NOW?  Get those two in here!"

Kalexana (Kala) - 4

That good so far?

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf /  a land of trees that stand; / where trees are fallen there is grief; /  I love no leafless land."   --A.E. Housman

Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #4 on: 16 May 2006, 08:08:00 »

Comments on your ideas:

Judy, we do often have the same ideas... so I imagined already doing a pic for a 11 years old princess, and guess who will stand model? ;)  So I just added her as the first child (did I take long, till I had the name! - after both wives of Grothian +Avá) and put the two boys together as wild twins. (still don‘t like the names very much..., but well) . One of them would be the regent then in case of something happens to the first child (I claim the person‘s entry of Hajavá! ;)  ) Kala as you wish :)

Changed the boys' names - very appropriate for twins!  However, Parien remains Regent - an adult who holds power UNTIL a rightful heir can reign, in case of the parent ruler's death.  In this case if Tiandor were to die, Parien would be Regent for Hajava.  If Hajava were to die, Adane as the earlier-born twin would be the next heir.. and so on down the kids.  

To Queen Alaveras - I thought she could be partly of elven origin, from Milkengrad (she needs the fitting second name with the „sa“ or what Curgan wanted inbetween) , then her lifespan and her possibilites with being pregnant are not so restricted. However, it has taken some time till she became pregnant - reason for gossip before. Maybe it was a love marriage and not arranged? Tiandor was then 25 and she 30, young for a halfelf. She could have been a flowergirl at the wedding of Grothian and Jaleth!

Please, no, a part-elf... don't we have enough on the RPG board?  (sigh).  Well, I suppose it would make sense to have at least one major character have some elven heritage, and I like the Milkengrad connection.   And yes, your arguments about lengthening lifespan makes sense.   Do part-elves then tend to be more fertile than full elves - throwing more to their human heritage in that respect - and more fertile with humans (since I doubt they would be very popular with full elves...)?    Love the 'flowergirl' touch!

Regency of Consort Jaleth:

What about a rule, that a heir is not allowed to climb (ascend) the throne until he is 27? To prevent too young kings on the throne, maybe it originated in a time where young men were misled by older oponents and persuaded to overturn the current king(=own father or uncle). We could use this as another story of one of the anchesters.  Then Consort Jaleth could reign for seven years, makes her bio a bit more interesting. Does this go together with your consort-plans?

Hmmmm - yeeeeessssss, an age restriction would be good - but I think 27 is too late in a medieval society.  The heir would be considered almost 'middle-aged' by then - and young men desire power.  I suspect that would cause more strife than your argument.    Mind you, we could have a 'wrestling' back and forth, where in one generation this power struggle occurs and then the successful young usurper immediately makes such a rule to prevent himself from falling in the same way... and then only a few generations later, while the stories are still fresh, a 21-year old deposes a 'mad queen' (we HAVE to have a mad queen somewhere!), arguing that the law was self-serving and should not be upheld in case of madness, senility, evil, or just plain terrible rulers!

Jaleth is the one Grothian had to marry out of dynastical reasons after Hana‘le has vanished.  She is from the south as well, but this time from the leading house of Stratania, from Strata or the black town Thalambath. They get along well, but she is not his true love and knows it.

Yup.  I'd say they chose to make the relationship work.  I see Jaleth as a lean, efficient woman who has learned reserve after she realizes that Grothian's heart has been 'buried' with Hana'le.  She was an excellent chatelaine, a supportive consort, and a good mother - now as Queen Mother a quiet but wise counsellor for Tiandor.

Queen Hana‘le: (I claim her :)  )
I didn‘t agree with all the arguments about it being *forgot word* for a queen to die voluntarely out of love because she is barren - to enable her husband to remarry. I don‘t think so, every other solution, like dying in childbirth or just out of exhaustion because of the multiple pregnancies make her weak and an object to harrassement through others. I don‘t want this, for she is a Shendar and a strong woman, I don‘t want her to die and this way to surrender to her foes at court - who might always have been oposed to her. And to end so poor what has begun s a true lovestory.

Sooooo... does that mean you think she WOULD die voluntarily (or vanish forever, effectively freeing her husband to remarry), in a heroic gesture?  From a developer perspective we can agree on a rhesus incompatibility (not that we HAVE to have blood types at all in Caelereth, but some sort of genetic problem works) and that she deliberately vanishes/commits suicide by means of the Robe - however, historically that translates into a 'curse of barrenness' or 'womb-curse', and probably a legend about her disappearance as well.  We can certainly depict that as a strength of character, not a weakness!

Going away from genealogy into history: I thought (see other thread), that last part (apart from the Helcrani and Milkengrad) which was not yet reunited with the Kingdom as at Santhros times could be the south, what later will be Truban or part of Brendulan. The Stratanian kingdom has formed again in the Age of Havoc (or before) . A great marriage is planned with one of the noble daughters of the south (don‘t know, if the Tristin family still exists), but while travelling to the south and meeting also the Shendar at Rah‘mat, who have to agree to the treaty as well, he meets Hana‘le. There will be an uproar, if he doesn‘t marry the bride who was destined for him, but the Shendar have their own means to force the Stratanians to agree nevertheless. Intrigue !!!

Hana‘le has a son, Thiaros (Grothian+Foiros),  (love the name! ) but he vanishes during a visit in the south when he is 12. - Intrigue? - and is declared dead after some times. Hana‘le had other pregnancies afterwards, but all were miscarriages or the child died shortly after birth (a curse? - I‘m aiming at a problematic rhesus-factor) She vanishes during a visit in a temple (see the Terquan robe). (Is she dead from a dev perspective, or not?)

Queen Maratheri:

She is the one, who reunites the Kingdom again, apart from the south (and perhaps Milkengrad and the Helcrani, depends of what we want to do with Alvares))

Grothunc the Wise:
He is just tired of reigning and thinks, that his daughter is quite able to do it. ("he resigns the crown in favour of his heir";)

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf /  a land of trees that stand; / where trees are fallen there is grief; /  I love no leafless land."   --A.E. Housman

Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #5 on: 16 May 2006, 09:05:00 »

I could only go quickly through your comments Judy, so if I have missed something..

- I like your new names and the combination of the two, lol

- What for age would you say is approbate for the restriction to be king? 25? I wanted to give Jaleth some years to reign and set it therefore up to 27. 25 would be easy to adjust, for then marriage of Tiandor and his ascension are falling in the same year.

Hana‘le - she vanishes, nobody except a few (maybe just one) true servants know about how she did it.
-- Rumour: the robe
--assumption: She fell to death and her body was never found in this steep and hilly area
--true event: She planed her disappearance (however she managed it) and joined a group of Black Butterfly Rovers for the rest of her life.

I don‘t think, that even a suicide would be so heroic. She loves her husband, but sees, that he is worn down with the prospect of having no heir. Their marriage suffers under it, though Grothian tries to not let it Hana‘le feel. The  life at court is nothing she would miss. The actual reason could be the death of her aj through an accident, that frees her to leave the place. (I assume now, that her bonding partner lives ll the time somewhere near New Santhala, in the stables of the King.) She is a bright woman who dares , thanks her education, to take her life in her own hands.

To our Problem:

The line of Santhros as you pictured it has its ancestral seat in new Santhala in the province which is now Sanguia. The Earls of Manthria and Xaramon have joined this little Kingdom. If and when Enthronia follows we have to decide. However, the overall goal is a kingdom like at the times of Santhros.
But the earls/thanes of the provinces are not willing to give away the power they had so easily. So  under Grothian already a great discussion sets in how this could be done, but no result is obtained about it. Then Grothian dies and Jaleth reigns. Under her regency the great treaty (?) is forged and Tiandor is CHOSEN as the new Santhros by all thanes. Xaramon and Manthria have their own votes. He would then be the first who is again called „Santhros“ after...xxx  years. Hajavá however is then only „crown-princess“ of the three (or what ever we decide) provinces, infact only of Sanguia, for the old „kingdom“ forged out of the three provinces will dissolve slowly, I assume. Of course, her chances to become the next „Santhra“ ????? will be great, as heir of her father to the throne of Sanguia.

Ok, no it is your turn to think on a little bit - then mine again.. :)
If we two agree to it, we let this sit for a while (a week or two) and if no other comments follow, we "pat " it. (free translation of "festklopfen")

Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #6 on: 17 May 2006, 22:13:00 »

'Festklopfen'?  What a lovely-sounding word, even if I don't understand all its connotations!

Thanks for the clarification on Hana'le.  Already I have a much clearer picture of her in my mind, just from the details you've given 'in passing' - and I do prefer that solution as well.

Indeed (and this may be a sensitive point, but I'll risk it), there is something about taking one's own life that is particularly pitiable - almost 'an easy way out' as it were - when there seems to be no other way to deal with a situation.  Of course the backlash of pain and suffering then falls elsewhere - on family and friends, or the bank which has been embezzled from, or the wife who has been enduring her husband's morbid depression...   I might successfully argue that it is more difficult to remain alive and suffer - or even that it is in certain situations more noble... and it seems we have such a situation here.

Hana'le's 'sacrifice' is made more poignant by the fact that she remains aware of her pain, of her love, and of the result of her actions upon her loved ones.  Surely she must have known when Grothian (have I got the right name?) remarried - when the birth of their first-born was announced throughout the kingdom - and so on.    Very touching - very effective - and, it seems, true to the pragmatic yet sentiment-rich culture of the Shendar.    This is the sort of person we need in the family tree of our 'Renaissance' king!

Will think about the problem / solution later - past twelve here and must go to bed.

xerampelinae deicida
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 18 May 2006, 18:27:00 »

Age of rebuilding implies there was an age of destruction

So was there a war or series of wars sometime after the after the golden age of kings?

If we knew what was going on from 1250 to 1499 it would help

Civil war?

Invaders from northern Sarvonia?

Overseas invaders from Nybelmar?

Rampaging dragons?

What happened during this period could greatly effect what happens during the rebuilding

Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #8 on: 19 May 2006, 02:17:00 »

:)   Xera, why don't you look around a bit before posting and  have a look at the other sticky on top of this board? You posted already in the old thread and knew therefor that I was setting up a timeline for a longer time period and know about what is proposed before that time of rebuilding.  

Mina
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 63

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 25 May 2006, 09:06:00 »

Hmm...any particular reason why you want Sanguia, Manthria, and Xaramon to unite?  I don't have any objections, at least not yet, but I just want to know the reason behind it.  

Also, why not have the disintegration go further?  I could imagine, say Milkengrad going independent, or Ximax isolating itself from the rest of the continent.  Quite a few duchies might have been able to break off from their province, and perhaps some provinces might even have disintegrated completely.  Hmm...I think I went a little off-topic there.  :fish  

Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #10 on: 30 June 2006, 19:45:00 »

From the Gemstones of Santharia Entry:

"King Whenston the Slightly Crazed (1332 a.S. - 1335 a.S.) was responsible for a huge rise (and subsequent sinking) in the Amethyst’s popularity when he decreed purple to be the colour of nobility, reserved for those of high blood, and redid his entire throneroom in cut-amethyst mosaics…"

A bit out of the timeline but I didn't want him to be overlooked! :lol  

Curgan
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 1

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 04 July 2006, 15:41:00 »

Although these matters will be sicussed extensively during the Santhmoot, I have a scenario to propose regarding the disintegration of Santharia.

I use the term royalists for the fraction that supported the king at start and at the end kept the central part of Santharia.

1500 bS A series of tyrannic kings reign over Santharia for an unspecified period of time (no less than 50 years). Perhaps they are usurpers of the Throne that rose as stewards and set aside the legitimate dynasty. They hide in order to avoid execution. Perhaps the elves protect them remembering the ancient frienship.

A series of revolts break out all these yars. I suppose that the most "war-like" and neglected tribes revolt the most. I 'd put the Erpheronians as backbone of the regiment, since they are militaristic and autocratic. Sanguia, Manthria and Xaramon support the tyrants as well since they are the center of the Empire and are greatly favoured.

1440 Finally, after something atrocious the Stratanians decide to revolt. Since they are not so warlike they use their mind and assasinate the tyrant.

1441 Then hell brokes loose. The Centoraurians revolt and Vardynn is turned into a battlefield, since the Erpheronians are fanatic royalists (causethe Tyrant is an Erpheronian). Nermaran is annexed with Nothern Vardynn. Cruelties take place in Enthronia to ensure that the Caltherians remain loyal to the central authority. Ximax declares its independence, while Truban and Brendolan are invaded by the royalists.

1442 The Kyranians join actively sides with the royalists but defeated by the Helcrani in the next year (who use the help of elves-important).

1443 Xaramon is annexed in South Vardynn (except Ximax that is left independent very soon, since there is no way for the roalists to reach it). Ximax declares it's neutrality (although unofficially supports the centoraurian forces of South Vardynn). Naios is allowed to remain a Centoraurian allied city-state, because it's citizens suported the revolution.

1544 Caltharia revolts but the Centoraurians are defeated and the area is reoccupied. Meanwhile the Stratanians and Trubani achieve an unexpected victory in the Narfost plains that lets them some years of freedom and peace However they loose all their territory north of the Narfost.
Note to Talia: I imagine a Helcrani corps that comes to assist marking the reconciliation for the Stratanian invasion some 2000 years before.

1451 The Tyrant is killed in the battle of Argor. One of his generals takes conrrol. North vardynn (Erpheronia) declares it's independence and annexes Enthronia till Istarin.

1452 The "King" of N. Santhala grants Truban and Brendolan their independence, but demands an annual tribute from the first and the territories north of Narfost from the later.

1453 The Centoraurians are offered peace and allowed to keep the territories that once belonged to Centorauria if they pay an annual tribute. They deny since they want to keep the occupied territories and ensure a free Sophronia. In late spring the Erpheronians and the Royalist invade the Efirhal and lay siege in Milkengrad, the South capital. Howecer, after a 53 day siege they are cut off and encircled as reinforcements arrive from Helcrah and they are eventually defeated in the battle of Milkengrad. Merit goes to Stratanian and Eyelian sailors who supplied the besieged city through the sea. A peace treaty with the royalist is signed. Centorauria keeps the Kyranian territories and Sophronia gains indepenence. The War agains the Erpheronia continues.

1460 North and South Vardynn sign a peace treaty. Caltharia is set free.

1466 Sophronia is annexed by the royalists

1466-1477 relative stability

1477 War between the Royalists and South Vardynn over the independence of Ximax. North Vardynn interferres and the Royalist prevail.

1478 Grothunc's father is born in Ximax.

1480 Peace treaty. South Vardynn loses Naios and Caelum. Ximax is annexed. Grothunc's grandfather, looses his Ximaxian wife, and his eldest son and flees to South Vardynn.

1491 Caltharia is annexed by Erpheronia.

1493 War against Truban and Brendolan that ends six months later. It was called the Flea War, because it started beacuse of a truban and a San'Thai children argued over a "flea" insult. When adults interferred a minor incident occured. Minor street fights took place. Each kingdom considered it a grave insult and soon the war escalated.

1499 The Caltherian revolt, but without success.

1501-2 Civil war in South Vardynn.

1503 Grothunc is born in Sostra

1504 The Sophronians revolt

1506 The two parts of Vardynn ally to repel an elven invasion

1508 The Kyranians of South Vardynn revolt. North Vardynn invades. The Caltherians revolt too.

1509 Famine in Brendolan.

1510 The Vardynnian war ends in a stalemate.

1511 Grothunc's father returns to Ximax with his family

1519 Grothunc goes to New Santhala for diplomatic studies.

1520 Alliance between South Vardynn and Brendolan.

1522 It is revealed that Grothunc is the heir of Santhros. He is forced to hide to save his life

1523 Grothunc returns to Ximax, where he leads a revolution.

1525 North Vardynn and the Royalists invade South Vardynn. Brendolan and Ximax join sides with the South.

1528 Caltherian revolt.

1529 Burning of Horth

1530 The South conquers Accam

1531 Ximax conquers Caelum and the San'Thai reach Antiragon

1533 Voldar is conquered.

1535 North Vardynn is annexed. Caltharia is free once more as a Vardynnian vassal

1538 The Royalist surrender. Grothunc is awarded the throne of New Santhala, beacuse of his virtue and not of his noble inheritage.

I think that the age of rebuilding should coincide with Grothunc's reign. Otherwise we have a vacuum between 1515 and 1539. After all why give all the credit to Grothunc since he continued something another man had started.

That is the reasonthe timeline is like that.

Curgan

---------------------------------------------------------------

Daring over our power, risking against prudent advice
and hoping when in trouble
(Thucidides)

Edited by: Curgann  at: 7/3/06 23:43

Daring over power, risking against prudent advise and hoping when in danger.

Thucidides
Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #12 on: 04 July 2006, 16:18:00 »

Ohh, that is too long for now (00:20h) But glad to see some ideas here!

Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #13 on: 06 July 2006, 03:24:00 »

That is a lot of stuff! I will print it out in august to have it at a base.

We thought to let the actually peace start around 1500, just to have a memorable number. What kings are actually reigning then and achieving we will see. Grothuncs assasinated brother has to be taken into account as well.  

Curgan
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 1

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 10 July 2006, 23:26:00 »

Timeline is not restrictive, we can place the events anywhere. The course of events is what matters. I exceeded 1500 aS just because 150 years of rebuilding seemed too much. Even if another Sarvonian War had devastaded the land 150 years are still an exaggerated number IMHO.

Curgan

---------------------------------------------------------------

Daring over our power, risking against prudent advice
and hoping when in trouble
(Thucidides)

Daring over power, risking against prudent advise and hoping when in danger.

Thucidides
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]