Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The Master Ferquad's / Bardavos - Elizabeth  (Read 3259 times)
Selina Cantrell

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« on: 07 July 2002, 03:46:00 »

Overview.
The Ferquad family stems back many generations. While the exact date is unknown, it is estimated that it was around 49 A.S that the families popularity began. I’ve put it before the suggested 50 a.S so that Elizabeth has about a year to become known around the land

The first well known Ferquad was Elizabeth Ferquad who had an amazing signing voice and attended the "School of Tunes" She was offered spots in the "Circle of Dreams", studying there for a few years her heart lied with the "School of Tunes" where she eventually returned.

Biography.
When Elizabeth was a little girl, she would always sing. Her untrained voice would quiver on high notes and glide through the deeper notes on the scale. Try as she might, she could never hit the higher notes but she didn't stop trying. Elizabeth's family was of a fairly average standard when she was young. One day as chance would have it a bard was travelling through the small farmyard out side of Barvados and heard the young and untrained voice of potential.

The bard tried to resist the urge to head towards the voice. He couldn't. His mind said to continue on their own way minding their own business, while his legs walked towards the voice. He came across a scruffy looking young teenage looking girl milking a cow. Introducing himself as "Markus the Bard." The man instantly gave the young girl a lesson.

Instructing her to stand, and sing from the diaphragm. The shy young maiden rose to her feet, attempting to sing the same tune as Markus Bard had just done. "Ava' has sent high elves and blessed you with the voice!" He said excitedly as the girl squealed having finally, although somewhat strained hit the high note she had been wanting to hit all these years. In her excitement and boisterous behavior, Elizabeth's mother and father came running from opposite parts of their humble farm. Upon a rather abrasive confrontation Markus Bard introduced himself to the family and then got Elizabeth to sing.

The two harsh looking parents softened as their daughter sang. When she stopped the previous harshness returned. "And?" Was the fathers only response. "She's a milk maid, and will one day.... Soon might I add marry one of the lo'cal boys and then start a fam'ly of her own. What good is a voice but to sing babes to bed with?" The uneducated mother spoke.

Realising that this moment that he had to rid this child of her parents and allow her to for fill the hearts of all those out there Markus thought on his feet. "Legend has it that once in a lifetime, the Great Ava' will bless a young maid with the voice of high elves." He looked at the girl somewhat anxiously and then at the parents.

“Marry her and she’s yours!” Francis, her father answered harshly out of the blue. Both Markus and Elizabeth gasped at the mention of the word marriage while May crossed her arms over her stomach. Shifting his feet nervously at the thought of having a wife, Markus looked at Francis simply raised an eyebrow. “She ain’t leaving this ‘ere farm with out a husband.” May said looking at the two men.

Needless to say, two days later Elizabeth and Markus were married somewhat hastily. Feeling somewhat used and un-cared for Elizabeth sulked all the way to Barvados. The only thing that she was thankful for was the fact that she was able to keep her own last name as Markus didn’t have one, he took on hers. Upon arriving in the city she was spellbound by the buildings and various scenery having only ever seen double story farmhouses. Markus whisked her away and started her singing training as soon as they were settled in a small house above a tavern.

Within six months Elizabeth was singing on stage at various occasions. She was heard by one of the people organising the king’s coronation and was hired to sing elven songs in the back ground. Her voice adding mystical, melodic, calming and yet exciting background to the coronation. From that day she and Markus received many requests for the  Human with the voice of a High Elf.. She met various diplomats from various races and tribes. All the while her popularity, fame and fortune growing.
Elizabeth became pregnant on the year she was asked to join the "School of Tunes". Late in her twenty third year she gave birth to a baby boy Richard. She continued her studies for approximately five years. She was also offered a position in the "Circle of Dreams". Trying to study at the two schools at once, and look after her demanding husband, dependant child and keeping up with her appearances became to much so she had to give up study for a short time.

Taking up study in her thirtieth year Elizabeth continued to study until the day she passed. Eventually turning from student to teacher. Her miraculous voice was passed on to her son who also studied under his mother. The two also performed duets and on very rare occasions Markus would even join in on the singing. However Elizabeth’s fame went to both their heads, the money and popularity to much for Markus to handle. He eventually developed a strong drinking habit. This would turn him violent against both Elizabeth and Richard. Fearing what leaving her husband would do to her courier Elizabeth stayed with him, keeping Richard away from him as much as possible however the damage which would span for generations to come, had been done.

The importance of her is added in there, she was famous and people loved her singing does that need to be re-said under a different title?

Love Selina
Character Description!
Selina Cantrell - Thief by nature
I don't want to achieve immortality through my work
I want to achieve it
By not dying!

Edited by: Selina Cantrell at: 7/12/02 3:28:24 am
Wren
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 9

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 08 July 2002, 06:20:00 »

That's fine....People includes indvidiuals, organisations and groups, so to write about a family is just fine! But this seems a little confused.

I suggest you split this into two entries. Have a very detailed family entry, with members of note, family trees ect....Drogo has done something like this for the Kuglimz to which i can't currently find the link. I will dig it out and post it for you. You can perhaps use it as reference. If you get stuck as to what to include the just let me know and I will try and give you a section breakdown.

Then I would write about Elizabeth seperatly....You simply have to say that she is from the Ferquad family (I can't stop thinking about Shrek!) , as their will be a link to the entry I described above. Her overview would then look like say Saban Blackcloaks entry

Was that clear? *worries* If you don't know what I'm getting at shou at me.

Overview
The Ferquad family stems back many generations. While the exact date is unknown, it is estimated that it was around 1836 A.S (EEEP! OK Current santh date is about 1600 odd, so your way in the future! But you wouldn't really know that unless you asked Arti. I suggest that you have them come to prominence just after Santhros' assencion to the throne, as new nobility usually comes with a Kings Coronation...how about 50a.S.....a.S means after Santhros. He was the King who united all the tribes of Santhria, as you are writing about quite a noble family I suggest you read the Santharia entry under places carefully.) that the families populatity began.

The first well known Ferquad was Elizabeth Ferquad who had an amazing sining voice and attended the "School of Tunes" I can't any exact dates either but T inholdt (865-826 b.S.) studied there...so the school is long established by the coming of Santhros She was offered spots in the "Circle of Dreams", studying there for a few years her heart lied with the "School of Tunes" where she eventually returned.

Biography
When Elizabeth was a little girl, she would always sing. Her untrained voice would quiver on high notes and glide through the deeper notes on the scale. Try as she might, she could never hit the higher notes but she didn't stop trying. Elizabeth's family was of a fairly average standard when she was young. One day as chance would have it a bard was travelling through the small farm yard out side of Barvados and heard the young and untrained voice of potential.

The bard tried to resist the urge to head towards the voice. He couldn't. His mind said to continue on their own way minding their own business, while his legs walked towards the voice. He came across a scruffy looking young teenage looking girl milking a cow. Introducing himself as "Markus Bard." The man instantly gave the young girl a lesson.

Instructing her to stand, and sing from the diophram grabs her anatomy text book - err.... diaphragm). The shy young maiden rose to her feet, attempting to sing the same tune as Markus Bard had just done. "Ava' has sent high elves and blessed you with the voice!" fantastic expression - humans don't really believe in Ava, but they would certainly know of her and she' d have found her way into their language! He said excitedly as the girl squeeled having finally, although some what strained, hit the high note she had been wanting to hit all these years. In her excitement and boysterious (boisterous) behaviour, Elizabeth's mother and father came running from opposite parts of their humble farm. Upon a rather abrasive confrontation Markus Bard introduced himself to the family and then got Elizabeth to sing.

The two harsh looking parents softened as their daughter sang. When she stopped the previous harshness returned. "And?" Was the fathers only responce. "She's a milk maid, and will one day.... Soon might I add marry one of the lo'cal boys and then start a fam'ly of her own. What good is a voice but to sing babes to bed with?" The uneducated mother spoke.

Realising that this moment that he had to rid this child of her parents and allow her to forfill the hearts of all those out there Markus thought on his feet. "Ledgend has it that once in a life time, the Great Ava' will bless a young maid with the voice of high elves." He looked at the girl some what anxiously.

** And that's all she wrote for the moment **

good...that's a really good biography so far.....You may want to consider the families official position in the city! Are they nobility or simply well off and well thought of. Ladies home? Lost me there? A what? Probably though....Arti loves detail, and a entry should be as crossreferancable as possible. Though you can delegate....

Contact The Elfy Secretary and Santharia's People Person
The Santharian Dream - Where fantasy dreams come true

Edited by: Wren at: 7/7/02 1:38:50 pm
Wren
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 9

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 July 2002, 06:42:00 »

Drogo family tree thingy is here

Contact The Elfy Secretary and Santharia's People Person
The Santharian Dream - Where fantasy dreams come true

Edited by: Wren at: 7/7/02 1:48:05 pm
Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 365

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #3 on: 08 July 2002, 07:42:00 »

Quick comment:

"Bard" is a title, not a last name.  Any travelling minstrel, singer, troubadour, or jongeleur would use it either as a title in front of their first name, or an epithet with the first name and then "the (title".    Thus "Bard Markus" or "Simeon the Songster" or "Minstrel Lissa" would all be acceptable.

Also spelling:  "Boisterous" and "Squealed"   ;)

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf /  a land of trees that stand; / where trees are fallen there is grief; /  I love no leafless land."   --A.E. Housman

Selina Cantrell

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12 July 2002, 19:40:00 »

:lol     just a slight overshot with the timing then :o    

OK I'll work through it and make this one more umm. Well I'll read through it and make this entry more towards Elizabeth, and then do another towards the Fequads.

It is some what Shrek inspired. There is a show out there in Australia, it's an english one i believe. It's a hubby and wife, their last name is spelt Bucket, but she is always insisting that people call her " bou-kay' "(like a bouquet of flowers). She answers the phone "Hello the Bou'kay residence, lady of the house speaking".

I really hope that some one else other than Uragel knows of that show other wise I'll be sounding like a raving looney! Anyway, I've not gotten to the part where their name is Ferquard, however upper class people say it like "far'qua". Claiming that there is some strange Styrash / Thergian (spelling?) relation between the two, when there isn't- they are just thinking them selves more important than they actually are! :lol    

Well I'd better get to work then. Seems that I've got more work to do here than I first thought!

- Elizi bio
- Family bio
- House of Ladies desc
- Family Tree (Drogo's is very impressive. Paint Shop here I come! :lol    

erm - that family tree is going to be huge - it spans about 19 generations! :x  

Edited the top bit. Also just want to thank Uragel publcly for her help with this. She's doing a lot of the back ground work and helping me here so that I don't have to post all the time - so any kudos (rewards / names on the bottom of enteries) Can her's be put there? :lol  and Uragel you cant edit this post, coz' Art has admin powers here not you! :b  

Love Selina
Character Description!
Selina Cantrell - Thief by nature
I don't want to achieve immortality through my work
I want to achieve it
By not dying!

Edited by: Selina Cantrell at: 7/12/02 3:34:26 am
Uragel

Gained Aura: 1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 13 July 2002, 00:25:00 »

:o  Sell'Bell! Geez! I take a friend in with me for work one day and this is what they do! sheesh! ANYWAY - It's really not a problem at all...

Oh and I *can* edit your post...  I know your password :lol  :lol  

~   ürÄGëL   ~
 ~ Character Description |   World of Klintorth

Complex and yet simple, kind and loving, a hint of humour
 with a dazzeling amount of charm. - That's ME!

- Me

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #6 on: 13 July 2002, 00:27:00 »

Concerning the family tree: I've done that myself following a Word document done by Drogo. It would suffice if you do such a tree in a Word document, and I can realize it exactly the way as you can see in the mentioned entry.

The Santharian Dream Webmaster - Let Fantasy Dreams come true!
World Development Admin - The Forum where Worlds are born...

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Uragel

Gained Aura: 1

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 13 July 2002, 00:35:00 »

She's going to write it out and then scan it in at my place and then email it to you if that's ok? It's 19'ish generations so she's figured out once going in to more detail.

The current year of Santharia is 1600aS, and they became known around the 50aS. She's some how figured that...

1600 - 50 = 1550 years.

General life span of a human = 80 years.

1550 / 80 - 19.375 (round up 19)

So there is currently 19 generations reaching to the current date of Santharia she was up to generation 11 when she left here, most people having only 1 child, some up to three. <giggles> she looks so cute trying to figure out all the names for people. Most, we / she realise will be totally useless, but it "adds an air of realness" so she says :lol .  

~   ürÄGëL   ~
 ~ Character Description |   World of Klintorth

Complex and yet simple, kind and loving, a hint of humour
 with a dazzeling amount of charm. - That's ME!

- Me

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #8 on: 15 July 2002, 02:50:00 »

Ok, I assume the entry is done and adjusted by now, will check and then integrate it already this update.

Concerning the life span of humans: You should be aware that in the Middle Ages it was very unusal that people reached the age of 80. Not many people lived more than 60 years I guess due to bad conditions of the infrastructures in towns, missing medical supplies, lack of medical knowledge and so on.

BTW: Exact birth and death dates for Elizabeth would be very helpful as well!

The Santharian Dream Webmaster - Let Fantasy Dreams come true!
World Development Admin - The Forum where Worlds are born...

Edited by: Artimidor Federkiel at: 7/14/02 1:13:28 pm

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]