Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: A small idea  (Read 2986 times)
Irid alMenie
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 46

View Profile
« on: 09 January 2006, 14:09:00 »

I was thinking of maybe writing an overview of some of the clans of Llaohir Brownies. Would this be a good idea, or not? Maybe someone is already working on it?

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Irid al'Menie
Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #1 on: 09 January 2006, 16:00:00 »

You mean inventing some clans for this tribe, specifying some differences inbetween the tribe? Or did I miss something?

***Astropic of the day***
"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Irid alMenie
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10 January 2006, 05:00:00 »

Yes, that's what I meant. E.g. we know that there is the 'flying militia', but that is only one clan. Of course there are many others. I would invent some, and give some explanation as to what they do. Not too much detail though, as they would probably guard their secrets jealously.

Of course I would start with listing clans which have already been named in brownie-entries, but I'm sure there are more possibilities :)  

Irid al'Menie
Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #3 on: 10 January 2006, 09:48:00 »

Not sure if this flying militia was a clan or consisted of all clans.. but inventing some clans would surely not hurt. But better ask somebody else who is more in Brownie stuff (and keep in mind that most brownie entries are a bit out of date and might need some adjustments..)
Just use the general bell-ring, set a link to this thread.

***Astropic of the day***
"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Gean Firefeet
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 13

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10 January 2006, 17:24:00 »

I think it's safe to say that Greybark used to be our main Brownian developer and that he's currently unavailable, though I have no clue whether this is a permanent departure or a temporary absence (which has lasted a few years already). Like the Elves, we currently have no one especially focused on this race, so I might even dare say there's a world of opportunities right there in the Vale of Brownies and everywhere else where they reside...

040705-110705. My Inspiration.
"I could be bound in a nutshell and still count myself king of infinite space" - Shakespear's Hamlet
Unofficial Typolice of Santharia

"Blessed is the man who calls an aj his friend."
- Shendar Proverb
"If music be the food of love, play on; Give me excess of it..."
- Shakespeare's Twelfth Night
Irid alMenie
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12 January 2006, 07:23:00 »

Maybe I could start with an idea of which clans there might be.

Talia, you weren't sure if the flying militia was a clan, but it doesn't say anywhere that it's not ;)  I would make it one, for the simple reason that it's just easier to overview. Someone who wants to be part of the flying militia would have to get a complete training, plus a period of full service. If after that they would have to become member of another clan, they'll be hopelessly after in learning all the secrets as opposed to those who didn't go into the flying militia. So I would make it a clan.

So, the flying militia. In my entries about the Blackbeetle, I mentioned the Decoration clan and the Cooking clan, Hunter and Grower clan. A magic clan would also be handy ;) . There could be a clan to make weapons, and one to make potions and poisons, although all brownies know a little of that. They could probably make more different kinds of potion than the average brownie.

Does anybody have any other ideas about which clans I could add?

Irid al'Menie
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #6 on: 13 January 2006, 14:29:00 »

I'm all for this idea, so can only say: Just go ahead, Irid! Greybark disappeared a while ago, but I guess it was much more a planned disappearance (for unlimited time) after getting married, because before he left he redid all Brownie entries according to our new scheme. The entries might not be as detailed as others we have in the meantime, but the most important things are there, so working on clans seems just a perfect idea here.

I remember someone else wanted to start such a project quite a while ago, but not much have come of it - maybe the thread is still somewhere here in the Races Forum (unless it had been deleted in the ezBoard hack...)

The Santharian Dream Webmaster - Let Fantasy Dreams come true!
World Development Admin - The Forum where Worlds are born...

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Irid alMenie
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 13 January 2006, 14:39:00 »

I'll look for it.

I've been browsing a little more, read Greybark's story and Bluetwine's, so far I've found two more clans already mentioned: the Ferretmaster clan and the Woodworkers' clan. When writing the previous list, I was looking for the Ferretmaster name, because I knew there was something like it ;)  

Irid al'Menie
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #8 on: 13 January 2006, 14:45:00 »

I just went through the Race/Tribes pages here looking for "Brownie" threads, but the one where we discussed this couldn't be found. I don't even know if there would have been much information. Perhaps it wasn't posted here in this Forum part, but at the Forum which is now the "Workshop", or at the "General Discusssions".

The Santharian Dream Webmaster - Let Fantasy Dreams come true!
World Development Admin - The Forum where Worlds are born...

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]