Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Author Topic: !!!GAMECUBE!!!  (Read 11716 times)
Gandoria

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« on: 27 July 2002, 16:23:00 »

Ummm... AHHHHHHH!!!.

Anyway... who else here has a gamecube? Who else has SSBM? Or Pikmin or monkey ball or any other games...
Oh yeah And aylix i got mewtwo and Mr game and watch! They both rock!

Long live the Razarek, rightful Orc lords.Come Help out at the island of ... http://pub30.ezboard.com/btheislandof

Xarl
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 28 July 2002, 16:04:00 »

Mewtwo. Properly done, he's annoying as all hell. Dark Bomb has a nasty habit of sneaking past shields, his teleport can go in any direction, and his grab-forward is... quite irritating.

Still, you have to remember the good Doctor...

Xarl Bluestride, Archmage of the White Tower, Master of the Magic Forum, Teacher of RP Sorcery and generally cool guy. All requests are to be written on the back of a ten-dollar bill (or equivelant thereof) placed on a dead ferret, and tossed in the sewer system.
Xarl Bluestride
Owner of the longest pure text sig in Santharia
Eeeenteresting....
For the non-ferreted... - Master of All Things Magical
The Santharian Dream - Where fantasy dreams come true... particularly mine!

Gandoria

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29 July 2002, 05:51:00 »

Yeah the doctors one of my favourite characters. I just need a few more stages, complete a few more events and ill have everything! I managed top get up too Giga bowser for the first time, I had 2 stock left with roy, and he had taken 30% Damage from the last battle. Man that was a hard fight.

Long live the Razarek, rightful Orc lords.Come Help out at the island of ... http://pub30.ezboard.com/btheislandof

Belgarion the Great

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29 July 2002, 14:05:00 »

Giga bowser is a push over for the ultimate guy, falco. Blast blast blast blast etc. he doesn't even put up his shield. Then run away and do it again. flawless victory and stale moves.
Mario, and all biproducts thereof, require no skill. Anyone can master Mario within maybe thirty minutes. Try someone with more potential. Oh and Mewtwo is only a pain if you attack a certain way. That would be the slow physical. Mario is constantly doing slow physical he hits too slow and Mewtwo gets in with one of those unstoppable combos. Either go special, defensive, or kick his butt REALLY fast.

You are Cordially invited to the place of

Xarl
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 29 July 2002, 20:18:00 »

I find myself drawn to four characters.
Samus: "How to kill people from quite a long way away." Plus an excellent array of standard moves; my fave.
Marth: Counter, when used properly, and against someone you have a feel for, is the ultimate in move technology. That, and he looks really cool.
Mewtwo: Nothing compared to him, however. Dark Bomb might not have a lot of hitting power, but add his "matrix" (my term for the dodgr move), the sidestep (whatever the hell you call the Z-Side move), his grab-forward, and his B-up, and he can dance. Nothing more annoying than facing him on Hyrule Temple; in the wide-open spaces, he jumps like there's no tomorrow, teleports away from the slightest sign of danger, and his Dark Bomb flies. Close-in, he loses some effectiveness, but sidestepping and his grab combo are still a force to be reckoned with.
Link: Little bit of everything. Up close, the Power Sword deals massive damage, and his two-hit A-side combo wreaks havoc. He's death from above with his aerial A-down; give him some room to play with, and his arrows and bombs will start being fantastically annoying.  

Xarl Bluestride, Archmage of the White Tower, Master of the Magic Forum, Teacher of RP Sorcery and generally cool guy. All requests are to be written on the back of a ten-dollar bill (or equivelant thereof) placed on a dead ferret, and tossed in the sewer system.
Xarl Bluestride
Eeeenteresting....

Tarquet Galbar

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 29 July 2002, 20:57:00 »

My favs:

Captain Falcon - Let's face it, for some guy who drives a hover car he can kick some mighty arse.

Roy - Basically Marth, but his sword goes red. Yea, not the best reason, but the attack color is the same reason I prefer Falcon over Ganon.

Kirby - MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!! People always think he'll be easy to beat, until he steals your power and turns it against you. Annoying how he can puff up and fly when he should be out. Turns into a large, blunt, falling object. Has a sword which send out a little shockwave thing, and a hammer just straight off. What's not to like?

Zelda - Well, not really Zelda. Shiek. But to be Shiek you have to be Zelda first. Oh well. Shiek kicks it. And Xarl, Zelda/Shiek's teleportation thing can go any direction too. Just got to do it right.

Fox - Because his little quick zippy thingy looks so awesome in Slo-Mo battle.

People I hate:

Samus - Takes too long to charge. Yea, the big blast is good, but good luck getting it ready without getting smacked around in the process.

Ice Climbers - ...............*stabstabstabstabstabstabstab*

Ganondorf - I thought he would be awesome. But he's Falcon. Not only that, they change the color of his moves. Stupid monkey.

DK - Yes his little poundy thing is awesome. It's how I won the 100 man melee. But against other people, he isn't really good.

Falco - He's Fox, but not nearly as awesome.

Jigglypuff - Ok, he can do Kirby's flying thing. But there's the signing which does jack unless someone is close. Falling asleep which works as an attack about 1 of every 100 tries. Just bad.

Haven't gotten Mewtwo yet. Though eventually I'll get around to just putting it 1-on-1 with 2nd player, leaving it on for 20 hours with a 1-life stock battle. Then kill my opponent and take on Mewtwo. Just haven't yet.

Tarquet Galbar,
BeastMaster Of Santharia
Creator of Weavers
Chronicler of the Rahaz-Dath Mercenaries

Aylix Goth

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 30 July 2002, 08:34:00 »

you sod Gand. Did you manage to do the home run contest?
Kirby kicks ar$e. Mewtwo... only 15 odd hrs to go. and 80 odd trophies to go.
AND I CAN'T DO FLAMING CHALLENGE 37!! you're Ness and you have to beat Samus, then Kirby then Fox then Falcon then Falco. argh! I get to Falcoand he just kicks my a$$! Ness is so crap!!

Aylix Goth
My name is Aylix, not Alix, or Alyix, or Ailyxis, or Aylicks, or Aylecks, or Ailicks, or Ayilyks,
or Aeiliycks or for all the Canucks: Eh-lix! or any other variation!!
WINNER OF 15 POINTS!

Also the admin at The World of Klintorth RPG forums and the friendly annoyance at The Santharian Board and at Klintorth World Forums

Contact me
My char descrip done kindly by Uragel

Xarl
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 30 July 2002, 11:34:00 »

Tarq. The following regards everything you said.
That's why Samus has a great running/jumping ability, along with the sidestep in mid-charge to end it. Her missles aren't to be forgotten either.
I can't stand Zelda or Shiek, because their teleports take too long as Zelda, and nowhere with Sheik. Still, the Breakdance and Chain work like dreams.
Ganon has more firepower and is slower than Falcon. If you can get the Warlock Punch off in a team game... boom time.
Same diff with Roy and Marth; also, the middle of Roy's sword does the most damage, as opposed to the tip of Marth's.
Go Kirby, even though the Hammer sucks.
And when I'm tired of being all serious-like....
ICE CLIMBERS! Not only is their victory music good, but their ice breath and hit are annoying as all hell. Too bad their only powerful move is their A-Side.

On a worse note...
Bowser's grab-down on anyone... pause and take a nice, long, fear-creating look.

Xarl Bluestride
Eeeenteresting....

SmurfStormcrow

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 30 July 2002, 12:56:00 »

Sorry, haven't played it enough to know what characters are best.

Stormcrow

Psychotic Wizard-Type

Belgarion the Great

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 30 July 2002, 22:12:00 »

Ice climbers = evil. Not evil as in they are hard to kill. Evil as in they are the most pathetic... nevermind, Mr. Jigglesworth is most pathetic, followed by Pichu. So that's my crap list... oh and add ness, and DK, yoshi, falcon, ganondorf, Bowser, Game and watch (DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE!) and... hold on... OK I think that is all of them.

As for the good list.

Falco - who is better than Fox despite what Tarq says. The Ballerina Rocket (Bunny hood + taunt + jumping + ice climber mountain, You'll know why he's called that) is way better than fox. Fox attacks may be stronger but aren't nearly as fast, and with the combination of an incredibly low jump and how fast he falls, any edgeguarding move will easily kill him. Falco jumps super high despite lower distance on B moves. Falco can spike. OH GOD can falco spike. Reflector plus airiel down A equals insta death for most sufficiently injured competitors. Edge guarding with the blaster is so easy for stealing kills or just keeping that annoying mewtwo from coming back. Falco is way better than Fox.

Princess toadstool - Can you say float? And who the hell decided to give her the name Peach? They should be caught and shot now, but anyways. Simply put, the princess represents the finest form of catfighting in the world. With her fast a slapping and kicking, to her vengeful use of umbrellas, turnips, and frying pans. In every aspect Princess Toadstool is way better equipped to beat the hell out of Bowser than Mario ever was. Did I mention she floats? You can't beat out that kind of recovery skills.

Those are my guys. I don't waste my time attempting to perfect people who aren't my style and coming up with a ten guy list. Although I do play Marth, Roy, and Mewtwo, but merely because it's really fun. I'm not especially good with them.

Finishing note, All hail the frying pan.

On another finishing note, have you ever seen somebody grab Giga Bowser. It's just amusing. Especially pikachu doing his little roll it looks so funny.

Edited by: Belgarion the Great  at: 7/30/02 5:20:44 am
Gandoria

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 31 July 2002, 11:32:00 »

395.6 METRES!!! AARRRGGH.

Anyway I find its best to MAKE A list of seven characters to master to improve your all round ability, two fromt he First three classes and one PRO

Up close: Dk and bowser obviously, Marth and Roy, then ICe climbers.

All rounders: Mario, Luigi , Dr mario etc, Link, young link. Zelda and Sheik

Motion masters: Samus, Mewtwo etc, other people who ahve to move to win like Fox and Falco

Pros: Hard to master people like Mr. Game and watch, JigglyPuff, Yoshi, Ness.

the Key to  event match 37 has to be smash attacks, PK fire and charged up smash attacks.

I just did trouble king 2 this morning. WHEW.

Tarquet Galbar

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 31 July 2002, 11:45:00 »

*Reads Xarl's comment about the Ice Climbers. Twitch. Pulls out his shotgun.* Must cleanse the world... *Blows off Xarl's big toe and walks off into the darkness of nothingless oblivion.*

Tarquet Galbar,
BeastMaster Of Santharia
Creator of Weavers
Chronicler of the Rahaz-Dath Mercenaries

Gandoria

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 31 July 2002, 12:58:00 »

*Runs around as bowser making lots of fire and melts all the ice.*

Yeh Giga Bowser is A LOT harder with roy, since roys only super cheese attack has about a third of the reach of Bowsers fire. So sprinting top speed into a fire storm with Two stock then being bowser bombed is NOT easy. I had to sweat A LOT to do it. If roy had a long range attack it would have been a lot easier.

My freind developed a super cheese on Jungle japes, using soleley Roys flare blade and dancing blade. He stood on the center platform. I was using mewtwo. He knocked me easily back to the side platforms. Then he stood edge gaurding with flare blade, Ducking whenever I shot at him. If i got on the platform he let flare blade loose. If I jumped on the upper platfom he jumped up and carried on.

The only way to beat his cheese strategy was use samus and send in ten homing missiles then proceed on foot firing crush missiles all the way (the smash attack with B, not just forwards B) then smashing his face in with everything.

My favourite characters are.

Link= Strong up close and moderate at Range, what more? also I love grabbing onto the edge with grappling hooks.
Samus= Tools for every Job, Long range, power , aerial , Long range grab. Hunter seeker missiles.
Roy= Heavy with a longer close combat reach
Bowser= Sometimes you feel like he is the only character who can really Rack up kos
mr Game and Watch= Well I Dunno by the end of the game hes won, somehow
Mewtwo= Dodging around and beating peolpe up before they know what happened
Dr Mario= Easy to use and strong

Viresse
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 31 July 2002, 14:39:00 »

*wishes she had a gamecube, so she could talk about games too.*

http://www.klintorth.com/images/misc/vir.gif">
*pokey de Viresse* - character descriptions moderator
The Santharian Dream - Home sweet Home...

Belgarion the Great

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 31 July 2002, 15:22:00 »

You know what's great about the new Link? His shield. Samus charging up? stand still and it won't hurt you. Fox blasting the crap out of you? Not a single blast gets through. Need to avoid pills fireballs and turnips? Use the shield! It's very annoying to the other guys. Imagine all your projectiles being deemed useless.

You are Cordially invited to the place of

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]