Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Nepris village map preview  (Read 1242 times)
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« on: 22 December 2002, 03:47:00 »

As I plan to add maps and room descriptions Judy has done for the MUD also to the site (as Nate hasn't convinced me yet that he is making any progress), I've started on a Nepris village map rework. See first screenshot below. I used the Dungeon Siege bird's view map to get the textures I required and composed the pic from it for a Santharian map based on Judy's Nepris map. It is still not finished yet, but you get the idea I hope. I plan to display it in an own window, and a click on the location will display the room description on the bottom of the screen (in an own frame). NPC pics will be displayed on mouseover with the script I've already introduced etc. Hope you like the idea:)  

The Santharian Dream Webmaster - Let Fantasy Dreams come true!
World Development Admin - The Forum where Worlds are born...

Edited by: Artimidor Federkiel at: 12/31/02 9:55:33 pm

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 365

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #1 on: 23 December 2002, 12:17:00 »

Oh, wow!  This will be such a cool, interactive addition to the Compendium!  

(blushes when she thinks about the original crude map)

I like the idea of providing the room descriptions and NPCs - almost like a roleplay without the programming...

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf /  a land of trees that stand; / where trees are fallen there is grief; /  I love no leafless land."   --A.E. Housman

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #2 on: 23 December 2002, 16:15:00 »

Well, I want to get as much out of the things for the MUD as I can and use it at the site. The more we have in the RPG field independent from the MUD itself, the easier it could be used for another game as well. Even the play-by-post gamers could profit from a detailed map and the characters they can read about on such a map (e.g. to integrate NPCs in their own stories). Well, we'll see how the map idea turns out eventually.

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #3 on: 26 December 2002, 16:19:00 »

Map was updated with a newer version (see above).

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #4 on: 01 January 2003, 16:08:00 »

Ok, I've updated the Nepris map with the currently final version (see above).

It's now also turned by 90 degree, which means: north is on top, guess this makes it much easier to read and also is better for the webdesign in order to display desciptions to the right of the pic.

Please note that trees and boats aren't included in here, maybe I can add those in case I find something fitting, which would look good here. For now this should suffice. Note: The note should be now more accurate to Judy's descriptions, and it was also expanded so that ways can be treated as seperate rooms etc., so it is very MUD-friendly now. The grid above is not visible at this version, but everything fits exactly to the grid now. This of couse will require some changes here and there at the descriptions (and some rooms are new as well). But I guess this will do fine for now:)

Now trying to realize the mouseover effect with the NPC portraits;)  

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #5 on: 08 January 2003, 16:16:00 »

*knock* *knock*

Judy, Thuja, you're there? Need to know in which building we'll put Terlano Anshar and Dhren Rockfaith... Can you point me in the right direction?

Thuja
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 2

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09 January 2003, 18:13:00 »

Since Terlano is a fisherman one of the three houses by the well would be okay or maybe the one a little down the beach that does not have a bend in it.

Also Pelaghia would be in the herb woman's house.  That is another character I am also doing.

When I get a little breathing space I will get both to you.  Terlano is taking longer because I have changed everything that was written before and trying to get it to work properly is a little aggravating.  What makes it worse, I have time between when I can work on it and then I have other ideas to try and integrate.  But it will be sent (hopefully soon).  Sorry for the delay in all the works I should have posted by now.

"In a place like this, the magic is all around you, the trick is to see it."

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #7 on: 10 January 2003, 16:47:00 »

Thanx for the info, Thuja:)  Just take your time... I'm trying to add more and more details to the Nepris map in the course of time (room descriptions, NPCs etc.), so that we also have a complete microcosmos done eventually:D

Maybe I'll do a dialogue with the other Avennorian fisherman pic (the one at the entry of the Avennorian tribe) and let him have an Avenor Cat. You then can even talk to the cat perhaps, but it will mainly say only "Purrrr..." :lol  

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]