Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Request  (Read 3896 times)
Eskon

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« on: 28 December 2001, 22:27:00 »

Hello. I have a request, but not quite in the way most are.

I am an aspring author, and I was hoping if I could practice my talents in the Santharian Library. If there's something I could write, just tell me.

Dala Valannia
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 29 December 2001, 20:16:00 »

You could apply to our resident torture master, Artimidor Federkiel :)  He'll probably hook you up to a few electrical lobotomy machines as well as writing assignments ;)

Xarl
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29 December 2001, 21:45:00 »

Eskon! Nice to see you aren't the fire-and-forget type. You are perfectly welcome to start rambling forth whenever.

Xarl Bluestride, Archmage of the White Arcana, Master of the Magic Forum, and generally cool guy. All requests are to be written on the back of a ten-dollar bill (or equivelant thereof) placed on a dead ferret, and tossed in the sewer system.
Xarl Bluestride
Owner of the longest sig in Santharia

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #3 on: 30 December 2001, 06:07:00 »

No problem with adding your own stories to the library, Eskon... Any specific idea for a story perhaps? Would be fine to have a first outline of something you plan (where, when, who, which context etc.) before you start writing;)  

Santharian Webmaster & Forum Admin

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Eskon

View Profile
Oh
« Reply #4 on: 31 December 2001, 10:07:00 »

Actually, I was asking if there was something that needed to be written. Last time I wrote for a person in this fashion, I defied a lot of things he didn't tell me, and he got really angry with me...

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #5 on: 31 December 2001, 12:13:00 »

Well, in general you can decide yourself where you think you could make a good story, but you could also write Compendium entries for persons, places, whatever. Up to you what you prefer, Eskon - let us know:)  

Santharian Webmaster & Forum Admin

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Eskon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07 January 2002, 20:16:00 »

It took me a while (no, no, no, that's stupid!), and I had to deal with distractions (but it IS schoolwork), but I think I have a tale of a heroic quest. I expect Chapter 1 to be put up when I get the time (Start writing or do my physics? Why is life so difficult?!) Is there a time period in Santharian history (for reference's sake) that could use a quest?

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #7 on: 09 January 2002, 14:29:00 »

Well, I'm sure there is, Eskon. Just dig through the history and you'll find various points where a story would fit in. You only need a bit creativity to find something;)  

The Santharian Dream Webmaster - Let Fantasy Dreams come true!
World Development Admin - The Forum where Worlds are born...

Eskon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 13 January 2002, 21:48:00 »

A button that brings up precious history? You're a magic button-man, Mr. Federkiel.

Which one would work best for you Art?

Sometime in the Golden Age of Kings (you don't have much there, so I could maybe make the 749 years a little more interesting).

Before the third Sarvonian War, at the time of Thar. The quest is to stop the barbarians and ogres from a rumored invasion (and only end up delaying it).

Fight in the Dragonstorm of the Age of Awakening. Quest is to stop the dragons from destroying the Erpheronian kingdom (maybe even meeting Katya or Wenegrim), before the main character (Dygan Heartswind) ultimately falls before the might of the dragon, thus sinking the morale of the Erpheronians and causing them to seek divine help, resulting in the The Vardýnnian Atonement.

Greybark
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 14 January 2002, 11:07:00 »

If you go for the time of Thar, you might meet Greybark and his air force. If you do, let me know, and let me know what you are interested in, and I'll nail down whatever details or dates you might need for that as regarding relevant Brownies, as chapter 2-10 of the Brownie Chronicles are still in my head....

Brownie Expert

Eskon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 16 January 2002, 11:53:00 »

Well, here's a vague outline of what will happen.

"The Trials and Tragedies of Dygan Heartswind."

Dygan Heartswind, orphaned at a young age, wants to prove himself to those around him. He sets out on the quest to learn about himself as well as make himself known. He does a few minor quests, and then gets beyond local village hero when he hears about the big quest (depending on the time period, whether it's Kilka's dragons or the rumored ogre invasion of the Third Sarvonian, or even something else). In one of his previous quests, his foster mother was kidnapped, which in the rescue attempt, his foster father dies. This big quest is also the chance to redeem himself. He grabs his trusty broadsword and heads out into the wild. He follows rumors, takes the advice of his liege, and secretly, a fuel is fired. He desires to use the victory he receives in the quest to become a knight, to rise in ranking to better the life of his foster mother. He goes higher and deeper into the quest, with he and his comrades trying to stop the villains before it's too late. However, tragedy strikes in that some of Dygan's comrades die, leaving him a broken man. He abandons his quest and goes on the usual self-pity issue. Time passes (several days or years, it makes no difference). Luck reappears in the form of the black-haired maiden Lyla (pronounced Lie-la). A beautiful and deadly girl who adores roses, she teaches Dygan to use his past tragedies as fuel for him to better the world. He reunites with his remaining companions, and on they travel to the very end, where the ending that I shall not reveal is carried out.

Too corny? Too overplayed? Give me feedback and your vote on when Dygan should quest, please.

Xarl
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 16 January 2002, 18:17:00 »

Lyla... Hmm. Young Dygan may be meeting one of the servants of Kruu-an. (she's not up yet, but she's the God of Green Death to the Kasumarii. Her symbol is a black rose, so I thought it would fit.) Good setup, let's see what the results will be!

Xarl Bluestride, Archmage of the White Arcana, Master of the Magic Forum, and generally cool guy. All requests are to be written on the back of a ten-dollar bill (or equivelant thereof) placed on a dead ferret, and tossed in the sewer system.
Xarl Bluestride
Owner of the longest sig in Santharia

Greybark
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 16 January 2002, 23:48:00 »

wow...your outline is so....organized.....

Whenever I write, the characters take over and write for me, wrecking my own plans for the story.

Brownie Expert

Eskon

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 17 January 2002, 11:40:00 »

The time period is around the year 306 b.S. 14 years before the flight from Carmalad.

Greybark, it's just an outline, it might be the exact same or incredibly different. I'm already starting on Chapter 1: A Single Step. We'll see how it turns out when I get finished.

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #14 on: 17 January 2002, 15:03:00 »

Sounds fine, Eskon! So I see you take the SW III scenario... Okeydokey. Outline seems quite fine with me;)  Go for it!

Whenever possible try to make references to places/persons etc. You can of course also describe a person/place in detail for the Compendium in case you'd like to make it up first before you use it in the story. - How many chapters are you planning approximately BTW?  

The Santharian Dream Webmaster - Let Fantasy Dreams come true!
World Development Admin - The Forum where Worlds are born...

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]