Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: The Eye of Oblivian  (Read 5232 times)
SonOfDarkness
« on: 05 July 2002, 15:47:00 »

Okay, first post...so bear with me.

1000 years ago, on the Isle of R'unor, one of the Great Dreadnoughts left the capitol for the Santharian mainland where it was to be surrendered as a gambling loss. The Temporary captain was an odd man named Khrath, but he had a good history so his lord trusted him. But about halfway through the trip, he turned the ship in to the open ocean and declared it a floating temple to Baveras,renamed it The Eye of Oblivian.
After terrorizing the shipping for a few years, Khrath went mad, and slaughtered his crew, sacrificing them to the lady the deep, then he set a fire and the ship sank. But Baveras, impressed with Khrath's Devotion, gave him back his life  ( by combining him with a giantkraken)
and his ship and sent him out to recover more souls for her. Ever since Sailors from all over sorren tell tales of The Eye of Oblivian, and it's mad captain.

Timeras

Gained Aura: 0

Lursus/Mathis RPside

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 05 July 2002, 15:59:00 »

(This message was left blank)

Timeras of Remusiat, lord of the White Citidel."I'm not predudice, I just hate everybody"-  me

Edited by: Timeras at: 7/5/02 6:06:16 am
Rayne (Alýr)
Dreamress
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 117

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05 July 2002, 20:49:00 »

Wow! That's clever! I like it. You might try adding mroe details to it, though. Give more description about the ship, crew, and about this Khrath.

...Ripples in the Dream Pool...

"There is much misjudgment in the world. Now, I knew you for a unicorn when I first saw you, and I know that I am your friend. Yet you take me for a clown, or a clod, or a betrayer, and so I must be if you see me so. The magic on you is only magic and will vanish as soon as you are free, but the enchantment of error that you put on me I must wear forever in your eyes. We are not always what we seem..." -Schmendrick the Magician, The Last Unicorn
Timeras

Lursus/Mathis RPside

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05 July 2002, 21:57:00 »

It was me, The Reason I posted as someone else, is because... well because it's still a ghost ship, I didnt want anyone to think I was lame.

Timeras of Remusiat, lord of the White Citidel."I'm not predudice, I just hate everybody"-  me

Edited by: Timeras at: 7/5/02 6:06:04 am
Rayne (Alýr)
Dreamress
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05 July 2002, 22:44:00 »

I don't hate you. o.o; People might start hating you if you try to trick them, though, like pretending you're someone else. I don't think many people here hate you. You're being hard on yourself.

"There is much misjudgment in the world. Now, I knew you for a unicorn when I first saw you, and I know that I am your friend. Yet you take me for a clown, or a clod, or a betrayer, and so I must be if you see me so. The magic on you is only magic and will vanish as soon as you are free, but the enchantment of error that you put on me I must wear forever in your eyes. We are not always what we seem..." -Schmendrick the Magician, The Last Unicorn
Timeras

Lursus/Mathis RPside

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05 July 2002, 23:00:00 »

That was the nicest thing anyone has said to me today...thanks.

Heres an edited version.

1000 years ago, on the Isle of R'unor, one of the Great Dreadnoughts left the capitol for the Santharian mainland where it was to be surrendered as a gambling loss. The Temporary captain was an odd man named Khrath, all that is known about him is that he came from a R'unorian noble family on the island of Grakor'reesh, but he was disowned by his family. He had a good history in shipping so his lord trusted him. But about halfway through the trip, he turned the ship into the open ocean and declared it a floating temple to Murlar, R'unorian god of the sea, and renamed it The Kiss of Oblivion, after a vision he had. After terrorizing the shipping for a few years, Khrath went mad, and slaughtered his crew, sacrificing them to the lord the deep, then he set a fire and the ship sank. But Murlar, impressed with Khrath's Devotion, gave him back his life ( by combining him with a giant kraken ) and his ship and sent him out to recover more souls for him. Even Today... The Great ship stalks the great seas waiting for a chance to capture more souls for it's dark master. Ever since Sailors from all over sorren tell tales of The Kiss of Oblivion, and Khrath's madness.

Descripition of an Encounter with the ship by a Merchant ship crewman:

"Well, It all started when we were attacked by a group of Pirates, after about an hour we defeated them. But we lost our ship. We commandeered their vessel, but we saw dark clouds on the Horizon, and then out of nowhere came this gigantic ship..." <shudders> " The First thing we noticed about it was it's huge figurehead. It was a huge golden eye. We knew the pirate vessel would not survive the storm so we went aboard, It was a masterpiece of art and engineering
The elegant staterooms and gundecks were well lighted by large diamond chandeliers but then we started hearing it" <interveiewer asks what> " The Sounds..." That's all he was willing to say.

Description of R'unorian Dreadnought ( by Xenos Ravenbeack)
just for reference.

Dreadnaught: These ships are huge vessels, but also sluggish. Dreadnaughts measure usually between 200 and 220 peds bow to stern and 150-160 port to starboard. They have 5 gundecks and carry 20  stationary ballista implacements and 4 rotating catapult implacements... However, their primary function is to serve as landing platforms for lurker divisions allowing for greater range in flight. There exist only a small handfull of these mammoth ships in the R'unorian armada and their class is being discontinued in the near future due to high maintenance costs and limited applications.

note: The Kiss of Oblivion carries NO Lurker divisions

Edited by: Timeras at: 7/17/02 3:25:01 am
Rayne (Alýr)
Dreamress
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05 July 2002, 23:43:00 »

One question: who is the "lady the deep"? ^_^''

Timeras

Lursus/Mathis RPside

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 06 July 2002, 00:34:00 »

It's lord of the deep and its Murlar the R'unorian god of the ocean

Rayne (Alýr)
Dreamress
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06 July 2002, 00:52:00 »

Ah. It was lady before. ^_^''

Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 365

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #9 on: 06 July 2002, 10:12:00 »

I thought Vulrath was the God of the Ocean....but that was a long time ago and my R'unorian pantheon is a bit shaky..

one thing I do know, though, is that unless "Oblivian" is the name of yet another deity, and this thing is actually his eyeball... it should be spelt "Oblivion" - as in complete and utter destruction.  Yes?  No?  

Bard

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf /  a land of trees that stand; / where trees are fallen there is grief; /  I love no leafless land."   --A.E. Housman

Timeras

Lursus/Mathis RPside

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 06 July 2002, 13:13:00 »

your kidding... The spell checker must be off or somthing

Rayne (Alýr)
Dreamress
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 06 July 2002, 18:17:00 »

Oblivian... oblivion... ::fiddles with the words, then gives up and goes to get another frappaccino::

Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 365

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #12 on: 06 July 2002, 19:50:00 »

Well, "Oblavian" would make a cool deity or emperor name, ya gotta admit...  

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf /  a land of trees that stand; / where trees are fallen there is grief; /  I love no leafless land."   --A.E. Housman

Timeras

Lursus/Mathis RPside

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 06 July 2002, 20:07:00 »

It's not bad... What do you think about the emperor name Calmorak XXII, Emperor of Eilenach. (Isle-in-ack)

Rayne (Alýr)
Dreamress
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 06 July 2002, 23:32:00 »

O-blah-vi-an. ::sits there half drunk on frappaccino:: Blah-blah-blah-blahvian! Blavian! @.@; ::falls over::

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]