Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: A Song to Sing - Overview  (Read 2125 times)
Atrii Redwood

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« on: 09 December 2002, 21:29:00 »

Ok, this overview is something you would read on the back if this was a book. So it doesn't ruin the whole story:)    

Overview - Merver and Lechuza are good friends that are masters of the Mandolin. Together they have become a legend in Strata for their wonderful music. They have played anywhere and everywhere there is in Strata, but now the duo become tired of the same crowds, people and places. They decide to travel around the rest of Sorren. They become a travelling duo of two of the most gifted Mandolin players Sorren has ever known.
They travel north into other cities such as: Thalambath, Bardavos and Marcogg.
Merver and Lechuza begin to enjoy what Sorren has to offer until they encounter a small plot to kill their idol Ervez Liluz. The organization plans to assasinate Ervez during one of Merver and Lechuza's performances in Santhala. Together they must find a way to save their idol and still complete their performance in one of the biggest concert in all of Sorren's history.

Tell me what you think, I would really appreciate suggestions to improve this idea.

Edited by: Artimidor Federkiel at: 12/10/02 6:53:29 pm
Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #1 on: 10 December 2002, 18:24:00 »

Sparta? Where is Sparta? This is a greek town , not a good choice for here.
Somehow you have to improve your English , I can't say what exactly is wrong, it is more a feeling. I see, that an interesting story is behind it, but  try to write it a bit more compact  and interesting???

Maybe more like this?Or better...

"M.and L are musicians who are masters of the mandolin. They are good friends and together they became a legend in their native town(?) Sparta. Their wonderful music is a pleasure for old and young. They know by now every place in Sparta, every pub, every major house where they were invited to play in, they played on the nearby hills and down where the town meets the river....But everyone who stays at home won#t grow, every artist needs new impressions to get better (take a better expression here). so both decide to leave their home town and to travel the whole of Sorren. (don't know if explore is the right word here).
...mention now which towns they visit..

Edited by: Talia Sturmwind  at: 12/10/02 12:39:25 am

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #2 on: 10 December 2002, 18:40:00 »

and I would remove your first part of your sig, otherwise we will have an angry webmaster and we don't like this, do we? ;)  

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
Atrii Redwood

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10 December 2002, 19:11:00 »

Ok, well thx... darn I knew that city didn't exist:lol  the city I'm thinking of does exist in Santharia though...umm...STRATA.:lol  Got it

Atrii Redwood:Azuka:Akira

Erutan Argon
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10 December 2002, 23:07:00 »

Sparta, Strata, same thing(almost) :lol  

War has withered life, Death has withered war. Bend the blazes of power, Take the Strength of Cain, shrouded as it is, puddle all souls with pain.

Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #5 on: 11 December 2002, 11:27:00 »

I chase you two in the sewers to get lost and robbed by the thieves there, how do you dare to write Sparta when you think on Strata! SPARTA! ***desperately looking at the screen*** I hope you will read the entry of Strata thoroughly before writing your story, otherwise you won't have an easy life with me!!! ;-)

Any questions welcome. Btw, why don#t you take Bardavos as an artists town for a start? And how do you plan to leave Strata?

***Astropic of the day***

Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 365

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #6 on: 11 December 2002, 20:56:00 »

Oh, and would you mind inventing the Mandolin before you go any further?

Description, History, Famous Mandolinists, a picture link, and a couple of original compositions scored for mandolin, if you please?

:p :D  

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf /  a land of trees that stand; / where trees are fallen there is grief; /  I love no leafless land."   --A.E. Housman

Atrii Redwood

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11 December 2002, 22:20:00 »

ok, but for the famous mandolinists... what should I do for that... and the original compositions?

Atrii Redwood:Azuka:Akira

Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #8 on: 12 December 2002, 02:22:00 »

Well, you have to write some songs of course!:lol  

Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 365

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #9 on: 12 December 2002, 10:16:00 »

It was a JOKE, Atrii, for pity's sake!

Hmmmm....

on second thought, it's still a good idea...

(looks over the tops of her glasses at the ranger)  Yes, I think we DEFINITELY need an entry for the Mandolin.

But you may be excused the compositions.  [My darling husband just bought me an electronic keyboard for Christmas, which I will be hooking up to my computer, so....] (rubs hands gleefully)

Regards from the loves-her-keyboard-bard,
Judith

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf /  a land of trees that stand; / where trees are fallen there is grief; /  I love no leafless land."   --A.E. Housman

Atrii Redwood

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 12 December 2002, 18:06:00 »

hmmm... ok. A JOKE? :lol  well it is hard sometimes to realize when something is a joke on the boards:)  

We plan to start A New Kind Of Army! To Smart to Fight. To Smart to Die.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]