Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: *Ponders* I think we need some Druid work...  (Read 4246 times)
Tau Rahl

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« on: 27 December 2002, 21:04:00 »

Now we have magic, and Clerical magic, maybe we could do a Druidic magic, ofcourse we shouldn't do anything on it until the magic and cleric systems are done being worked on, but I think it might be interesting, we could have druidic magic on its own, or it could branch into clerical and wizard magic...Just my thoughts...:hat  

"Once one has traveled the known world there is only one left to travel...The Etherial Void."

Tau Rahl
Cleric of Coor

Radaroc

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 27 December 2002, 22:04:00 »

This might help.  If your talking about the magic revisions then I believe the order for the revisions if Elemental magic, Clerical magic, then Druidic magic.  Dasson, Viresse(sp?), and Rayne know much more about this then I so feel free to correct me.

In the begining I was weak.  Now I have purpose.  Stay me from my path and the Gods themselves cannot save you.

Rayne (Alýr)
Dreamress
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 117

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27 December 2002, 22:12:00 »

Druids are Ilian's field, and until we get his permission, I'd be hesitant on doing anything in that field. Unfortunately he hasn't been around much lately. He's been having some family troubles and has been unable to get on. If he's away too long perhaps we'll consider letting someone else do his druid entries, but until then, let's just try to finish the Elemental and Clerical classes.

"There is much misjudgment in the world. Now, I knew you for a unicorn when I first saw you, and I know that I am your friend. Yet you take me for a clown, or a clod, or a betrayer, and so I must be if you see me so. The magic on you is only magic and will vanish as soon as you are free, but the enchantment of error that you put on me I must wear forever in your eyes. We are not always what we seem..." -Schmendrick the Magician, The Last Unicorn
Viresse
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27 December 2002, 22:45:00 »

*clears throat*
Of which the clerical summaries are near done, save for being approved and placed...
*slinks back*

*pokey de Viresse at viresse@santharia.com* - character descriptions moderator
The Santharian Dream - Home sweet Home...

Rayne (Alýr)
Dreamress
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 117

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27 December 2002, 23:25:00 »

Viresse is the clerical expert. She does so much work. -^_^- Yay Viresse!

"There is much misjudgment in the world. Now, I knew you for a unicorn when I first saw you, and I know that I am your friend. Yet you take me for a clown, or a clod, or a betrayer, and so I must be if you see me so. The magic on you is only magic and will vanish as soon as you are free, but the enchantment of error that you put on me I must wear forever in your eyes. We are not always what we seem..." -Schmendrick the Magician, The Last Unicorn
Koldar Mondrakken
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 28 December 2002, 05:08:00 »

On a general note, clerical and wizardy magic have already such general explanations (beside the Ximaxian system) that it should be possible to include any other magic-user as variants in these two branches.
This is why I pestered Llian to consider druidic magic as a variant of clerical magic or maybe human life magic.

This way there can be several other cultures with magicusers without contradicting things worked out about magic in general.

Koldar Mondrakken, Knight of the Moonlight
--Santharian Master of Disaster--
One day I'll be the greatest of all Jedi!!

Wren
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 9

View Profile
eep
« Reply #6 on: 28 December 2002, 09:05:00 »

*cries*
Does druidic magic have to be sooo different from the magic that already exists - especially xeua types.....I have enough trouble grasping it all as it is.

Xarl
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 28 December 2002, 10:15:00 »

*rubs hands, cackles evilly*
Eeeeexcellent...

Radaroc

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 28 December 2002, 12:00:00 »

I feel that Druids should be similar to clerics but instead of having a direct god they draw their power from the world.  Everything on Sorren has some Cár'áll in/surrounding it, correct?  The druids would draw on this power to manipulate they're specialty (i.e. - Stone, fire, animals, plants, and water) So some examples:
-Water/Blue Druids could command a river to flow a different direction or create a whirlpoold,
-Stone/Brown Druids could get the stone/earth to move to his will, creating tunnels, moving boulders,
-Animal/Grey druids would be able to connect to the creatures of Sorren either asking them to fight with him or eagles could tell him that a party of hunters were killing far too many deer,
-Fire/Red druids basicly control fire and command fire to appear to stop an arrow or light a house on fire also they can become fire,
-The main ability of the Tree/Green druids is their ability to merge with a tree to become a dryad which only exists for 3 days but they could get the trees to wrap their roots around a peron trapping them.  
Presently each of the orders worships gods which is ok but that shouldn't be where they get they're powers from, that would just make them clerics with a different name.  They should be protectors of their element.  The only exception for this is the Fire Druids who want to take over all of Sorren (they'd be super zelots who can become fire)  

In the begining I was weak.  Now I have purpose.  Stay me from my path and the Gods themselves cannot save you.

Edited by: Radaroc at: 12/28/02 5:49:58 pm
Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #9 on: 29 December 2002, 14:05:00 »

What is the difference beetween elemental magic and druid magic then?

For me two forms of magic would be enough, the magic which is done without believing in anything, and the magic which is done with believing in something. Don't make it too complicated. I'm afraid as well, that too many earthenly concepts infiltrate Santharia, and druidic magic seem to me comes directly from RL without any changes....

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #10 on: 29 December 2002, 15:31:00 »

I fear all other kinds of magic (clerical as well) will have to wait till we have all elemental spell classes done. Can't do everything at the same time.

The Santharian Dream Webmaster - Let Fantasy Dreams come true!
World Development Admin - The Forum where Worlds are born...

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Winlok
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 29 December 2002, 16:18:00 »

I'm with Talia here, and I've mentioned a much simpler way and less complicated to Art a long time ago.
We only need two magics. One accomplished with out beliefs, and the other by believing in something.(Queprur) Think of different magics, as the spokes of a wheel. You only need one basic type of magic, the hub, with a lot of subsidiaries of magic branching off of it.  

Koldar Mondrakken
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 29 December 2002, 17:32:00 »

I think there's a general agreement that these are the two main branches of magic and the fundaments are already explained very well. But that doesn't mean that there can't be different approaches at what is called clerical or elemental magic. A druid would be in my eyes someone who works with clerical magic but has nature as his deity not the twelve per se.

Some flexibility is necessary when other cultures should work.

Koldar Mondrakken, Knight of the Moonlight
--Santharian Master of Disaster--
One day I'll be the greatest of all Jedi!!

Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #13 on: 29 December 2002, 18:23:00 »

As long as there is no third branch of magic! But as Art says, let us (well, not me;-)) finish the first type first!

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Radaroc

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 29 December 2002, 20:40:00 »

That was what I thought I was trying to say Koldar, but I guess my descriptions thru people off.

Edited by: Radaroc at: 12/29/02 2:41:10 am
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]

[15 March 2017, 02:17:52]

[14 March 2017, 20:23:43]

[06 February 2017, 04:53:35]

[31 January 2017, 08:45:52]

[15 December 2016, 15:50:49]

[26 November 2016, 23:16:38]

[27 October 2016, 07:42:01]

[27 September 2016, 18:51:05]

[11 September 2016, 23:17:33]

[11 September 2016, 23:15:27]

[11 September 2016, 22:58:56]

[03 September 2016, 22:22:23]
Members
Total Members: 1085
Latest: kmshltns01
Stats
Total Posts: 144683
Total Topics: 11053
Online Today: 74
Online Ever: 226
(06 November 2012, 05:38:23)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 78
Total: 78

Last 10 Shouts:
22 February 2019, 06:47:10
A delightful 2019 shout-out to you all ^^
21 November 2018, 23:39:14
Seems none of us can stay away ..
09 March 2018, 23:37:46
Dream goes on as long as there are dreamers my friend.
17 January 2018, 01:23:22
Oh, how I wish we could reawaken the Dream :)
16 January 2018, 11:55:48
Hello everyone!
14 September 2017, 09:40:04
Hello all! It's been a minute since I poked my nose in here. Can't remember if I ever did anything useful.
09 May 2017, 14:17:18
Ah, too bad that internet is so restricted in China, Ferra. Can't be much fun surfing the web that way if Big Brother's watching you... Hope you enjoy your stay nevertheless!
03 May 2017, 17:41:19
Hi, dear Arti and other developers!

This year I am in China and cannot use any Google services including YouTube. For this reason I stopped uploading new Nepris videos. I can also not read any comments there.

It just crossed my mind that this information might be useful to you.

Cheers

F
26 March 2017, 12:48:56
Hello to anyone that might read this. :)
22 December 2016, 02:38:16
Merry Christmas everyone!