Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Wreny songs.  (Read 1422 times)
Wren
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 9

View Profile
« on: 20 August 2003, 14:41:00 »

OK I started making a list of all the songs that I have worked on and think I can get to a reasonable standard within four months or so with a little work. It nearly gave me a heart attack!  :eek  

I thought I'd put the list up so that if anyone has any issues about me singing their work they can tell me before I spend eight hours arranging instrumental parts.... Also three of the poems belong to members that have left. Not sure where we stand on that? Also thought the writers might be interested as to where abouts I'd got to with their work?

Finished Songs (definetly will get recorded at some point):

Night at Alvang: But I'm playing with the idea of a trumpet part if I can find someone to play it/keyboard that sounds half decent!

Avash'aelia's Lament:Heh - my masterpiece! Schostakovich meets Kate Bush (yes yes I know I'm not as talented as either)....Odd String parts all over the place, creepy goblin noises from my two year old cousins fisher price keyboard. Love it. Took forever though!

Call of Surian? Am I gonna re-record this? Drogo was sutiably unimpressed and was rather adimant that it didn't go up. Makes me not wanna do it again.

Practically Finished (definetly will get recorded):
Minstral Mage: Working on the progression between the passages it still feels bitty. Need to do some work on the under parts, which take away from the irish folky feel of the violin and melody of the top.

Eyasha: I wrote that melody forever ago, so I just need to finish the under parts for the middle eight section.

As only I: Only guitar and vocal. But I might do what I did with Queen of the dead, and only add piano chords so that's easy!

Downess: I'm aiming at bluesy/jazzy piano cresendo, and falling somewhere short of all of them. I'll get there in the end I suspect!

Eshnean: What people are gonna think of me singing in Styrash I have no sodding idea! Vir said she was a sucker for harmony, so this at present consists simply of five vocal parts. Seeing as I'm a girl I may add some base. I haven't decided. Seeing as its short I may try and assemble a low quality recording so you can hear it and tell me what you think.

Night is deepning: Japaneesy style thing. Lots of little plinky plonky noises again from my cousins keyboard! All Hail Fisher Price!
Vocal Melody only (some of these will! get dropped):
Nocturne: I worked this out with the last lot I recorded, but for some reason I never got around to taking it to the recording studio to thrash out the deatils. I'll have a go at it and see...

Legacy: Member gone! Worth the time and the effort to get right?

Fellowship and Honesty: Member gone. The meter is giving me problems in places.

HELP:
Merry Wren of the forest and Rover/Rambler. I'd love to do these, but I can't for the life of me get hold of the albums that Judy got the tunes from......Which is a shame cos I could listen and simply lift the arrangement from the track!

Anodd yw dwyn dyn oddiar ei dylwyth

Edited by: Wren at: 8/19/03 22:51
Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 365

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #1 on: 20 August 2003, 18:53:00 »

You're doing the Minstrel Mage?  (gasps for air and words)

I can't believe MY lyrics are gonna get RECORDED by the fabulously-voiced WREN!

(jumps up and down and does her swooning girly fan impersonation)

Whew... (takes deep breath and finishes reading)

Let me see if I can't record those other two pieces to a sound file and email them to you, Wren - at least you could hear the melody!  I will work on seeing if I can make that happen.  Or if you email me your snail-mail address, I could just slap the relevant CD tracks onto a cassette tape and stick it in an envelope - takes longer to get to you but better quality sound...  

my email is (still for the moment) masterbard@poetic.com.

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf /  a land of trees that stand; / where trees are fallen there is grief; /  I love no leafless land."   --A.E. Housman

Faugar
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 108

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #2 on: 21 August 2003, 00:50:00 »

hey, we got our best Santharian bards working together, so noone will complain! I'm looking forward to hearing them new songs :)
How are you doing btw, Wren? With my intership experience so far (4,5 weeks) I can better understand how hard you must be working and how little time you have left for yourself and us - once again - I admire you!

Only         when you awake, will you know you fell asleep..          

Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #3 on: 21 August 2003, 05:55:00 »

How long do we have to wait and suffer?

***Astropic of the day***

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Silfer Darkflare
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21 August 2003, 09:19:00 »

Woo, Minsterel mage... that song is avesome.. I would so love to hear it sung...

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #5 on: 21 August 2003, 10:26:00 »

Ahhh... My MP3 player already rejoices in advance, though 4 months are quite a bit of time to wait;)

As for Call of Surian: This is a song I love very much (no idea what Drogo wanted, but Drogo isn't here for more than... uhmm... 1 1/2 years no, so...). So I personally would like to see that done with proper recording:D

Eshnean, the Styrásh song, sounds also very interesting for a change:D  I'm curious to hear something like this...

About the songs where the members are gone: Well, the people who contributed were happy to have the poems up on the site, so I'd assume they'd be even more happy to see a song recorded with these lyrics. However, we can try to contact them (if we can find an e-mail address somewhere, either at a team page or at the ezBoard profile) and get the final ok. But I guess if you have a nice melody for these poems, I think you should go for it, Wren:)  

The Santharian Dream Webmaster - Let Fantasy Dreams come true!
World Development Admin - The Forum where Worlds are born...

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]

[15 March 2017, 02:17:52]

[14 March 2017, 20:23:43]

[06 February 2017, 04:53:35]

[31 January 2017, 08:45:52]

[15 December 2016, 15:50:49]

[26 November 2016, 23:16:38]

[27 October 2016, 07:42:01]

[27 September 2016, 18:51:05]

[11 September 2016, 23:17:33]

[11 September 2016, 23:15:27]

[11 September 2016, 22:58:56]

[03 September 2016, 22:22:23]
Members
Total Members: 1085
Latest: kmshltns01
Stats
Total Posts: 144683
Total Topics: 11053
Online Today: 82
Online Ever: 226
(06 November 2012, 05:38:23)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 84
Total: 84

Last 10 Shouts:
22 February 2019, 06:47:10
A delightful 2019 shout-out to you all ^^
21 November 2018, 23:39:14
Seems none of us can stay away ..
09 March 2018, 23:37:46
Dream goes on as long as there are dreamers my friend.
17 January 2018, 01:23:22
Oh, how I wish we could reawaken the Dream :)
16 January 2018, 11:55:48
Hello everyone!
14 September 2017, 09:40:04
Hello all! It's been a minute since I poked my nose in here. Can't remember if I ever did anything useful.
09 May 2017, 14:17:18
Ah, too bad that internet is so restricted in China, Ferra. Can't be much fun surfing the web that way if Big Brother's watching you... Hope you enjoy your stay nevertheless!
03 May 2017, 17:41:19
Hi, dear Arti and other developers!

This year I am in China and cannot use any Google services including YouTube. For this reason I stopped uploading new Nepris videos. I can also not read any comments there.

It just crossed my mind that this information might be useful to you.

Cheers

F
26 March 2017, 12:48:56
Hello to anyone that might read this. :)
22 December 2016, 02:38:16
Merry Christmas everyone!