Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Kor Mithrid  (Read 2962 times)
Palcadon

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« on: 24 August 2002, 00:38:00 »

As part of my development of the Mitharim Dwarves, I am planning on exploring Kor Mithrid.

If anyone has been there or has any information that should be included please leave it here.

Thanks;
Palc

Thuja
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 2

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 24 August 2002, 07:43:00 »

I know that Bard Judith had been doing some thing in this area.  I can't say what as she is gone until her move back to Canada etc.  You may have to wait.

"In a place like this, the magic is all around you, the trick is to see it."

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #2 on: 24 August 2002, 15:42:00 »

Yup, that's the problem here. Judith I think will return to the boards during September if I'm correct, so she is the main reference here. Until then make sure to use the Search function in the Website menu to check out all Kor Mithrid references, Palcadon! E.g. the story about Brok Strongarm and the discovery of Denilou (History section) etc. You can prepare the entry already - on what doesn't fit Judy will surely comment. Thuja has started on the Mithral Mountains (so read the Forum post!), but we were waiting for Judith to add some Mitharim details, so Judith's presence is indeed essential here to finish things.

The Santharian Dream Webmaster - Let Fantasy Dreams come true!
World Development Admin - The Forum where Worlds are born...

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Palcadon

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24 August 2002, 20:08:00 »

Ahh yes, I have conversed with Judith through e-mails and have searched the site for all info on the Mitharim and Kor Mithrid.

As I write I will send to Bard Judith and adjust as she sees fit.
Thuja.... Would you like a copy too?

I will also scan through the boards to find pertinent information concerning the area.

Thanks;
Palc

Thuja
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 25 August 2002, 11:39:00 »

Sure, I let you know what we talked about with the people and area outside of the enclave.  I know a few trade things and plants that we were thinking about.  This should help clear up any area of Kor Mithrid I am aware of.  Also let you add what is needed from trade and the like.

Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 365

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #5 on: 18 November 2002, 20:03:00 »

Thuja - have you heard from Palcadon lately?  Received any emails?  I need to start work on the three dwarven cities in the area, of which Kor Mithrid is paramount, but I'd like to know what the status is and if anything has been done.

At this point, the only parameters are that Kor Mithrid is the main dwarven city-cavern, and its location is NOT known to humans (dwarven privacy and security).  Tyr Donion and Tyr Ethran are minor caves, close to the surface, which serve as trading posts for the dwarves to meet with humans (and any other race which wants to show up at the bargaining table...)  

Further details are available in the newly-posted entry on the Mithril Mountains.

Anyhow, if you have any work, or any ideas, I'd love to hear!

Regards from the honorary Thergerim,
Bard Judith

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf /  a land of trees that stand; / where trees are fallen there is grief; /  I love no leafless land."   --A.E. Housman

Thuja
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 19 November 2002, 11:39:00 »

I have heard nothing since the last post.  But I was doing a trading post (human) by Tyr Ethran along the Ravenwing River.  I was going to have the trading post named for the person who founded, named Korbruk.  This was because as one of the things he did was trade with the dwarves to build a bridge over the river replacing the old oft flooded out wooden one.  This kept the old Mithral route open at all times of the year.  I was thinking that Tyr Ethran was a small city that dealt in gold, one of the few places in the Mithral that had it.  I did not know you were going to make it a trading post.  I thought it would be like Kor Mithrid, hidden, especially because of the gold.

By the way a person by the name of Kolna had the bridge built.  The dwaves built the bridge and started calling it Kolbruk, which basically means in their language "Kolna's Bridge".  That is how the name came about.

But if you are going this way I guess I will have to scrap this idea.  And then I don't have to finish my (forever working) story.  The one I sent you a piece of that I changed to your ideas about dwarven personalities and where I got the names Drager and Megiid fleshed out by you.

Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 365

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #7 on: 19 November 2002, 22:02:00 »

Hey, no, let's go with that idea!

The only reason I had 'opened' Tyr Ethran to humans was for the sake of the MUD - I thought it would be great to have at least one dwarven/underground area that players could explore - and I had heard some references (can't think where now) to humans visiting the city.

Tell you what - let's make Tyr Donion the 'open cave'   :)   and keep your concept of a trading post near Ethran.

I like the concept of making it a cavern that specializes in gold ore mining and smelting - gives it a unique feature that we can work with to build up a picture of the city.  'Gold' in dwarven is 'Mithmez', by the way, if you need to name a peak or other natural feature in the area....  

I would say, whether or not you finish your story   :)   you should definitely go ahead with the trading post - its history so far sounds intriguing and it would make the Mitharim much happier.  We'll keep Ethran as the 'gold cavern' and work on it later, depending on whether Palcadon shows up again or not.

Then I will develop Tyr Donion as I outlined above, as a shallow cavern with some near-ground features and even some above-ground areas with gardens and so on - a place where dwarves live but are hospitable towards guests of other races and can make them comfortable.  

What do you think?
Regards from the claustrophilic bard,
Judith

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf /  a land of trees that stand; / where trees are fallen there is grief; /  I love no leafless land."   --A.E. Housman

Thuja
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 20 November 2002, 02:53:00 »

Sounds good to me.  Since these mountains have been inhabited for quite a long time by the dwarves, I like the idea of three distinct concepts of these places.  It means each area could develop over time and take on their own individual character.  Kor Mithrid would be the main enclave where it is possible that it may have become a bit crowded by dwarven standards and a few younger ones left to open new areas.....or not.  Just something I am throwing out to maybe help flesh out this area.

By the way, Cloud Falls (yeah I know, I can only plead laziness) is not forgotten and should be up by the end of the week.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]