Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: A Bunch of work...  (Read 1499 times)
Koldar Mondrakken
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 1

View Profile
« on: 30 October 2000, 08:51:00 »

I just uploaded. Hey, Artimidor! Do you mind, cleaning up the mess on the server I caused when postings all this more or less fresh work in the wrong folders? ;)  

The first one is for Curgan. I have here a fresh/old Coat of arms from Milkengrad which was hanging above the East Gate of the city until it fell down last week. I was swift and clever and got away with it before the guards even recognized me! =)

It's hidden at www.freespeech.org/santha...tone)2.jpg

Climbing through the sewers I found a half rusted, half galvanized banner. Have a look perhaps you think it looks fine. (Was some sort of experiment going wrong but looks cool!) ;)  

www.freespeech.org/santha...etal)3.jpg

And now there's something for Artimidor! Have a look at the first "Centaurion Coat of Arms". I wrecked half a dozen flying horses before getting to that thing! Was quite an adventure (and a sleepless night).
Comments on what you want and what you don't like so far (I'm sure you'll find something! ;)    ) are welcome.

www.freespeech.org/santha...rions2.jpg

Now, after giving away the presents I wanted to provide some "pencil/paperwork" to the community I don't need but may be the right illustration for one story or another.
I don't want to become a competitor against Aragorn, Faugar or Mikael! Get me right! They rule! They're are the artistmasters of the universe!... and I've just too less time to do very much (and good!) stuff of this kind of work. But still, if anybody finds something useful you may use it!

An unknown elven bard
www.freespeech.org/santha...r/bard.jpg
A furious knight
www.freespeech.org/santha...knight.jpg
A noble warrior
www.freespeech.org/santha...rrior2.jpg
A grey/silver dragon
www.freespeech.org/santha...ragon1.jpg

For the next guy I'm already working on a story. Artimidor got a glimpse of it, but it's still incomplete. This picture emphasizes his character better than my previous sketches... Although the mind of this creature is somewhat chaotic and thus difficult to catch. (what a sentence, Koldar! ;)    )

www.freespeech.org/santha...ewynn2.jpg

And last but not least! ;)  
My "Rune-Font" has entered something you may call beta-stage. (Called Version 0.50. Yes, I'm optimistic!)
I still have to work over grammar and punctuation, but the "alphabet" is already there.
Hope you'll like it. Of yourse, it will be only one Runestyle of thousands yet to come. And I don't want to do them all myself! *shudder*
I just wanted to test this 'free' shareware Font-generator. A link should be still in the 'language section'.
That one here fits best to high elves or somebody who likes symmetrical and logical forms, I think.

www.freespeech.org/santha...nliste.jpg

You can breathe again, folks! That's all! *proud grin*
To calm you down. Most of the work here was lying around since months. Today I found the time to scan the work and upload it. Except the CoAs and the Runes there's nothing _really_ new here. Enjoy the material! ;)  
Think I've to concentrate on study for the next time. After two weeks I should start to do something for it, I think! Although... I just don't have the time! *turning over to his paper-crowded desk in despairation*

Farewell, travellers!
                        , Koldar Mondrakken

Edited by: Koldar Mondrakken at: 10/29/00 2:54:52 pm
Greybark
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 30 October 2000, 11:38:00 »

Like the font. Different numbers of dots like that, very similar to Arabic. Definitely still original, though. I'm looking forward to seeing where they're used.

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #2 on: 31 October 2000, 12:01:00 »

1.) Yup, thanx for the work from me too!

2.) Curgan already agreed to use the first COA for the Milkengradians - although I somehow like the rusty look of the second, especially the central part.

3.) I'm still not sure about the Centoraurian COA. Nice work, but I would have prefered the pose of Diraton dropping down into the Anaios gap as shown on Vaelaron's picture (hell, this lousy Artimidor always has something to critizise). Because: 1.) It is mentioned in the text of the Elvenfall that Diraton himself is shown on the banner (like Caein on the Erpheronian one) - I initially wanted to express human hybris in the main humans COAs by showing humans in all the COAs. 2.) The horse is dropping down into the gap. In fact it's not flying, but just keeping Diraton from dying - at least that's what the drawing of Vaelaron suggests, I guess.

We could probably use the current banner for some other tribe... Hmmm...

4.) I like the elven runes very much, but I told you that already. Nice forms, guess elven sentences it will look pretty fine... Hope you can convert it completely to a Styrásh font=)

5.) Concerning the mess you made and all the other drawings of yours: When I have set up the domain I plan to use the current Santharian webspace (25 MB) for the showing off of all other Santharian works which still aren't used in a way. Everybody who knows how to handle FTP should have access to this place on the web... The Santharian Member Works section will probably develop to an own site...

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Koldar Mondrakken
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01 November 2000, 13:25:00 »

to 3.) I expected that! ;)

Do you like the Pegasus?
I posed it that way because it looks best so! Every other pose was just looking silly. You didn't knew what this horse is doing there. But I've another idea about the CoA. Hope you'll like it!

Bye, Koldar Mondrakken

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #4 on: 07 November 2000, 15:24:00 »

Pegasus picture: I somehow have the impression that it would look coolest if the wings were missing and if the horse would be white e.g.

I guess the problem with the winged horse is that the hindlegs look as if the horse is standing - cause if the horse would be flying the hindlegs would be closer together... Probably you took a horse from a picture which was "standing up" on its hindlegs, so this motion is still in the picture, somehow interfering with the wings. (At least this is my impression.) Therefore I would suggest to let the horse just stand on its hinlegs for this COA. - Any other opinions?

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Koldar Mondrakken
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08 November 2000, 08:26:00 »

Horse was drawn completely out of my mind. I think the problem is that the wings are to small.
I tried to make a "flying" horse at first but it just didn't fit!

Well, will look at it later...

Bye, Koldar

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]

[15 March 2017, 02:17:52]

[14 March 2017, 20:23:43]

[06 February 2017, 04:53:35]

[31 January 2017, 08:45:52]

[15 December 2016, 15:50:49]

[26 November 2016, 23:16:38]

[27 October 2016, 07:42:01]

[27 September 2016, 18:51:05]

[11 September 2016, 23:17:33]

[11 September 2016, 23:15:27]

[11 September 2016, 22:58:56]

[03 September 2016, 22:22:23]
Members
Total Members: 1085
Latest: kmshltns01
Stats
Total Posts: 144683
Total Topics: 11053
Online Today: 82
Online Ever: 226
(06 November 2012, 05:38:23)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 76
Total: 76

Last 10 Shouts:
22 February 2019, 06:47:10
A delightful 2019 shout-out to you all ^^
21 November 2018, 23:39:14
Seems none of us can stay away ..
09 March 2018, 23:37:46
Dream goes on as long as there are dreamers my friend.
17 January 2018, 01:23:22
Oh, how I wish we could reawaken the Dream :)
16 January 2018, 11:55:48
Hello everyone!
14 September 2017, 09:40:04
Hello all! It's been a minute since I poked my nose in here. Can't remember if I ever did anything useful.
09 May 2017, 14:17:18
Ah, too bad that internet is so restricted in China, Ferra. Can't be much fun surfing the web that way if Big Brother's watching you... Hope you enjoy your stay nevertheless!
03 May 2017, 17:41:19
Hi, dear Arti and other developers!

This year I am in China and cannot use any Google services including YouTube. For this reason I stopped uploading new Nepris videos. I can also not read any comments there.

It just crossed my mind that this information might be useful to you.

Cheers

F
26 March 2017, 12:48:56
Hello to anyone that might read this. :)
22 December 2016, 02:38:16
Merry Christmas everyone!