Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Correspondence with Faugar  (Read 2090 times)
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« on: 09 November 2000, 16:33:00 »

Here's a piece of the correspondence I had with Faugar lately. I thought some things mighty interest you too. My words ar marked with [A], answers of Faugar start with [F]:

"[A] I haven't forgotten about the "Gallery" thing for all artists, but this is much more work that an updated "Team section", so give me some time on this. I'm doing lots of maps myself currently, so I'm always a little stressed...

[F] I thought what already is there (the links) is nice already! no need to go further there i think..

[A] New drawings: Yup, you're always welcome to deliver some drawings and we will eagerly use it:)  As for the gods: Seyella e.g. would be an interesting topic (Goddess of Destiny) - I thought about her with a blindfold (hope that's the right word) covering her eyes... Blindfold = piece of cloth so that you can't see anything. Maybe this would be something for you: Head of Seyella, wearing a blindfold, looking skyward, and her face and hair looking somwhat etherial... - Well, we still haven't managed to come up with some "tools" for the other gods (will force this a bit), but if you have an idea of your own how you would like to draw a certain god feel free to tell me and we will see if it sounds ok...

[F] anything BESIDES a blindfold :) ) I sure hope so - it is a 'family' site after all ... :) ) (shoes dont count! :P)
also - etherial means..?
i dont think a scale and a sword would be right.. thats too conventional.. any ideas (on clothing too)?

[A] BTW: If I could choose a drawing style I would suggest to draw pictures similar to the first gnome you sent(captain Piccard *hehe*) - at least I like such pictures best, but they don't need to be necessarily grayscale pictures. I don't know if such images are more difficult for you than others, but I just wanted to let you know that I like these pictures very much.

[F] well... that 'draw style' i used (for BOTH gnome pictures) is digital 'painting' with my new drawing tablet using fractal design painter and a bit of photoshop sometimes.. and i must say I like it too! I usually do that in color, so that's not a problem.

[A] And as I'm speaking about pictures and you mentioned pictures accompanying the texts: You are very good at drawing portraits, but I don't know if you can do or like to do landscapes or "action pictures", e.g. a fight at the Avaesthoría or a view on Voldar with Eyrin in front, riding into the town or something similar. If so, this would also be very helpful. But I don't want to talk you into something - you're absolutely free to decide what you'd like to do next=)

[F] a tough one... as you can probably imagine a portret of any kind reqires much less work than a drawing of the kind you mentioned... let's say an average drawing i make (like the ones already on santharia) is like 2-6 hours work.. i estimate any 'action' or 'landscape' kind of work at at least 5 times that.. but still - I'm always trying to improve my work, and adding a background, action, light multiple characters etc is the way to do it. so i'll try to do my best!

[A] "Wild rose" [Faugar sent a picture to Xenos I heard]: I know that Xenos has a Macintosh at hope and I personally had some problems reading some files he sent. So it is very likely that he somehow couldn't read the picture format - at least that's what I guess. So please mail the rose to me and I will post it at the Forum etc.

Phew... Hope this answered some questions:)  Thanx again for your wonderful contributions and best wishes,

[F] I dunno - i think he just didn't like the picture or thought it not appropriate for the text... maybe he was right. I'm not sure if it is..
and concernig the forum posting - judging by the lack of response to previous post(s) i don't think it's any good...:(  still haven't got any requests for pictures, so i'm affraid there're very few members actually interested in any pictures (from me anyway) to accompany the text...
anyways - I hope to get a bit more details on the gods (i'll chceck the forum also, as i've seen you asked for help on that one yourself :) , so i can come up with something ... good and god looking..:)

cheers,
Faugar"

Note Artimidor: You see that if you have a request for pictures - just go ahead! E.g. Curgan could request a drawing of "Curgan" fitting to his entry as his desired picture was already used for Wengerim...

And what about the rose, Xenos? Could you read the file?

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Xenos Ravenbeack

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 09 November 2000, 17:11:00 »

yes. I like it (although the girl in the picture is either stupid or sucecidal) I think it will work very nicely

Edited by: Xenos Ravenbeack  at: 11/8/00 11:12:58 pm
Faugar
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 108

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #2 on: 09 November 2000, 19:01:00 »

I see what you mean :)  Besides being stupid or suicidal one also could just be ignorant.. ;)
ANyway - I just send the picture of the goddes we spoke of through email ( I cant post it here, thats why..) I hope it's ok! one note on it to Artimidor - if you like, you can try these photoshop filters on this picture: "fresco", "facet" or "water paper" and see if you like the result more than the original...
I'll see what I can do about any requests.. speaking of which - if you ppl like Seyella pic, how about the next god? :)

Greybark
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 1

View Profile
:)
« Reply #3 on: 10 November 2000, 04:16:00 »

I like your pics very much.....just thought you were too busy. How would you like to try your hand at a Drasil?

Faugar
Santh. Member

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #4 on: 10 November 2000, 06:10:00 »

I just read about them in Compendium, and it sounds very interesting and challenging (and refreshing). So I think I'll give it a try!

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #5 on: 10 November 2000, 11:19:00 »

Many thanx for the Seyella painting! I guess I say too much: fantastic work, Faugar, but this is even more fantastic than fantastic!! Very nice work!

I will try the Photoshop things you proposed - we'll see if I can find an interesting effect... BTW: Maybe I could work a bit on the hair part with Photoshop in order to stress the "etherial" on the picture... Don't know if I could really succeed in making it more "etherial" with this idea and I also don't know if you'd like me to do this (I personally may react very strange when someone would like to add a line or two to one of my paintings *hehe*). If you prefer it the way it is I have no problem - you're the artist and you've delivered an outstanding work, that's for sure=)

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Faugar
Santh. Member

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #6 on: 10 November 2000, 13:02:00 »

Well... how about you try those filters first, and if none of them really improves the hair..  make it more...  etherial. I guess the credits would have to go to us both - it would be a joined effort for santharian illustration... ;)
oh, and I'm glad you liked it! post the finished 'product' here for us all to judge it, or just insert it in the 'cosmos' section and let us know here, ok?

Curgan2

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10 November 2000, 16:06:00 »

First of all, Seyella is a masterpiece and I have already printed it and hanged over my drawer.
As for the drawing requests, I like to know any available drawings, because depending to which of my "characters" look like I choose integrate them instantly by just choosing them as the next to get a story. Right now I have two entries for some of your elves, Faugar, on the works, and already have told Artimidor which pics they are -guess he 'll reserve them for me. As for the requests, as long as you have nothing better to do just send me an e-mail asking me if there is any requests, you 'll always find something. I have lot's of them! My "problem" is that I seldomly know which artist has anything for integration.
And if any artist finds inspiration by my compendium entry, I will be honored if he/she chose to draw it, whithout even asking me. Of course I 'm always available for any king of questions about the characters.  

Faugar
Santh. Member

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #8 on: 10 November 2000, 17:45:00 »

PRINTED it? you kidding right? well... in case you're not - I think I would print it to.. if I had a printer :)   I guess I spent too much money on my scanner, tablet and photo equipment - you cant have it all..
But I'm flattered :)  
About available drawings - check the forum postings and www.freespeech.org/santharia/faugar/ - you'll find lotsa unused pics there. Also you're welcome to check my homepage ( members.home.nl/mcf/ ) and look under color or B&W (2) - maybe you'll find something there?
And if you have any particular requests - post it on the forum, so all the santharian artist can see it and perhaps respond to it! It's much faster then email sometimes (especially now, when my email server is having problems ... again) ;)  

Edited by: Artimidor Federkiel at: 11/10/00 12:01:47 am
Curgan2

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 13 November 2000, 14:38:00 »

I mean have you started him or did the magnificent Seyella drawing took u all your time?

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]

[15 March 2017, 02:17:52]

[14 March 2017, 20:23:43]

[06 February 2017, 04:53:35]

[31 January 2017, 08:45:52]

[15 December 2016, 15:50:49]

[26 November 2016, 23:16:38]

[27 October 2016, 07:42:01]

[27 September 2016, 18:51:05]

[11 September 2016, 23:17:33]

[11 September 2016, 23:15:27]

[11 September 2016, 22:58:56]

[03 September 2016, 22:22:23]
Members
Total Members: 1093
Latest: sh4l0nda12
Stats
Total Posts: 144684
Total Topics: 11053
Online Today: 69
Online Ever: 580
(07 December 2019, 09:39:18)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 40
Total: 40

Last 10 Shouts:
24 October 2019, 13:31:22
Hi and happy 2019 shoutout from me.
22 February 2019, 06:47:10
A delightful 2019 shout-out to you all ^^
21 November 2018, 23:39:14
Seems none of us can stay away ..
09 March 2018, 23:37:46
Dream goes on as long as there are dreamers my friend.
17 January 2018, 01:23:22
Oh, how I wish we could reawaken the Dream :)
16 January 2018, 11:55:48
Hello everyone!
14 September 2017, 09:40:04
Hello all! It's been a minute since I poked my nose in here. Can't remember if I ever did anything useful.
09 May 2017, 14:17:18
Ah, too bad that internet is so restricted in China, Ferra. Can't be much fun surfing the web that way if Big Brother's watching you... Hope you enjoy your stay nevertheless!
03 May 2017, 17:41:19
Hi, dear Arti and other developers!

This year I am in China and cannot use any Google services including YouTube. For this reason I stopped uploading new Nepris videos. I can also not read any comments there.

It just crossed my mind that this information might be useful to you.

Cheers

F
26 March 2017, 12:48:56
Hello to anyone that might read this. :)