Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: New Race?  (Read 3316 times)
DarSeideous

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« on: 16 November 2000, 10:02:00 »

Hey, I'm new here so I don't know what all is possible,
but what if there was an unknown race living in the shadows. Would they be historians, sworn to never interfere; or maybe savage warriors, waiting for a chance to strike. Let me know if you think I should entertain this idea or just let it roll over and die.

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #1 on: 16 November 2000, 12:04:00 »

Hello again, DarSeideous!

Can you be a bit more precise on this race and their life in the shadows? You mean creatures who look like shadows or some such but also have some sort of intellect? Sort of ghosts, spirits or dead people? Can they be seen? And if: how and when? We have a "beast" in our bestiary which is a bit like this and it is called the Mystran (see there). But I don't know if this would be something to compare your idea with. Just give us some more details. However, sounds interesting...

P.S. Don't forget to register at the Forum (See link "My control center" on the startpage of the Forum on the top left, then register for a "Global Account"). Thanx!

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
DarSeideous

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 November 2000, 13:39:00 »

When I said "in the shadows", I meant in hiding. Supose a race existed that no other race knew about, a race that has been studing the other races throughout the ages for some unknown purpose. Now imagine a creature of this race slipping up and getting caught. Could he fill in some of the gaps in Santharian history? Perhaps his secrets would be valueable or maybe even dangerous. Either way, could be interesting. It's just an idea I've been playing around with. Think it'll fit Santharia?

P.S. The control room asked for a password. I didn't have a password. The control room got angry and wouldn't let me in. Just so this senario dosn't repeat itself, could I have a password? Me and the control room thank you.

Xenos Ravenbeack

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16 November 2000, 14:33:00 »

Hello Newcommer. to ansewe you password problem all you have to do is regester with ez-boards and this will be solved, as for a new race, well look at the drasil if you have a race that whould fit into santharia then go for it the worst that can happen is that you'll be orderd to editit them so they fit more neatly.

Xenos, The lord of that other place and verios types of cheese  

DarSeideous

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16 November 2000, 15:46:00 »

Okay, I'm registered and ready to start writing. I think I'll play around with this idea a bit more. Does this new race live underground? Or maybe they have some sort of magic that hides them. Hey, they could be shapeshifters for all I know. Well, any sugestions would be apreciated. Thanks.

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #5 on: 16 November 2000, 15:54:00 »

Yup, my mistake concerning registering. Just click on "Register your free account" (link near "My control center") on the main page of the Forum and then click on "Global account". The rest should be evident:)  And don't forget to greet the control room from me!

*hehe* And sorry about my little mis-interpretation about the shadow-people, but your concept sounds also realizeable and even more interesting. Of course the problem of the origin of such a race must be solved and some other details, e.g. the reason why they are still hiding. I guess you would like to have them really hiding, not outcast, eh? This would indeed be a mysterious race then...

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
DarSeideous

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 16 November 2000, 18:30:00 »

Outcasts? Hmm. They could be an outcast race, deciding to reapear now that everyone has forgoten them. I'll have to study the maps more, but is there some area  cut off from civilization? Maybe an unexplored island or something. And yes, they would be a most mysterious people.

Dala Valannia
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 3

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 16 November 2000, 22:09:00 »

If I remember my Santharian history correctly, the elves are still the first race who appeared in the world, right? Humans came much later, so will the shadow pple be sandwiched in between? If Dar intends them to be bad, maybe they could be like the total opposite of elves. Elves sprung from the mind of Avá so why can't we have a race that sprung from the darkness of Coór?

Btw, saw the pic of Coór on the site. That's one ugly son of a b**** .... *gulp*

Greybark
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 1

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 17 November 2000, 03:07:00 »

Sounds interesting. What I've been doing for the various Brownie settlements is looking carefully at the existing maps until I see something that looks appropriate, research to find out what the area is like, then check to make sure no one is using that area yet. You might want to do something similar? Origins can be worked out later, IMHO, since Santharians have a tendancy to have differing opinions about the past anyway...which perhaps is as it should be. A name is important though. Good luck! I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with! :)

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #9 on: 17 November 2000, 11:33:00 »

Hmmm... I guess the first thing which should be decided is: Arethe shadow people a race of their own (like elves, humans anddwarves etc.) or are they just e.g. a human tribe? If they area race of their own they they would need to have an appearanceof their own which differs from other races (and it could bepart of their nature to not appear in public, bit like the elves). If they are a tribe there should be a specific reason for theirhiding.

Concerning their location: As you can see onthe site the map of southern Sarvonia (=the United Realm of Santharia)is very elaborated already. Northern Sarvonia was designed tomainly harbour barbarians, orcs and dark elves (at least in ancienttimes), so it is not very "civilized" in general. Ifyou choose to let the shadow people live (and hide) in the Santharianregion I would propose that their number is rather small, otherwisethe concept of people hiding could result in some major problems.

Greybark
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 1

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 18 November 2000, 10:00:00 »

....or scattered would also work....a few in each place, in many places

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #11 on: 18 November 2000, 10:34:00 »

Yes, that's what I meant too: scattered in all several regions/towns, whatever... Maybe having a bit of a thieves guild organisation...

Curgan2

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 18 November 2000, 12:39:00 »

It would be nice the idea that these poeple were historians, hidden from the *very* ancient times, perhaps when the elves in the north lost their goodness...

DarSeideous

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 18 November 2000, 14:12:00 »

I like the idea of a new elven tribe. They would be a lot easier to create then a new race (I think), but should they be hiding because they're thieves or because they're historians? Or maybe they were historians in the past, but are starting to form a crime organization. If they were scattered around, I wouldn't have to find some unexplored territory, either. They might even be dark followers of Coor, but how would the differ from followers of Ava?  

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #14 on: 18 November 2000, 14:22:00 »

Hmmmm... How about this one: Why not take the word literary?

Shadow people just as people who together serve the shadow, comprising members of all races and devote themselves to the dark cause only. Outcasts, hiding people, vicious people... Some sort of dark organisation but not a typical thieves guild or some such but people with religious and cosmological background and intent, having their hands in several important political decisions etc.? Maybe they would have a certain religious/cosmological goal they serve...

Well, just a thought, which probably could be elaborated on...

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]

[15 March 2017, 02:17:52]

[14 March 2017, 20:23:43]

[06 February 2017, 04:53:35]

[31 January 2017, 08:45:52]

[15 December 2016, 15:50:49]

[26 November 2016, 23:16:38]

[27 October 2016, 07:42:01]

[27 September 2016, 18:51:05]

[11 September 2016, 23:17:33]

[11 September 2016, 23:15:27]

[11 September 2016, 22:58:56]

[03 September 2016, 22:22:23]
Members
Total Members: 1085
Latest: kmshltns01
Stats
Total Posts: 144683
Total Topics: 11053
Online Today: 74
Online Ever: 226
(06 November 2012, 05:38:23)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 12
Total: 12

Last 10 Shouts:
22 February 2019, 06:47:10
A delightful 2019 shout-out to you all ^^
21 November 2018, 23:39:14
Seems none of us can stay away ..
09 March 2018, 23:37:46
Dream goes on as long as there are dreamers my friend.
17 January 2018, 01:23:22
Oh, how I wish we could reawaken the Dream :)
16 January 2018, 11:55:48
Hello everyone!
14 September 2017, 09:40:04
Hello all! It's been a minute since I poked my nose in here. Can't remember if I ever did anything useful.
09 May 2017, 14:17:18
Ah, too bad that internet is so restricted in China, Ferra. Can't be much fun surfing the web that way if Big Brother's watching you... Hope you enjoy your stay nevertheless!
03 May 2017, 17:41:19
Hi, dear Arti and other developers!

This year I am in China and cannot use any Google services including YouTube. For this reason I stopped uploading new Nepris videos. I can also not read any comments there.

It just crossed my mind that this information might be useful to you.

Cheers

F
26 March 2017, 12:48:56
Hello to anyone that might read this. :)
22 December 2016, 02:38:16
Merry Christmas everyone!