Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: More stuff for the Compendium including Jenefra  (Read 1757 times)
Dala Valannia
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 3

View Profile
« on: 02 December 2000, 00:12:00 »

Behold! Great Leader and Archivist of New Santhala! Thoughts have been gathered and what you asked for is now given to you freely! As you requested, some bios on Jenefra plus as a bonus, I added in descriptions for Lysander, Medoc, Ertai and the Ruling Council of Volder. Ta-da.

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

JENEFRA -

Daughter of Maengolth who was the Erpheronian ruler during the beginning of the Age of Awakening. Reputed to be the most beautiful human woman ever born since the creation of the world. In 1655 b.S, she was wedded to Wengerim as a reward for his slaying of the adamant-dragon Seargon. In 1650 b.S. the cataclysm known as the Dragonstorm descended upon the hapless land and Wengerim was killed, leaving Jenefra a widow. The Ten Ruling Houses of Voldar voted her de-facto sovereign of the Erpheronian Tribe when Maengolth was murdered at the hands of his own son, Caein, who was acting under a pact with Ol'dem'brey. Caein was later himself betrayed and killed by the dragon.

The last surviving member of her family, Jenefra was not prevalently accepted as the monarch among the people due to Caein's heinous actions. But because of her immense courage and determination, Voldar managed to withstand the incessant onslaught of the dragons for as long as it did until the arrival of Katya Ileri Dain, who would later become Queen of the Erpheronians when Jenefra abdicated in her favor, into the besieged city.

LYSANDER DAIN -

Captain of the Guards of Voldar and husband to Queen Katya. His father, Vaelaron, was the Captain before him. Although some discontents believed that nepotism was the main reason that this most highly-sought after military rank in Voldar was bestowed upon Lysander, the young man soon proved himself worthy of his position as Captain time and time again during the bleak years following the Vardýnnian Atonement. The Prince Consort especially demonstrated his capabilities and skills as a tactician during the first uprising of the dark order of the dragonknights who sought to overthrow the rule of his wife. Showing an almost uncanny insight into the dragonknights' maneuvers and tactics, he successfully blocked several of their attacks and nearly drove the knights to extinction before they retreated to the Tandala Mountains.

His only son with Katya, Malakai, would later ascend to the Erpheronian throne after his mother and continue the distinguished Dain bloodline.

MEDOC ILERI -

Father of Katya and the former Captain of the Guards during Maengolth's reign before he retired with his wife, Ertai, to the village of Yarrow situated near the Silvermarshes where he opened a tavern called 'The One-Armed Soldier'. Katya was born to the couple shortly after. Upon Ertai's death, Medoc became Katya's only kin and both father and daughter loved each other dearly. A skillful warrior and intelligent man despite his gruff exterior, Medoc was Maengolth's close friend and right-hand man when he was serving as the Captain.

Medoc was killed in 1650 b.S during the Dragonstorm when Ol'dem'brey flew over Yarrow and destroyed it utterly. His death caused a splinter of burning hate inside his daughter's mind and she swore eternal vengeance upon the adamant-dragon.

ERTAI ILERI -

Wife to Medoc and mother of Queen Katya. A lovely woman of gentle temperament. Daughter of an established merchant family in Voldar. She defied her parents' objections to marry Medoc, a retired soldier of no prosperous means and much older than her. Breaking all ties with her family, she followed her husband to settle in Yarrow where she died giving life to her daughter.

The RULING COUNCIL OF VOLDAR (ref to The Ten Houses of Voldar) -

The Ten Houses of Voldar consists of the most ancient and noblest families in the Erpheronian Tribe. In effect, they form the Ruling Council of Voldar and the current head of each family represents a seat on the council. They generally act in advisory roles to the Erpheronian Rulers although in times of dire need, they can take an active stance in political matters if all ten houses are in accord and with just cause. In 1650 b.S., when Caein was killed by Ol'dem'brey after murdering his father, the Erpheronian throne was left empty for a time while petty lordlings and noblemen nearly came to an open rebellion on the streets of Voldar in a bid for the title of Sovereign.  The Ten Houses assessed the situation and came to a decision to allow Maengolth's daughter and sister of Caein, the Lady Jenefra, to become the next Ruler, even though to appoint a female Sovereign was almost unheard of. It must be told that at least 4 Houses, headed by Nikos from the House of Lothari and Aerlicht of Hruth, were initially opposed to Jenefra's ascension, using the excuse of Caein's actions and betrayal as unsuitability. The real reason for their opposition being that each of the two Lords harbored the ambition to take the throne for himself.

However, it was Lady Jenefra's staunchest allies, Amalthea of the House of Eithar, Kel of the House of Branoc and Trioan of House Sellus who overcame the other 4 opposing factions and convinced the remaining neutral 3 seats to support Jenefra's claim to the throne.

Each seat of the Council is traditionally passed down to the eldest born of the current Lord or Lady, making it a hereditary position. If a current Head has passed away without leaving any heirs to take over his/her seat, the closest kin found will be assessed and tested by the other nine Houses for suitability and ability before allowing the kin to join the Ruling Council.

During Jenefra's reign, the Ten Ruling Houses were as follows:

Amalthea - House Eithar.
Family crest - A glorious phoenix surrounded by flames.

Nikos - House Lothari.
Family crest - A white wolf enclosed in a triangle.

Aerlicht - House Hruth.
Family crest - A fearsome rearing horse, silhouetted against a burning tree.

Kel - House Branoc.
Family crest - A bear within a broken cage.

Trioan - House Sellus
Family crest - A sea serpent coiled around a spear.

Preya - House Arkaisa
Family crest - A graceful swan in the middle of a golden circle.

Quikos - House Essus
Family crest - A small weasel, baring its fangs against an unseen, bigger foe.

Rianon - House Sigil
Family crest - A hound baying at the flaming sun.

Strider - House Machlar
Family crest - A gargoyle looming ominously

Terylyn - House Cloriae
Family crest - An owl against a moonlit sky.

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #1 on: 02 December 2000, 11:13:00 »

Yeah, baby, that's what I like! Many thanx, Dalá'Valannía! Will be integrated this update!

First pictures of Linda already arrived, so be sure to check out the next update!

Many thanx also to Curgan for the entries he sent and which you will also view at the site next update...

Faugar also sent a picture for the drasil which I guess can be put directly on the site. But I'll post it here for discussion. Once again a fantastic work!

And finally: Don't forget that we're free to use Linda's work on the site... If any of you wants to use a picture of her: GRAB IT! She's stressed currently and her computer is taking his last breaths, so give her some time to appear on the Forum.

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Dala Valannia
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02 December 2000, 20:15:00 »

Oh. we can??? That's wonderful!! :D  If we can use her pics, please, please, please, this is a small list of what I'd would like to use.

1) Anïdae - Perfect for Ar’leiná!

2) Ynestra - Jenefra would be nice for this I think :D

3) Wolf - My Borias! I know he's supposed to be a dog but he has wolf blood mixed in him as well so he looks kinda like a Siberian Husky if they have huskies in Santharia....

4) Want - Okay, I know first all, Katya doesn't have wings and secondly the person in this pic is supposed to be a guy! But I love the long silver hair and despite Linda saying in her description that it's a he, he actually looks a lot like a she.... I'm hesitant to use this pic for Katya but the silver hair....! Gorgeous....! What do you think, Artimidor?

5) Garden - Another potential pic of Katya when she's older and Queen.

6) Natemne - I think this makes a great Queprur. The same icy, lonely beauty of a Goddess of Death :)

Okay, okay, I better stop now! I know, I'm horribly greedy....but I can't help it! It's like letting a kid loose in a candy store!! Artimidor, do we have to ask Linda directly for permission to use her artwork or can we go through you for it??

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #3 on: 03 December 2000, 03:20:00 »

First of all: Linda has to mail me the pictures without her signature, so I need to tell her what I'd like. Therefore just post your wishes at the Forum and we can discuss whether the pictures would be suitable for this or that.

Now to your list:

I fear the wolf picture is already taken - please check the relatives of your Borias - maybe he is not really a wolf. I used the wolf picture for Coór'Efér's story, Chapter II (the human hero with a wolf friend). We had a wolf there already but it was a photograph and it had a copyright too, so I guess the lovely wolf fits there perfecty.

[Note on Coór'Efér: Last message I got from him was that there was a problem with the employment at his steel foundry, so he had to look for a new job - so he has no time for Santharia currently. Probably they both will move back to England very soon, well, we just have to wait and see.]

I also already have the picture of Etherus ("Fire Walk with me") and the "Elea"/"Garden" picture.

As for the latter: As far as I can remember you proposed "Elea" for Jenefra (and I somehow already got accustomed to this idea), so I asked you about the description in order to put the picture up with it. Would it be ok to use the picture of Elea for Jenefra? As for Katya: Hasn't she white silvery hair? On the other hand I like "Secrets" very much - would also be a hot candidate for Jenefra - what do you think?

"Want" - hmmm... Maybe a bit far off... First the wings, second the padlock on his/her neck... I perhaps could ask Linda if it would be possible to remove these items. I guess it shouldn't be that complicated. Well, we'll see... The hair of course would be excellent for Katya!

Anïdae - yup, free for your disposal. If you can deliver a description - on the site it goes...

Queprur also sounds interesting. Maybe a bit too much icy... We'll see...

Any more people who want to grab pictures?

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Dala Valannia
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04 December 2000, 02:22:00 »

Damn it! Coór'Efér got the wolf! *L* Okay, never mind, Borias just has to wait until his full furry glory can be revealed :)  

I did initially proposed Elea for a pic of Jenefra but I saw of Ynestra and thought the hair color of Ynestra was much better suited for Jenefra who supposedly has honey-gold hair. Elea's beautiful too but the hair color seems a little greenish-purple but then, it's nighttime in the drawing so maybe that's why! Anyway, it's fine with me if Elea is the 'official' look for Jenefra, I love them both :D

The padlock and wings in 'Want' was something I thought whether we could remove but hesitant to ask because artists can sometimes be a little touchy on the alterations on their drawings *gulp* But if Linda doesn't mind, I don't see why 'Want' can't be Katya. The person in the pic maybe a guy but he's certainly pretty enough to pass for a girl, in fact, I keep having the mindset that he is a girl, I can't seem to think of her as a he! Again, the silver hair......!!!!! Makes me wanna go and dye my own locks that same color!

Actually, I'm thinking of writing some bios for Melor and Ar'leina soon for the Compendium so please do keep the drawing of Anïdae for me until then! *begs Artimidor!*

Icy beauty is good....can't imagine a Goddess of Death being cheery....Death should be noble, proud and untouchable but then what do I know, I'm only mortal ;)  

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #5 on: 04 December 2000, 03:44:00 »

Okeydokey. As I'm not having the picture of "Ynestra" currently here at the Santharian HQ, I will use "Elea" for Jenefra and order some more next week when Linda is back in town. Maybe you can think of some other hot candidate where it would fit. Of course it's pretty difficult to decide which one is the "most beautiful of the beautiful" - at least there are lots of beautiful women on Linda's pages, so there will be a lot of rivalry between the "most beautiful" women in the Santharian lands *grin*

And of course the drawing of Anïdae is reserved for you, Dalá'Valannía!

BTW: Here's a brand new one (still not finished) of Linda. It may especially interest you, Dalá'Valannía, as it mainly shows a fantastically drawn gown - have a look at:
geocities.com/enayla/helle.jpg

Dala Valannia
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05 December 2000, 01:29:00 »

Ooooooh!! I LOVE it!!! Can I reserve it first??? I'm sure I'll have a future character popping up that'll fit the drawing exactly!!! *jumps up and down in excitement!!*

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]

[15 March 2017, 02:17:52]

[14 March 2017, 20:23:43]

[06 February 2017, 04:53:35]

[31 January 2017, 08:45:52]

[15 December 2016, 15:50:49]

[26 November 2016, 23:16:38]

[27 October 2016, 07:42:01]

[27 September 2016, 18:51:05]

[11 September 2016, 23:17:33]

[11 September 2016, 23:15:27]

[11 September 2016, 22:58:56]

[03 September 2016, 22:22:23]
Members
Total Members: 1085
Latest: kmshltns01
Stats
Total Posts: 144683
Total Topics: 11053
Online Today: 77
Online Ever: 226
(06 November 2012, 05:38:23)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 74
Total: 74

Last 10 Shouts:
22 February 2019, 06:47:10
A delightful 2019 shout-out to you all ^^
21 November 2018, 23:39:14
Seems none of us can stay away ..
09 March 2018, 23:37:46
Dream goes on as long as there are dreamers my friend.
17 January 2018, 01:23:22
Oh, how I wish we could reawaken the Dream :)
16 January 2018, 11:55:48
Hello everyone!
14 September 2017, 09:40:04
Hello all! It's been a minute since I poked my nose in here. Can't remember if I ever did anything useful.
09 May 2017, 14:17:18
Ah, too bad that internet is so restricted in China, Ferra. Can't be much fun surfing the web that way if Big Brother's watching you... Hope you enjoy your stay nevertheless!
03 May 2017, 17:41:19
Hi, dear Arti and other developers!

This year I am in China and cannot use any Google services including YouTube. For this reason I stopped uploading new Nepris videos. I can also not read any comments there.

It just crossed my mind that this information might be useful to you.

Cheers

F
26 March 2017, 12:48:56
Hello to anyone that might read this. :)
22 December 2016, 02:38:16
Merry Christmas everyone!