Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Project info (Ancient elven kingdom)  (Read 1353 times)
Curgan
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 1

View Profile
« on: 16 December 2000, 19:45:00 »

I 'm planning a project but I 'd like to present it to the site before it's done, because it includes a variety of Santharian history places and eras.So, I 'd like to hear comments about it (if any.)
Well, after the fall of the ancient elven kingdom, some elves decided that the humans were those who could bring stability in the world, but in order to make sure they thought it would be best to experiment for a while with them. They formed a secret organization,the league, because another fraction (something like elven fanatics)opposed them. They found the worst human tribe, in this case the Helcrani, and monitored them throughout their history.
The elven "ethnicists" created problems for the Helcrani, but the League was always there for them. They sent the plague, but the league guided them to built Milkengrad. When Arpagar rose, they sent Queenezar. And when Milkengrad felt to the Red Alliance they gathered Cumrann and his few advisors, told them the story and used them in their struggle against the other cult.  
Santhros' son had no children and he decided to make his heir his nephew, but all of a sudden his wife gives birth to a son. However, the cousin had gained already too much power to give up the hope of ruling santharia. Santhros' son suddenly dies and his nephew takes over the throne because everybody is afraid to fight him. The rightful heir roams around santharia and everybody besides the stratanians and the Nyermersysians sent him away (the Helcrani too). His cousin pursuits him. They set siege upon him with a gigantic army, only the stratanians come to reinforce him and the elves of Goltherlon and Vontron. The Helcrani, still hating the Vontron elves because of the curse decide to march against Santhros' grandson. But when they are ready to start the campaign Cumrann's descentant comes and persuades them not to abandon their king twice as they did with Curgan.THe Helcrani decide to help their rightful king and march against the usurper. They find the two armies near Hecrah, where Santros' grandson was under pursuit, since he left nyermersys.
A battle takes place and the curse is fulfiled, with Hecra's explosion and victory for the King. The Helcrani make up with the Vontron elves and the Stratanians. Santharia's unification is ensured.

PS I know it's too brief and lots are left unexplained,but right now I seek comments on the general idea.

Daring over power, risking against prudent advise and hoping when in danger.

Thucidides
Koldar Mondrakken
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 18 December 2000, 08:33:00 »

Sounds very thoughtout to me, but is this only the 'Helcarni part' of the story we discussed or meant to replace it completely as Artmidor is fighting that hard for the elven cause?

*Throwing a tomatoe at a shadow silently stepping nearer, one hand already lifted to complain*
;)  (At least I suppose so)

Somewhat confusing is still would elves really observe anybody for a long period of time instead of just trying to talk with them?

Koldar, still hoping to write an epic story during breakfast

Curgan
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18 December 2000, 13:30:00 »

It's just the part concerning some elven survivors and ofcourse in close relation with the Helcrani. This will take place at the fullfilment of the Curse. I consider both organizations to be elven heresis'.
Ofcourse everything can change and ofcourse nothing will be writen that contradicts what us Santharians heve decided or discussed. A consensus is required IMHO in these matters. That's why I have posted these.
The elves observe because they want to be sure. Imagine what could happen if they were wrong and finaly give the control of the Sarvonian continent to a race of imoral, short lived egoists that are unable of doing something good.
Ofcourse I 'd like this theory of being proved right. This way placing elves under human control would somehow be justified.  

Thucidides
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #3 on: 18 December 2000, 14:57:00 »

Need to think a bit on it. Currently busy with the next update, e.g. integrating the first bestiary description of our brand new member T'olar;)

Will post tommorrow evening on this matter.

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #4 on: 19 December 2000, 12:46:00 »

Hmmm... Whole thing would be some sort of a secret organisation like discussed with Dar'Seideous, eh? In general the direction of the idea is a good one, but of course there are many questions open - too many maybe:

1.) Why would they think that humans could bring stability to the world? At least humans are Children of Water, which means: instability being their essence. However, they have the power to change this instability for the better, but they can also change it for the worse. There seems no obvious reason why they would chose humans. It would be more logical if they chose a certain elven tribe to watch.

2.) What would they gain by watching this experiment? Is there an outcome? Even if it succeeds - the elves would have monitored their progress, but: what else?

3.) You say: The league GUIDED the Helcrani. Well, this contradicts the idea of the experiment. If they interfere in the experiment this isn't an experiment anymore.

We definitely need more background on this.

The second part of your post, Curgan, concerning Santhros and the succession war seems to be a seperate story.

Hmmm... The story is good, and always interesting for some more drama, especially because it's for the first time true Santharian history.

But I don't know if it would make sense to let this story take place in the very first years after Santharia was united. At 200 the story of the Avaesthoría takes place, so this is no good time. As far as I know just before the year of 500 a.S. there is an upheaval of some sort concepted which results in the complete destruction of the town of Santhala. Santhala will then be rebuilt, resulting in New-Santhala. This incident also initiates the Golden Age of Kings.

Maybe we should consider to move these incidents to this time, nameing it the "Santharian Succession War"?

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Curgan
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 December 2000, 14:30:00 »

1. The humans are a water species. They reflect everything and blurr it like water. They have the power to fing good in evil and evil in good. The Dream can be reflected in their nature. Short life spans help them to be less arrogant and their insecurity makes them to actualy take care. Furthermore, humans have the ability to create new things, a power the elves don't have.
And now I remembered that the Helcrani have both elves and dwarves (air and earth) and after the Curse will have and some Orcs among them (still thinking of it..... Cooperation is the key as I see it.

2. They would be sure that they have made the right choise. Chaos is better than tyranny.

3. Guided does not imply direct guidance, just a few members of the league inside the fratra that influence in the background.
Guided in building Milkengrad means that they created such conditions that forced them to head north to the Centoraurians instead of their countrymen Kyranians (as the Helcrani are of Kyranian origin), and they were the ones who planted the trees of the elements. They interfered to save the Helcrani from the rage of the elven fanatics (as with Queenezar) and to save Santharia. They experimented with the Helcrani, but they helped someone *sane* and by far more stable than them to assume control over the Sarvonian continent.
And to conclude, in general all main decisions were made by human alone.

The main idea is that Santharia was to be destroyed by human egomaniacs on the making. This would take place in about 80aS. However if it still isn't a good time then we should find a suitable time. Perhaps around 500aS. However, according to the idea the curse will be fullfiled in a positive way thus being a deliverance for Tacunija's murder and a fulfilment of his dream of a united and peaceful Sarvonian continent.
Hope I answered all questions and didn't tire much the reader.

Thucidides
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]

[15 March 2017, 02:17:52]

[14 March 2017, 20:23:43]

[06 February 2017, 04:53:35]

[31 January 2017, 08:45:52]

[15 December 2016, 15:50:49]

[26 November 2016, 23:16:38]

[27 October 2016, 07:42:01]

[27 September 2016, 18:51:05]

[11 September 2016, 23:17:33]

[11 September 2016, 23:15:27]

[11 September 2016, 22:58:56]

[03 September 2016, 22:22:23]
Members
Total Members: 1085
Latest: kmshltns01
Stats
Total Posts: 144683
Total Topics: 11053
Online Today: 74
Online Ever: 226
(06 November 2012, 05:38:23)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 11
Total: 11

Last 10 Shouts:
22 February 2019, 06:47:10
A delightful 2019 shout-out to you all ^^
21 November 2018, 23:39:14
Seems none of us can stay away ..
09 March 2018, 23:37:46
Dream goes on as long as there are dreamers my friend.
17 January 2018, 01:23:22
Oh, how I wish we could reawaken the Dream :)
16 January 2018, 11:55:48
Hello everyone!
14 September 2017, 09:40:04
Hello all! It's been a minute since I poked my nose in here. Can't remember if I ever did anything useful.
09 May 2017, 14:17:18
Ah, too bad that internet is so restricted in China, Ferra. Can't be much fun surfing the web that way if Big Brother's watching you... Hope you enjoy your stay nevertheless!
03 May 2017, 17:41:19
Hi, dear Arti and other developers!

This year I am in China and cannot use any Google services including YouTube. For this reason I stopped uploading new Nepris videos. I can also not read any comments there.

It just crossed my mind that this information might be useful to you.

Cheers

F
26 March 2017, 12:48:56
Hello to anyone that might read this. :)
22 December 2016, 02:38:16
Merry Christmas everyone!