Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Scribes Board(writers forum)  (Read 7404 times)
GeneralThorongilKyreal

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« on: 08 January 2001, 17:19:00 »

This is my contribution to the forum, as well as saying in a loud voice "i am here!" I will be posting my writings here, tell me what you think and feel free to add your own!

Thorongil Kyreal, General, and scribe

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #1 on: 08 January 2001, 17:30:00 »

Ah, here he is, our newest member: Thorongil - hell, he's even a general as it seems, so be polite, guys *haha*

Okeydokey: Do I get you right? You suggest an own Scribes Board where all writings can be posted (Compendium entries, Bestiary descriptions etc.) Sounds a reasonable idea... What do you think?

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
GeneralThorongilKyreal

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 January 2001, 18:42:00 »

The cause of his existence is unknown. He just was. At the time of his coming one word blazed through the sky like the screeching of a thousand dying crows: "Nostrafus."
   He is a Giant among most, although against the sun he casts no shadow. His features are covered by a cloak of ash, and his sword is the tongue of death.To touch him is the sensation of being slowly roasted alive, as your skin and muscle withers from your bones. His soul feeds from pain and suffering.  He is the weilder of dark powers, and his name shall be written in blood among the annals of time.
   To embrace him as your lord and ruler is to live a life of great reward...your resistance shall result in your doom. He was sent to conquer... Join him or perish. He will consume all.

*Not as good as i'd like, but it's a start*

GeneralThorongilKyreal

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08 January 2001, 19:02:00 »

Sorry if it wasn't that great, but i HAD to have the first story in the topic i created

GeneralThorongilKyreal

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08 January 2001, 21:38:00 »

((tell me if it's a keeper or trash))

History of the Rinath

They appeared shortly after the War of the Chosen, rumored to be the failed weapon of a mad sorcerer.
Their history does not fall in with that of men or any other race for that matter, they prefer to be apart, so little is known about how they came into being.

They look similar to men, although they have amphibious features, such as scales and fins, as well as gills for surviving sustained amounts of time underwater. Tier cities villages and towns are all underground, in fact the only way in or out of them is through secret entrances through rivers swamps bogs and other such watercourses. Tier diets consist mainly of fish and vegetables, the growing of which is a secret which is kept by them only. At times they will come to the surface to hunt wild animals and feast upon them.  

Tier society is similar to that of bees or ants, they live in a somewhat hival community. Some are born to work as drones, usually trained as craftsmen, artisans, farmers, hunters, fisherman, etc., since the day they can walk. Others are taken from birth and raised as soldiers, their skills in archery, swordplay and warcraft unmatched  By any save perhaps the elves and a few humans. They do not often ride to war unless they themselves feel threatened, or there is a cause the queen feels worthy to fight.

To get into their cities without leave is death, but to be invited into one means that you are accepted into their culture. If their race is lacking(i.e. not enough of them) in an area, they will admit those who they deem fit into their society(humanoid of course, i.e., elves dwarves men, etc.) . That is all  know, but I am currently observing more of their culture, and will write more as i learn.

Edited by: Artimidor Federkiel at: 1/8/01 7:32:46 pm
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #5 on: 09 January 2001, 13:53:00 »

Hello again, Thorongil! Thanx for your ideas;)  

1) Nostrafus

Nice sketch for a start, however, I guess it would be a good idea to try to find a place for him somewhere in Santharian history, a place where he can/could be spotted and some sort of story, myth etc. If you can embed him more deeply in Santharia and elaborate a bit more we could add Nostrafus to the People section.

2) Rinath

Nice race too. Same questions here, although we learn a bit about their history already: But where do they live etc. What does the word "Rinath" mean? Concerning race creation you should also have a look at the races section and try to use this as a guide how to describe a race in detail (Appearance; Cosmological Origin; Mode of Living/Habits; Family, Society and Culture). Just try to find out more and collect as much information you can! The longer and more detailed, the better. Perhaps we can then finally convince one of our artists to draw a picture too etc. But such ar race would of course be a nice addition to the races section:)  

Little note on elves: Elves are skilled in archery, but not really in swordplay and warfare. Humans are - this is their nature. Elves are a very peace-loving race, even if they fought three major Sarvonian wars.

And now: Please observe some more, general! Nice to have you on board=)

Edited by: Artimidor Federkiel at: 1/8/01 7:54:37 pm

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
GeneralThorongilKyreal

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09 January 2001, 17:52:00 »

I can come up with a name and description of Nostrafus' Domain, all i need is someone to draw it on a map and a place to put it on the world of santharia.
Any suggestions?

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #7 on: 10 January 2001, 16:09:00 »

Well, where to put Nostrafus of course depends on the story/myth you'll attach to him. You can place him whereever you like, but I'd suggest to use some ancient time. You can then connect some piece of landscape to him e.g. a rock somewhere reminding the people of him - and it is still rumoured that Nostrafus becomes alive at night (or something similar to this). Just let your imagination rule...

GeneralThorongilKyreal

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10 January 2001, 18:48:00 »

He first appeared at the end of the The War of the Chosen, Summoned by a mad mage's thirst for conquest. He consumed the spirit of that poor creature.

Since, he has made himself known in the annals of history only as a shadow or a demon, preying upon the helpless. Newly recovered tomes uncovered in the ruin of an ancient human settlement,  show a picture of a giant shrowded figure destroying their home with touches of his hands.

The tomes also speak of the death of a mighty warrior named "Gallion the Bold," perhaps a king or chieftain of these people, at the hands of Nostrafus.

The inscription reads "As Gallion Strode forward to challenge this mighty and accursed foe, he drew his mighty sword amd charged the creature. (It) laughed and brought it's own weapon to parry the blow. Gallion's sword splintered into many pieces. The creature then took it's two mighty hands and lifted him high above (It's) head. Gallion's cry was heard all throughout the land, a desperate cry full of agony, (words missing from tome)  of a mortal shall be heard again. His body withered to dust. As our warriors fall asunder we see no hope. Our only choice is to succumb to (it's) will. We are now slaves to the black one."

He has moved in secret through the lands, although behind him lays a trail of sorrow and blood. Until recently, that is. Since the end of the war of the Chosen he has secretly began gathering followers, as he did to the writers of the tome. It is a cult calling themselves "The Children of Nostrafus" that meet  after the fall of night.

They have come from all walks of life and all races, and worship him as a god. There are few reported sightings of him, because to be an unbeliever or enemy of his followers is to most likely die. His followers are fanatics, and would throw themselves on their weapons than betray their master.

In recent times  statues or likenesses of him have been erected in most any kingdom of Santharia, as shrines, or warnings of his coming. Rumors are that he has his kingdom on an isle in the southern most sea of Santharia, which has recently been named the Sunless Sea, shrouded in a mist so black that it Chokes all light which passes through it, although those who have seen it and survived are mad from terror. Only those of "The Children" May enter without his leave.

Edited by: GeneralThorongilKyreal  at: 1/13/01 12:22:00 am
GeneralThorongilKyreal

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10 January 2001, 20:30:00 »

Given More info and help i can detail it with the histories of santharia, i will keep on editing it until i deem it fit enough(which will probably be never)

RhyshanLord

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 10 January 2001, 21:01:00 »

The dark slave of doom,
No master can hold
He is death without Tomb
He feeds on your soul
The Master of hate
he serves the shadows
Who brings about Death,
With power unknown

Edited by: RhyshanLord at: 1/10/01 3:06:28 am
GeneralThorongilKyreal

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 10 January 2001, 21:08:00 »

I like it, it's a good theme for my dark creation! mwa-ha-ha-h-a-ha.
sorry i get carried away sometimes

thank you Ryshan Lord

Greybark
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 1

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 11 January 2001, 02:54:00 »

Sounds a bit like Coor :)

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #13 on: 11 January 2001, 13:22:00 »

Who're you, RhyshanLord? Santharia is currently flodded with new members that I start losing track... Heeeeelp! *hehe*

RhyshanLord

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 11 January 2001, 16:12:00 »

I informed you of joining from TheBrownsSN@aol.com

Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]

[15 March 2017, 02:17:52]

[14 March 2017, 20:23:43]

[06 February 2017, 04:53:35]

[31 January 2017, 08:45:52]

[15 December 2016, 15:50:49]

[26 November 2016, 23:16:38]

[27 October 2016, 07:42:01]

[27 September 2016, 18:51:05]

[11 September 2016, 23:17:33]

[11 September 2016, 23:15:27]

[11 September 2016, 22:58:56]

[03 September 2016, 22:22:23]
Members
Total Members: 1093
Latest: sh4l0nda12
Stats
Total Posts: 144684
Total Topics: 11053
Online Today: 580
Online Ever: 580
(Today at 09:39:18)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 379
Total: 379

Last 10 Shouts:
24 October 2019, 13:31:22
Hi and happy 2019 shoutout from me.
22 February 2019, 06:47:10
A delightful 2019 shout-out to you all ^^
21 November 2018, 23:39:14
Seems none of us can stay away ..
09 March 2018, 23:37:46
Dream goes on as long as there are dreamers my friend.
17 January 2018, 01:23:22
Oh, how I wish we could reawaken the Dream :)
16 January 2018, 11:55:48
Hello everyone!
14 September 2017, 09:40:04
Hello all! It's been a minute since I poked my nose in here. Can't remember if I ever did anything useful.
09 May 2017, 14:17:18
Ah, too bad that internet is so restricted in China, Ferra. Can't be much fun surfing the web that way if Big Brother's watching you... Hope you enjoy your stay nevertheless!
03 May 2017, 17:41:19
Hi, dear Arti and other developers!

This year I am in China and cannot use any Google services including YouTube. For this reason I stopped uploading new Nepris videos. I can also not read any comments there.

It just crossed my mind that this information might be useful to you.

Cheers

F
26 March 2017, 12:48:56
Hello to anyone that might read this. :)