Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Weapon Collection  (Read 4476 times)
Koldar Mondrakken
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 1

View Profile
« on: 17 November 2001, 04:01:00 »

Eventually I'll fill up this one with some 3D work soon. Don't know, when the time allows! So currently never! ;)

The Erpheronian broadsword:
A broad blade, somewhat longer than the typical shortsword (50-70 cm) often used by the Erpheronian infantry. The handle is usually made of wood and leather strips for better hold.

Modell nearly ready.

The Centoraurian shortsword:
A blade of about 50 cm length. It's formed like a rectangel with one edge being the sharpened tip, the other forming a connection to the handle similar to spears and lances. Good in close combat and against armored knights because of the very sharp and thin form.

The Centaurian Cavalary sabre:
A long blade. Even slightly longer than a longdword. One side is not sharpened and straight for more stability. The other side draws a bow inward and then outwards again and is sharpened. The tip of the blade is a bulky head with one sharp side to slash and is used to slash the enemy. The rest of blade is used for dodging.
Have to check if this design can look more practical than what I've already.

Helcrani dodger:
A dagger with a far wider blade, about 30 cm long.
It has two handles instead of one, one like a normal one, one vertical to the blade and handle. As the name says this weapon is mainly used as secondary weapon to dodge. You'll encounter it in sword duels and similar but hardly on the battlefield.

Some more...

The Eyelians should have the standard longsword, the Kyranians a variant of it and one of the other tribes(who mainly have infantry) some bigger two-handswords and/or axes.

Koldar Mondrakken, Knight of the Moonlight

Capher
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 5

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 17 November 2001, 09:53:00 »

Koldar I created an axe called the "Sengren" I think that is how I spelled it. It is for the Kyranians. The description is in the Kyranian tribe entry.

With deepest regards,Capher

Edited by: Capher at: 11/16/01 4:00:59 pm

I live to but to serve my Goddess Seyella and Talon Hawke; son, heir and Wizard of the White Tower-defender of the lands and peoples of Caelereth!
Uragel

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17 November 2001, 10:02:00 »

Should I add the Scourge? Since it's a weapon that Uragel used a fair bit? [whip with many tales and metal tips] Or not? Although having just said that, is this the right spot for this? :lol  

Uragel!
Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the men of old; seek what they sought.

Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 365

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #3 on: 18 November 2001, 04:27:00 »

A few more sharp pointy things, although not all weapons...

ARHK (pronounced 'arc')

A crescent blade with a handle at its centre (two spurs coming up from the inside, blunt curve, joined by a wooden handle)  This is primarily a hunter's or slaughterer's tool - useful for separating hide from flesh, scraping the skin, suppling leather, or flensing.  Country women have also found it a useful chopping tool.  It can be used as a drawknife with the flat of the blade dragged towards the user, or as a slicing implement.  Here's a teenytiny picture of the arhk on its side:      (=|      See what I mean?  

EYA-HOE

A clover-shaped metal hoe with a short (arm-length) handle.  Used mostly for  breaking up small patches of rough soil.  The name evidently comes from the tri-bladed shape of the blade, which resembles Eyasha’s herb symbol.  Mostly used in farm country on already plowed land, as the rounded blades do not cut through grassroots well.

TOOTH-HOE

An extended triangle forms the tip of this weeding hoe.  Attached to a metal gooseneck which then shafts into the long handle, this hoe is the most common farming hand  implement, next to the farm ax.  A good hoe is usually matched to its user’s height at the shoulder, say the experts.

FARM AX

The workhorse of the farmer, woodsman, and builder, this broadbladed ax is singlesided.  The blunt end is about the size of a human’s clenched fist, and can be used as a maul.  The sharp side is wedgeshaped in cross-section, and from one to two handspans long.  The handle is often curved slightly for comfort and better leverage when swinging.  

T’WEEP

A nasty little weapon designed for concealment.  Its blade is a small equilateral triangle with the flat handle fitting in the centre of one side.  A small black sheath, often Scyshark skin, is the invariable accompaniment.  It can be hidden in the small of the back, under medium-length hair, along the flat of a large muscle group (inner upper arm, inside thigh, outside calf) or even in the palm of the hand, with some care.  Used by assassins or as a hold-out weapon by mercenaries.

JARGA (HALBERD)

Polearm weapon.  Carried by city guards for its usefulness and flexibility.  The Jarga is long enough to lean on but short enough to sheath on the back.   At one end is set a small spike and blunt chopping edge which is designed to stun and bruise rather than cut.  The other end is shod with brass.  The pole is made in two parts, the centre unscrewing.  Some are made with a small hollow section useful for storing the odd bit of pipeweed, small vial of brandy, or other medicinal ingredient that a soldier might happen to need.    This twopart structure is useful for storage; the weapon can also be used in two parts as an axe and shortstick combination.

Oh, Arti's gonna hate me!  More stuff for his "TO POST" list...

Bard Judith

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf /  a land of trees that stand; / where trees are fallen there is grief; /  I love no leafless land."   --A.E. Housman

Xenos Ravenbeack

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18 November 2001, 12:06:00 »

mayby arti should hire an assistant...

Steelurchin:
R'unorian short-medium ranged thrown weapon, these weapons consist of a small metal, stone, wood, or ceramic ball, normaly between 3 and 5 centipeds/centimeters in diamiter. sproting from the ball is a set of either 4, 5, or 6 spines, each is between 6 and 7 centipeds/meters long and usualy barbed and tipped with varios venoms. the battern of placement of the spines is either all in line with one another like spokes on a wheel or covering the ball evenly along all axisis(4 and 5 spined are almost always lined up in "wheel" form while most, but not all, 6 spined Steelurchins are set in a sphere pattern.) they are popular amoung mercenaries and assains aswell as standard eqiuoment for all r'unorian military personel.

Sealtooth:

A R'unorian medium range thrown weapon, they consist of a single metal dart lined with backward facing bladed spines, they are usualy aproximatly the size of a human forefinger and glazed with varios sorts of venom. THey fly ina  straight fast pattern with great flesh and armor piercing qualities and are a favored tool for assasins both inside and outside of the R'unorian sphere of influence.

Moondeath:

a R'unorian medium range thrown weapon,thrown weapon they consist of a metal ring... aproximatly 10 or so cp in diamiter whos outer edge is sharpened finer than a razor and are often given grusome claw like serrations, one or two cross peices, normaly eithe wood or metal, cross the center of the ring and prvide a safe place to grip the disk when throwing or carrying it. Moondeaths are useualy crafted in such a manner as that they do not fly straight but in a circular fasion, some if not imbeding into some poor chaps skull(or a wall) will return within catching distance of there thrower. they are a common tool of more eliet assasin and mercinary organizations aswell as the higher tiers of R'unorian military rank.

Striker:

R'unorian close combat warclub, these weapons consist of a round heavey-wooden rod, usualy4 centipeds in diamiter with leather wraped around its grip for easy handeling and a metal ring set at its lower end so it can be hung on a belt hook when not in use, the rod is usuealy around a ped long and the grip takes up the first 1 thrid of this, the remaning two thrids ,used for the actulay striking, is eqiped with three lines running from grip to its end, of flatended connical metal nubs. this weapon is most often used as a defensive close combat weapon by the r'unorian military.

R'unorian commoners dagger:

A long thin dagger, often carried in pairs used for both assasinatrions, defence and close combat. They are commonly worn by all members of R'unorian socity along with varrities of short thinbalded knives. this varity consists of a hard steel blade stained a non refelctive black and a leather wraped handel, also non refelctive black.

Touch of Death:

A rare assasins weapon of R'unorian orgin consisting of what apears to be a fine elbow lenth glove, however inside the glove is hidden a sping loaded blade that extens from the wrist when the wearer thists her hand back to a 90 degree angle with the forearm, the blade is razor fine aproximatly the lenth of the human hand. backward facing barbds line its sides and once hooked into the victems flesh the weilder simply puls there hand away and the blade slides from its mehcnaism, leaving little inciminating evidence with its wielder.

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #5 on: 20 November 2001, 16:27:00 »

Okeydokey... Collecting, collecting, collecting...

To Uragel: Feel free to add own weapons, just describe them properly:)  

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Uragel

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 20 November 2001, 17:25:00 »

OK - will do. I'll get back to you on them then :D  

Uragel!
Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the men of old; seek what they sought.

Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 365

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #7 on: 21 November 2001, 09:21:00 »

Now, everybody notice that last line of Art's last post here?

"...just describe them properly."...

Well, we all know what that means. DETAIL - and ORGANIZATION!  Guess I need to rework my last weapon postings (hangs head in shame).  Lemme try again:

-----------------New Entry for Weapons--------------

NAME:  Bludgehammer (AKA Blodger, Blugger, Bludmaul)
DESCRIPTION:  The head of this aggressive tool is large and oblong.  Its muzzle runs to a rounded point.  It stands about three handspans high, brown and grey colouration.  Generally shaped like the letter T or the dwarven rune "J".
HABITAT:  Almost exclusively found underground.  Rarely spotted in the light.  Blodgers prefer to live in a symbiotic relationship with Thergerim forgers and armoursmiths.  Prefer clean dry places and often observed hanging by their necks from small brackets in cavern walls.
LIFESPAN:  Their lifespan is often several generations, as they are handed down to other smiths in the same Thergerim family.  They may appear somewhat greyer and pitting often appears around the muzzle of the Bludgehammer after a hundred years or so.  Death usually occurs of a broken neck.
MATING RITUALS:  Unclear.  Somehow associated with the Dwarven symbiote, who aids them in reproduction.  
DIET:  Limited.  Require a small amount of naturally occuring oils, which are absorbed through the Blodger's surface.  It appears to excrete a small quantity of a reddish, dry, flaky substance which humans know as 'rust'.
LEGENDS:  It is said that TolBarol (Urtengor) posessed a giant Bludgehammer which was his constant companion.  Together they roamed the skies in search of adventure.  TolBarol would toss the Blodger to knock down stars that were not polished enough, and then race to catch them.  Since we often see falling stars on clear nights, the Dwarves claim that TolBarol is out 'getting his exercise'.  The hammer has a name, but it appears to be associated with Dwarven religious practises and is kept a devout secret.  

(glances anxiously at Artimidor's stern bearded countenance)

Is that better, oh mighty Loremaster?  

Innocent look from the Bard

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf /  a land of trees that stand; / where trees are fallen there is grief; /  I love no leafless land."   --A.E. Housman

Capher
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 5

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 21 November 2001, 10:48:00 »

:lol  I like that innocent look. Bard I do like the description. Your humor is right on the money.

With deepest regards,Capher

I live to but to serve my Goddess Seyella and Talon Hawke; son, heir and Wizard of the White Tower-defender of the lands and peoples of Caelereth!
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #9 on: 21 November 2001, 15:25:00 »

:lol  Oh, Judith, Judith! You're truly an original... *hehe* Nobody can do this better than you can:)

But it poses the question if we should set up some requirement rules for weapons and/or artifacts descriptions as well, but maybe we should negelect the "Mating"- part... :lol  

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Xarl
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 21 November 2001, 20:15:00 »

HTML Comments are not allowed

Winlok
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 26 November 2001, 18:01:00 »

Art I saw your update on weapons.
www.santharia.com/compendium/weapons.htm .

My question is how do we add to it, do we save up many entries so you can do it at once. (EMO) Or do you update it everytime you get an entry. (Not A Good MO)

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #12 on: 27 November 2001, 16:37:00 »

Well, if you have some more, just post them all in one thread and I'll collect them and add them to the entry.

Uragel

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 30 November 2001, 08:06:00 »

If you follow the link above and put your curser over the "H" in Eya-Hoe you get taken to "The Wild Rose" - an interesting read ;)

Learning more and more about plants and weapons by the day :)  

Uragel!
And then do what the women did.

john silvercyst

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 30 November 2001, 12:34:00 »

I didn't think weapons mated, but hey, what do I know?

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]