Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Iteh, Kaierian Training  (Read 5347 times)
Uragel

Gained Aura: 1

View Profile
« on: 16 December 2002, 07:02:00 »

Iteh

Overview

Often compared with the human Gymnastics, Iteh is physical exercises designed to develop and display strength, balance, and agility, especially those performed on or with specialized apparatus. There are, as with almost everything in life various levels and techniques within Iteh. They are taught as the student is ready to learn. All tethinrhim are required to learn basic Iteh as it deals a lot with basic defensive and attacking maneuvers. While Kaierian warriors rely heavily on their Iteh training.

Description
It is a very graceful set of movements which teaches the student discipline at the same time as how to use your body with out the need of a weapon. Along with physical defensive and attacking moves, detailed knowledge of the body is taught. Allowing the student to discover their opponents weakness by looking at anothers general movements, while at the same time hiding their own.

Usages
Each and every Tethinrhim child is taught Iteh, it is general knowledge to them. Kaierian warriors use it as a form of defense and the knowledge that they obtain over the bodies way of working.

History
While it isn't known who created it exactally, it has been passed down from generation to generation with each Elfs knowledge and experience along with it. The teachers of the Iteh are Kaierian warriors who want to teach, are unable to go out due to injuries, pregnant females, or those who are just in the area awaiting their next assignment.

Its rumoured that Iteh became a common place when the humans, Avennorians in particular started to move closer to the Auturian woods and started to claim the woods as their own. Although the highly trained Kaierian Warriors were there to protect their fellow elves, however it was discusses by the Ava'Rann and the head Karierian Warrior of the time, that if they were to have basic skills, the need for Karierian Warriors to be there all the time would be reduced, and there for they would be able to spread more Warriors out along the out side protecting a greater amount of land, leaving three Karierian Warriors in each elven settlement to command then should the need arise. The plan worked so well, that the common Tethinrhim were made to train in Iteh, and ever since then its been perfected, and taught to the tribe as a way of life.

added more on history, finding it more tedious than anything to look up info on the styles - death in the family making it worse :|  I'll keep chugging though  

Edited by: Uragel at: 1/14/03 2:16:19 am
Fox
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 48

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 16 December 2002, 07:06:00 »

Yay! Uri back... sorta... :

Hmm... maybe describe the moves it uses... the various levels, like you did with the Kaierian Warrior entry. Maybe describe how it is taught, what is done in the classes to learn it, how much practice is enforced, etc. For history, maybe expand on how it came to be what it is now... how it developed from a simple style to a tribe-wide physical exercise....

*shrugs*

Santharia's General Commenter and Magic Dude. Contact at dasson@santharia.com
The Santharian Dream - Create the Dream. Live the Dream.

Edited by: Dasson at: 12/15/02 1:07:10 pm
Uragel

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 December 2002, 07:09:00 »

thats what i was lookin for - thanks :)

ok I'll work on it

Edited by: Uragel at: 12/15/02 1:13:18 pm
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #3 on: 17 December 2002, 06:57:00 »

Where's a rope - or better - a chain so that we can tie Uragel somewhere? Quick, quick!!

Hey, you're planning to do more world development, Uragel, or is this just your one-time appearance every 10 months? :D  

The Santharian Dream Webmaster - Let Fantasy Dreams come true!
World Development Admin - The Forum where Worlds are born...

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Fox
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17 December 2002, 20:41:00 »

*looks for a rope*

*can't find rope*

I think there are some chains in the dungeon... but they're connected to the walls and floors.... :

;)

Winlok
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18 December 2002, 00:40:00 »

Get some slaves with a strong back and a week mind, and rip them off.

(Wonders if Xarl knows any spells for melting iron?)

Fox
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 18 December 2002, 02:15:00 »

Get some slaves with a strong back and a week mind, and rip them off.

In other words, find some of Xarl's diegos! ;)

Viresse
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 18 December 2002, 02:27:00 »

Or demon ducks.
They look cuter, but don't listen so well.
*desires henchmen*

*pokey de Viresse at viresse@santharia.com* - character descriptions moderator
The Santharian Dream - Home sweet Home...

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #8 on: 18 December 2002, 15:01:00 »

Oh, seems we've forgotten about commenting as we were to busy find ropes or chains. Simply solution: Drag Uri to the dungeon - there are a lot of chains there - and lock here up:D

Well, where were we? Ah... Entry commenting.

Looks quite ok so far, though it could be fleshed out a bit more. Maybe you can be more precise about the exercisings, the levels one has to go through in order to turn into a master and so on. At the moment it is a bit general, so more details are always appreciated;)

We've also discussed about this picture of Faugar which would be suitable for a Kaierian warrior perhaps:

If you want it and would be willing to expand the Tethinrhim entry further (and it fits for you), we could add it there. If not, Viresse and Wren sure have a use for it;)  So just let us know!

The Santharian Dream Webmaster - Let Fantasy Dreams come true!
World Development Admin - The Forum where Worlds are born...

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Fox
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 18 December 2002, 18:27:00 »

Arti, already told her 'bout the pic, though she thought that Viresse had nabbed it already?

Rayne (Alýr)
Dreamress
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 117

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 20 December 2002, 01:07:00 »

Nice entry, Uri, though I agree with Dasson on expanding it. I suggest that you visit martial arts sites and just get a feel as to what kind of moves they do and maybe use some of that knowledge coupled with your fantastic creativity to come up with some basic manuevers and the difficulty of each manuever.

It seems like a lot of dances and relaxation excersises might spring out of such an entry. Maybe temple priests took it up and did the manuevers more slowly to help calm themselves and find some sort of inner peace, sort of like Tai-chi. Maybe dancers have borrowed from it to make creative, culterally appealing performances.

Oh, the possibilities..!

"There is much misjudgment in the world. Now, I knew you for a unicorn when I first saw you, and I know that I am your friend. Yet you take me for a clown, or a clod, or a betrayer, and so I must be if you see me so. The magic on you is only magic and will vanish as soon as you are free, but the enchantment of error that you put on me I must wear forever in your eyes. We are not always what we seem..." -Schmendrick the Magician, The Last Unicorn
Uragel

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 23 December 2002, 02:17:00 »

<looks around nervously as people start coming towards her with roaps and chains> erm.. :)  

I plan on slowly working on things... This is my next project..

While the image is beautiful, I have no immediate usage for her at the moment, I'm sure there will be another master work done by some one that I can use if / when inspiration hits me to do a person. I've also got soul-blade on the go as well...

so that image can be given to either Wren or Vir'..

I hadn't thought about looking at those places, so thanks for the tips.. It also brings to ming Ti'Chi so I'll do some more research and come back with more - Might take a little time

Yeah i know I've been away for a while - but I'm semi-active at the moment... so dont wipe me! >.<'

Fox
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 23 December 2002, 02:25:00 »

That's 'Tai Chi', Uri.

And if you have any martial arts questions, ask me. :)  I've trained in 5 different styles. ;)

Uragel

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 05 January 2003, 02:44:00 »

lol thanks, just posting to say that I'm still working on it - well I'll be able to now that family have all gone home and heres hoping that I can find for the info.... :D  

Tolar Jharn

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 14 January 2003, 14:33:00 »

How about Bagua and Hsing-yi,  Tai-Chi's Sister and Little brother.

Bagua is an incredible Martial Arts, that specializes in fighting more than one opponent.

Hsing-Yi is another secondary art that used to be the primary fighting style of many bodyguards in china not too long ago.  

T"OLAR J"HARN

jharn@softhome.net

Love What you do!!!
 The sooner you do, The better it gets.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]