Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Nagarita(Completed)  (Read 4946 times)
DarkMorpher

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« on: 20 August 2003, 18:06:00 »

Nagarita

Description
This weapon is a melee weapon that often ranges in sizes and weights depending on the user.  It consists of a long shaft made from many different materials, from any kind of sturdy wood, to any metals, and many more materials throughout the world of Caelrath.  It is mostly one sided, but is rarely seen double sided.  The blade on the end(s) of the staff, is pretty much a Falchion, it can be farely thin, and it is sometimes liked thick also.  If the user only apllies it one sided, usually some sort of weight is placed on the opposite side of the blade to make the weight pretty equal, usually it is made of the same material as the blade, just into a cap or ball, it can also be used as a weapon to bash with.  Other than those basic concepts, this weapon is pretty much designed to the users preferences.

Usage
This weapon really has no true users.  It isn't preffered most in any tribes or clans, and can be designed to any race be it a Human or a Brownie.  The user usually finds about this weapon through someone traveling through there home and they just decide to train themselves with it, or they just come up with it in there head, thinking they made it up, but really it is used in other places.  It is used seldomly around all of Caelrath, and usually its users are either thrown from their homes, or just wander away from there homes because of this weapon usually causes them to stray from tradition.

Fighting Style
This weapon is mostly used exactly like a bo staff, with medium sized blades on each end.  It is very dangerous to train with this weapon at first, unless you are particularly carefull, but a master in its use can utilize both the blade and the center piece.  This weapon has been altered in many different ways over the years, as each person takes it in as their own weapon, they usually alter it to their liking, some have even shrunk it up, and made the center connected by 2 chains, making them Nagarita-chucks...

Origin/History
This weapon wasn't really designed by any single person or tribe.  A small town wanderer just picked up a staff many years ago, fastened a Falcion to on tip and decided to use it has his weapon of choice.  He traveled around, brining it to few more people, who then showed it to more, and eventually, it became the little used weapon today.

Edited by: DarkMorpher at: 8/20/03 18:07
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #1 on: 22 August 2003, 11:53:00 »

Hmmm... What exactly is the difference to a standard falchion?

Some typos/misspellings are also in this entry, e.g. the world is called "Caelereth";)  Also this sounds a bit, well, weird...: "The user usually finds about this weapon through someone traveling through there home and they just decide to train themselves with it, or they just come up with it in there head, thinking they made it up, but really it is used in other places." Uhmm... Quite strange...

The Santharian Dream Webmaster - Let Fantasy Dreams come true!
World Development Admin - The Forum where Worlds are born...

Edited by: Artimidor Federkiel at: 8/21/03 19:56

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
DarkMorpher

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22 August 2003, 13:04:00 »

The difference, well its more of a polerarm type thing.  Like it says its pretty much a long staff with a falchion built in.  Ill see what I can do to find a picture of one, that or ill just draw the basic concept and see if I can scan it on to my computer...

Also Ill fix that stuff.

DarkMorpher

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22 August 2003, 12:39:00 »

a.domaindlx.com/darkmorpher/Nagarita.JPG

Heres a little sketch that I did in like 2 seconds(It's crappy yes but gives you a basic concept)

Edited by: DarkMorpher at: 8/21/03 20:40
Coren FrozenZephyr
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 157

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 22 August 2003, 13:51:00 »

Well quickly read through it, expect some more comments tomorrow...

but one question: what do you mean by "This weapon really has no true users." ? Maybe not races and tribes but what about individuals? Thieves send to use daggers as they do not have the muscled built of the warrior thus have to move with stealth. maybe give some more info on what kind of powers and skills one must posess in order to become a true master of the nagataria?

anyway, just some thoughts

"Everything should be as simple as possible and not simpler." Albert Einstein

"Is he allowed to do that?"
"I think that comes under the rule of Quia Ego Sic Dico."
"Yes, what does that mean?"
"'Because I say so', I think."
"That doesn't sound like much of a rule!"
"Actually, it's the only one he needs." (Making Money by Terry Pratchett)
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #5 on: 22 August 2003, 15:00:00 »

Uhmmm... Reducing the picture size by at least by factor 10 would help;)  

The Santharian Dream Webmaster - Let Fantasy Dreams come true!
World Development Admin - The Forum where Worlds are born...

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Arancaytar Ilyaran

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #6 on: 22 August 2003, 14:06:00 »

I find that text is a little brief for an entry, couldn't you consider adding a bit more detail in some places?;)  

By the way, that pic was so huge that it froze my computer for a solid 5 minutes while loading it. It's a JPG file and over 1 MB big, it must cover several square miles!:eek  

Edit: LOL, loading that pic took so long that Arti got his comment in first.:p  

Arancaytar Ilyaran

"When you start quoting yourself, it's a sure sign of senility" Arancaytar Ilyaran

Edited by: Arancaytar Ilyaran at: 8/21/03 22:08
DarkMorpher

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 22 August 2003, 15:38:00 »

lol, thats funny, it takes me all of 2 seconds to load and its about 4 by 6 inches in size.  I dont know how to shrink it though, im not very skilled in the computer technology field.  I just know how to type, post, and maybe some basic HTML like bold and stuff.  Other than that computers are just a way to play games for me lol.

Arancaytar Ilyaran

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #8 on: 22 August 2003, 23:27:00 »

So let me guess, you drew it on paper and scanned it in at a really high resolution to improve the quality, did you?;)  It makes the picture a huge size on screen. I did this too when I first scanned pictures.:p  

Arancaytar Ilyaran

"When you start quoting yourself, it's a sure sign of senility" Arancaytar Ilyaran

Coren FrozenZephyr
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 22 August 2003, 23:47:00 »

*tries not to sound too obvious*

so there are other ways?

*hopes no one noticed that he does not know any other*

DarkMorpher

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 23 August 2003, 00:57:00 »

Lol, I just pretty much scetched it, scanned it, got it hosted and posted the link...  I actually had trouble scanning it in all reality...

Mina
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 63

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 23 August 2003, 05:29:00 »

Looks just like this Chinese weapon to me.  As far as I know, it's called a 'da dao' meaning large sabre, although it's used more like a staff than a sabre.  

Images can be shrunk in Photoshop.  Actually, that's the only way I know of.  Very useful for making forum avatars and such.  

Coren FrozenZephyr
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 23 August 2003, 05:46:00 »

*eyes brighten*

and where does one get photoshop?

DarkMorpher

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 23 August 2003, 11:14:00 »

Yeah, thats pretty much it.  Yet as far as I know there are many variations of it and one is really called the Nagarita or somthing like that, the blade is a little skinnier, but I guess instead of making a bunch of different of the same weapon, we should just make one and have the size able to be altered...

Mina
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 63

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 23 August 2003, 12:08:00 »

You're probably referring to the naginata.  I don't know much about it though; I'm more familiar with Chinese weapons.  

From your entry, it seems that your intention is that the weapon varies from user to user as each is custom-built, so I think having no difinite size makes sense.  

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]