Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Can I make a suggestion?  (Read 5757 times)
Wren
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 9

View Profile
« on: 28 June 2002, 10:37:00 »

Err....Peeps making plants and beasties. How about doing your poor elfy a favour? Try going through Place entries....very often I describe plants and animals in the flora and fauna section that I don't get time to describe myself. If anyone fancies a project this may be a good place to start.

Contact The Elfy Secretary and Santharia's People Person
The Santharian Dream - Where fantasy dreams come true

Uragel

Gained Aura: 1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 29 June 2002, 08:41:00 »

Would it be possible to get a list of the plants names and maybe a brief on them...? I'll give them a go...?

~   ürÄGëL   ~
 ~ Character Description |   World of Klintorth

Complex and yet simple, kind and loving, a hint of humour
 with a dazzeling amount of charm. - That's ME!

- Me

Wren
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 9

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03 July 2002, 04:25:00 »

*Cheers*

Wow I get a herbarium mod working on my plants! How cool.

Sure thing, but it'll probably be over the weekend now...Graduation time looms.

*prepares everyone for piccies of Wren in a silly hat*

Contact The Elfy Secretary and Santharia's People Person
The Santharian Dream - Where fantasy dreams come true

Rayne (Alýr)
Dreamress
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 117

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 July 2002, 05:49:00 »

Yay! Yay! Wren-in-silly-hat! Yay! Yay!

o.o; I have a lot of little projects myself, but I'd be happy to help out, too. At the moment, though, Talia's got me working on cats. ^_^ Yay! Kitties!

Yay! Look! A fly! Yay! And four empty frappaccino bottles! Yay! Yay!

...Ripples in the Dream Pool...

"There is much misjudgment in the world. Now, I knew you for a unicorn when I first saw you, and I know that I am your friend. Yet you take me for a clown, or a clod, or a betrayer, and so I must be if you see me so. The magic on you is only magic and will vanish as soon as you are free, but the enchantment of error that you put on me I must wear forever in your eyes. We are not always what we seem..." -Schmendrick the Magician, The Last Unicorn
Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 365

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #4 on: 03 July 2002, 06:36:00 »

(Bard enters the room, moving very slowly and cautiously.  She keeps her voice low and soothing....)

Hello, Rayne.  Isn't it a nice night?  My, look at all those frappachino bottles.  Is that another one you are holding?  Could I look at it?  Oh, thank you!  What an interesting label...ooops, clumsy me!  I'm sure your spider plant needed watering anyhow...

Now why don't you just sit down on the couch for a second....that's good....

(removes a aurium pendulum from her pocket and holds it up in front of Rayne's wildly whirling eyes...)

Look at the beautiful shiny pendant.  It is moving.  Follow the pendant with your eyes.   You are getting sleepy....verrrrrrry sleeeeepy..... goooood!  Very good.....

(gently pushes Rayne down on the sofa cushions and stands up, putting the pendulum away...)

OK, girls, I think it's safe to come in now...   Wren, Dala, nice to see you....Talia, what a lovely scarf.... Ooooh, who brought the Kao/Doch Cookies?   Make sure you save some for Rayne when she wakes up tomorrow.   Poor dear, she's been working so hard lately - so many nice new animals..... she needs her rest.   Have another cookie, do, Dala....

(fade out on sounds of happy tea party and Rayne's gentle snoring...)

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf /  a land of trees that stand; / where trees are fallen there is grief; /  I love no leafless land."   --A.E. Housman

Rayne (Alýr)
Dreamress
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03 July 2002, 07:01:00 »

Zzzzzz..... Frappacc... Zzzz... I wan pooonny... zzzzzzzZorro! ::shifts in her sleep.:: Must... make... 'nother... aminal... zzzz... ::snorts::

"There is much misjudgment in the world. Now, I knew you for a unicorn when I first saw you, and I know that I am your friend. Yet you take me for a clown, or a clod, or a betrayer, and so I must be if you see me so. The magic on you is only magic and will vanish as soon as you are free, but the enchantment of error that you put on me I must wear forever in your eyes. We are not always what we seem..." -Schmendrick the Magician, The Last Unicorn
Rayne (Alýr)
Dreamress
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03 July 2002, 08:38:00 »

(BTW: Made a little list)

Needing entries:
Ellez’ga (Narfost)
Bejón’efér (Zeiphyrhian)
Drail grass (Boulder)
Wolf willow (Een Puvtyr)
Glowglobes (Een Puvtyr)
Mithanjor (Een Puvtyr)

General:
Small rodents: rabbits, hares, etc.
Amphibians: Frogs, newts, etc.
Fish: What more can I say?
Whale: You know what a whale is. There’s a place named after it.
Reptiles: Lizards, snakes
Deer/sheep/Things low on the food chain
Grasses

Xarl
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 1

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03 July 2002, 08:44:00 »

We have whales, a couple of fish, sheepies, cowies, and the other, rarer foodbeast the Tsor-Shota. Other than that... good, good. Nice to have ambitions, and not leave unfinished projects all over the place...

Xarl Bluestride, Archmage of the White Tower, Master of the Magic Forum, Teacher of RP Sorcery and generally cool guy. All requests are to be written on the back of a ten-dollar bill (or equivelant thereof) placed on a dead ferret, and tossed in the sewer system.
Xarl Bluestride
Owner of the longest pure text sig in Santharia
And it's still growing....
For the non-ferreted... - Master of All Things Magical
The Santharian Dream - Where fantasy dreams come true... particularly mine!

Rayne (Alýr)
Dreamress
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 03 July 2002, 08:46:00 »

::thinks some might agree that we need more sheeps and fish and such.::

Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #9 on: 03 July 2002, 10:09:00 »

Oh, good work, Rayne!  Was thinking about doing something similar but hadn't had time yet...

Wait a minute!  At least three of those unfinished entries are mine!  And you didn't even find the Burrow Bachik, the Ger-Ger, the Chagga Oranges, and the goats!

(gives Rayne a dirty look...)

What are you doing up?  Go back to sleep!

(has another cookie as soon as Rayne's eyes are closed and resolves to make her a nice pony in the morning....)

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf /  a land of trees that stand; / where trees are fallen there is grief; /  I love no leafless land."   --A.E. Housman

Rayne (Alýr)
Dreamress
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 03 July 2002, 17:42:00 »

::is only one small little person.:: But I couldn't find them in the... Zzzz..

Rayne (Alýr)
Dreamress
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 05 July 2002, 00:50:00 »

Mistress Judith, can you give information on the following? I think ey're yours. You know, just what they are and where they're found and what they look like or resemble. It's be helpful. I'd like to write up about some of these, but I'm not really sure what they are.: Wolf willow, Glowglobes, Mithanjor, Burrow Bachik, Ger Ger (cactus?), Chagga Oranges, and the goats (uh... names?).

Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #12 on: 05 July 2002, 08:28:00 »

Oh, you sweetie!  That's basically my TO-DO list which I was planning to neglect for the next little bit while I wrote MUD stuff for Artie and Gothballoon...

I would love some help with it, as long as I can keep sticking my two san's worth in....  Let me list the ones I need to do because I already have extensive info or ideas, and also the ones I would appreciate a hand with.

Wolf willow  - was in old Herbarium entries.  I'll take care of it.
Glowglobes - I answered this in another thread.  Will look up.
Mithanjor - type of prolific, large silver minnow.  See Een Puvtyr entry for habitat and helpful info you can expand.  
Burrow Bachik - see Nybelmargerim (Nybelmar Dwarves) for helpful info you can expand.  
Ger Ger (cactus?) also ref'ed in old Herbarium.  Will do.
Chagga Oranges - see Nybelmargerim.  Not a lot known about Nybelmar as yet, so feel free to expand.  I thought of them as being small, sour oranges, like a cross between tangerines and the little limes you get in Asia.
Goats - um....er...well, goats!   Semi-wild ones - think Turkey and Israel several centuries ago.  Slotted golden eyes, wicked intelligence, omnivorous appetite, dainty hooves, and coarse grey/black/white/brown hide.  Have fun with them!  And how about Capricus for a name?  Suggestive not only of what they are but their nature (grin)...

There you are - go girl!  I'm sure your prolific energy and creativity will give us the entries we need to flesh out our flora and fauna even more!

Thanks again....from a MUD-dy Bard...

Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #13 on: 05 July 2002, 08:59:00 »

Seems I have to neglect Strata and the big things for a while and do some overviews for you Rayne, what about the striped Kara (a little pig living in the Mil'no and elsewhere), the Kirilit (bird like a mixture between sparrow and budgy, blue green) and others? For the first two exist already nicely done pics from Quellion, Arti will be pleased!
do you have already an email like
Rayne@santharia.com?

The both are mentioned in the Mil'no entry, but not described yet.

***Astropic of the day***

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Rayne (Alýr)
Dreamress
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 05 July 2002, 20:28:00 »

Yay! I have animals to do! ^_^ I'll probably do goats first since I've actually been studying up on them a little bit as of late, preparing to do an entry on them. ::love Encyclopedias:: I'll get started on the others as soon as I can find the time and I'll be sure to look up more about Nybelmargerim. I glanced through their entry a little bit when I did I site search for "Chagga Oranges," but I didn't have time to get too far.

The Kara sounds like a cute animal to do. I might wait on the bird, though. We have so many birds as it is! But I'll try to get to it when I've done some to blanace the large number of bird species we have. Um, as for e-mail, you might try Angel_Avalotus@Hotmail.com. I don't check my e-mail as much as I should, but I'll try to get to it sooner if you send me something.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]