Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: New beast... the Tresh'AAL  (Read 3269 times)
Koji Maelstrom

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« on: 17 July 2002, 19:31:00 »

Name - Tresh'AAL

Overview - the Tresh'AAL is a rare bird much like the phoenix.  This bird was captured, but it did nothing, and three days later, starved to death.  This bird cannot live without the knowledge of being free of cages and restraints.  Therefore, there is no known record of what it eats, merely guesses.  What information is available is from observations.  The Tresh'AAL can freeze the area around it, and flies around at sea most of the day.

Appearance - This falcon has a sharp beak that is strong enough to pierce solid ice.  It's tail is made up of liquid-like feathers that is transclucent like water, yet retains its shape.  The Tresh'AAL's wing feathers are the same.  It has very shap talons that are used to grip slippery prey and the ice on which it stands.  It stands about 1/2 a ped tall, and it's relatively stout wings have a span of anywhere between 1-2 peds.

Special Abilities - By adjusting the temperature of the blood flowing through its wings and tail-feathers, the Tresh'AAL can even freeze the area around it!  By lowering the temperature enough, its own feathers will freeze, perfect for an intense, furious dive.

Territory - Tresh'AALs are very territorial.  Exact territories are unknown, however, researchers assume they habit all of Nybelmar and many islands off the coast of Nybelmar

Habitat - A cold climate, seen in caves far off the coast.  Likes its icy climate, and also enjoys sleeping and flying at sea.

Diet - Researchers believe the Tresh'AAL eats large fish (are there any fish in the bestiary?) due to the large beaks and sharp claws.  The Tresh'AAL has also been seen eating rattlesnakes if the fish are scarce.  Other possible food sources are as follows:

Behavior - so far whats been seen, the Tresh'AAL seems to like flying by itself.  Being a solitary animal, it is supposed it is also very territorial.  Be careful if seen.

Mating - No one knows for sure, but there are a few rumors running about.  A) it picks a soul mate for life and mate with it every year.  B) it doesn't breed, it spawns much like the phoenix, solidifies, then shatters into a whole new bird.  C) It fights over the best mate with other males and the next year, picks another mate.  And finally, D) it doesn't breed, it is an immortal soul that cannot die.  Of course, these are just rumors.  Nobody knows for sure.

Myth - Legends have it that every seventy-five years, a giant flock of Tresh'AAL (about 35, but no one's witnessed this) gather at one point of the earth to witness the birth of a Gresh'LAA, a larger version of the Tresh'AAL (2 peds in height, and its regal wingspan is about 4-6 peds long).

Edited by: Koji Maelstrom at: 7/20/02 9:13:21 pm
Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #1 on: 18 July 2002, 16:07:00 »

Sounds interesting, especially the special abilities.

But here are some buts:

You can't do two animals and just say, same like the first. Just do the first thoroughly and add a paragraph mentioning the second, or put the second in the myth.

Overview: Is it like a phoenix, or is it a falcon like you said in the next chapter, if it is a falcon, mention it in the overview.The eating habit could be know by observing it in freedom as well.You mention "slippery prey", how do you know?

"Appearance - the Tresh'AAL has feathers that fun like
                     water, yet still holds a solid shape and texture. This
                     falcon has a sharp beak that is strong enough to pierce
                     solid ice. It's tail is made up of liquid-like feathers
                     that is transclucent like water, yet retains its shape.
                     The Tresh'AAL's wing feathers are the same."

You are saying the same thing twice somehow, needs some rework

Habitat is not territory.
Territory is Nybelmar, habitat is a cold region.
A cave far off the coast....I imagined the sea with far off.

Special Abilities - By adjusting the temperature of the
                     blood flowing through its wings and tail-feathers, the
                     Tresh'AAL can freeze the area around it.

How do you know this? How can it do this?

Myth: For my feeling, a myth doesn't go well with such a number like 35. why 35?

I haven't reread the phoenix, so I don't know if your comparison fits.

Has a great potential, but needs some more work done!

***Astropic of the day***

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Koji Maelstrom

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18 July 2002, 16:29:00 »

Okay, let me see if I understand:  I should simply keep the Gresh'LAA in the myth, and save space?

About the overview, it is similar to the phoenix because of the abilities (temperature adjusting) and the wings and tail-feathers of an element (phoenix = fire; tresh'aal = water).  Otherwise it is a falcon.  If you want, I can take out the mentioning of the phoenix.

I'll edit the diet.

Okay, I now see what you mean with the repeating.  I wasn't quite sure I said what I meant.  I'll fix that.

The territory/habitat I'll fix.

The special abilities is known all because of the myth (along with the Gresh'LAA).  How? Don't know.  How does the phoenix?  If you want, I can try to go into magic, or whatever.  Just give me the word.

The 35 was something I picked because 75 seemed an oddly large amount, being that the Tresh'AAL is a rare bird.

Edited by: Koji Maelstrom at: 7/19/02 12:58:04 am
Tarquet Galbar

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18 July 2002, 17:38:00 »

Please put these in seperate posts.

Tarquet Galbar,
BeastMaster Of Santharia
Creator of Weavers
Chronicler of the Rahaz-Dath Mercenaries

Koji Maelstrom

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18 July 2002, 18:37:00 »

Also, where can I get a pic?

Timeras

Lursus/Mathis RPside

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18 July 2002, 19:22:00 »

I might be able to help you out there, what do you (your character) look like?

Timeras of Remusiat, lord of the White Citidel. "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally." - W. C. Fields (1880 - 1946)

Tarquet Galbar

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 19 July 2002, 01:16:00 »

Alright... Umm... Can I just ask one question? Well, what's the point of it? The Pheonix is a mythical animal, and is also connected with a God. This is a bird that someone caught once and didn't feed well, so it died. I mean, yea, we need more animals, but I think they should have some point to being here. Like this it's just another pheonix, but like I said, someone's caught one and it died, and without the godly connection.

If it were a mundane falcon, then I wouldn't see a real problem, if you put more in about territory and such. But making it so mythical like this without reason doesn't make a lot of snese.

Tarquet Galbar,
BeastMaster Of Santharia
Creator of Weavers

Edited by: Tarquet Galbar at: 7/18/02 8:28:40 am
Belgarion the Great

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 19 July 2002, 13:59:00 »

I didn't read very much about the Gresh'Laa. Only the Tresh'AAL. And I didn't even learn too much about that. I mean I kind of understand what it is but I don't even know what the difference is between these two. It is just very confusing. I think you need more detail in all places. Especially the overview. I really hate writing the overview. It's the worst part.

You are Cordially invited to the place of

Koji Maelstrom

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 19 July 2002, 17:56:00 »

Okay, here's the deal.  The Tresh'AAL is a rare bird.  Not ultra-rare like the phoenix, just hard to find and capture (after all, getting frozen has really gotta suck).  I don't think I put any real prove of it being a super-mythical being, but if I did, point it out, and I'll delete it.  I really didn't intend to make one.  It's just similar to the pheonix in abilities.  I'll add more the territory and habitat, but it's hard to because there isn't a map of Nybelmar, and I can't quite picture a map from only words.

Belgarion, I've added more depth to every section in which I could.  Also, the Gresh'LAA is identical to the Tresh'AAL, except over 4 times larger (2 peds in height, and between 4-6 peds in wingspan).  If you would like, I'll put the two into seperate posts.

Also, if you have any suggestions, let me know!! I'm open to ideas.

Timeras

Lursus/Mathis RPside

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 19 July 2002, 18:25:00 »

Koji, there is a map of nybelmar i'l add the link in one second.

pub176.ezboard.com/fsanthariasanthariangeographymaps.showMessage?topicID=131.topic

just click on this and then "Continent of Nybelmar"

Timeras of Remusiat, lord of the White Citidel. "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally." - W. C. Fields (1880 - 1946)

Edited by: Timeras at: 7/19/02 1:32:39 am
Tarquet Galbar

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 19 July 2002, 18:36:00 »

Well all of the comparisons to the Pheonix, which is a mythical animal, certainly makes it sound like that.

Still, why? There's a super rare bird. Why is it so rare? Why does anyone care about catching it? Why should it have abilities like the Pheonix but not be connected to any Deity and possible to catch?

Tarquet Galbar,
BeastMaster Of Santharia
Creator of Weavers

Belgarion the Great

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 19 July 2002, 19:25:00 »

And why is it magical? Why would this thing be here at all? It doesn't seem like a very efficient bird. And how does it work physically? It has to be a completely magical bird, like the Phoenix, for it to live like it does. I mean freezing itself generally will kill an animal. Let's make a little overview of these questions.

Why is this here? Where does it come from? How does it work?

You are Cordially invited to the place of

Koji Maelstrom

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 21 July 2002, 14:15:00 »

Hey, about this, I'll get more of an ecosystem for the island between Ennahra and Toben (which needs a name, by the way).  Then I'll come back after which I'll finish up the Tresh'AAL.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]