Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Kardión Hound  (Read 3822 times)
Atrii Redwood

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« on: 18 January 2003, 20:12:00 »

Kardión Hound(Domestic Animal)

The Kardión Hound is one of the dogs of Sorren. They are mainly found in the Lands of the Kapanen. They are domesticated and are kept usually by humans. The word Kardión is the Styrásh word for arrow, this is a fitting description of the Kardión Hound because they are incredibly fast, like the speed of an arrow. They are very active dogs and enjoy many activities, they often just run around in open fields and they also enjoy to swim.

Appearance
The Kardión Hound is a smaller dog compared to the others of Sorren. They stand roughly 2 fores off the ground and are usually a bit less than 1 ped from head to tail. They are not very big and only weigh from 3-4 hebs. Their fur is short and rough, it is a grayish mainly but can range from white to black on the same individual dog. Their fur is darker on its body and goes to a white or brown colour near the dogs feet. The dogs face tends to be a darker colour, usually black but its snout is more of a grayish colour.

The females are slightly smaller standing only at 1.5 fores off of the ground and are 2.5 fores from head to tail. The females fur is lighter than the males but generally holds the same pattern by being darker on the main torso of the dog. The head of the females are not black like the males but gray like the rest of the body. The females also weigh less, usually between 2.5-3.5 hebs.

The Kardión Hounds ears are always pointed upwards. They are usually around 1 palmspan in length and are black like the Hounds face. Its tail is grayish like the rest of the dogs body usually around 1 fore long. The Kardión Hound has very muscular legs giving it tremendous speed. Its paws have 5 claws, there are 4 main claws and one is off to the side of the paw, it is basically useless but is quite handy with getting caught on things.

The Kardión Hounds have small pointed teeth that are used to crunch its food, explained in the diet/food section.

Special Abilities
The Kardión Hound is extremely fast and agile, if trained it would be a fantastic hunting dog but is also very useful for scouting, if it is trained well enough. Like all other dogs or wolves the Kardión Hound has exceptional hearing, its hearing is even better than that of the elves and 10x better than the hearing of humans. Also their ears are very sensitive, many of these hounds go deaf if someone yells into their ear.
Apart from having great hearing and speed the Kardión Hound has above average smell as well. Remember these Abilities of speed, smell and hearing are all compared to the abilities of humans.

There strong sense of smell makes the Kardión Hound very handy with tracking many people: criminals, lost or kidnapped people, as long as you have an article of clothing with the person's scent the Kardión Hound should be able to track him or her down.

Territory
The Kardión Hounds are found in The Lands of the Kanapan. They used to be wild before humans domesticated the animal and made them very well behaved animals. The Hounds’ owner(s) do not use the Kardión Hounds for hunting often, but they have been trained for that activity. They are mainly just a companion for a human as the Lands of the Kanapan are not as vastly populated as many other areas of Santharia.

Habit/Behaviour
The Kardión Hounds are very active dogs, they enjoy running around wildly on their own but love nothing more than being with its master. These hounds cannot bare to be left alone, they would most likely die of loneliness if they were ever abandoned. They are also very loyal to its owner, they will remain with their master until one of them dies. If the master dies first the hound will remain beside its master until either it dies or if its master is buried.

They learn very quickly and are considered to be one of the smartest animals in all of Sorren. They love to learn new things, a very common ability that these dogs learn to do is to hunt.

Diet
The Kardión Hounds are generaly carnivores eating meat, usually they are rewarded with meat from their catch during a day of hunting with their master. But they also eat hard foods such as: bread(usually burnt), grains etc.They require very little to eat because they are so small, so this makes feeding them very cheap for their master. They will often recieve very good food because of their little needs.

Mating
The mating of the Kardión Hounds is controlled by its master. Usually their are breeders that have both a male and female that breed and sell the pups roughly 1-2 months after birth to avoid the mother being too attached to the pups.

The male and female mate during mid-spring, The developement of the pups takes around 4-5 months giving birth to between 5-7 pups. They are born with little fur and blind, they are extremely small and are taken care of extremely well by both the mother and father for roughly 8 weeks, by this time the pups are strong enough to take care of themselves. At this time the pups are usally sold, the master usually keeps both a male and female of every 2 or 3 litters depending on the health of his current hounds.

Usages
Kardión Hounds make average hunting dogs and guard dogs, they are also average at scouting giving this dogs a wide range of uses.The best of the Kardión Hound's uses is that he can provide a great deal of friendship, loyalty and companionship.
They are very good guarding as well, they have a keen hearing and can warn their master of approaching animals or people.

We plan to start A New Kind Of Army! Too Smart to Fight. Too Smart to Die.

Edited by: Atrii Redwood at: 1/23/03 10:30:14 pm
Rayne (Alýr)
Dreamress
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 117

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 19 January 2003, 00:09:00 »

WHat is the length of the dog? The hieght at the shoulder? How much do they weigh? Keep in mind that measurements may vary from female to male.

Please re-read your entries! "Tale" should be "tail." "if trained it would be a fantastic hunting dog but is also very useful for scouting, if it is trained well enough" is repetitous! Please re-read your entries before you post them! Run them through a grammar check and read them over yourself!

BTW: Is that picture one you made? Or one you had made for you and that you now have the rights to? Or are you just using it to give us an idea of what you're talking about?

Good start. A lot of thorough details.

"There is much misjudgment in the world. Now, I knew you for a unicorn when I first saw you, and I know that I am your friend. Yet you take me for a clown, or a clod, or a betrayer, and so I must be if you see me so. The magic on you is only magic and will vanish as soon as you are free, but the enchantment of error that you put on me I must wear forever in your eyes. We are not always what we seem..." -Schmendrick the Magician, The Last Unicorn
Timeras

Lursus/Mathis RPside

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19 January 2003, 01:07:00 »

I'm pretty sure he didm't do it himself as it is hosted at the American Kennel Club website...

Timeras of Remusiat, lord of the White Citidel.If at first you don't succeed, try, try, and try again. Then give up. There's no use being a damned fool about it." - W.C.Fields (1880 - 1946)

Atrii Redwood

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19 January 2003, 11:24:00 »

yea, i just wanted to show you kind of what the dog looks like.
I'm sorry Rayne, I re-read my entry but my spell-check on word isn't working and that for some reason.

But thanx for the helpful suggestions.:)  

Edited by: Atrii Redwood at: 1/18/03 5:36:30 pm
Rayne (Alýr)
Dreamress
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 19 January 2003, 13:58:00 »

I said grammar-check, not speling check. You don't have any spelling mistakes, you're just using the wrong word. "Tale" is a word: It's a sotry. However, Tail, though sounding the same and looking similar in appearance, has a completely different meaning. You should try togo through your entry with a fine-tooth comb. Read it aloud if that helps. It will help you see the places where you made some confusing grammar mistakes.

And if you are re-reading it, you need to make sure you re-read it slow. I can't see how, if you had read it over, you could have a mistake like, "if trained it would be a fantastic hunting dog but is also very useful for scouting, if it is trained well enough."

"There is much misjudgment in the world. Now, I knew you for a unicorn when I first saw you, and I know that I am your friend. Yet you take me for a clown, or a clod, or a betrayer, and so I must be if you see me so. The magic on you is only magic and will vanish as soon as you are free, but the enchantment of error that you put on me I must wear forever in your eyes. We are not always what we seem..." -Schmendrick the Magician, The Last Unicorn
Atrii Redwood

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 19 January 2003, 14:54:00 »

Ok Rayne, I'll try reading slower then. Hopefully that will help. Thanx

Rayne (Alýr)
Dreamress
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 19 January 2003, 14:57:00 »

No problem. Just remember that there's no hurry. Quality over quantity, ya know. ^_~

Atrii Redwood

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 19 January 2003, 15:17:00 »

ok, that should be a bit better, I will look through it again later just to make sure I got everything.

Rayne (Alýr)
Dreamress
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 20 January 2003, 16:45:00 »

Tell me when you do so I know when to give it a run-through again. ^_~

Atrii Redwood

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 20 January 2003, 19:11:00 »

Looked though it, added some more details into Special Abilities, that's it.

Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 365

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #10 on: 20 January 2003, 19:27:00 »

Rayne hon - take it easy on Atrii! :eek

That's why we have a forum and editors - no one (not even Bard Judith the English Tyrant) can get it perfect the first time...  and proofing your own work is almost impossible because when you 'expect' a phrase to be a certain way your eye will automatically skip, blend, and blur the words to agree with what your brain expects to be there - it's true!

The entry concepts are good and Rayne's stringent editing has made them better - Atrii, I really appreciate your willingness to take critique as equably as you do!  Thanks to both of you for working out the kinks on this puppy ;)

You probably all know this old visual trick, but look at it again anyhow:

PARIS
   IN THE
THE SPRING

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf /  a land of trees that stand; / where trees are fallen there is grief; /  I love no leafless land."   --A.E. Housman

Atrii Redwood

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 20 January 2003, 19:55:00 »

Yes i always hear about your mind playing tricks on your eyes and stuff like that. Really annoys me actually!>:

:lol  

Rayne (Alýr)
Dreamress
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 20 January 2003, 20:02:00 »

:: blushes:: ^_^;;

Artii has really been a good sport. I admire his patience! ::hugs him::

Mommy-Judith. If you haven't done so already, you might want to just briefly look over the Red Birch. I really think that a good Myth/Lore could be made up for that particular Birch. I also have some poems in the works down at the Library. No rush, though. Just when you get the time.

Artii:
Do you think you might be able to expand on the Usages? Really be specific. What animals do they usually track? Can they be used to find lost persons? Details, details, details.

Atrii Redwood

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 20 January 2003, 20:04:00 »

Me? A good sport?

Well I try:D
I'll get to adding though details probably tomorrow, I don't think I will get a chance today, I have to start some studying for exams, summative tests and all that "fun" stuff:b  

Rayne (Alýr)
Dreamress
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 20 January 2003, 20:09:00 »

I had finals last week. I hope your experience is better than mine. I almost cried throughout my entire Japanese Final. The paper was all stiff where my tears fell on it. My sensei actually came over and put her Kleenex box on my desk. It was awful. ~_~;

Edited by: Rayne Avalotus  at: 1/20/03 2:10:02 am

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]