came into this world in the form of an April Fool's gift to my mother. While everyone was toiling with expectant concern over my seemingly imminent birth on the night of April 1st, I
like to believe that i remained comfortably curled
up in my mother's womb with a smirk on my face and
mouthing the words "APRIL FOOL!"
I remember an extremely pleasant and carefree childhood, full of character-building and enriching acitivities such as beating up
boys, being the neighbourhood bully and building
imaginary worlds and kingdoms from my storehouse of
toys and dolls.
My teen and young adult years feel like a blur. I was a reformed-neighbourhood-menace-turned-geek. That was when I started reading, writing
and dreaming about fantasy worlds, and of one day
creating a world to call my very own. I also spent many of those years learning and practising three different musical instruments - the
piano, the chinese violin and the chinese harp, and
although I can't claim world
reknowned fame, I nevertheless like to believe that I'm an accomplished musician in my own way.
Three years ago i was fortunate enough to be able to apply for and be granted a full scholarship to pursue my undergraduate studies in
Canada. I'm joint majoring in Anthropology and
International Development Studies, and hope to add
an emphasis in Linguistics to my undergraduate degree as well. Cultures and languages fascinate me, and that is perhaps why world-building appeals to me so much, being able to actually create diverse cultures and languages from scratch. I have my own private
little "pet hobby project" of creating my own world
which I indulge in whenever I
can find the time for it, and one of my aspirations is to create a fully functional fantasy-isque language complete with its own grammatical, syntactic and semantic system as well as a rich
cultural and historical base.
Since I'm really bad at coming up with interesting
quips and narrating humorous anecdotes about
myself, you'll just have to be content with the
following list of 10 random things about me:
1. I'm a stickler for routine and predictability. Some call it being "anal-retentive", but those who know better term it "being
2. I'm bad with numbers. Except when it comes to payslips and the budgeting of expenses.
3. I admit it. I fawn over Orlando Bloom every now and then. And i drool over Tom Cruise whenever i can.
4. I don't eat anything green except broccoli. Oh, and lime-flavoured jello ... yum.
5. I've never been to a party. Seriously.
6. I was bitten by a horse on my left cheek when i was 5, pecked in the eye by a chicken the same year. And yes it hurt.
7. I set all my clocks 10 minutes ahead of the actual time. The word you are looking for begins with the vowel "E" and not "A". Ahem.
8. I'm the eldest in the family. I bugged my mother for a whole year when
I was 10 for a younger brother, and now we (brother and I) have
both lived to regret it.
9. My first and only ever pet was a cat which i named Xoxo (pronounced "saw-saw"). And yes "Xoxo" was what was written on the his collar.
10. I boycotted my high school prom.
Santharia has been a source of immense inspiration for me, as well as many enjoyable and memorable hours of RPing with wonderful people
all over the world. I feel honoured and happy to be
able to be part of the