Would like some more map details?
How about some deserts, forests, heaths, grasslands and volcanoes? Here you are:
-  To draw desert cracks zoom in on the
spot and simply use the PAINTBRUSH TOOL or the
PENCIL TOOL and draw the crack lines. I personally prefer to draw
every single crack manually. This gives the map something unique.
-  Make a selection of the crack lines
territory. Select the Photoshop Filter BLUR by
clicking on FILTER --> BLUR --> BLUR.
This softens the hard lines. When you zoom out you should see the
-  Dunes I draw
are also simple AIRBRUSH made lines, softened with the SMUDGE TOOL,
drawn manually, line by line.
- Rule 1: Copy from other forests you've
already drawn. The more complete forests you can choose from (in different
size and form) the better.
- Rule 2: Add single trees to the picture
whereever you feel it appropriate. Just use the PAINTBRUSH TOOL
("B") with a small brush size to draw the single trees.
- Rule 3: Once again use the SMUDGE TOOL
("R") to smudge the lower ends of the trees to the left and right.
This lets them appear as if they are embedded better in the surrounding landscape.
- Same thing as above. Copy what you can.
- To make it all manually: Zoom in. Once again use your
PAINTBRUSH and a small brush size. This time draw dots instead of lines,
numerous small dots. Use another, lighter gray on the borders of the heath
to let it fade out. Let the distance between the dots increase constantly on the
- A volcano is just a mountain with a black
hole in it. Draw the black hole (usually with the color black *grin*). Use the SMUDGE TOOL ("R") to
smudge the black color down to the foot of the mountain.
- Want to smoke a bit? Generate
a new layer. Zoom in. Use the AIRBRUSH tool with a light gray color on the
new layer do draw the smoke. Smudge it upwards. Leave the smoke
on this new layer which you should name "Extras" or something
similar and place all special features related to the map there. This way
the smoke doesn't affect the drawing of the main map (and you can use the
smoke again at other places).
- So if you have made all your homeworks you
should have accomplished to achieve a result like this:
- Save your progress and prepare yourself for some final decorations;)