Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

gfx gfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register    gfx gfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!
Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Thirsty Herald XV: Day 3 Firstflame  (Read 21086 times)
Benedict Bennett
Paladin of Armeros
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #1515 on: October 11, 2007, 02:06:39 AM »

“They are both ready Lady,” Ami spoke with confidence, “…say when you are needing them and I will pass them to you.”

Excellent, the paladin thought to himself, and not a moment too soon.

Garret offered his services to hold the man and remove his weapon as the paladin has ask and without hesitation took up his post.  Lady Cherri thanked the man with light brown hair for his willingness.

The paladin nodded and tried a smile towards the obliging man who stepped next to the bed and began the task requested. It is good to have assistance, Benedict thought.  Since Walter Bastion died he had performed his healing duties faithfully but alone. 

Most of those who bore a weapon knew little about healing the damage caused by them.  If it was not for the man he had served as an armor bearer the brown haired paladin would not know either.

"The wash that Aminah has prepared is my own blend of herbs,"
Lady Cherri said in her almost melodic voice, “and it will help cleanse the wound.  Perhaps we should also use alcohol just to make sure certain the infection does not worsen.  It will be painful for him, but better in the long run I think."

Lady Cherri explained that her herbal mixture would further remove what was left of the dried blood.  She also felt the alcohol should be used next to cleans the wound.  The paladin was in complete agreement with the violet-eyed woman beside him.  He was greatly impressed with her knowledge as a healer and her calmness when situations arose.

The elfess asked if he would be able to sew the wound close once they had thoroughly cleansed the infected wound. He thought for a moment and was pleased that for once he had the necessary items.

Benedict nodded at the elfess then turned his attention to gathering his alcohol, thread and needle.  He withdrew a small tin flask from his saddle bag and sat it on the edge of the bed then withdrew the small case that held his needles and the tread.  The case was simply a folded piece a leather with small pockets sewn in creating places for two curved needles and a pocket to hold a thin piece of wood worn smooth by use wrapped meticulously with a pale sinew thread.  On the flap of leather were impress the letters WB for the man who before his death possessed the item.

"If you don't have any alcohol up here,” Yurie offered eagerly, “then I can go down to the bar to get some.  Oh, and maybe I can get a needle and thread, too."

As he finished Krinaia offered to accompany him and retrieve the alcohol white Yurie procured a needle and thread as well as getting the water.

The paladins face turned towards them, ”I appreciate the generous offers of both of you but I have some Mil‘no Fire in this flask that should do the trick quite well and the needles and thread I will need.  We will however need fresh linens to replace the soiled ones that are currently on the bed and help changing them.

He smiled at the woman with long black hair, “the water will also be needed and a mug to make it easier for him to drink.”Benedict sighed and looked to the elfess next to him.  In the sunlight that streamed through the window he could see glistening strands of her hair and it almost caused him to forget the task that needed to be performed.

He nodded towards Lady Cherri and adjusted his weight on his knees, “I am ready my lady when you are,” he said and picked up his flask to begin the cleansing as soon as she had finished with her herbal preperation.

The value of a nation is determined by the weighed of gold bars.
The price of justice is determined by the volume of spilt blood.

Yurie Yileen
Walker of Dreams
Approved Character

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #1516 on: October 11, 2007, 01:25:00 PM »

Just after Yurie finished speaking, the lady in white also stepped forwards and said,

"I could get the alcohol while Yurie gets the needle and thread and some water for him.  For when he comes around he will need plenty of fluids and it would be quicker this way. I’m Krinaia I’m sorry I didn’t introduce myself before but in the current situation I didn’t find it necessary.  If you need any thing else I would be glad to help."  She spoke quickly, with a hint of relief in her words.

Benedict turned towards them both and replied,

"I appreciate the generous offers of both of you but I have some Mil‘no Fire in this flask that should do the trick quite well and the needles and thread I will need.  We will however need fresh linens to replace the soiled ones that are currently on the bed and help changing them.  The water will also be needed and a mug to make it easier for him to drink."

Yurie took a quick glance at the bed sheets.  Looks cleaner than some of the beds Ive slept in before, he thought to himself.  He then took a look at the bottle of Mil'no fire that Benedict had taken out of his bag.  Anyway, at least it gives me a reason to get out of here before that elf starts screaming!

Turning to Krinaia, Yurie said,

"Okay, let's get moving!" 

And he made his way to the door.  As he approached it, he noticed a familiar black crow lurking in the shadows.  So, that's where he got to, Yurie mused.  He looked up at Barega and whistled softly, communicating to him that he should behave himself.  Barega didn't reply, but then, Yurie guessed that he was too preoccupied with the elf.

As he stepped out into the cooler hallway, Yurie heard Benedict saying,

"I am ready my lady when you are."

Bet he's not gonna like that!   Yurie thought, as he took a look down the hallway, searching for any signs of Lori, whom he guessed would have some clean sheets.

Aminah
Muddled Mindsoother
Approved Character

Human, Azhorhrian

« Reply #1517 on: October 11, 2007, 03:26:10 PM »

Aminah stepped closer to the patient when Cherri beckoned her, in truth fascinated by the healing process taking place.  Her eyes and ears absorbed everything they did incase she ever had to deal with such a wound again.  "The wash that Aminah has prepared is my own blend of herbs and it will help cleanse the wound.  Perhaps we should also use alcohol just to make sure certain the infection does not worsen.  It will be painful for him, but better in the long run I think."  Ami wondered briefly why alcohol was so often used on wounds; it seemed illogical that something which had such an effect on the mind could be so helpful too.  And why was it so painful?  Surely something that aided should be soothing too?  Ami listened intently as Cherri spoke again.  "The herbs will help remove the rest of the dried blood and then I think we should pour the alcohol over the wound.  We will have to act quickly after that.  Then we need to remove the puss, cleanse the wound again and apply the ointment to stop the bleeding.”   Yahrle Plant ointment stops bleeding she mentally noted.  “Do you happen to have needle and thread to sew the wound closed.  I don't think it will need to be burned especially since there is an infection already present."    Ami waited patiently, secretly excited to be able to see the stitching process in action.  How do you stitch flesh?  Doesn’t it tear? She imagined a needle piercing her own skin and shuddered at the thought.

Just then something caught her eye; a movement around floor level which didn’t come from the well-behaved wolf.  Ami turned her head to see and spotted a scabby-looking cat slinking happily across the floor.  It could possibly be the same one who had tripped Benedict earlier, but then all cats looked similar to the young girl.  Perhaps it had come back for a second go?  As the others arranged the alcohol, needle and thread, Ami watched the mischievous animal’s progress, wondering if anybody else was going to notice it before it tripped them up once more.  She should really warn them, but the shy girl didn’t want to disturb Benedict who was now removing a small metal flask of what he called “Mil`no Fire” from his bag, along with his sewing tools.

He sent the shorter man and Krinaia downstairs for more water and sheets, and Ami was glad she would get to watch the operation.  The words “I am ready my lady when you are,” sent a slight chill down her spine as she peered as close as she could.

Krinaia
Gifted Enchantress
Approved Character

Half-Elf, Arthyron/ Centoraurian

« Reply #1518 on: October 11, 2007, 07:18:41 PM »

“I appreciate the generous offers of both of you but I have some Mil‘no Fire in this flask that should do the trick quite well and the needles and thread I will need.  We will however need fresh linens to replace the soiled ones that are currently on the bed and help changing them.”

He smiled at Krinaia which she returned, “the water will also be needed and a mug to make it easier for him to drink.” She nodded and as she made to move out the door she thanked the gods that she didn’t have to see or hear the poor elf in pain.   

"Okay, let's get moving!" 

She turned to Yurie and said, “Okay” which she doubted Yurie heard as he was looking up at where the crow was hiding in the shadows. He whistled to the crow as if communicating with him. This really intrigued Krinaia but this wasn’t the time or place as the elf could wake up soon and he needed water.

She stepped out into the hallway behind Yurie and started making her way downstairs when she heard Benedict say his voice a bit grim, “I am ready my lady when you are.”

Turining Krinaia saw Yurie look down the hallway, as if looking for some one and she supposed he was looking for the girl who had brought the warm water and strips of cloth earlier or someone else who worked here.

She took the steps two at a time and turned at the bottom of the stairs to see Yurie following. Across the room she saw the girl in the apron whose name she could not remember. Since she knew Yurie would be able to get the sheets she moved towards the barkeeper and asked him for a jug of water a mug and a few glasses, just in case anyone else was thirsty.

He handed her a tray with the glasses, a mug and a jug full of water. She thanked him and paid him before balancing the tray and making her way to the stairs carefully.

Till taught by pain, men know not water's worth
Yurie Yileen
Walker of Dreams
Approved Character

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #1519 on: October 12, 2007, 08:26:26 AM »

Seeing that Lori wasn't in the hallway, Yurie decided to follow Krinaia.

She was speeding along, taking the stairs two at a time.  I sure hope that cat isn't still hanging about, Yurie thought to himself, envisioning another casualty to take care of.

Fortunately, there was no sign of the cat, and Krinaia made it to the first floor unscathed.

When Yurie got to the common room his eyes quickly danced around, taking in the scene.

The woman with red hair had fallen asleep, her long locks covering her face.  And despite the warmth coming from the fire, Yurie still sensed a kind of coldness around the blond man.  The pretty elfess in white was still sewing.  And Krinaia was at the bar, asking for some water.

Either there aren't many people staying here or they're all as lazy as pigs!  Yurie thought to himself, noticing that the morning sun coming in through the window was much stronger now.

On the other side of the room, Yurie spotted Lori.  She seemed busy with something, but he rushed over to her anyway.

He cleared his throat to get her attention.  When she turned around, he said,

"Hi, the name's Yurie.  I was wondering if you could bring some clean sheets upstairs."

"Oh, I suppose that elf has gone and bled all over the others."  She replied.

"Yeah, I'm afraid so."

"Okay, I'll bring some up just as soon as I can."

Yurie beamed a smile at her and said,

"Thanks, I appreciate it."  She smiled back, and then Yurie added, "You're doing a great job here!"

"Well, I'm glad somebody appreciates me," she said, a hint of bitterness tainting her otherwise sweet voice.

Turning back toward the stairs, Yurie saw that  Krinaia was already ahead of him, a tray with a jug of water and glasses on it balanced carefully in her hands.

Shayna Priella
Shimmying Seamstress
Approved Character

Maelf, Anpagan/Azhorhrian Quaelhoirhim/Ylfferhim

« Reply #1520 on: October 12, 2007, 10:58:22 AM »

"Excuse me, miss," a small voice sounded beside Shayna. Shayna looked up and saw a girl holding a tray in her hands.

"Your food's here," the girl said, placing the tray on the table. Shayna carefully kept her sewing, and replied, "Thanks!" She smiled gratefully and introduced herself, "I'm Shayna."

The girl smiled, and said, "I'm Lori. Enjoy your food!" With that, she walked off.

Shayna took a long breath, the aroma of the food drifting into her nostrils. Mmm... smells wonderful!

Shayna took a sip of her Prickling Fruit. It made her tongue tingle. Then, she started on the Desert Plate Meal. She ate a piece of meat first. I haven't tasted anything so tasty for quite some time... Mmm...

Looking at the Vegan Roll from the corner of her eye, she thought, I'll let Quitterie have that later. Hmm, wonder how she's doing in the stable...

the shimmying seamstress
Shayna Priella
Garret Arroway
The Wolfling
Approved Character

Human, Helcrani

« Reply #1521 on: October 13, 2007, 12:58:45 AM »

Garret stood by the bed, waiting to hold the elf down once they began. Shadowfoot sat beside him, not really bored but not particularly interested in the injured man. The wolf breathed in deeply. There was something else now, some scent that hadn't been there before. He didn't let it bother him too much but he didn't completely discard it. He looked longingly over at the spot in front of the fire place. The warmth could be felt to him and it was all too tempting. He took a quick look up at Garret. His brother didn't seem to need him right then so he stood and headed over toward the fireplace.

Out of the corner of his eyes he noticed a small figured. He turned his large head and saw a cat slinking toward him. Shadowfoot turned his whole body toward the creature and crouched low, a low growl coming from him. Garret, who was still by the bed, heard the warning growl and looked over for a moment, calling for Shadowfoot to behave, the wolf grudgingly stopped and lowered himself to the ground. He lay on the hard wood, watching the cat's movements.

Diffrent roads sometimes lead to the same castle.
Altario Shialt-eck-Gorrin
Adventurer
Approved Character

Human, Remusian

« Reply #1522 on: October 13, 2007, 07:30:41 AM »

Altario inclined his head toward the attractive elfess.  "Very well, lady, I shall lead."  What went on behind that enigmatic smile of hers?  Though open and friendly, she hid more than she shared, created more questions than she answered.  Would he need to ask pointed questions?  He hoped not, as he did not wish to appear like an inquisitor.  This was far to pleasant company to ruin it by pushing her too hard.  No, he would be patient and let her open up to him in her own time.

He smiled to himself.  Of course, she had far much more time than him.

No, he would learn by observation.  He might not be as skilled at it as her, but still, it had always served him well.  He looked at her in the saddle, and he could see that she was naturally gifted there.  She sat low in the saddle, her knees slightly bent, feet comfortably in the stirrups, heels pushed downward.  She was a picture of superior horsemanship.  And the ease that she had in guiding the horse showed that they were very comfortable with each other.  They had been together a long time.

This was relaxing, and for a brief moment, he hoped that he could somehow forget the last year.  He leaned back in the saddle and looked up at the sky.  On a day like this, he might actually allow himself to enjoy the warmth of the sun.  It was a strange thing for a Remusian to admit.

Self consciously, he brought himself out of his reverie.  "Where are you from, Valannia?  I'm a little weak on elven heritage."  He winked good naturedly.  "Tell me of your people; your family."

My Favorite Cartoon Quotes.
"It was a dark and stormy night...." Snoopy
"Ack!!!!" Bill the Cat
"I did not have sex with THAT woman, Monica Lewinsky" President Bill Clinton
My Character can be viewed @
Anjolina Jolie's house but knock first in case I'm in my underwear.
Todd Ash
The Handsome One
Approved Character

Human, Remusian

« Reply #1523 on: October 13, 2007, 11:14:41 PM »

The inn was said to be only a few hours outside the city. They had left early in the morning to avoid the desert heat but what was supposed to be a few hours quickly doubled. Todd looked back over his shoulder at his brother, Danner, who was crouched low to the ground. This was the third time that had stopped this morning. Todd usually found these frequent stops relaxing and gave him time to think. Today though it was growing rather annoying since the sun was taking over the sky and it was swiftly growing hotter. Todd wasn't big on the heat and that was only of the few things that could easily annoy him.

They had stopped earlier for some strange rodent, then again for a strange lizard. Now Danner was moving slowly closer to a small sandy brown creature with dark brown spikes sticking out of it. Todd would have never noticed the creature if Danner hadn't stopped them. He waited as his brother stopped a fore or two away from the creature and pulled his journal out and pulled out a quill and small jar of ink.

Todd rolled his eyes as his brother began a quick sketch of the creature. Danner was a wonderful writer and Todd was always interested in reading his newest stories, but he couldn't say the same about seeing his brother's drawings. He watched as Danner closed the jar of ink and took out a small cloth to wipe off the remains of ink from the tip of his quill. Todd was grateful that he was done because they could set out once more now.

"Let's go," Todd called over his shoulder as his brother repacked his stuff.

Without waiting for his brother he set off again, knowing that Danner would quickly catch up. His brother's horse, Thor, was small but swift and could easily catch up to his horse, Rust. So he set off at a trot.

"Must we stop for every little creature?" Todd asked with a grin.

Before his brother could answer the inn came into view about two hundred peds ahead. The young man let out a sigh of relief, and shook his dark brown hair out of his face. Dark grey eye's gleaming he put his heels into Rust's flanks, urging the horse forward. Over his shoulder he called to Danner.

"Come on, race ya there!" Todd hollered.

He grinned as his hair was blow out of his face, and the horse beneath his raced ahead. They both looked the rush of speed and Todd was reluctant to stop as they reached the inn. He did though and then he leapt down from Rust and gently stroked the horse's nose.

"Good boy," he said softly, before heading over to the stables.

He took care of Rust before leaving the stables and heading over to the inn. Danner by his side, the brother's an odd pair. The twins looked exactly alike in the face but their bodies were built differently. Todd opened up the door to the inn and stepped into the building. There were a few patrons and staff in the common room.

Todd's eyes were immediately draw to a man with blond hair and dressed in black armor sitting at a table. There was something about that man but he dismissed him swiftly. There was also someone dozing at one of the tables, and a couple others sitting around eating or drinking. A man stood at the bar and a young girl walked around the common room taking care of guest and other duties. There didn't seem to be much going on right now but the man who told them about the Thirsty Herald said it was a good inn and so far Todd had no reason to believe otherwise.

He sauntered over to a table and sat down. He knew Danner would go grab something to eat and drink so he waited for his brother. There was no point for both of them to be up. Well it made since to Todd. He leaned back in his chair and relaxed, glad to be out of the gaze of the blazing sun.

Never forget who you are, for surely the world will not.
Danner Ash
The Shooter
Approved Character

Human, Remusian

« Reply #1524 on: October 13, 2007, 11:20:11 PM »

Danner crouched near the ground moving slowly toward the odd desert rodent. It had sand colored fur and long dark thin spikes coating it. It was a rather interesting creature. He took out his journal and ink and quill and prepared to make a very rough sketch of this creature. He could imagine this brother's expression right now, since this was their third stop and it was getting hotter, but Danner didn't care. Todd would just have to live with it. He knew there wasn't a chance of traveling through the desert to get back to the rest of the continent now. They would once more take ship, and while Danner would have preferred to see the wonders of the desert, the ship was just as interesting.

He finished his sketch and looked down in dismay; he doubted that anyone would be able to tell what it was with only a look at the poor drawing. But it would help Danner remember how to describe it and then he could find out what it was. He cleaned up his quill and closed the jar of ink while the ink on the page dried. One it was dry he picked up his stuff and went to repack it.

"Let's go," Todd called while Danner was packing his stuff.

"He acts as if we don't have all day," Danner mumbled to Thor.

As he finished he heard Rust start forward and knew his brother was getting rather annoyed. There wouldn't be any more stops. Danner didn't really plan on stopping again though. It was growing hotter by the second and they had to be close by now anyways. He swung himself back onto Thor's back and moved forward. He quickly caught up to Todd and Rust, and he grinned at his brother.

"Must we stop for every little creature?" Todd asked, returning the grin.

Before Danner could answer the inn came into view. He heard as his brother breathed a sigh of relief and shook his head to dislodge his hair from obstructing his view. Danner saw his brother's grey eyes gleam as Todd put his heels into Rust's flanks and the horse jumped forward.

With a laugh and jeering tone Todd called over his shoulder, "Come on, race ya there!"

"Cheat," Danner laughed.

Danner urged Thor forward, the smaller horse catching up to Rust. Todd had a broad grin upon his face and both horse and young man were enjoying this race. Danner found his own emotions mirrored in his brother, and he wore the same broad grin. He slowed up a bit as they reached the inn, noticing Todd doing the same. Danner hugged the neck of his mount before jumping down and following Todd into the stables. They took care of the horses before heading into the Thirsty Herald, Todd walking a few feet in front of him.

Danner followed his brother into the common room, taking note of the people in there. He could hear some noise upstairs and guessed that others were waking. He watched as his brother plopped down at a table and rolled his eyes before heading over to the bar. He ordered drinks and food for them.

"Hmmm, what yall have?" Danner asked the bartender and listened as he replied.

"Let's see two orders of the Roast Taenish and stuffing if yall are making it this early and two Tulimon Grape Juices." Danner said, as he laid the coins on the counter.

He grabbed their drinks and brought them over to the table. He sat down and handed one over to his brother. They sat there quietly for a while. Danner pulled out his journal, ink, and quill. He opened to the sketches and began to write a detailed description beneath so he would remember better.

Your station at birth means nothing. A man can't change that. What's important is how you live.
Valannia Incendarious
Elven Knight
Approved Character

Elf, Quaelhoirhim

« Reply #1525 on: October 14, 2007, 08:39:33 AM »

Almond shaped eyes wandered about the desert the sands one of the few things Val had found to be even more timeless than her own people. Though the winds swept them creating variations amongst the dunes, it kept the landscape fresh somehow. Like the sandbanks had never been touched by the hands of mortals. A careless glimpse over a petite shoulder focused uderza hued eyes on the only signs of humanity that could be observed, The Thirsty Herald. Even from this range the knight could make out movement in relation to the inn, apparently many of the patrons had awoken.

A smooth but extraordinary movement from the Remusian brought Val’s attentions quickly to him. Injera seemed to be finding its way into his heart as well; the light of life had this effect upon many. But dreadfully few understood how and why this feeling would wash over them the truth of it would not be easily understood by the majority. Not only did the warmth of it cover the body, the light drew the soul once again closer to Ava.  Foiros’s truth and purpose casually disregarded by so many but welcomed by most still found the way to the hearts of all.

The knightess knew there were creatures beyond deliverance yet Altario was not such a man. Courage, honor and his kindness put him in a place that many could not find; even Valannia was uncertain they would be found over centuries. His elation in the radiance of the sun brought a glorious smile over the elf’s elegant visage. Causing her to rein Lostram slightly, bringing the steed to a very leisurely gait as Val’s steady gaze reveled in the moment. Surprisingly the Remusian broke the moment with a slew of questions astonishing the knight, dropping uderza eyes from him and resting them on the saddle horn of her steed.

Blonde locks fell to veil the knight’s face as she began to reply to each of his inquires. “I was born not more than two stral from the city of Elving. I lived much of my youngest years on a sprawling chateau learning the scriptures of my Lord Foiros from the lips of my mother.” Almond shaped eyes lifted but were turned from Altario yet there was a distant almost forlorn maelstrom rolling in their depths. “I learned to read, tend the injured and spent many a day riding amongst my brethren. Following them in my mother’s footsteps protecting their spirits from the forces of darkness seeking to end all that is right.”

“My father and my eldest brother both knights such as myself educating a few dozen of my people in the ways of warfare. Not to kill but to defend those weaker than themselves.” Softly a sigh escaped over supple lips, the elf felt she was revealing too much but the floodgate was opened. “Escorting a friend of our family to a distant land, my brethren nearly a dozen strong rode with us. A beast….” Valannia paused for a few moments allowing the vivid images of the past to fade. “An ogre ravished with hunger and maliciousness struck our traveling party, ending my mother’s life and my youngest brothers. Only the valor of my father and my eldest brother saved my life.”

Uderza hued eyes lifted to meet the Remusian’s grey gaze tears welling deeply over their opaque surface. Every grain of the knight’s willpower focused upon continuing. “The years following that day are a haze for me. For nigh a decade I wandered the lands of Sarvonia, futile attempts of my father to bring me forth from my despair. Though I saw many beautiful things in my travels, none compared to the forthright words of my mother and the conviction with which she spoke them.” A small blink brought a solitary tear to flow down a velvety cheek, falling to rest upon Lostram’s saddle.

Still the knight forced a warm smile at Altario a nimble hand brushing the moisture from a beautiful cheek. “Upon my return home I picked up the weapons of my mother, ones she had laid aside centuries before my birth. The words of Foiros are not enough to defend the lives of man, so I shall defend them with my own life. Until the end of my days no other shall know the sorrow I have felt, not as long as I draw a breath in this life.” Golden tresses flowing across Val’s elven visage in a morning zephyr as she rode on stoically. "Foiros guides us into Ava's light but one must live long enough to find the way."

"That is the story of my family M'Lord, tell me of yours?"  
« Last Edit: October 14, 2007, 09:04:29 AM by Valannia Incendarious » Logged

May your wits stay as keen as your blades, until next we meet my friends.ºo
Yurie Yileen
Walker of Dreams
Approved Character

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #1526 on: Yesterday at 11:22:21 AM »

Barega the crow still had his beady black eyes fixed on the prone elf.

Yurie had left with another human and Barega was hoping that the rest of them would follow suit.  All he needed was some time alone with that body and his belly would be full in no time!  He was almost willing the group of people to leave.

Then, in his peripheral vision, he noticed a small cat enter the room.  It seemed a little startled when it saw him, but undaunted, nonetheless.

It soon became apparent that this cat was rather foolish, for it started to sneak up on the much larger wolf, as if preparing to attack.

The wolf of course noticed it, and started to growl.

Maybe this would provide the distraction that Barega needed.  If a fight broke out then he would probably be able to swoop down in the confusion and have a peck or two at that bloody wound.

The crow watched the scene unfold, ready to launch himself at any moment...

Altario Shialt-eck-Gorrin
Adventurer
Approved Character

Human, Remusian

« Reply #1527 on: Today at 09:12:51 AM »

As they rode, Altario listened intently to the elven beauty speak of her people; her family.  He could only nod in understanding of her loss, his heart aching to give her comfort, but knowing that any utterance on his part would ruin the magic of the moment, and cause her to stop the telling of her tale.  This he could not bare to do, so he held his tongue against all natural impulses.

When her story came to an end, she turned the conversation back on him, though he would have loved to ask questions.  He would not push her, not yet.  So, instead, he thought about how much he would reveal to her.  It was strange, but he could not remember telling anyone of the real reasons he was on this quest.  To tell her seemed at the same time daunting and desireable.  He was scared to open up, yet a building pressure in his chest told him it was time.  Someone needed to be let in to that place he had long ago locked away.  But was it her?  Was it now?

If not now, when?  If not her, who?

"I grew up on my family's estate, called Urimpaar.  It's been ours for generations.  I have a brother, Denrykmar, who is three years younger than me.  No sisters.When my parents died, I took over the estate, where we raised horses.  I met a beautiful girl, Riztalyanna, who captured me like no other ever could.  We had two children."  Altario paused, and his throat tightened. "The first was Nayriss, the perfect portrait of her mother, but with my dark features.   The second, a son who died shorty after he was born, and Riz died then as well."  A deep breath wracked his body.  "Last year, Nayriss disappeared.  I've been led to believe that she was kidnapped, by some group who are evil in nature.  But, if they exist, they are nearly impossible to find.  I've been chasing false leads, traveling long roads, and fighting battles I never sought for a year now.  I'm so very tired."   Altario's voice trailed off.  "But I must keep looking.  I can not stand to imagine her out there, lost and lonely, calling for me." 

He rode in silence, his thoughts turned inward.

My Favorite Cartoon Quotes.
"It was a dark and stormy night...." Snoopy
"Ack!!!!" Bill the Cat
"I did not have sex with THAT woman, Monica Lewinsky" President Bill Clinton
My Character can be viewed @
Anjolina Jolie's house but knock first in case I'm in my underwear.
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Members
Total Members: 15712
Latest: jt
Stats
Total Posts: 134477
Total Topics: 4818
Online Today: 26
Online Ever: 216
(November 30, 2006, 03:08:03 AM)