Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

gfx gfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register    gfx gfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!
Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Malgion's Hideout(Voldar)  (Read 1213 times)
Jituska Kouba
Hungry Nymphet
Approved Character

Human, Caltharian

« Reply #60 on: December 11, 2007, 04:16:49 PM »

Jituska looked at her brother. She wanted to reach out her hand and smooth that worried look from his face. Instead, she took the bread and began tearing chunks from it, putting them in her mouth and chewing fervently. Ooh, this was good! She was quite unable to share the worry that Tojz seemed to be feeling. The bread rapidly disappeared, the pear soon followed it. There was just enough to stop the hunger, as she kept half the bread for her brother, who was eating slower than her.

She knew that he wouldn't normally have said yes. He preferred getting food the honest way, and only stole when he didn't have a choice. But this was different, this was not stealing because they'd starve otherwise. This was stealing because there were some men who felt that they had a right to another man's purse. And if Tojz wouldn't have said yes normally, that meant there was a reason why he'd said yes now.

Her look became examining. "You said yes because of me, didn't you?" She was quite unaware that she was just continuing her own train of thought, and that her brother probably wasn't following her. However, her next words should make it clear what she was talking about. "You only agreed to steal for them so that they wouldn't hurt me." He didn't really have to answer her, she knew it from the way his face was creased into a worrying frown. Edging a little closer, she pressed both her thumbs to the middle of his forehead, then moved them away from each other. It was quite clear that she was trying to smooth the frown away. Then she placed the tops of her index fingers on the corners of his mouth and pressed up, telling him to smile. She had done this many times before, and it had worked often. She could only hope that it would work now again.

She laid down her head on Tojzek's shoulder, closing her eyes as she did so. "Don't worry, Tojz. Everything will be all right, you will see. So long as we're together, everything will be all right." She stayed in this position for a while, then shifted so that she could lean on her brother more completely. She felt herself slide down into sleep - a healthier sleep than what she'd just been through. When she was only half awake, half in the world of dreams, she murmured: "I would have done it, you know. When they were finished, I'd have killed myself. I'm glad you helped, I don't want to leave you. I'm glad you're my brother." After that, she slided even further down, so that soon she was immersed in a dream. A peaceful smile spread over her face, which looked relaxed and so very, very young.

Tojzek Kouba
Young Sentinel
Approved Character

Human, Caltharian

« Reply #61 on: December 14, 2007, 01:25:46 PM »

Tojzek went back to his bread and continued to brood worriedly as he chewed.  Mentally searching all possible methods of escape, he had to admit that being outside this cage would make it a lot easier.  Maybe they would get a chance to steal the key at some point?  He sighed visibly – these men would surely be on the look out for anything like that.  Their best bet was probably to gain a little trust by acting as if they wanted to do the tasks they were given.  But how far would they have to go?  The boy somehow doubted that pick pocketing was the limit of this group’s criminal activity.

Jituska had already gobbled down her bread and the pear whilst Tojzek had still only eaten a few bites of his bread.  Always aware of her movement, he turned to her as her look became more intense.  A questioning frown greeted her first sentence but she quickly elaborated.  Guilt made him pause a little; he had forgotten that she didn’t know the idea had actually been his.  Better that she should not know, he thought, or maybe it was just that he didn’t want her to loose faith in him.  She was the only person who thought he was worth anything and he selfishly wanted to protect that.  “So that they would help you, ‘tuska, as well as not slit my own throat.”  Bitter words once again.  As he went to stroke her hair again his sister reached towards his face, so he dropped his arms.  Trying jokingly to resist her smoothing fingers Tojzek failed and suddenly broke into laughter.  Some of his stress bubbled out in a series of short, amused sounds.   “What would I do without you, Jituska?” he asked softly, the clichéd question backed with a torrent of affection.

He settled himself more comfortably on the floor as she snuggled into him.  "Don't worry, Tojz. Everything will be all right, you will see. So long as we're together, everything will be all right."  For a moment Tojzek wished they could change places and he could be the happy, protected one for a change.  He wanted more than anything to believe the statement she had just made, but unfortunately he knew it to be wrong.  Could she really think that after what the men had tried to do?  The young man wondered if he protected her too much.  Today’s events had threatened her secure little world and look how she had reacted.  Or was that simply a reaction to that particular threat?  His heart warmed in pride as he remembered how she had stood up to them whilst he had still been dizzy from Jakal’s blow.  Finishing the bread he moved his legs around to a more comfortable position and closed his eyes.  There was little else he could do for the moment.

Jituska’s sleepy words broke his moment of relaxation.  Though he felt a rush of love for her at the expression of affection, it was tempered with worry.  The mere thought of loosing her caused so many horrible emotions to race through his body that for the moment he could not reply without fear of lashing out.  How could she think like that?  He needed her support just as must as she needed his protection.  Didn’t she realise that?  Quite a few minutes past in silence as Tojzek’s thoughts and paranoias whirled around his head.  He was loath to wake her now she was sleeping so happily, but he wanted to speak with her.  No, damn it, this was important!  He could not have the worry of her suicide on his mind as well as everything else. There just wasn’t enough space in his head for so much anxiety.

Taking her tiny bony shoulders in his hands, the young man shook her awake - slightly more violently than he would usually have done.  “Wake up Jituska, I have something important you need to listen to.”  As she stirred he stopped shaking and stroked her face once, tucking a piece of hair back behind her shoulder.  As soon as he judged her to be conscious enough he began.  Hi face turned serious. “’tuska, I love you, and I promise I will always do my best to be there for you, no matter how bad it gets.”  He paused for a second to allow this to sink in, but continued before she had time to verbally react.  “I need you too, so much.  I need you to cheer me up when I’m worrying too much, and to keep me out of trouble as well.  And I need you to make the same promise to me, if you can.”  His eyes were filled with love for her, but his face was sincere; firm.

Jituska Kouba
Hungry Nymphet
Approved Character

Human, Caltharian

« Reply #62 on: December 16, 2007, 04:30:15 PM »

It seemed to her as if she had slept only a few moments before Tojz shook her awake. Her body, needing the sleep after the ordeal she had been through, was slow to react. 'Hmm? 's it time already?' she murmured. At her brother's words, however, she came fully awake. The intensity behind them scared her a little.

When he was done speaking, she knew that she had got it wrong. She'd thought he would have understood. But he wouldn't have. After she had gone, he would've done something stupid, of that she was sure now. He was right, he needed her as much as she needed him. The realisation made her eyes go wide. How could she have thought about taking her own life, when there was someone who needed her so much?

Now that the immediate threat was gone, the dread was rapidly fading, leaving her to wonder why things had seemed so urgent. She was quickly turning back into the optimistic girl that woke up this morning. It was much nicer to feel this way than the fear and despair of earlier, anyway. She took Tojzek's right hand in both her own, looking up into his eyes earnestly. 'I promise, Tojz. I won't leave you.' She searched his eyes, trying to see if he believed her. He just had to believe her! She might have meant what she'd said earlier, but she meant this just as much. And now that she had promised, she would not go back on that. If he really needed her as much as he said he did, she would live, even when things got as bad as they had threatened to become.

When she was sure he believed her, she let go of his hand, bringing one of her own up to tug at a braid. A smile spread over her face as her optimistic side took firm hold again. Deliberately ignoring the bars that caged them, she said: 'At least we're out of the snow, and more or less warm.' She laughed at Tojzek's scowl. She knew that she ought to be a little more worried after the events that had overtaken them, but found that she couldn't. Her heart felt too light to be oppressed by their environment, and they would soon be outside again, if under the surveillance of one of the thieves.

Besides - although this was not something she consciously put into a coherent thought - her mind was staying away from dwelling too much on what could have happened. It was not in her nature to think about 'what if' anyway, certainly not when the conjectured situation was as bad as this one would be. It did not happen, therefore there was no use in thinking about it. Also - and again happening unconsciously - the whole lightheartedness was a reaction against the tension of earlier.

The hand that was near her hair felt that her braids had let go again. No wonder really, though her mind shied away from the reason. She looked at Tojz through her lashes, smiling shyly. 'Braid me again?' she asked. It was as much the request that was worded, as an offer to calm him down in one of the best ways that she knew. Or maybe calm both of them down. It worked both ways, more often than not. She scooted closer, offering her blonde head of hair to his deft hands. As she waited for him to begin, she put her thin arms around her knees; one of her favourite positions to be in.

She wondered what it would be like to work for thieves. Would she have to help, or just tag along like she usually did? She knew that she was a better pickpocket than her brother, even though she had never let him see that. She'd used her skill only sparingly. If they let her help, she could become even better. She didn't have the same reservations about stealing as Tojzek: as far as she was concerned some people could well afford it to 'lose' a few coins. And if she happened to 'find' them (even if that meant looking for them in their purse) then so be it. The difference for herself was minimal - whether she stole for Tojzek or for the thieves, she wouldn't keep anything anyway. And what would she need with coins, even if she did get to keep some? Tojz took care of all that. But yes, she looked forward to helping out, if only to practice finding things.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 04:36:38 PM by Seh'nara Celebrindal » Logged

Seh'nara Celebrindal
Swift Ranger
Story Mod

Elf, Tethinrhim

« Reply #63 on: December 20, 2007, 06:54:08 PM »

In the adjacent room, Horace, Jakal, Taloon and Rodget were discussing the children's situation around a table. "Are you certain that you want to go with them, Jakal?" Horace asked the man who was sitting across him. He didn't like the way the way Jakal looked when he volunteered for the job. On the other hand, though, he could not risk the children running off and alerting the guards. It was too big a risk to let them go without any supervision. But if he did let them go with Jakal, considering his current relationship with them, they could easily anger him, and undoubtedly Jakal would grab at the chance to punish them in his own way.

"Yes." Jakal's cold tone sent shivers down Horace's spine. His eyes gleamed with malice, and Horace could only imagine what he was thinking. It was no question that it had something to do with the kids. As every second passed, he was more and more unsure of his decision to let Jakal bring the children out. With the way Jakal's lips were upturned in a sinister smile, he was more concerned with their safety rather than the MadCaps alone.

Taloon had also caught on Jakal's intentions. He liked Jakal, don't get it wrong, but this was a side he hated to see. "I'll go instead, Horace." Taloon looked at Jakal, blue eyes glaring at him. "Jakal, I don't think any one of us here would trust a dog with you right now, let alone two children." Jakal clenched his hands into fists. "I resent that, Taloon," Jakal replied tersely. "It sounds like you don't trust me."

"I trust you, Jakal. Just not with two living things now."

"So you wish to take over?"

"I was already in charge, Jakal." By this time, both men were standing up, face to face, palms leaning against the table. A fight was clearly eminent, if not for the timely intervention of Horace.

"Shut your yapping, both of ya. I don't care if you don't like it Jakal. I agree wit Taloon. If he's so willing, he goes." Jakal glanced at Horace. "I dislike your meddling, old man," Jakal said, eyes boring into Horace's own. "Hold your tongue." A sharp voice cut through the red haze that both were covered in. Surprisingly, it was Taloon who spoke. "Have you forgotten, Jakal? Horace is in charge until Fallen comes back. You give Horace the same respect you would for Fallen."

Jakal eyes narrowed as he looked from Horace to Taloon, and back to Horace again. Suddenly, he sat down and put his feet up on the table. "I can see that I am outnumbered, so do it your way. I wash my hands of this matter." Horace nodded, Taloon grinned. His eyes flicked to the clock on the wall. "Smart move, Jakal. Horace, I think I'll start them now. It'll be better to break them in quicker." Horace nodded once more.

Taloon pushed back his chair and walked to the next room where the children were. He headed for the cage. On the way, he casually swiped the keys from the table in the centre of the room. The keys jangled in his hands as he unlocked the cage. "Well, children. My name is Taloon, and I'll be replacing Jakal. Don't worry. I don't waste my strength punishing people for nothing." He pulled open the cage's door and gestured outside with a smirk. "Shall we?"
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 07:30:59 PM by Seh'nara Celebrindal » Logged

Tojzek Kouba
Young Sentinel
Approved Character

Human, Caltharian

« Reply #64 on: December 23, 2007, 09:23:41 PM »

Tojzek let his arms fall as he finished his speech, running them slowly down her arms to the floor.  His eyes looked into her young, familiar face.  He suddenly noticed a smudge of dirt on the large defined jaw bone and wanted to wipe it off.  Should he have eased her into the idea a little more?  But no, that wasn’t really his way.  Words were things of weight, importance, and anyway he had never been good at making them fancy.  Jituska must be used to it by now he hoped.

Her warm little hands found one of his and she looked back at him with what he suspected was the same level of intensity his face had shown just a few seconds ago.  Maybe he should have toned it down a bit after all.  'I promise, Tojz. I won't leave you.'  Her eyes seemed to seek his belief and, unable to say it in words, he drew her skinny frame into a close hug.  Placing a light kiss on her cheek he released her, and a part of the worry lifted.  His sister was going to struggle through everything too.  It was more possible that they would get through this together.  More at least.  Unharmed?  He was not sure, but that wasn’t worth thinking about.  They could only try.

And as soon as Tojzek released his sister from the hug she seemed to be her normal happy self once more.  He nodded agreement at her observation, but the frown stayed on his face.  He would have felt a lot happier out in the snow to be honest, cold but free to look after themselves.  On the other hand the freedom included the freedom to starve as well.  But they hadn’t come so close to that yet.  He could work, and they had other ways of making money too.  The young man was aware that this would not be the first time Jituska had pick pocketed.  Or the first time he had attempted to either.  For some reason the thought of his sister stealing was so much worse than him doing it himself.  Did the fact that they were being forced to steal for a gang of thieves make it any better? He mused over the issue as he began to braid her hair once more. 

What if they got caught?  To be honest he was far more likely to than Jituska; her agile hands were far more practised than his.  Still, as he finished her hair for the second time that day, he could not resist saying “You will be careful ‘tuska, won’t you?  We have to steal for them, but somehow I don’t think the city guards will accept the excuse He told me to.”  For once a vain attempt at humour, perhaps to make up for his over-intensity before.  But just as he smiled at his sister, heavy footsteps rounded the corner to their cell.

But it wasn’t Jakal, it was the other one, the one who had held his knife to Tojzek’s throat in the street as well as when he had woken up here.  The boy remembered his speed with the weapon, and the brief smile faded from his face.  This man would not be easily tricked.  Damn it. "Well, children. My name is Taloon, and I'll be replacing Jakal. Don't worry. I don't waste my strength punishing people for nothing."  Tojzek wondered exactly what would be considered “something” by this man.  Probably anything.  The young man stood up as Taloon opened the door and offered a hand to Jituska as well.  He threw a mild glare at him, but prepared to follow wherever he saw fit to lead.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2007, 09:36:19 PM by Tojzek Kouba » Logged

Seh'nara Celebrindal
Swift Ranger
Story Mod

Elf, Tethinrhim

« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2008, 03:38:28 PM »

Taloon glanced at the two scruffy kids that followed him. Briefly, his mind played with the option of taking the girl when they were out of sight, but he dismissed it almost immediately. The boy would never allow that to happen, that was for sure. Besides, he could always bed some other whore. Little girls were never really his thing.

As the trio headed out of the interrogation room and into the common room, Jakal's head rose, and a sneer grew on his sharp face. The smile held nothing but contempt; accompanied by his cold eyes, his whole demeanour sent chills down Taloon's spine. Bastard.

Horace stood up and held up a hand to stop the group's progress. "Taloon. You bring them back, don't get them killed," Horace said. Taloon grinned at the old man. Somehow, he could feel that Horace was concerned about them, hiding the fact that he maybe liked the two. Taloon nodded, the sides of his eyes crinkling with his grin.

Pushing the children forwards, Taloon pulled open the door, and ushered both out into the mild cold outside. It's time to put them to the test.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Members
Total Members: 18286
Latest: Catti-Brie
Stats
Total Posts: 144604
Total Topics: 5144
Online Today: 30
Online Ever: 216
(November 30, 2006, 03:08:03 AM)