Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

gfx gfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register    gfx gfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!
Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 1st Hour of Sunblaze (Lightthrive) Archery  (Read 353 times)
Khel
Unbound Rogue
Story Mod

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2007, 09:01:52 PM »

Nogra Ungorra

Nogra looked down at the man, grinning wide. He hoped that this man, too would actually hit the target. "Yes, by all means my good man! Shoot!" He chuckled, and threw a hand in the air, presenting the man.

The crowed applauded politely.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 11:49:28 PM by Altario Shialt-eck-Gorrin » Logged

..tell me your heart doesn't race for a hurricane or a burning building. -asw
Your pal, Khel
Hylphán
Venturer
Approved Character

Half-Elf, Avennorian/ Arthyron

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2007, 03:22:36 AM »

Hylphán stepped up to the line, eyeing the target downfield.  He carefully chose one of his best arrows, and fitting it to the string drew it fully to his cheek.  As he slowly exhaled, he released the arrow, watching closely as it arced toward the target.  When he saw the arrow strike, he finally lowered his bow and stepped back from the line.

Fair winds and following seas till our paths cross again.
Altario Shialt-eck-Gorrin
Adventurer
Story Mod

Human, Remusian

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2007, 04:46:07 AM »

Nogra Ungorra

Nogra Watched with nervousness as the next gentleman stood and fired.  This man looked like an archer, and he sure had a fancy bow.  You didn't see too many recurve bows here.  With a steady hand, the man fired.  Nogra grinned.  It was the best shot yet.  He was relieved.  He could well nigh afford another archer to miss this early in the tournament.  He jumped up enthusiastically, as it hit the third circle.  "Ladies and gentlemen, we have a new leader.  This gentleman, has just scored three points!  That puts the lady in second, and..."  His voice trailed off, and he looked with embarrassment in Altario's direction.

Again, the crowd chuckled at the man who missed.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 12:32:10 AM by Khel » Logged

My Favorite Cartoon Quotes.
"It was a dark and stormy night...." Snoopy
"Ack!!!!" Bill the Cat
"I did not have sex with THAT woman, Monica Lewinsky" President Bill Clinton
My Character can be viewed @
Anjolina Jolie's house but knock first in case I'm in my underwear.
Hylphán
Venturer
Approved Character

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2007, 11:43:01 AM »

Hylphán turned to the herald in charge of the event, and asked "Would it be alright if I went ahead and finished up here?  I have another event shortly, and would like a respite before it starts.  Nogra bowed his head and said "Of course sir, go ahead and finish.

Hylphán carefully chose another arrow, and again stepped to the line.  Pulling the arrow to his cheek, he slowly exhaled and let the string go, sending the missle downrange in a shallow arc.  Hylphán didn't move till the arrow struck.   Lowering his bow, he surveyed his second shot.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 11:45:06 AM by Hylphán » Logged

Rainier
Shadow Ranger
Approved Character

Elf, Tiraelhon/ Eophyrhim

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2007, 05:46:20 AM »

Rainier wathced as the Half-elf stepped up took aim and let his arrow loose.  Hearing the sound of the bow string he was taken back to his journeys with Illicted.  He than waited patiently to hear the announcement of the gentelmans score and checked his own bow to make sure it was ready to be used.

Walking up to the man who seemed to be running the event Rainier asked "After you announce this gentelmans score" nodding towards the man who had just shot " would you mind if I took a turn?"

The sword is a weapon for killing...the art of the sword...is the art of killing.  No matter what fancy words..you use...or what titles you put to it...that is the only truth  -Rurouni Kenshin  Raniers CD
Khel
Unbound Rogue
Story Mod

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2007, 06:24:49 AM »

Nogra Ungorra

Nogra held his breath as the gentleman shot again. Throwing up his arms in excitement, the crowd followed suit as the arrow hit the second ring, "Five points, keeping this fine gentleman in the lead!" Nogra exclaimed and jumped up enthusiastically. The crowd cheered wholeheartedly for this man.

An elf then approached Nogra and asked to take his turn. "Step up, step right up and take your shot.." Nogra whispered to the elf and got his name, "Rainier will now take his chance against our reigning champion!" The crowd loved competition, and the elf received an enormus eruption from the onlookers.

Your pal, Khel
Rainier
Shadow Ranger
Approved Character

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2007, 07:05:00 AM »

Rainie gladly steped up to take his shot but was a little nervous after hearing the crowd.  He was about to follow after the leader what a tough act to come after.  He gave a little chuckle and whispered "Well I have nothing to lose so I might as well do it."

He steped up and pulled out an arrow and put it in place.  Feeling the tension in the string he smiled and let it fly. Turning around as soon as he did it as to not be the first one to see where it landed he hoped it would at least hit the target.

The sword is a weapon for killing...the art of the sword...is the art of killing.  No matter what fancy words..you use...or what titles you put to it...that is the only truth  -Rurouni Kenshin  Raniers CD
Khel
Unbound Rogue
Story Mod

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2007, 07:36:57 AM »

Nogra Ungorra

Nogra watched as the elf let the arrow fly, and it struck home in the second ring, "Three points to Rainier!" Nogra exclaimed. He then announced, "That pushes the lady into third place, with a close fourth behind her.." Nogra trailed off, not wanting to point out the initial miss of the man before her. Instead he continued to grin as the crowd cheered for the accomplished scorer.

Your pal, Khel
Hylphán
Venturer
Approved Character

« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2007, 09:55:10 AM »

Hylphán stepped up to the line to take his last shot.  He chose his arrow carefully, smoothing out the ruffles in the fletching.  He adjusted his armband, and drew the arrow back to his cheek.  He knew he had rushed his last shot, so he took his time, steadied his breathing, and exhaled slowly releasing halfway through the breath.  Hylphán didn't move until the arrow reached the other end of the field, then slowly lowered his bow.  Stepping away from the line, he turned to Nogra and slightly bowing said: "Thank you kind sir, for the opportunity to compete in this wonderful festival."  Hylphán then walked a short distance away to watch the next contestant.

Khel
Unbound Rogue
Story Mod

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2007, 09:50:54 AM »

Nogra Ungorra

Hylphan took his last shot. Nogra watched with heightening excitement as the arrow flew straight and true. Yes, he had done it! "A bullseye! Ten points!!" Nogra jumped into the air and threw his hands up as the crowd cheered emphatically. "The man's grande total now being sixteen, these other contestants will really need to show their stuff!"

Nogra felt sorry for the man, or woman, who should follow a perfect shot. Glancing around, he looked for another contestant to shoot again while the crowd continued to cheer in the stands, and a toothy grin flashed in the morning sun.

Your pal, Khel
Altario Shialt-eck-Gorrin
Adventurer
Story Mod

Human, Remusian

« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2007, 10:12:00 AM »

Altario returned to the line. "I'm ready for my second shot." He could hear the odd chuckle from the crowd, and he could feel his face turn red.  He knew he deserved it after that first shot, but it was still hard to take.  He was used to getting respect, not ridiculed.

This time he took a little more time.  He test pulled the bow a few times, noting with satisfaction the taughtness of it.  It was a fine bow, of Remusian make.  It had a good hard pull weight to it, and was light to hold.  Carefully he knocked an arrow onto the bowstring.  Pulling back, he sighted along the length of the arrow, seeing the target in the distance.  He softly held his breath, then gently uncurled his finger.  The arrow flew from the bow.  Still holding his breath, he prayed to Kur'och that this time he would hit the target.

My Favorite Cartoon Quotes.
"It was a dark and stormy night...." Snoopy
"Ack!!!!" Bill the Cat
"I did not have sex with THAT woman, Monica Lewinsky" President Bill Clinton
My Character can be viewed @
Anjolina Jolie's house but knock first in case I'm in my underwear.
Khel
Unbound Rogue
Story Mod

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2007, 10:38:41 AM »

Nogra Ungorra

Nogra watched as Altario stepped up for his next shot. He seemed to be putting more thought into it this time. That's it, ol' boy.. Nogra thought wistfully. How embarrassing if he would miss twice! As the arrow flew, the crowd held its breath, and when the arrow struck, Nogra jumped into the air once more. Slipping, the man's feet flew out before him, and he landed with a hefty thump! on the ground. Not bothering to stand up right away, Nogra puffed, "Yes! Perfect bullseye and ten points! Well done!"

Nogra couldn't believe his eyes. Sitting on the ground, huffing and catching his breath, he beamed for the man who had redeemed himself.

Your pal, Khel
Rainier
Shadow Ranger
Approved Character

« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2007, 11:36:26 PM »

Rainier stepped up and said "I'll be taking my second shot now." He had to follow up to perfect shots he wasn't sure that he really wanted to but he decided to.

He stepped up and closed his eye's and took a deep breath. It will be ok your going to do just fine. He picked out an arrow and knocked it into place.  He studied the target and waited till he thought the wind felt just right. Guide my arrow this day Arvins. He than released his grip on the arrow and let it fly.

Khel
Unbound Rogue
Story Mod

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2007, 12:31:40 AM »

Nogra Ungorra

The dark skinned elf stepped up for his second shot. Nogra pushed himself up from the ground and looked eagerly out at the target. The competition was definitely warming up! Rainier let the arrow fly, and it hit inside the second ring, "Three points to Ranier!" Nogra shouted, and the crowd burst into applause. Not perfect, but a good shot nonetheless.

Cassie

Cassie watched as the elf called Rainier took another shot. She was mildly impressed with the recent scores of the men, and a small smile crept into her stony expression. Her first shot was not the best, she could admit that. She had to put all the fire and skill she used in Horse Breaking into this competition if she was going to measure up properly. She told herself this sternly, clenching and unclenching her fists in turn. Cassie strode back up to shoot again, her broad frame giving her a manly walk, despite her full lips and long raven hair. She was strong, and knew her arrow would fly straight and true this time around. Narrowing her eyes, she nodded to Rainier, acknowledging a good shot, and stepped up where he had been.

Breathing easy, Cassie fixed her eyes on the target. Up came her bow, and back went her arrow. Her muscles tightened in preparation to let loose and absorb the rebound. Straight and true. she thought again, willing her arrow to fly as such. Her eye firmly on the target, she let the arrow fly.

Your pal, Khel
Rookie Brownbark
Skydiver
Story Mod

Brownie, Llaoihrr

« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2007, 01:38:45 PM »

Nogra Ungorra

Nogra’s heart jumped as he saw Cassie’s arrow fly, straight and nearly true, and hitting the target just outside the bullseye.  “So close!  But still not quite a bullseye for the lady, who gets 5 points”

Cassie

Not in the bullseye?  Cassie pouted once more and dropped her bow to her side against her muscled thigh, leaning her weight over to that side too.  Not in the bullseye?   She had been so close to catching up with the other man, the one that had completely missed the target first go; so close but not quite.  Still, it was a good shot and 5 points put her ahead of the elf at least.  She stood back, tossing her black locks out of her face and waited for the others to take their last shots.  Only if she got a bullseye next round would she be able to beat the archer who had already finished.  Her unfriendly eyes scanned the field, looking out for more late entrants who might then knock her down the ranks.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 01:49:46 PM by Rookie Brownbark » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Members
Total Members: 15712
Latest: jt
Stats
Total Posts: 134477
Total Topics: 4818
Online Today: 26
Online Ever: 216