Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

gfx gfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register    gfx gfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!
Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: A Band of Mercenaries  (Read 401 times)
Isoto
The Widow
Approved Character

Elf, Cor'hm

« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2007, 06:43:43 AM »

I have put my description up in the original post.

"I'm tired and you're in my way"

~Isoto~
Helvl
The Cold Pilgrim
Approved Character

Half-Elf, Korweynite/ Karrhem

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2007, 01:29:27 PM »

Hmmm.. Great Idea!  And you just gave me an idea! The Mages Council  ;) to oppose you mercenaries!  LOL

"Twice now that I have turned my back, there will be no third"
"Helvl Ypheren"
Niccoli Faust
Pal'ran
Approved Character

Elf, Sanhorrhim

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2007, 03:05:31 PM »

*hopes that was sarcasm*
I've got a character or two that might fit in here...
Isoto
The Widow
Approved Character

Elf, Cor'hm

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2007, 06:28:47 AM »

I don't mean to sound pushy or anything, and I understand that Mods and Admins have alot on their plate.

However I would like to have even a little feed back, a yes, or a no, or even a we haven't quite got to it on our agenda so just wait a bit longer. Anything to assure me that its not going unnoticed.

I don't want that to sound ill, but I really don't want this idea to fade out. So please just leave something, anything will be fine.

~Thanks, Isoto~

~Isoto~
Kalna Mrnwn
Bringer of Song and Dreams
Admin

Elf, Mlad'rhm/ Injern

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2007, 06:32:26 AM »

Right now, I am trying to write up a Story Guide... so bear with me. I haven't forgotten about the stories in waiting.

And Mina and myself are the only ones able to approve stories. No mods in the picture in this area
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 06:33:16 AM by Kalna Mrnwn » Logged

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Lady Kalina
Isoto
The Widow
Approved Character

Elf, Cor'hm

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2007, 06:40:30 AM »

Thank you very much Kalina, and I wasn't trying to imply that the pace needed to be picked up, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't forgotten.

So please take your time, now that I know I am still in your thoughts I will wait as long as needed.

~Thank you again, Isoto~

~Isoto~
Twn Arerwn
Melancholy Mage
CD Mod

Elf, Iferhm

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2007, 01:11:23 AM »

Maybe the writeup of the mercenaries base of operations would help to define things a bit better. Alot of merchants, musicians and entertainers follow these types of bands to fulfill a multitude of functions. Musicians, mages and such are also very useful for various endeavors. Talents such as these can gain players access to many places your common warriors could not. Well that is my 2 sans, hope they help this great idea gain a foothold.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 01:12:26 AM by Twn Arerwn » Logged

he pe e pon the rowd ike a ragon, ncient and u o eath
Kalna Mrnwn
Bringer of Song and Dreams
Admin

Elf, Mlad'rhm/ Injern

« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2007, 04:25:15 AM »

Ok, the Story Guide Format is up Isoto, so if you could adjust your proposal to that, it would help and I will get to the stories asap.

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Lady Kalina
Isoto
The Widow
Approved Character

Elf, Cor'hm

« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2007, 03:04:36 AM »

alrighty, anything else need to be done Kalina. If not Ill just kick back and wait.

~Isoto~
Vesk Lyricahl
Woeful Rover
Admin

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #24 on: Today at 05:22:58 AM »

Isoto, I have a couple more comments about your story here.

First, your rules. Are the rules meant to be in character or out of character? If they're just in character and thus breakable, then they're fine. But if they're not meant to be broken whatsoever, then I take issue with two of them in particular. First, you cannot absolutely make a character obey a direct order, to do so would possibly force them to act out of character. Second, your rule about trying not to get killed worries me. I want to be sure that you're aware that you cannot kill a character without his player's permission. Again, if these are only meant to be in character, then no worries.

Second, the focus of the story itself. Naturally it will be on warrior type characters, but I think even so the story focuses too much on them. You need more roles for non-combatants than just the option to help out at the base. It is no fun to sit around the base as all the warriors go off into the field. Are there no non-combat roles you can think of in the field? One option would be to allow characters to act as the people hiring your mercenaries, or even just someone they encounter out in the field.

Isoto
The Widow
Approved Character

Elf, Cor'hm

« Reply #25 on: Today at 07:06:41 AM »

Hello Vesk,

First off the rules are for in character only, the only OOC rules are the typical ten commandments of RPing. So no fears there.

And secondly, yes the story is primarily geared towards fighters but when I say non combatants I mean someone who has no skills what so ever. Ex would be the Selmic brothers, they cant fight but they make great scouts. And since some of the missions require stealth over bronze there will be a bigger opening for those not skilled with combat abilities.

Also the base will be as, in not more lively than missions. I intend to always have something going on. For example Petros is going to head up a arts school. If wanted any player can take on the role of any of my NPCs or replace an NPC with their own Character. But I will try my best to make sure everyone gets the same amount of role playing, to the best of my abilities.

~Isoto~
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Members
Total Members: 15582
Latest: checko18
Stats
Total Posts: 133940
Total Topics: 4800
Online Today: 37