Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

gfx gfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register    gfx gfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!
Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Army Headquarters  (Read 122 times)
Altario Shialt-eck-Gorrin
Adventurer
Story Mod

Human, Remusian

« on: October 07, 2007, 10:12:58 PM »

Graviaro Griffyn-fey-Grau, Griffon's Claw, sat at his desk, a scowl over his face as he flipped through the pile of repots on his desk.  He hated this part of the job; the administrative duties.  He was a soldier, dammit, not some scribe.  Give him a sword, not a quill.

He reached for the mug of water on his desk, which was empty.  He set it down.  "Xannech!"  his big voice boomed.

The young aide hurried into the office of his superior, nervousness spread about his face, as he found himself flustered before his commander.  "Y- yes sir?"

Graviaro scowled.  Why were new aides always so nervous around him?  It made them damn near useless.  "Get me some more water.  And where is Shialt-eck-Gorrin?"

"Uhm, which one, sir?"

Graviaro brought a thick fingered hand to his temple and started to massage the stress from his brain.  "Which one do you think?  Altario!  Where is he?"  If nothing else, he could pawn off some of this work on the Captain.  Damn fine time to take a vacation!  Still, the man was very much a family man, and they did have a young child.  With as valuable as he was here, he deserved a bit of a rest now and again, though Graviaro hated to admit it.

The young aide blanched.  "I do not know yet, sir.  I have sent word to the gates that when he shows he is to come here at your bequest."

Graviaro grunted.  Not satisfactory, but it would have to do.  "Why do I have no reports from the scouts to the west?"

"You have all the reports, sir.  Captain Shialt-eck-Gorrins brother, and Master Kellian have not reported back yet."

Scouts.  So damn unpredictable.  But, it went with the job.  It is what made them good at what they did.  They were loners; men with no real agenda other than to be on their own.  They could never be part of a cohesive fighting force.  For that, you needed discipline.  He waved the young aide away.  But as the young man hurried away, Graviaro sighed.  "Xanneck!  My water!"
« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 06:28:39 PM by Altario Shialt-eck-Gorrin » Logged

My Favorite Cartoon Quotes.
"It was a dark and stormy night...." Snoopy
"Ack!!!!" Bill the Cat
"I did not have sex with THAT woman, Monica Lewinsky" President Bill Clinton
My Character can be viewed @
Anjolina Jolie's house but knock first in case I'm in my underwear.
Adventurer
Story Mod

Human, Remusian

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2007, 02:36:45 AM »

Lieutenant Xannech

He had managed to get the water for the general, who of course was grumpy again.  What a general had to be grumpy about he didn't know.  Generals had it easy.  Now, lieutenants, they had it tough.  Enlisted men had no respect for them, because they were young with no experience, and other officers had no respect because they were at the bottom of the ladder.  As he walked, mug of water in one hand, reports in the other, he spotted a stranger at his desk.  No ordinary stranger, this man was not Remusian military.  In fact, he wasn't a man.  He was one of those elves, one of those Coor'hem.  Xannech shivered.   Weren't they evil?

He neared the desk, fingers trembling, causing the water in the mug to slosh over the rim.  He tried to steady it with the other hand, but papers and the mug slipped, creating a mess on his otherwise pristine desk.  "Oh dear, the general's gonna kill me."  He stared balefully at the mess, and tried to pull the most important papers from the water.

Having rescued what he could, he glanced at the dark elf.  This had to be Graviaro's new military adviser.  He had read his file, what there was of it, anyhow.   It was pretty sketchy.  But if this elf was the new military aide, what was Captain Altario going to do?  He liked Captain Altario, for the senior officer always treated him kindly.  Even after that unfortunate incident where he accidentally set fire to the Captain's military dress tunic.  Most officers would have resented him for that.

"Y- you must be Isoto?  The general wasn't expecting you today, but I'll see if he will see you."  Xannech coloured a deep karikrimson, as he realized the reason the General wasn't expecting Isoto today was because he had forgotten to inform the general.  He was in so much trouble.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 02:39:04 AM by Altario Shialt-eck-Gorrin » Logged

"Ack!!!!" Bill the Cat
Isoto
The Widow
Approved Character

Elf, Coór'hém

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2007, 04:07:26 AM »

Isoto patiently await for a Lieutenant Xannech as he was ordered. As Isoto stood waiting for the man he couldn’t help but laugh to himself. He hadn’t been given orders in centuries but what was an elf to do.

It was then Isoto heard footsteps, quickly regaining his composer Isoto straightens his posture. Isoto watches as a gentleman bumbling around with some documents and a mug of water. He watched as the man noticed Isoto’s presence and shivered. Isoto smirked “Perhaps my reputation precedes me.”

Isoto calmly watched as the poor man fumbles around and drops the mug and the papers. The man bent down trying to salvage what he could, as he gathered the papers he gave Isoto a look over. This man had a lot on his mind, and with the circumstances Isoto could not blame him.

"Y- you must be Isoto?  The general wasn't expecting you today, but I'll see if he will see you."

“Aye I am Isoto of the Coorhem, but if the General is busy I will be more than happy to come back at a more convenient time.” Isoto had no intentions of creating ripples with any one, especially the General. The last thing he needed was an enemy among allies.

"I'm tired and you're in my way"

~Isoto~
Adventurer
Story Mod

Human, Remusian

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007, 10:53:50 AM »

Lieutenant Xannech

“Aye I am Isoto of the Coorhem, but if the General is busy I will be more than happy to come back at a more convenient time.”

Xannech blanched.  "No!  I mean, the General does want to see you," he added under his breath, " he just doesn't know it yet."  How could he have forgotten this?  He could just see his next assignment as following a cavalry column with a bucket and a scoop and scraping horse manure off the ice to hide their trail.

He shook his head.  No, that couldn't happen, could it?  He poked his head into the general's office.  "Excuse me sir, but have someone to introduce to you.  He's, uhm, well he's your new aide-de-camp.... sir.... now that Sir Altario is getting promoted."  Kor'och's grace, he wished the captain were here.  "May I present Isoto, of the Coor'hem."   He retrieved his head from the doorway and hurriedly waved the elf into the general's office. 

Maybe if the general were distracted, he would be safe from horse pucky.

"Ack!!!!" Bill the Cat
Simonne Miller
Meddling Herbalist
Story Mod

Human, Caltharian

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2007, 11:45:59 AM »

Graviaro looked up when the door opened again, expecting Xannech to bring him his water. Instead, he said he wanted to introduce a new aide-the-camp. Ah? And why hadn't he been told he would meet this person before he was actually standing behind the door, waiting to be let in? And a Coor'hem, no less. He might live in a far corner of the world, but he knew the Coor'hem reputation. It couldn't hurt to meet the guy, he guessed, but he'd keep a sharp eye on him.

Xannech, now, was another story entirely. Forgetting to bring his water wasn't that great an offense, but accidentally not mentioning something like who would be his new aide, that couldn't be left unnoticed. He'd have a hearty word with him later. He was about to tell him as much, but he'd quickly disappeared and ushered the elf inside. Ah, well. It wasn't as though he'd actually do anything to him, he quite liked the guy. But there was no reason to let him know that just yet. Let him be afraid for his hide and his easy post for a while. Then he thought of something. "Xannech! My water!" he boomed at the closed door. He was confident his voice could be heard quite clearly on the other side.

Then he turned his attention to the elf in front of him. First he looked him up and down. At first sight not very impressive. Smaller and slenderer than he was himself. The guy can probably fit into me twice... he thought. Pale skin, black hair. But there was something in his stance that betrayed the warrior he actually was. Graviaro's wide mouth stretched into a smile. "Well, welcome then. What brings an elf to our cold land and into my service? The volume of his voice was only slightly lower than when he'd called after his lieutenant. It was quite clear he was much more used to barking commands in the open air than being closed into his office with a lot of papers.

Youth is the gift of nature, but age is a work of art...

Simonne Miller
Isoto
The Widow
Approved Character

Elf, Coór'hém

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2007, 12:28:54 AM »

Isoto watched as the General looked him over, more than likely he was questioning Isoto’s ability as a warrior. Isoto didn’t blame him, next to the General Isoto looked like a twig.

"Well, welcome then. What brings an elf to our cold land and into my service?

Isoto shifted his weight and with a half cocked smile said. “To be honest, because between you and me general I hate liars,” this was true; liars were the same as traitors in Isoto’s book, “my being here was more accidental than anything. My profession is that of a Warrior; I don’t fight for money; I don’t fight for glory; I fight to kill. So one could say the war drew me here like a moth to a flame.” Isoto paused and felt like he wasn’t qite answering the general’s question, so redirecting him self, “I heard about the enemy; I have dealt with their kind before, I know their language and I know their tactics. I was brought here to aide you and that I will do. So General if you don’t mind I would prefer to get to work right away.”

Isoto finished and felt like he had been a little on the blunt side, but again they were at war and small talk wasn’t Isoto’s strong point. Isoto stared at the general awaiting his response. Isoto watched the mans eyes, because eyes were incapable of lies, and Isoto hated liars.

"I'm tired and you're in my way"

~Isoto~
Adventurer
Story Mod

Human, Remusian

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2007, 10:43:58 AM »

Altario stepped into the army headquarters and taking off his mittens, brushed the snow from his leggings and boots.   He relished the warmth here, out of the wind.  He looked around and sighed.  Though he loved this place, and could not imagine his life without being an essential part of it, it would take him a few days before he could stop hurting with desire to be at home, arms wrapped about Riztalyanna's nude form at night, and Nayriss bouncing on his knee during the day.  It was a dichotomy that played havoc with his emotions.

He spotted the young lieutenant, Xannech, getting water from a bucket of frozen ice.  He smiled to himself.  He liked Xannech, though the young man was nearly useless in most endeavors.  Still,...  "I assume that is for the general?  I'll take it to him, as I'm sure he has already bellowed for me already."  He winked good naturedly at the lieutenant.

"Yes, sir.  I mean, no, sir."  Xannech could already feel himself getting flustered.  "The general is with someone, sir"   He looked about conspiratorilly, seeing who else might be listening.  Finally he blurted out.  "It is one of those Coor'hem!"

What?  A dark Coor'hem, here?  What would a dark elf want with the general.  "What is this all about, Xannech, and all of it."  There was a strength in his voice that demonstrated how serious he was taking this.

Xannech paniced.  How could he once again foul things up? "It's his new aide de camp, sir."

"Xannech, I'm the general's aide."

"Not anymore, sir."  Why was it him that always got embroiled in these situations?

Altario was stunned.   How could this be?  And why?  He no longer cared if the general was busy or not, he was going in there and demand some answers.  "Give me that!"  He snatched the mug of water from the junior officer and with determined effort, stormed towards the general's office.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 10:47:07 AM by Altario Shialt-eck-Gorrin » Logged

"Ack!!!!" Bill the Cat
Simonne Miller
Meddling Herbalist
Story Mod

Human, Caltharian

« Reply #7 on: Yesterday at 12:01:07 PM »

Graviaro listened to the elf's words with a twinkle in his eyes. "Ha!" he boomed, unable to get his voice down to an acceptable level. "I like your style, elf. Since you're so eager to start work, why don't you go up to the Western Gate. I'm expecting a scout to return, Denrykmar Shialt-eck-Gorrin. Go and see if he's arrived already, I expected him earlier. Dismissed."

Just as Isoto left the office, another man marched in, a glass of water in his hand. The two met at the door. Graviaro leaned back to see who would make way for who; his old aide Altario for the new one, or the elf for the newly promoted commander of the City's cavalry. A smile flickered across his face. Altario seemed angry. Quite likely, he had heard of his replacement, though not yet of his promotion.

Youth is the gift of nature, but age is a work of art...

Simonne Miller
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Members
Total Members: 15712
Latest: jt
Stats
Total Posts: 134477
Total Topics: 4818
Online Today: 26
Online Ever: 216