Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

gfx gfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register    gfx gfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!
Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

- THE CD FORUM POSTICON SYSTEM -

Below is a summary on the posticons used for the character description approval process. The posticon of the first post should always be edited according to the current state of completion of the character description (either by the player, a Moderator or an Administrator).
1) PLAYER - CD is incomplete. Use this posticon if you have not finished your CD.  4) MODERATOR - CD has been approved by one moderator. A second mod's approval is needed.
 2) PLAYER - CD is completed. Use this if you have finished working on your CD.  5) MODERATOR - CD has been approved by two moderators. An Administrator should soon take care of the titling.
 3) MODERATOR - An expert's opinion is needed. The specific field in which the expert's help is needed should be added to the title.  6) ADMINISTRATOR - An administrator has titled the character, and the thread will soon be moved to the CD Archives.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Tari Vardamir/ Ylfferhim/ wanderer  (Read 77 times)
Tarí Vardamir
New Santharian

« on: January 22, 2008, 06:26:05 AM »

Name: Tari Vardimir

Race: Elf

Tribe: Ylfferhim

Title: Wanderering artist

Height: 1 ped, 2 fores and a nailsbreadth

Hair Colour: Strawberry blonde

Eye Colour: One Blue, the other green

Physical Appearance: Appearing about 21 years old, Tari’s frame is slender yet is full of hidden strength. She is pale, with a well defined face and wide vague eyes. Her eyes are by far the strangest thing about her, given that her right eye is a dark blue and the other a sea green. Her hair falls long, wavy and windswept around her shoulders, giving her a slightly untidy and wild look.

On her left forearm a jagged crimson scar runs down it, as a result of an accident in Tari’s childhood. There is also a smaller scar on her left ankle, from the same incident.

Tari has a tattoo of twisting vine on her right shoulder and upper arm, representing her love for nature. She bears two earrings on her left ear, one a small stud embossed with sapphire and the other silver shaped like a small, delicate leaf. Tari always wears a flower pendant left by her father for her on a leather string around her neck.

Clothing: Since Tari spends a lot of time out in the forest, she wears simple and comfortable clothes. These mainly consist of a dark green tunic and black pants and well worn boots. She also wears a cape with a hood belonging to her mother of a natural green, with leaves stitched delicately along the edge.

When it is necessary for Tari to dress up a bit more, she wears a blue dress, also belonging to her mother. It is soft and not too fancy, just the may Tari likes it.

Personality: Tari is usually shy when she meets knew people, though when you get to know her she possesses quite a vibrant personality. She disapproves of people who kill for pleasure. She is patient, seeing as sometimes she sits there for hours doing a single painting. Tari can be slightly rebellious at times, especially is someone wants her to do something disagrees with. She sometimes gets annoyed when people comment on her freakish eyes in a disapproving way, though the only time she was ever really angry was when she met her father.

Strengths:
- Her patience. It’s a good thing to have, especially when you sit there for hours on end painting.
- Her artistic ability. This is the only way she earns in income of money.
- Her navigation abilities in the forest, so she never gets lost, unless she is new to a certain area.
-Her ability with her long knife. When she uses them, she uses them like a well accomplished swordsman.

Weaknesses:
- Her slightly rebellious personality. Sometimes it gets her in trouble. Like when she was a child, and she went to far from Drwsyl and ended up getting hurt.
- Her eyes. They draw unwanted attention and sometimes insults on her travels. Not many people have eyes of different colours.

History: Tari was born in Drwsyl. Her mother died giving birth to her, so she was left in the care of her father. Her father, a hunter, was devastated by the loss of his wife so fled, leaving her in the care of Tari’s aunt, Nienna.

Tari grew up always knowing about her parents. All she had left was some off her mothers clothes and a flower pendant that was found by her cot when her father left. She was disgusted at the very thought of her father leaving her.

“Why did he leave me?” asked a young and curious Tari.
“He couldn’t bear the lose of your mother. You look just like her,” replied her aunt.
“Then he is a coward. He should hope he never meets me.”

Tari lived most of her younger life with her aunt Nienna and her cousin Nátulcien. She and Nát (as she called her cousin) would spend many an hour playing in the forest, pretending to be warriors or explorers. They never wandered far from Drwsyl, though Tari longed too. One day she persuaded Nát to come with her to a new place she had found. They came to a cluster of rocks, which Tari proudly named ‘her fort’. They played for a while, not realizing how unstable the formation was. Tari stood on the highest point, when a rock underneath dislodged itself, sending Tari down with it. Her arm was cut open and she got a lesser cut on her ankle. Nát was lucky to escape with a cut little finger and ran back for help.

Not to be shadowed by this accident, Tari continued to explore the forest for many years. She began to discover her talent in art so she would spend ages out doing paintings. One day she left her aunt to go exploring and painting into deeper parts of the woods. She would of

One day she came to Aer'ylferian. She was staying at an inn when an elf approached her.

“You face is familiar. Exactly like your mothers,” he said.
“Are you my father?” Tari asked suspiciously.
“Why yes, I am Séreméla Vardamir.”

Tari dived across the table in an obvious rage. Her father was shocked as he watched his screaming daughter be pulled off him by other customers.

“How could you leave me? If you loved my mother you would have stayed. You should have raised me like you daughter. i am no longer your daughter. I never was your daughter. You should haved loved me, embraced me in you laughter. Instead you left me in your shadow,” spat Tari in disgust, before throwing off the elves holding her and storming out. She ran out of the town and into the forest before collapsing and crying her heart out, clutching the flower pendant around her neck, which, unbeknown to her had been left by her father.

Weapons: Tari carries a long knife and a smaller dagger, which she seldom uses, though when she does, she is quite skilled with them.

Belongings: She always carries a leather bag slung over shoulder, carrying her parchment, and paints, pens and food.

Familiars: a tree Dragonfly Lizard that Tari has named Órelindë. She is often found zooming round Tari's head or resting on her shoulder. Tari found her lying injured on the ground and nursed her back to health.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 08:10:31 AM by Tarí Vardamir » Logged

"Instead you left me in your shadow" Tari Vardamir
Tarí Vardamir
New Santharian

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 06:27:25 AM »

Ok people, please start commenting!  grin
I'm relatively new to Santharia so please point out if i've done something wrong

Kalína Mërénwèn
Bringer of Song and Dreams
Admin

Elf, Mélad'rhím/ Injerín

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 08:36:04 AM »

Are you finished writing it and ready for comments? If so, you will want to use the exclamation point posticon.

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Lady Kalina
Rookie Brownbark
Skydiver
Approved Character

Brownie, Llaoihrr

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 05:46:49 PM »

We normally ask for  at least 2-3 sentences to explain every strength and weakness.  This makes it clear how much they affect your character.  :)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 05:47:10 PM by Rookie Brownbark » Logged

Tarí Vardamir
New Santharian

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2008, 10:14:44 AM »

Ok i'll see what i can do

Twén Aråerwén
Melancholy Mage
CD Mod

Elf, Ifer’hém

« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 02:38:46 AM »

Hello Tari and welcome to Santharia! The Ylfferhim happen to be one of my favorite tribes and you have a wonderful start on such a noble character. Let's get down to getting things all in order so you can RP. My comments shall be in the ever-ugly color: Orange

If she sells her paintings for profit when needed, then her Occupation would be artist/painter.

Strengths:
- Her patience. It’s a good thing to have. Citing some examples of how this has helped her in the past would really help to flesh this out as a strength.
- Her artistic ability. That's not really a great strength, but it's a good ability, earning her only income of money. Artistic ability is a great strength! I know a few artists that would not have what they have without such an extraordinary skill. Especially when it is the one that keeps you fed. ;)
- Her navigation abilities in the forest, so she never gets lost, unless she is new to a certain area.

Weaknesses:
- Her slightly rebellious personality. Sometimes it gets her in trouble. Giving a few examples of how this has been detrimental for her in the past would really help weigh this as a weakness.
- Her eyes. They draw unwanted attention and sometimes insults. Not many people have eyes of different colours. This is an interesting weakness and I can see how it would come into play while traveling. Yet amongst her people, elves would never be insulting over this abnormality. Possibly the character feels a personal level of discomfort over it? Or has only recently become aware of other races views about the matter? Elves are not just humans with pointy ears, they view the world entirely different.
- Her hatred for her father. As you will see in Tari's history, she went into an over-the-top rage when she met him. This would come into play so rarely in an adventure that it really does not weigh as a weakness. Unless somehow this anger seeps into everyday life, occasionally.

You also have a long knife and dagger listed in her possessions. If she can use these effectively some mention must be made in her strengths. If she has no ability with them at all then how you have them listed is fine.

I hope my comments aid you in being titled soon. If you have any questions please feel free to ask them here as there are many willing to help you. I changed the icon to the pencil while you make edits, please return it to the exclamation mark when you are finished and ready for more comments.
~Sincerely~
Cáo cár'tuulenís:Twen Araerwen

•º•†he §pe££ ƒe££ Üpon the Çrowd £ike a Ðragon, Åncient and ƒu££ oƒ Ðeath•º•
Twén Aråerwén's CD•º•CD Creation Help•º•FAQs•º•Elf Age Calculator
Tarí Vardamir
New Santharian

« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 08:12:09 AM »

Thanks I've edited what you suggested.   grin
Please tell me if theres anything else that needs editing

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print