Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

gfx gfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register    gfx gfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!
Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Umm, just a minor question  (Read 161 times)
Arnelianra
New Santharian

« on: May 25, 2008, 02:32:55 PM »

Well, I'm trying to create a character but I'm having slight problems with her history.
And I'm wondering if it would be o.k. that she (I'm thinking of making her thief/Lev.1 Illusionist/Lev.1 fire Mage or is that too much?) postpones her studies and rather goes to see the world?

Thanks in front.

And yet....all I seek are dreams.
Kalína Mërénwèn
Bringer of Song and Dreams
Admin

Elf, Mélad'rhím/ Injerín

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 03:18:31 PM »

Like a Mancati?

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Lady Kalina
Arnelianra
New Santharian

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 04:44:15 PM »

I'm afraid that I don't know who a Mancati is No idea Would you be so kind to explain it to me (I've searched for it's meaning, but all I found about it that it is categorized in miscellaneous titles)?
 I'm completely new to rpg (at least in English language) and I still need to go through some things (in dictionary), so I ask for some patience.

Azhira
Thievish Wind
CD Mod

Human, Sor’inyt

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2008, 04:46:23 PM »

I think maybe she means a Macanti...or fake mage.

"May the wind be at your back...and your coin be in my capable hands."
Mannix
Ranger of Shadow
Mini-mod

Elf, Aellenrhim

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2008, 04:51:26 PM »

You should be able to drop out of the academy and 'explore the world' otherwise all the mages would have to RPG in the academy.

Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
Mannix Vaelos ~ Character Creation Help ~ FAQs ~ Restrictions
Arnelianra
New Santharian

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2008, 05:07:13 PM »

Thank you! It explains a lot. And to answer the question
Like a Mancati?

Though it only looks like that, she isn't a Mancati.
She has base knowledge of magic (she had studied for 2 years, perhaps a bit more to learn it) and she had learned enough to be a level one fire mage (so she does have magic powers in contrast with a Mancati-Swindler) but she uses this power to 'pull a trick'  which distracts attention and gives her opportunity to steal. 

You should be able to drop out of the academy and 'explore the world' otherwise all the mages would have to RPG in the academy.
Now I feel rather stupid (how couldn't I see that? Shocked). Logic ain't my best side. Thank you all. I think I got the general idea for writing her history.

Angela
The Elf Huntress
Approved Character

Human, Korweynite

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2008, 05:48:58 PM »

Illusion is more of a property of wind although fire could be used to create illusions as well.

Anyway, level 1-3 mages are capable of strenghtening or weakining the bonds between the ounia, however a level 1 won't be able to do complex spells. However, for a nice CD that is a thief and uses magic to gain advantage I recommend reading Azhira's CD Her character uses wind magic to help her steal. I know its wind not fire but still it would give you a couple of ideas for sure!

Azhira, hope you don't mind :)

Arnelianra
New Santharian

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2008, 06:59:38 PM »

Illusion is more of a property of wind although fire could be used to create illusions as well.

At first I though to make it like that (fire used for illusions) but when I started writing her description I realised the same thing you pointed out.
 After giving this some though on this, I'm reconsidering using fire only as a distraction (''look at the pretty sparkles while I steal from you'') or just dropping the idea of making my character a thief (I honestly don't know. Thief is one of my favourite fantasy jobs but there are many others I'd love to try)

Anyway, level 1-3 mages are capable of strenghtening or weakining the bonds between the ounia, however a level 1 won't be able to do complex spells. However, for a nice CD that is a thief and uses magic to gain advantage I recommend reading Azhira's CD Her character uses wind magic to help her steal. I know its wind not fire but still it would give you a couple of ideas for sure!
Azhira, hope you don't mind :)
Wow. Beautiful description (one of many- I looked around a bit to get few ideas). I doubt I will ever reach this rank of writting, but this surely inspires!

Azhira
Thievish Wind
CD Mod

Human, Sor’inyt

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2008, 02:51:43 AM »

Not a problem at all, Angela! I hope this helps a bit, Arnelianra. Everyone here knows that writing a good CD takes work and it doesn't always come as easily as we would like. No worries, though. Everyone here is quite friendly and will help you as much as we can to get you approved and playing in no time!  :D :D

"May the wind be at your back...and your coin be in my capable hands."
Kalína Mërénwèn
Bringer of Song and Dreams
Admin

Elf, Mélad'rhím/ Injerín

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2008, 04:37:35 AM »

A Mancati can actually know magic - read the entire entry. There is a lot of room for improvisation.

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Lady Kalina
Arnelianra
New Santharian

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2008, 04:22:37 PM »

Not a problem at all, Angela! I hope this helps a bit, Arnelianra. Everyone here knows that writing a good CD takes work and it doesn't always come as easily as we would like. No worries, though. Everyone here is quite friendly and will help you as much as we can to get you approved and playing in no time!  :D :D
I have noticed the friendly nature of people around here (it's a nice change. I stopped going on few forums because I have been ignored My Lips are sealed). Thank you.
A Mancati can actually know magic - read the entire entry. There is a lot of room for improvisation.
Sorry. I read it briefly so I could reply.  Roll Eyes I will read it more precisely.

I'd like to thank you all for your help (for now. I will probably ask few questions in future) and your quick replies (that's new to me. I remember, that I had to wait for days on surten pages to get a reply with one sentences).

Ruil Mallister
Valor Conquers
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2008, 07:54:17 PM »

Friendliness and helpfulness are some of the qualities I love most about Santh grin  So if you ever have any questions, feel free to let us know and we'll do our best to help you.  If nobody is on to answer your questions promptly (there are times like this), the IRC usually has at least somebody on who might be able to help you.  Good luck to you!

If my face becomes sincere, beware
And if I start to come undone, stitch me together.
And if you see me strut, remind me of what left this outlaw torn

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[Today at 07:17:36 AM]

[Today at 02:58:19 AM]

[Today at 01:55:24 AM]

[Today at 12:40:01 AM]

[Yesterday at 11:03:57 PM]

[Yesterday at 10:40:38 PM]

by Elise