Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

gfx gfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register    gfx gfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!
Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 6th Hour of Sunblaze Warrior Battle  (Read 1817 times)
Jo
Friendly Assassin
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii

« Reply #150 on: October 12, 2007, 05:30:07 AM »

Isoto laughed and Joey recoiled from him. What was he laughing at? Turning to look into the ring, where Arcuthra and the black haired Kar-ii prepared to fight, Jo took her hand from Chingu. There were good reasons she did not allow herself to become so connected, she mused. Very good reasons indeed.

However, her eyes softened again as she listened to her friend recounted the way he was brought up and the reasoning for his clan being the way it was. When he finished, he said in conclusion, “So Jo, in all truth, my strength left me..the day my men were slaughtered. So here I am, only a shell of who I was, just looking for someone precious. Some one I can die for.”

Sighing a little, Joey really did not understand. She was starting to feel her age in comparison to his. She was merely seventeen, and knew nothing of this elf beside
her. She knew he had skin pale like her own, striking hair and dark eyes. She knew he had a companion, so he mustn’t be unbearable, and now she knew he was in search of something that could possibly be unattainable, at least in her own eyes.

”And this will redeem your mistake?” Joey asked this carefully, not asking in a spiteful way, but more curious. Her voice was soft, but had an edge of discomfort. They were both being extremely frank, something the girl was not used to. Jo lifted a slender arm to run her fingers along the nape of her neck where her Rover tattoo lay. The Rovers were tight knit, as were the Kasumarii people, both nomadic and travelers by nature. However, Joey had felt only a survival instinct with them, nothing else.

No urge to die for any of her kinsmen had overcome her, simply the intuitive will to stay alive and disregard others. Perhaps that was her own doing that led her in that direction. Perhaps her kinsmen would have died for her all along. Jo looked at Isoto again, and gave a smile in return this time.

"It is in this solitude that we discover ... we are worth more than the result of our efforts."
miss Jo.
Khel
Unbound Rogue
Story Mod

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #151 on: October 12, 2007, 06:04:07 AM »

Nogra Ungorra

Nogra gathered the Kasumarii's name as the orc Arcuthra entered the ring. Looking glowingly from Vincent to the orc, Nogra was delighted. Each year at the Festival only got better! He loved every battle. Clearing his throat, Nogra bellowed louder than normal in his excitement, "Onlookers! Prepare for a battle between the infamous Kar-ii and the dangerous orcs! It shall indeed be worth staying to observe. May I introduce Vincent and Arcuthra!" As the crowd cheered, Nogra lowered his voice and addressed the contestants, looking at each meaningfully, "Remember, men, only to first blood or until one of you yields. when I leave the ring you may begin."

Nogra sauntered from the ring, a little more showy than normal, but bubbling with renewed excitement. Ahhh, a day at the fair, such fun and excitement. Grinning as the crowd's applause died down, Nogra turned back toward the ring seated himself.

(ooc: you know the drill, three posts each, then wait until you recieve a pm of the outcome. We will judge you based on your skill, the quality of your posts, and a random (luck) roll. Afterwards will be two more posts each indicating the outcome of the battle. Happy fighting!)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 06:05:17 AM by Khel » Logged

..tell me your heart doesn't race for a hurricane or a burning building. -asw
Your pal, Khel
Isoto
The Widow
Approved Character

Elf, Coór'hém

« Reply #152 on: October 12, 2007, 05:11:12 PM »

Isoto smiled at Jo as she said ”And this will redeem your mistake   Isoto was somewhat taken aback by this. He was never trying to redeem himself.

“Jo, what I transpired was unforgivable, and I accept that. So know I look forward, my search…I’m looking for someone to protect. But the fact is it works both ways, I will only truly devote myself to someone who will protect me.” Isoto spoke earnestly and honestly, he had never opened up to anyone. He even surprised himself with the things he was saying. He wanted to keep his mouth shut, to go back before he started blathering on but for some reason he couldn’t, but perhaps even stranger he didn’t really mind. “That is my true search; I am searching for some one who will become precious to me.” Isoto smiled at Jo. He had no clue what she thought of him, her face expressed many emotions and Isoto was at a loss for what each one meant.

He wondered if she still respected him as much as she had a few moments ago. The thought hit Isoto hard, he no clue why but he suddenly found himself caring what she thought of him. As Isoto wondered he smiled and relaxed, and reaching out for Chingu he began to pat his head.

"I'm tired and you're in my way"

~Isoto~
Jo
Friendly Assassin
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii

« Reply #153 on: October 13, 2007, 01:58:18 AM »

Pondering what the elf said, Joey looked at him curiously. Unforgivable? Jo highly doubted that. However, Isoto seemed to be convinced, and Jo let the issue drop. He seemed completely immersed in the connections Joey lacked. Of course, he had over two hundred years to learn, and she was only seventeen. “That is my true search; I am searching for some one who will become precious to me.” He said, and smiled at her. He seemed to relax a little, and Jo was glad he seemed so comfortable around her. For a moment she was regretful she had even asked about redemption at all, but she pushed the entire thing aside and smiled brightly at him.

"And have you not had a wife or children throughout your life to fight for?" Joey asked this out of complete curiosity, looking from Chingu to master and back again. Hastily, in case he wished to ignore that subject as well, Jo asked, "Let's walk about the fair a little while we talk. I'm hungry." It was less of a question than a request for him to follow her. Her stomach rumbled unhappily, but her purse was quite full. She could buy Isoto and even Chingu enough food to fill their bellies. And if not, they could take a look about at the other events the Festival had to offer.

"It is in this solitude that we discover ... we are worth more than the result of our efforts."
miss Jo.
Isoto
The Widow
Approved Character

Elf, Coór'hém

« Reply #154 on: October 13, 2007, 04:41:10 AM »

Isoto once again found him self oddly comfortable in Jo’s presence. He found her smile to be very warming and pleasant.

"And have you not had a wife or children throughout your life to fight for?" Jo almost seemed to want to avoid the question, or maybe she was giving him an out, if he so desired to take it, because she quickly said "Let's walk about the fair a little while we talk. I'm hungry."

Isoto smiled, he was know back in control of his feelings and did not mind such a question. Isoto lowered his voice. “Everyone I knew was burned alive.” Isoto left it at that. He had lowered his voice no out of sorrow, but more in respect. While he was sadden by the fact, and as he proved earlier it sometimes showed, but Isoto learned that he couldn’t live in ever lasting sorrow. He realized that life does go on and that he must live on. Looking back at Jo Isoto once again smiled as he said. “and as for food, I would love some. Im quite famished too.” Whistling for Chingu Isoto began to walk from the arena. Isoto, looking back, wondered if he would miss any fighting but looking at Jo he realized that he didn’t care. He was more focused on having lunch with his new friend.

~Isoto~
Jo
Friendly Assassin
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii

« Reply #155 on: October 14, 2007, 02:07:45 AM »

Joey tried to ignore Isoto's previous comment. Burned? How? And why? Joey frowned thoughtfully, but Isoto's voice seemed light enough and she let it go at that.  “and as for food, I would love some. Im quite famished too.” He began walking away from the Ring, whistling for Chingu, and as the wolf followed Jo grinned and jogged to catch up, moonblades swinging at her hips. Pointing a slender arm to the north, Jo suggested, "Perhaps we should head up to the tilting field first, I haven't looked around the Festival at all. Then we'll circle around to the food tents. By that time Lastflame will be upon us." Jo smiled and watched Chingu as he walked with Isoto.

Weird having a companion. Waiting on them, asking them for input. Joey had always made her own decisions, even leaving the Rovers was easy for her, she made up her mind and simply left. Watching the pair now, she realized they would have to look out for each other. She also realized Chingu might not live as long as Isoto, and it saddened Jo to think that once again this elf who so needed connections would be without.

"So! What kinda foods you like?" Joey asked this to lighten the mood, if nothing else. However, it would be useful to know what type of foods they would be wanting once they reached the vendor's tents. Approaching the tilting field, Joey saw the event going on there--Jousting! She had never attempted it, but she had seen it done once or twice in her seventeen years. Looked fairly simple, but Jo had the notion it was not.

miss Jo.
Garret Arroway
The Wolfling
Approved Character

Human, Helcrani

« Reply #156 on: October 14, 2007, 06:07:10 AM »

Garret stood and brushed himself off. Shaking what seemed to be a mountain of dirt of out his hair and cloths. He grinned as he looked at the circle of dirt that seemed to accumulate around him. Then he looked down at Shadowfoot who was now coated in a thin layer. Garret couldn't help but laugh as he knelt next to Shadowfoot and dusted him off.

"Well let's find something to do," Garret said as he looked around. He noticed the man that Kaldez had went to sit with had gotten up and headed toward the ring to battle. Garret stood and walked over to the stands where Kaldez sat.

"Mind if I have a seat?" Garret asked Kaldez. The large fighter grinning.

Diffrent roads sometimes lead to the same castle.
Kaldez’Yadra
The Searcher
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii

« Reply #157 on: October 14, 2007, 06:26:08 AM »

Kaldez watched vincent appraoch the ring with an orc, not the one form earlier though This should be interesting, i am quit happy i do not share much of the prejudice of my people towards those interesting creatures. Kaldez watched as garret approached him saying "Mind if I have a seat?" Kaldez gestured towards the stairs "Of course not Garret have a seat, what, may i ask, is you wolf's name?" Kaldez said looking at the wolf with curiosity, something he did not usualy show, or let show at least.

Nothing is impossible for impossibility is impossible- Kaldez'Yadra
Garret Arroway
The Wolfling
Approved Character

Human, Helcrani

« Reply #158 on: October 14, 2007, 06:36:40 AM »

"Of course not Garret have a seat," Kaldez said gesturing to the stairs, "what, may I ask, is you wolf's name?"

"Thanks," Garret said sitting down, "his names Shadowfoot."

Garret grinned down at the wolf and ruffled the beasts fur. Geesssh its only been a year together now, Garret thought, feels like forever. He remembered finding the pup and raising him, that all seeming so long ago.

Kaldez’Yadra
The Searcher
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii

« Reply #159 on: October 14, 2007, 05:59:31 PM »

Kaldez watched Garret smile at Shadowfoot, probably thinking about something. "May i?" Kaldez said reaching out a hand towards the wolf. "Where did you two find each other huh? and hows your shoulder Garret?"

Garret Arroway
The Wolfling
Approved Character

Human, Helcrani

« Reply #160 on: October 14, 2007, 06:07:44 PM »

"Go ahead," Garret said then chuckled, "he loves attention."

"Where did you two find each other huh? And how's your shoulder Garret?" Kaldez asked.

"As for your second question, my shoulders fine, I was lucky your swift blade only sliced through a thin layer of skin." Garret replied, "Answering your first question. Found Shadowfoot in the Mithral Mountains 'bout a year ago. Shadowfoot was still a pup then, and still somewhat of a pup now."
« Last Edit: October 14, 2007, 06:17:38 PM by Garret Arroway » Logged

Isoto
The Widow
Approved Character

Elf, Coór'hém

« Reply #161 on: October 15, 2007, 06:58:27 AM »

Isoto watches Jo curiously, her face seemed concerned with his lat comment about his family. Isoto thought it was weird that the ever inquisitive Jo do not ask about the fire. But she had probably avoided the question for her own reasons and I soto would respect her decision.

"Perhaps we should head up to the tilting field first, I haven't looked around the Festival at all. Then we'll circle around to the food tents. By that time Lastflame will be upon us. So! What kinda foods you like?"

It was nice to have a human companion again, someone to talk to. Isoto loved Chingu but he was not one for conversation. Although he had become accustomed to being alone over many, many decades. He still had a yearn to protect. It had been bred into him at a young age, and he knew that it would never be a trait he would lose.

Isoto smiled at Jo, just enjoying the presence of his new friend, “Jo, that sounds fine to me, to the tilting field, and as for food. Anything to put in my mouth will suffice.” Isoto laughed, he wasn’t a picky eater and neither was Chingu.

Isoto followed Jo as she headed for the tilted field. He wasn’t use to following, his entire life he had lead. At one point in his life the idea of following would make Isoto incensed. But for some reason following Jo felt right, it wasn’t something he would make a habit, but it was still nice.

Isoto watched Jo as she watched the jousting; he couldn’t help but laugh to himself. She had a child like wonderment about her and Isoto found that quite fascinating. Walking over to her he nudged her with his shoulder, “So Jo, you feel like jousting today, it looks pretty fun.” Isoto smiled as he waited for Jo’s response.

~Isoto~
Kaldez’Yadra
The Searcher
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii

« Reply #162 on: October 16, 2007, 03:29:19 AM »

Kaldez scratched the shaggy silver wolf behind the ears and looked out at the ring ready for the battle to beign. "Well he isn't quit the viscious creature iw ould think he would be, now are you Shadowfoot." Kaldez looked down at the wolf's eye's and he patted it on the head.

Garret Arroway
The Wolfling
Approved Character

Human, Helcrani

« Reply #163 on: October 16, 2007, 03:40:28 AM »

Garret watched as Kaldez scratched Shadowfoot behind the ears. "Well he isn't quite the vicious creature I would think he would be, now are you Shadowfoot." Kaldez said.

Garret grinned, "Protective, yes. Vicious, not really. Found Shadowfoot when his eyes were still closed so the only thing he's really known are people. He's pretty approchable which is good. Only time I've seen him fight is when he's protecting me or himself. He's been my best friend for the last years."

Kaldez’Yadra
The Searcher
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii

« Reply #164 on: October 16, 2007, 04:14:49 AM »

"Protective, yes. Vicious, not really. Found Shadowfoot when his eyes were still closed so the only thing he's really known are people. He's pretty approchable which is good. Only time I've seen him fight is when he's protecting me or himself. He's been my best friend for the last years." Kaldez looked down at the ground and his hands stopped as he let them down, Shadowfoot wimpered lwhen Kaldez stopped, not wanting him to do so. "It must be nice to have a close freind." Kaldez said at a near whisper, not even realizing he had spoken his thoughts.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[Today at 03:53:16 AM]

[Today at 03:18:57 AM]

[Today at 03:09:52 AM]

by Zander
[Today at 02:52:38 AM]

[Today at 02:50:06 AM]

[Today at 02:47:58 AM]