Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

gfx gfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register    gfx gfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!
Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 2nd Hour of Daywane Aj Racing  (Read 674 times)
Talia Sturmwind
Lady of the South
Approved Character

Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras

« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2007, 02:11:37 AM »

Talia, who had thought to have lost the race and would not have been astonished if Madelyn would have overtaken her as well finds to her surprise herself on the second place tied with Fi‘ruza and Ta‘las as the winner. This gambler! Had he held back with Desert Rose to overtake them all? No, that can‘t be. These two can‘t be this good! But she would take his smirk from his face! Searching for a silverbard she smiled at Ta‘las and send it suddenly flying over to him, so that he had a hard time to catch it. Then she turned halfway to Fi‘ruza, but still with an eye on Ta‘las.

“Fi‘ruza, you surely remember the old Shendar custom as well, that the winner of a race has to  invite all his fellow combatants to an ample meal with the best food and drink available? Or were only the Shen-D‘auras this generous?“ Talia furrowed her brows and she had a hard time to stay serious. “No, I don‘t think, that the rumours are true that the Shen-Kha'si are greedy, no, I don‘t believe this, they have surely this custom as well. Do they, Ta‘las?“ And she smiled very broadly at him.

Blinking at Fi‘ruza and Madelyn she tries to signal them to join in the joke, for there is of course no such custom, but bringing Ta‘las to pay for their main meal today - and a good one on top - would reduce the amount of money lost - at least it would soothe the pain of loosing a silverbard a bit, though of course you would get not only a meal but a room as well for one.
Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Shendar, Shen-Kha'si

« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2007, 05:41:19 AM »

Ta'las grins and winks at Talia.  "You are correct, Shendar-sister.  The Shen'Khasi know generosity as do all Shendar.  Today, I would be honoured if you would all be my guests at this evening's meal, though we are far from my mother-sister's dome." 

He looks at Fi'ruza and returns her smile.  Gently, Ta'las closes Fi'ruza's hand over the silverbard in her outstretched hand.  "Fi'ruza, Madelyn, it was both callous and presumptuous of me to propose a wager in such a manner.  Please, your coins have been hard-earned, I think, and will serve a better purpose in your purses."  Then, his smile turns sheepish, and he blushes a little as he admits, "I am a foolish man, with too strong a love for gambling as Talia well knows, and I will likely lose them this evening anyway." 

With that, he tosses Talia's coin back to her.  "The same is for you, Talia.  You are more deserving of all the silverbards in Santharia, than I am of even one."  He leaves this statement unexplained, for his Shendar-sister knows he respects the courage and fortitude she has shown in their recent quest, but he does give her a quick hug.

"All that I ask is that each of you indulge me, and join us for tonight's meal."  He looks hopefully at Fi'ruza and Madelyn in turn.  "There is much Talia and I would like to know of our home, as it has been many months since we left our domes."

Ta'las
Khel
Unbound Rogue
Story Mod

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2007, 11:12:49 AM »

Madelyn

Madelyn lost the race. She really lost. A bit downhearted, Nurobu slowed and she hopped nimbly off him. Standing for a moment, she took a deep breath, leaning up against him, burying her face in his neck. "ah, boy. You ran fine, it was not your fault.." she whispered to him. Gathering herself, she turned to face the others, giving a grin, for she was happy to have given the crowd a good show. It was an exciting race indeed, and her adrenaline was pumping, regardless of her place crossing the finish line.

Turning around, she listened and gave a chuckle as Ta'lia began to pull a joke on Ta'las; their relationship was quite endearing. Fi'ruza held out a silverbard, and Madelyn quickly moved to her purse to dig out her own. Grabbing the coin, she looked up with curiosity in her copper eyes as Ta'las said to keep the money, and asked them to accompany him in a meal. "There is much Talia and I would like to know of our home, as it has been many months since we left our domes," he said, and Madelyn smiled a gentle smile, returning the coin to her purse.

Madelyn jumped at the chance to take her mind off the race, "Yes, I'd love to join you for a meal.. although I'm not sure if I can provide the information you seek.." Madelyn hesitated, as her pride was great and she was a bit of a sore loser, but forcefully added, "And congratulations, all of you, on a wonderful race." Looking at them each in turn, her facade melted neatly away and a genuine smile broke across her face and she swallowed her pride whole.

..tell me your heart doesn't race for a hurricane or a burning building. -asw
Your pal, Khel
Fi'ruza Nas'reen
Traveling Troubadour
Approved Character

Human, Shendar

« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2007, 08:46:47 PM »

Fi'ruza smiled, partly in relief that she'd be able to keep her silverbard after all. "I would be honored and delighted if I could have a meal with all of you." she looked around at Ta'lia, Ta'las and Madelyn. She had only just met them, but already they felt like family. “My friends,” she said, addressing more Ta’las and Ta’lia than Madelyn, “I wouldn’t know what has been going on in our home lately… I myself have not been back for many moons. As far as I know, everything is at peace there now… but then again, my news might be out of date.” She chuckled before continuing, “However, I believe Madelyn goes back to the desert regularly?” she inquired, turning towards her.

Talia Sturmwind
Lady of the South
Approved Character

« Reply #49 on: October 03, 2007, 09:45:01 PM »

Ta'lia smiles at Ta'las - had she really thought he would want the silverbards? Well, surely when he proposed it. Did he expect to win? Talia thought, she knows him by now, but she was not sure about his true intentions. But they were irrelevant now.

"Where and when will we dine? And what will we do meanwhile?"
Khel
Unbound Rogue
Story Mod

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2007, 05:07:30 AM »

Madelyn

Happy that no one seemed to have any hard feelings, not to mention they all got to keep their money. She reached up and let her long, straight eophran hair fall down around her face, her thin lips curving into a smile as Fi'ruza said, “However, I believe Madelyn goes back to the desert regularly?” Smiling, Madelyn replied, "Not regularly enough." For she wished she was in the desert right then. She did not want to talk about it, but being surrounded by Shendars, Aj'nuvics, and feeling the comraderie between them all delighted her, but also caused her distress. Silently she lamented for the desert, the night air, the sand and the dusty smell.

"Where and when will we dine? And what will we do meanwhile?" Ta'lia asked, and Madelyn jumped at the chance to change the subject, at least for the moment. "I believe we can dine anytime we would like. I passed some delightful smelling tents within the grounds, there is always an amazing array of foods available there, we're bound to find something.." she paused a moment, looking at them each in turn, then her copper eyes lit up and she turned excitedly to Fi'ruza "You performed some impressive acrobatics during the race! When did you learn to do that? Perhaps you could teach.." she trailed off, wondering if she had the agility and balance.

Madelyn was well-built, but she had never tried any acrobatics, let alone on the back of Nurobu. And how would he react if she did try? And if she fell on him? Shying away from the thought a little, Madelyn shut her mouth. But, it was so very exciting! She also wondered if Ta'las or Ta'lia had any background or skills similar to Fi'ruza. She thought an afternoon sharing such, learning and practicing would be delightful.

Your pal, Khel
Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Approved Character

« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2007, 06:32:54 AM »

"Talia, surely you know me well enough," he starts as his stomach rumbles, "that I am ready to eat at any moment."  He smiles and winks at Talia.  "However, I want to be sure that all of us have our full appetites for our dinner together.  Once we are finished here, we will walk through the Fairgrounds and find a tent that will sell a meal worthy of us desert-folk."

He looks to Fi'ruza and Madelyn when the latter mentions Fi'ruza's acrobatic skills on her Aj.  Ta'las must admit, he is not so agile on Desert Rose despite his many years of 'field experience' riding and fighting atop his Aj.  "What Madelyn says is interesting Fi'ruza.  I know of none - except you and your Aj - who are able to do such things while riding.  I had thought wielding a dou'kilij while on Desert Rose pushes the limits of what can be done, but it seems to me there is more.  I think what Madelyn is too polite to ask is whether you can show us how," he adds with a smirk.

Ta'las
Fi'ruza Nas'reen
Traveling Troubadour
Approved Character

Human, Shendar

« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2007, 11:34:29 PM »

Fi'ruza blushed as the others made a reference to her gymnastic skills on Sa'naz. "Oh, I've had a lot of practice, and I suppose I've always been more athletic than most." she said, modestly lowering her gaze to the ground. "When I was a little girl, I heard stories about the non-Shendars who could do acrobatic tricks on horseback, and I thought, if they could do it on horseback, why couldn't I do it on Aj'nuvics? Obviously as a young girl I didn't have my own Aj yet, so I just practiced in my dome, and sometimes performed for my friends.

"And when I finally got Sa'naz,"
she paused, fondly remembering the triumphant moment when Sa'naz has accepted the leaves she had offered to her. Then she remembered that she was talking to the others, shook her head and continued, "It was a lot harder to balance on her than I thought it would be." she winced as she remembered how she'd fallen off the Aj'nuvic's back again and again. "It was just as hard to trained Sa'naz to keep calm while I performed. However, I persevered, and over time, I got better with a lot more practice. I admit, my determination was fuelled by the desire to show my skills off to everybody." she said, turning a slightly darker shade of red.

"Now I find it quite easy, though I still need to focus all the time. If it's any consolation, Ta'las," she added, turning to him, "In my opinion, doing acrobatics on a moving Aj's back is easier than wielding weapons." she grinned. Overtaken once more by the urge to show off, she nimbly jumped down from Sa'naz's back, turned and walked until she was quite a few peds from the Aj. Then she ran, and jumped, her hands outstretched in front of her. They came into contact with Sa'naz's back, and, using that to support herself, pushed off, somersaulted in the air and landed in a crouch on the other side. She stood up, dusting her hands off. "That was the best, most spectacular acrobatic trick I know." she beamed, "To be honest, sometimes I don't pull it off and fall on my behind. I'm glad I managed to do it for you all." she said.

Khel
Unbound Rogue
Story Mod

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2007, 05:16:55 AM »

Madelyn

Madelyn listening intently to Fi'ruza, and truly believed the woman when she said it was easier than wielding weapons... something which Madelyn hadn't been very good with herself. When she finished, she performed an amazing trick, and Madelyn wondered at how she had really trained Sa'naz to handle that. Laying a hand on Nurobu, Madelyn looked into her Aj's eyes, wondering if their bond was that great.

When she said, "To be honest, sometimes I don't pull it off and fall on my behind. I'm glad I managed to do it for you all." Madelyn chuckled and shook her head. "You are talented, my friend. I am truly impressed." she inclined her head respectfully at the two.

Nogra Ungorra

Oh, what a lovely race.. but oh! The reward at slipped his mind. Running.. no, jogging as quickly as his stout legs could carry him, Nogra approached the Oval again. Yes, he would be late for yet another event, it seemed! However, this was important. Huffing and puffing, Nogra slowed his pace as he watched in awe. Fi'ruza performed more beautiful acrobatics, and when he got close, he applauded wildly. "Fantasic! Simply brilliant!" he breathed between gasps.

Composing himself, his cheeks still red, Nogra drew alittle pouch from his pocket. Jingling it in the air, he said, "A reward in the amount of three goldbards goes to our winner. Dearly sorry that I nearly forgot.. and I must be off once more!" Tossing the pouch at Ta'las, Nogra hoped he would catch it as he turned to jog off once more. Stumbling a little, he threw a hand in the air to show he was alright, and made his way towards the Tilting Field.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 05:55:03 AM by Khel » Logged

Your pal, Khel
Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Approved Character

« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2007, 06:48:12 AM »

The Shendar is amazed at Fi'ruza's agility.  Indeed, he has never seen this type of acrobatics done with aj'nuvics.  "Perhaps it is, but I do not know as I cannot move myself in such ways."

He looks over at Talia and is about to ask her something, when Nogra calls to them and tosses a pouch his way.  Ta'las catches the pouch as Nogra races off to another event, and peeks inside.  He opens his eyes when he sees the three goldbards inside.  "Well my friends, it seems we will surely be able to enjoy the festival.  This is surely most unexpected," he says, a little ashamed about betting on the race.

"Talia, my Shendar-sister, let's take in as many of the other events as we can with our new friends.  Fi'ruza, you pick first."

Ta'las
Talia Sturmwind
Lady of the South
Approved Character

« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2007, 01:41:15 AM »

Talia watched with amazement, what Fi‘ruza was able to do. Some acrobatics on the back of the Ajs were needed for a good fight. Therefore the many robes around its belly and along the chest and back for stabilising. She could herself mount her huge beast quite quickly, but what Fi‘ruza did was really outstanding. Talia clapped in her hands out of ardour.

Then to the surprise of all of them, the man who had started the race came back and handed a little bag over to Ta‘las as the winner.
A bag with three gold bards. Wow!

"Talia, my Shendar-sister, let's take in as many of the other events as we can with our new friends.  Fi'ruza, you pick first."

Talia smiles broadly. That will be a feast! And she is happy for Ta‘las who is always in need of a few more coins. She goes over to him to give him a big hug and a kiss to congratulate him again to his victory. She knows, that he is a bit shy regarding kisses in public, and be they just sisterly ones on the cheek, but that is part of the fun, teasing him.

„Your are a lucky one, blessed not by one god only.

What will we do with our Ajs? Put them in the stables? I doubt they are well seen on the crowded Fairgrounds. „
Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Approved Character

« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2007, 06:37:37 AM »

The Shendar blushes.  "You know well how to embarass me, Talia.  However, what do you suppose Lady Terra would say?" he asks with a grin.  "I think perhaps you are right about our aj'nuvics.  Desert Rose will not like these crowds and may attempt to bite some passers-by's noses, thinking perhaps they are sweets."

"Fi'ruza, Madelyn.  I believe I saw a stable near one of the entrances when we first arrived.  Should we first see to our bondmates?"

Ta'las
Khel
Unbound Rogue
Story Mod

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #57 on: October 14, 2007, 02:16:31 AM »

Madelyn

Madelyn watched as Ta'las received his prize, and smiled kindly at him. Quite a winning, he had there! She was overjoyed, however, that he was willing to share it with the rest with a meal. She politely averted her eyes and stroked Nurobu's neck as Ta'lia showed her affection for her Shendar-brother. A close bond, those two have, it was quite endearing. Then, Tal'as said, "Fi'ruza, Madelyn.  I believe I saw a stable near one of the entrances when we first arrived.  Should we first see to our bondmates?" Madelyns copper eyes surveyed him for a moment with a smile, glad she had found friends at least to enjoy the Festival with.

Hopping onto Nurobu again, Madelyn nodded. "Yes, northwest of here are the stables." And she pushed the Aj into a walk, heading in that direction. She tried to gauge what time it was. If the race began around Daywane, it must be very close to Lastflame. She hoped there would be enough light left in the day to enjoy her friends longer. However, there were many days in the Festival to have the pleasure of such company. Madelyn was so proud to be a Shendar, and honored to have found three others within the Festival this year. Usually it was such a far trek for others to make.

Your pal, Khel
Fi'ruza Nas'reen
Traveling Troubadour
Approved Character

Human, Shendar

« Reply #58 on: October 16, 2007, 12:05:14 AM »

Fi'ruza bowed, beaming with pleasure at the compliments and basking in the glory of their attention. Then she saw the plump, red-faced man toss a pouch of what seemed to be money to Ta'las. She didn't managed to see how much money was inside, but from Ta'las' reaction, she gathered it was quite a lot. She smiled, all traces of bitterness disappearing as she felt happy for her new friend.

Her eyes widened slightly with mild surprise as Ta'las suggested that they take in as many of the other events as they could, and asked her, Fi'ruza, to pick first! She replied at once. "Oh no, though I'm honoured, I couldn't possibly do it," she said modestly, looking at her feet. "You're the winner, you should be the one to pick. I wouldn't be able to decide anyway. And yes, let's see that our Aj'nuvics have a good rest after their hard work today." she agreed, and broke into a little jog to catch up with Madelyn, knowing that Sa'naz would follow behind.

Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Approved Character

« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2007, 05:17:46 AM »

Ta'las looks to Talia and winks.  "It seems our new friends are ready to see as much of Salsair as they can.  We will need to hurry to catch up, else they will think us old and doddering.  At least they will think that of me - and likely that you are too kind to leave an old Shendar behind."

He pats Desert Rose affectionately and gives a short whistle.  "Come my friend," he says to his Aj.  "Let's find you a place to drink and rest."  He follows after Fi'ruza, whistling a Shendar travelling song to himself and enjoying the feel of warm sunshine on his face.

Ta'las
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[Today at 03:53:16 AM]

[Today at 03:18:57 AM]

[Today at 03:09:52 AM]

by Zander
[Today at 02:52:38 AM]

[Today at 02:50:06 AM]

[Today at 02:47:58 AM]