Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chapter Two: Resurection  (Read 66802 times)
KeelinElf
New Santharian

« Reply #255 on: May 27, 2003, 01:08:22 AM »

Keelin's eyes went wide and she dropped to her knees next to Shaint. Idiot! What are you trying to do to do, get yourself killed?! She thought at him angrily. She tried to stop the blood with another stip out of what was left of her skirt, but only managed to get a blood-soaked peice of silk. She glanced up and across the room at the healer pleadingly.

There isn't enough time to do everything and too much time to do nothing.

Adara Remine
New Santharian

« Reply #256 on: May 27, 2003, 05:56:22 AM »

Adara closed her eyes against the sight of the decapitated Damien, spilling blood. He was cruel, but his death was disturbing to see. As the blood ran across the floor in her direction the jumped to her feet to avoid getting covored.

Stepping around the stream of blood she looked at the body itself, and nearly fainted. She hated corpses, though the actual death rarely bugged her. Beside the corpse laid the murderer and an elf who seemed to be his lover. Adara met her gaze and nodded.

She mumbled a prayer to Queprur as she stepped around the puddles of blood and made her way to the unconcious man. She knelt by his side and assesed the damage. "Blood loss, exhastion,  stab to the shoulder, sliced right side...here." Her examination complete she handed her shawl to the elf girl and gave her a reassuring smile. "Nothing that can't be fixed."

The slice to the side was just a flesh wound and she quickly slathered some yahrle on it before wrapping it with a bandage made from her sash. The shoulder was what the real problem; if it had hit deep enough there was a chance he could loose the arm. She pulled the material away from the cut and slowly and breathed a sigh of relief; it was deep, but it lacking in any permenant damage. Using the same process as with the other man, she stitched up his shoulder and wrapped it.

"He'll be fine after some rest and a cup of Miyu tea," she told the elf with a smile. "I'm Adara Remine."

Atrii Redwood
New Santharian

« Reply #257 on: May 27, 2003, 07:52:22 AM »

Atrii's eyes widened and slowly rose, aching once again from the pains that he had endured during the battle. He attempted to rise before clapsing back down, holding his gut. He rolled over looking to Shaint lying there, motionless in a pile of blood that came from the decapitated corpse of Damien. Beside him, a healer, he heard the name Adara but then everything faded for a moment. He then looked over to see Keelin leaning over Shaint. His face darkened as he slipped down into a pool of his own blood.

KeelinElf
New Santharian

« Reply #258 on: May 27, 2003, 08:10:22 AM »

Keelin smiled gratefully, and then glanced over her shoulder, alarmed. I don't think he should be doing that... She glanced back at Shaint and Adara for a moment then stood up and walked over to make sure Atrii hadn't hurt himself more. Why can't males have the sense to sit still when they're injured?

Radaroc
New Santharian

« Reply #259 on: May 27, 2003, 08:55:22 AM »

Damien's head fell to the ground and the servants and the last guards looked at each other eyes wide, mouths gaping, they ran straight to the nearest passageway, two were cut down by arrows but the guard's leather jerkin protected him and he fled from the room.  

Leetah: Adon had let that healer from the room Damien had kept here in, Gods only know what reason.  He troops had run the rest of the theives guild from the sewers and the only thing left were these adventurers.  Two options kill them all cleanly but she worried about the attempt of that.  Their wizard had moved away, but he had protected him from the arrows and memory of the fifty-something that had been killed by their own arrows was fresh in her mind.  

She then saw Damien fall, he head lieing a few feet from his body.  Then the elven warrior fell as had the human, "Might as well speed them on their way." she muttered to herself,  signaling for a runner she sent the messege for Hael, the only rat brownie in Strata who knew any of the brownies signature Life Magic.  From high in the ceiling eight small ropes snaked down.  She, Hael, and six guards landed, ironically enough, right on the dais of Damien's throne.  In a high pircing voice she issued her commands, "OK, yew' surface folk!  I now rule these sewers and I want you all out!  Now to get ye gone as soon as possible, I've brought Hael.  He knows Life Magic and will help the elf and the human.  Once he's done yer' all better cle With that she nodded and glared at the companions.

Two of the armed brownies followed Hael as he walked first up to the human he crawled up onto the man's chest and spread his fingers out over the rangers gut.  Every living being the room felt slightly weaker as the wound was mended in minutes.  He crawled down and walked slowly around the deeper pools of blood.  Doing the same to Shaint only much shorter time span on each of the more major wounds.  With his work done he turned to Adara and complemented her in a soft voice, "You have a deft hand with the needle and you are skilled with poultices.  As healer to healer you have my admiration." with a light smile he made his way back to Leetah.  The brownies stood there, Leetah's eyes and body told everyone that she would make sure these people left her new throne room personally.

Radaroc: He was slightly astonished at the brownies apperance.  He nodded his thanks to them and went toward the others.

In the begining I was weak.  Now I have purpose.  Stay me from my path and the Gods themselves cannot save you.

Atrii Redwood
New Santharian

« Reply #260 on: May 27, 2003, 09:39:22 AM »

He felt footsteps come towards him. He could tell through the vibrations in the ground. He forced his head to turn to see Keelin. A slight smile came across his face. "I'm glad you are alright Keelin, you are very special." He coughed, blood poured from his mouth. "I, on the other hand, am a complete idiot." He laughed lightly.

KeelinElf
New Santharian

« Reply #261 on: May 27, 2003, 09:49:22 AM »

Keelin rolled her eyes. 'Special, nothin'. I'm just a mercenary.' She watched the rat brownie in surprise as he healed the gash in Atrii's stomach. She offered him a hand up when the brownie moved on.  

Adara Remine
New Santharian

« Reply #262 on: May 27, 2003, 01:08:22 PM »

Adara smiled from her spot next to the man. Everyone else looked to be in decent condition, there was no need for her to stick around. Friendly though they seemed, they had required her assistance. Now that their warriors were healed, perhaps  they would have a change of heart.

She stood and a sharp pain in her ankle reminded her of the shattered bone, forgotten in the urgency of the situation. Wincing, she made a mental note to find some wood for a support the moment she found an exit.

She would have liked to thank the elf who had untied her, but he seemed to have disappeared.

Shaint
New Santharian

« Reply #263 on: May 27, 2003, 02:28:22 PM »

Shaint's eyes soon lifted open the sight he saw was blood all around him...

He had remembered the pain he had that caused him to pass out along with loss of blood..but it had sent away. Shaint slowly sat up looking around six brownies had come down fromt he cieling and into Damien's throne....

Shaint slowly stood and turned his head to gaze about the room he moved his hand over his side and gently touched his shoulder..'by av'as name....what happend to make my wounds heal...and so quick like....' he thought and grabbed his sword from the ground and rubbed it against the backside of his back removing the wet blood on the blade.

Shaint sheethed his sword and he put his thumbs inside his belt  glancing arond still in astonishment...

He saw Keelin trying to help Atrii up and the new woman stood but winced at pain...

Shaint walked to the woman who was nearby and nodded his head with a slight smile his blue-green eyes filled once again with joyfull thought's as well as serious he slowly looked her over before talking... "I am Shaint Urowyn Inyearo...rogue of the elves and warrior for the thrill.....otherwise known as just Shaint, i noticed your wincing....can I help?"

I may have lost my feelings, but your going to lose more than that when I come after you

Atrii Redwood
New Santharian

« Reply #264 on: May 27, 2003, 10:10:22 PM »

Atrii took Keelin's gentle hand and pulled himself up. "Thank you," he glanced around the room. "Is everyone else ok? What about you?" Atrii asked, he remembered the blood soaked bandages that she had been constantly tearing from her now incredibly small dress.

Adara Remine
New Santharian

« Reply #265 on: May 27, 2003, 10:14:22 PM »

"I'm Adara Remine, healer from Bardavos."

Adara wasn't sure whether to scold him for standing or to accept his offer of help. But then, he probably knew his limits better than she did. And if he wanted to help...well, she could use some.

"If you wouldn't mind, could I lean on you?" she asked, gesturing to her foot. "I broke my ankle, and it'd be nice not to have to support myself on it."

KeelinElf
New Santharian

« Reply #266 on: May 28, 2003, 11:58:22 AM »

'I'm fine. Just a scratch.' She glanced around to the others, who seemed to be picking themselves up out of various sprawled positions. She noticed Shaint helping the healer woman and felt a faint twinge of something close to anger that surprised her. She shoved it away firmly, scolding herself for being foolish and forgetting how the woman had helped them.

Atrii Redwood
New Santharian

« Reply #267 on: May 28, 2003, 10:10:22 PM »

He now stood alongside Keelin glancing around. "Seems Shaint and I got the worst of this battle... well aside from Damien and his men." The ranger grinned a bit, corspes of the followers of Damien littered the ground. Atrii continued looking around trying to see if everyone was ok.

"Keelin, do you see Gararion?"

Shaint
New Santharian

« Reply #268 on: May 29, 2003, 09:17:22 AM »

Shaint looks at the womans anckle as she gestured it was hurt cringing i knowing just what the pain must feel like...

"ofcourse, I was going to carry you so you wouldent have to walk at all but that will work well" Shaint said with a smile throwing his arm under her's ducking slightly because of a small height difference...

I may have lost my feelings, but your going to lose more than that when I come after you

Adara Remine
New Santharian

« Reply #269 on: May 29, 2003, 11:14:22 AM »

Adara smiled and wrapped her arm around his neck. Slowly she eased the weight off of her injured foot and against his side. "Thank you," she said.

Her gaze drifted across the room and she saw that the others were picking themselves up as well. "Let's see how they are doing, shall we?"

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]