Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chapter Two: Resurection  (Read 67389 times)
Oscar Lotus
New Santharian

« Reply #60 on: March 11, 2003, 06:08:22 AM »

Bobbo Bobbo's eyes widened, glared, then turned cold.  He had been awaiting Luci to give him her arm so he could pick her up and put her on his mount.  But she declined and went and climbed aboard a stranger's mount,no, not a stranger, the same man she had been talking to before they did the burial ritual.  He looked down at Qui who was staring at his bow.  It had turned into silver.  Bobbo noticed Luci's bow had turned silver with gold bands about it.  The Tristan even looked awed at his bow, his bow had turned to gold.  Bobbo, fascinated as he was, became angry.  He asked rather tersely, "Who is that man that Lucirnia is riding with?"

Qui looked up. "What man?" he asked.

Bobbo pointed. "That one."

Qui looked and saw Lucirnia sitting in front of Valach.  He wondered if Lucirina knew what she was doing? Valach was a hard man, a good man when it came to warfare, but he was a man, and the men have not had female companionship for a while.  Well, she can take care of herself, besides he knows what would happen to him if he took advantage of her.  "That man's name is Valach.  He is one of my Captains.  He is also the only one, besides myself, that can teach Lady Lucirina how to throw those Sophronian throwing knives I gave her as a gift."

"Why does she ride with him and not me?"

"That Milord I do not know.  Why do you not ask her yourself?"

"I think I shall." Lord Bobbo urged his horse forward when suddenly Valach spurred his horse forward out of the fortress.  Bobbo spurred his horse to catch them.

The Tristan rode up. "Qui it is time to go."

"Yes Sire I know.  I was just thinking about these gifts and Thalambath."

"Yes, I too was wondering about them both.  But those things must wait until we arrive at the Tears."

"Yes, Sire."  Qui jumped on his horse and they both galloped out of the fortress.  The doors to the fortress mysteriously closed shut behind them.  Qui thought he heard a voice say to him. "You shall see Oscar again, someday."   Qui called out to the Tristan. "Did you say something?"

The Tristan nodded no, and continued until he was at the head of the caravan.  Qui followed, looking around for Lord Bobbo and Valach with Lady Lucirina.  "I pray that nothing happens." he muttered.

Oscar Lotus
A beer in the belly is never a bad thing.

Damien Scar
Commander of the Gates
Approved Character

« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2003, 06:25:22 AM »

OOC-it is about 19 bells(9:OO P.M.) During the summer that is about the time the sun sets here.  So I am using that as a guide.*

Damien liked what he saw and felt as he searched the elf's body.  "You are going to make me a very very happy man. I think.  I will be the envy of all my friends.  To have an elven woman in his harem." He muttered, "and such a well formed one, at that." he smiled as he thought of the pleasures she would afford him.

Nahor thought. This girl, looks like the one from the Thirsty Herald, but I cannot be sure.  If it is, then Damien is inviting trouble.  For surely her friends will come looking for her.  But that poses some questions and some interesting possibilities to make some money.  If the ones from the Herald are here.  Then Troas will want to know, and he will pay for that information.  Nahor smiled inwardly. I will stick around for a while, at least until after Nahor meets with his informant, the guard, in a couple of hours.  If what the guard tells him is true, then that party of the Herald is here and Troas will pay to know it, and I will be the one he pays.  Let Damien have his fun.  I just want to get rich!  

You can think about it, even plan on it but don't try it.

I have travelled far and wide.
And Foiro's must have been my guide.
For I have discovered these things to be true;
A man must have two, mayhap three things in life to be truly happy.
A good weapon at his side.
A virtuous wife, if he can find her.
A quver full of children.
Sadly, I only have one;
A good weapon at my side.
Atrii Redwood
New Santharian

« Reply #62 on: March 11, 2003, 12:12:22 PM »

Atrii looked around the streets of Strata. His cloak draped over his eyes. He walked aimlessly, trying to figure some things out inside his own head.He turned a corner to find a piece of clothe on the ground. He slowly bent down and looked it over, it was that of Keelin's shirt. He looked around then back at the ground, many footprints, pressing hard, then some flat spots, possibly someone was on the ground. Keelin has been taken!

Shaint
New Santharian

« Reply #63 on: March 11, 2003, 03:13:22 PM »

Shaint was wandering around his arms at his side people eyed him over suspiciously and he lifted an eyebrow to many of them 'people look as if they have never seen an elf before.... Shaint's ears twitched as a large fat man stoo dbehind him letting out a loud belly chuckle,

"You stupid elf, get outa thishh city!" Shaint's eyes shimmered over his attidtude turned to a little annoyed "Go away you damn drunkard "HEY who do you thinkshh you arshh?!" "Just go away you have had to much to DRINK!"

The large man charged after Shaint which he easily jumped back avoiding but upon doing so the man hit the ground with a THUD!! and Shaint hit his back into a figure snapping around he scowled "I don't want any!..... Shaint stopped himself as he looked carefully under the shadows,

"Atrii..it's........ Shaint cut himself off again as he noticed a piece of cloth Atrii had just picked form the ground Shaint's ace turned into shock.....then anger "Keelin...?!....no.....Atrii we have to find her! if anything happens to her i'm going to be driven over the edges of insanity!"

Staring into the maw of a dragon, one quickly learns wisdom. It's called "Run."

KeelinElf
New Santharian

« Reply #64 on: March 11, 2003, 03:19:22 PM »

Keelin's head felt a bit fuzzy/ There was something moving over her shoulder and then... HEY! Keelin opened her eyes and kicked out at a barely perceived figure. Her vision spun and her head throbbed.WTF do you think you're doing?! Keelin screamed at him inside her head while struggling to get to her feet.

There isn't enough time to do everything and too much time to do nothing.

Lucirina Telor Vevan
Songbird
Approved Character

« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2003, 01:55:22 AM »

Lucirina grabbed the mane of the horse firmly as Valach spured it and made it rear up and gallop out of the fortress, the wind making her long hair whip out behind her like a chesnut and purple banner, her eyes watering slightly yet a smile came to her lips, she liked the speed and thrill of the ride.
As she felt the warm body of Valach behind her and saw the scarred hands holding the reigns she frowned shlightly, if he tried anything funny he would soon have one of the throwing knifes inbedded in his stomach. She would not have choosen him to share a mouth if it wasn't for the fact that there were no more horses.
Suddenly she heard a voice yelling at Valach, demanding him to stop. The man obediantly pulled the reins of his mount and soon they came to a stand.
Bobbo rode up to the sides of the two and glared at Lucirina.
"What do you think you are doing? Why did you decide to share mount with him instead of me? Answer me Lucirina!"
The elf could feel rage boiling in her ears at his words, her green eyes growing even more cold and distant as she answered him with a icy voice.

"One does not recall to have wedded with you Bobbo, Milord does not own me, as he does not own the flying birds on the sky.
One is free to do whatever One wants, One is still of the free people."

Bobbo only grew more angry and impatient with this answer, moving his horse closer to Valach's and glared at her, his eyes almost as cold as hers was.
"I may not have wedded with you, but you said you loved me...I love you Luciria, I care for you more than anything."
His eyes grew pleading.
"Please..come ride with me."
However Lucirina continued glaring at him and as she spoke her eyes was made of ice.

"If it had been One trapped inside the tent with you Milord, would you also let one drown in the sand?
Maybe..."

Her voice grew weak for a second as she lowered her eyes.

"maybe it would not have been much of a loss. One is worth much less than Lord Oscar was. One should have been the one drowning in sand, that way much pain could have been averted.
One is not much... only a useless bird.
A Nightbird."

Her head snapped up and she grabbed the reins and pulled them free from Valach's hands before he could realize what was happening, her heals digging into the horse as she spurred it forward once more, Valach barely had time enough to cast his arms around her waist to avoid falling off the horse, leaving Bobbo behind in a cloud of sand.

From sunrise to sundown I live my life as a song.
Listen to the songbird, don't ignore it.

Damien Scar
Commander of the Gates
Approved Character

« Reply #66 on: March 12, 2003, 04:04:22 AM »

While Damien was searching, slowly, searching the young elven girl she woke up.  She struck out and kicked Damien in the shin.  He hobbled back a bit but then grabbed her around the waist.  She fought back like a caged tiger, but she made no sound.  Damien was curious about this.  "Hey little lady, calm yourself.  Your working yourself all up for nothing.  There is no where for you to go and if you keep on fighting me your going to loose your clothes.  Not that I would mind, and neither would my friends, but I think you would be a little embarrassed.  The time for you to loose your clothes is not yet, first I want to get to know you a bit better.  Now you can either sit down and enjoy some wine and food or I can tie you to the chair and force feed you.  What do you say?"

Sadly, I only have one;
Raoneth
New Santharian

« Reply #67 on: March 12, 2003, 06:58:22 AM »

The human didn't notice him, he was distracted by something else. He knelt with a piece of cloth in his hand, a strange expression on his face. Definitely not happy.
Raoneth stopped and looked at the piece of cloth, "erm, wha...", he was interrupted by some noise coming from behind him, yelling followed by the sound of something landing flat on the ground.
Shaint?
Indeed, the elf had spotted them and was coming towards them now, "Keelin? ...no... Atrii we have to find her! if anything happens to her I'm going to be driven over the edges of insanity!"
It's a piece of cloth... it's a big city, there's lots of pieces of cloth here...
Raoneth sighed, there were also a lot of criminals, and it did look like a piece of Keelin's shirt.
"well... if it is hers, let's hope she's only been kidnapped."

Atrii Redwood
New Santharian

« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2003, 09:53:22 AM »

Atrii turned quickly to Shaint. "Calm down, you will not do any good to Keelin unless you calm down and are able to think properly." The ranger held Shaint in place with his hands on his shoulders. "I know how you feel about her Shaint, and we will find her, I promise."

Atrii turned and looked at the footprints. "Judging by the prints that I see, move you're standing on some of them! Now they go in this direction. Let's go."

KeelinElf
New Santharian

« Reply #69 on: March 12, 2003, 02:18:22 PM »

Keelin glared. How the Hell did I get here?! Who are you?! She signed at him, for the moment too angry to realize he couldn't understand a word she wasn't saying.  

Shaint
New Santharian

« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2003, 03:44:22 PM »

Shaint's eyes narrowed as his head foun dthe answers he was looking for now I know why i'm here......my love for Keelin is what keeps me here..... Shaint looked at Atrii "Atrii if we find who kidnapped Keelin assuming tha is what has happend here.....i'm going to brutally slit there throat....and slace them from naval to nose..... Shaint followed Atrii and held his hands at his sides un-knowingly

but ready for a draw of knife and pierce threw the throat.

Staring into the maw of a dragon, one quickly learns wisdom. It's called "Run."

Oscar Lotus
New Santharian

« Reply #71 on: March 13, 2003, 02:59:22 AM »

Valach Valach was a little overwhelmed by the actions of the woman who rode his horse.  First she told off Lord Bobbo, now she rides like the wind.  Of course he did not mind her female scent and her hair with its scent of wildflowers gave him thoughts he had not thought of in quite a while.  And when he grabbed her waist to help him from falling off, it was nice indeed.  Each movement of the horse made his hands move up and down her waist, and he was enjoying what he was feeling.  Though in the back of his mind, he knew he was playing a very dangerous game. But so was she!

Finally his good senses returned and he yelled into her ear. "Milady, we really should slow down.  For several reasons, one we do not want to get to far ahead of the rest of the caravan, and two the horse will not be able to continue with both us riding him.  He will soon become quite tired and we have a long journey ahead of us."

Qui Qui saw Valach and Lady Lucirina streak out from behind the caravan and ride into the night until they were out of sight.  He turned around trying to see Lord Bobbo.  But he could not see him. Where are they going in such a hurry?  Valach knows better.  But it seemed that Lucirina had the reins.  I wonder what had happened?

He looked at the Tristan with questioning eyes.  The Tristan quietly said. "Let her be.  I believe she has demons inside that she must face and defeat."

"Yes, Sire, but with Valach?"

"Valach is a hard man, but an honorable one, at least as far as I know.  And I have known the man for over ten years.  Her reasons are her own.  To go after her as your heart desires you too, would just invite trouble, besides she must conquer her demons before she can be of any good to anyone, whether it be Lord Bobbo or any one she chooses.  I am not sure about elves, but that is how I have come to understand women.  And I suspect that elven women are no different, when it comes to matters of the heart.  After all are we all not Ava's creatures?"

"Yes, Sire.  We are and your words of wisdom I will heed.  Still..."

"I know it is hard."

Qui's heart knitted a little bit closer to the Tristan.  As if Oscar was there instead of the Tristan.

Oscar Lotus
A beer in the belly is never a bad thing.

Damien Scar
Commander of the Gates
Approved Character

« Reply #72 on: March 13, 2003, 03:13:22 AM »

Damien saw the girl do some strange things with her hands and fingers but she spoke no word.  He motioned to the chair and sat down himself, poured himself and the girl a glass of wine, and took a drink.  He pondered why she would not speak, not even yell.

As Damien watched her, he finally saw that the movements of her hands had some purpose, not just flinging them around.  He assumed she was talking, speaking with her hands. That type of communication would come in handy for a band of thieves.  Of course only if they could see one another.  That would be the only drawback.

He smiled at her and said. "My name is Damien and this is my domain."  He waved his hand over the place. "I think you cannot speak as we do, but I believe you are talking to me with your hands, am I correct?" he asked her watching her hands closely.

Nahor watched closely too and it was her movements that told him his assumptions were correct.  He rose and silently, quietly left the scene before him.  Damien was to preoccupied with his new toy to notice his disapperance, and Troas will pay dearly for this infomation.  The party from the Herald was in Strata.  Which meant that the Resistance was not too far behind.  Or that they will finally find out the Resistance's spy here in Strata.

Nahor opened the secret entrance into the city and after looking around to see if he was being followed or not, closed the entrance and began making his way toward Troas's house.

Sadly, I only have one;
Lucirina Telor Vevan
Songbird
Approved Character

« Reply #73 on: March 13, 2003, 06:02:22 AM »

Lucirina could feel tears streaming down her cheeks, tears caused not only by the speed of the ride but also by the feeling of loss he had in her chest, a feeling that she was loosing more than she could afford.
She didn't even notice that Valach had his hands around her waist and that soon they had left the caravan behind, in fact she didn't even remember there was a caravan before Valach yelled in her ear making her wince in pain... these humans never understood that the long ears of an elf were a lot more sensitive than those things they insisted in calling ears.
But she heard his words and somewhere in her tormented mind she knew he was right.
Pulling the reins with such a suddenness and so hard that the horse almost sat down on its haunches to stop she brought it to a halt.
Looking back at Valach she spoke with that icy voice of hers, ears laid back and frowning slightly.

"Milord can let One go.... now."

Valach did as she said and she jumped off the horse and sat on a neby dune, hugging her knees to her chest and looking into the thin air, as if she was trying to spot something invisible there, ignoring everything around her, including Valach, as she waited for the caravan to catch up with them.

Bobbo
As Lucirina rode away her words rang in the ears of Bobbo, once and once more until they finally made sense to him, she blamed him, she blamed him for the death of Oscar...and in some strange way she did also blame herself, wishing she was the one that died.
To stunned to follow after her he sat in the saddle staring after the sand cloud that marked the path the elf was taking until he could see it no more.

Soon the Tristan and Qui both caught up with Bobbo and he turned to look at them, his eyes watery.
"She blames me and she blames herself...She dosn't want to let me close because she thinks I did it on purpose.
I never ment Oscar to die...believe me.
She thinks she would be better of dead, that she is worthless."
Frowning he remembered the last words she spoke before she rode away, they made no sense to him so he turned to the Tristan and asked if he may know the meaning of her words...the reason why she called herself a Nightbird.

From sunrise to sundown I live my life as a song.
Listen to the songbird, don't ignore it.

Edited by: Lucirina Telor Vevan at: 3/12/03 9:06:28 pm
KeelinElf
New Santharian

« Reply #74 on: March 13, 2003, 03:44:22 PM »

Keelin nodded warily. This one was going to take a bit of work. He wasn't as stupid as those thugs in the alley. And presumably, he could fight better. Wouldn't have lived long otherwise. Keelin made a gesture as if she were writing and looked questioningly at Damien. I want my questions answered...

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]