Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chapter Two: Resurection  (Read 67606 times)
Oscar Lotus
New Santharian

« Reply #75 on: March 14, 2003, 03:29:22 AM »

Tristan  Lord Bobbo rode up and said some words that the Tristan had already guessed at.  Then Bobbo asked if the Tristan knew what she meant about being a NIghtbird.  The Tristan thought long and hard, trying to remember if he ever heard of such a bird or maybe a saying.  He then remembered a tale told to him by Oscar.  He looked at Bobbo, "I am not familiar with the term Nightbird or its meaning, however I recall Oscar telling me something about a bird that flys the night in the forests and meadows of Southern Sarvonia.  He told me of an old wives tale or maybe it is an elven belief, I cannot recall, however what he said was, that is is believed the Nightbird are the souls of evil, dead bards returned by Queprur to live out their lives... Their is a saying too... let me think... I think it goes like this, You bring as much joy as a Nightbird singing.  The meaning as I recall is not what you would think.  The meaning is, You bring misery and sorrow wherever you go.

The Tristan paused as he thought upon the words and what Lord Bobbo had just told him.  "It seems that Lady Lucirna has the thought of herself that no matter what she does or says, she believes that it is her destiny to bring sorrow upon those she cares for.  It may be the reason why she thinks she blames you and somewhat herself concerning Oscar's death."

Qui was silent as he listened to Lord Bobbo and the Tristan.  He spoke up. "But she is not at fault! Neither are you Lord Bobbo, I know that now.  Oscar's death was already in Seyella's hands since the day he was born.  He believed in Destiny. In fate!  I recall him saying many times that we will follow our destiny, no matter what our choices may be.  They are choices already known we would make by Seyella.  Choices freely chosen by us, but already known by the Goddess of Destiny.  If somehow one of us could convince Lady Lucirna that Oscar's death was not caused by her or by anyone, but that it was his destiny, his time to depart this life and go on to the other, then maybe she would, could heal."

"That my son, is a task sometimes greater than trying to win your kingdom back. It takes time, patience, and lots and lots of love."  The Tristan sad sadly, and then continued, "And it takes willingness upon the person who feels such guilt to learn to forgive themselves.  That is one thing, no one can do for her or him."

The Tristan looked at Lord Bobbo when he said those last words.  They rode on in silence; each one consumed with their own thoughts.  

Oscar Lotus
A beer in the belly is never a bad thing.

Damien Scar
Commander of the Gates
Approved Character

« Reply #76 on: March 14, 2003, 03:39:22 AM »

Damien watched the young girl make a motion with her hands.  He stared at her hands and watched them again.  Finally he smiled, took a drink and then ordered Nob, "Get me some paper, a quill pen and some ink.  I think this young one wants to write something."

Nob, got the required items, placed them in Damiens hands. "Do you think Damien that she had her tongue cut out?  Maybe she was punished for something?" he asked as he looked at the girl strangely.

"I am not sure Nob, but she sure is a fiesty one.  Maybe we will get the answers soon enough."

Damien placed the paper, pen and ink on a table and motioned to the young girl to take them.  He smiled, "Go ahead and write.  I think that is what you want.  But wouldn't you like to have some wine and some food first?"  He moved the glass of wine closer to her, looked more closely into her eyes.  "You have very pretty eyes, young one.  What is your name?"

You can think about it, even plan on it but don't try it.

I have travelled far and wide.
And Foiro's must have been my guide.
For I have discovered these things to be true;
A man must have two, mayhap three things in life to be truly happy.
A good weapon at his side.
A virtuous wife, if he can find her.
A quver full of children.
Sadly, I only have one;
A good weapon at my side.
Gararion
Wind Waker
Approved Character

Elf, Ylfferhim

« Reply #77 on: March 14, 2003, 04:17:22 AM »

Gararion had now joined the group and caught the last few words that came from Shaints mouth.

Gararion lowered his head as he knew what was going through Shaints mind, thoughts and ideas that would only prove harmful to him in the end.  For anger and fear are great weapons for the enemy to manipulate and combine with the feeling of love that Shaint had for this young elven women, Shaint would be at a major disadvantage.

Gararion stood beside then men and out of the corner of his eyes spotted the sparkle of metal.  He silently made his way in the direction of his sighting and knelt down, placing his hand within the shadows.  He soon felt the pomel of a sword, as he ulled it out he soon discovered that it was the swprd of Keelin.

He remained knelt for a moment as he thought what to do.  He slowly losened the belt that tied his robes at the waist and opened the the robes slightly.  Now rising to stand he placed the sword within his robes and as he stood now tightened the belt and fixed his robes in a position where they hid the sword from sight.

He now made his way back over to the group....and waited....

Raoneth
New Santharian

« Reply #78 on: March 14, 2003, 07:00:22 AM »

While Raoneth was thinking Atrii had tried to calm Shaint down, he then turned and talked, "Judging by the prints that I see, move you're standing on some of them! Now they go in this direction. Let's go.", Shaint seemed desperate, "Atrii if we find who kidnapped Keelin assuming that is what has happened here... I'm going to brutally slit their throat.. and slice them from navel to nose..."
Nice try, then, human...
Suddenly Raoneth got that strange feeling again, this time near Shaint, he turned quickly.
Gararion was back, and Raoneth could sense something going on between him and Shaint.
Baithag! He must be controlling his mind or something.
The feeling faded and Gararion moved over to the side of the street, Raoneth frowned while studying his every move.
He picked something up, Raoneth could see a glimpse of metal. Gararion hid whatever it was he had and started walking back to the group.
Raoneth was scared, he didn't deny such feelings from himself, yet he got an increasing feeling of being prepared. He could feel the strange feeling again, but this time it came from himself.

Sand blew away from underneath Raoneth as if blown away by a slight breeze.

He was ready.

Edited by: Raoneth at: 3/13/03 10:04:48 pm
Bobbo the Beggar
New Santharian

« Reply #79 on: March 14, 2003, 12:15:22 PM »

Bobbo heard the words of the Tristin and nodded distantly. He bowed his head silently and rode with his mind filled with his own thoughts.

"There is nothing I can do," muttered Bobbo under his breath, "What good is it to be a nobleman when you can't help those you care most about?"

Very well then he thought I shall do my duty. I shall not fail my people at least.

Looking up towards their direction of travel, Bobbo's face was emotionless, neither sad nor happy, afraid or confused. Nothing. His mind was strictly set on achieving his objective, reclaiming the Tristin's and his own kingdom.

He paid no heed to any and his mind was upon business matters, just as his face. Looking out over the men, he estimated their total fighting power, seeing how powerful they could be. His mind thought not of Lucirina, Oscar, or Qui.

Radaroc
New Santharian

« Reply #80 on: March 14, 2003, 12:59:22 PM »

Radaroc looked out over the quiet city.  When he saw Gararion heading down an street he was very curious as the mage had left on his own so recently.  He squinted his eyes and saw under the moonlight most of he companions had gather on that same street.   Dashing down from the roof he quickly menuvered through the roads and streets of Strata.  

When he came upon them that had all gathered, Shaint was clenching a small piece of cloth.  "What's that?  What's going on?"

In the begining I was weak.  Now I have purpose.  Stay me from my path and the Gods themselves cannot save you.

KeelinElf
New Santharian

« Reply #81 on: March 14, 2003, 02:36:22 PM »

Keelin stuck out her tongue at Nob and scribbled I'm mute not deaf, idiot. and flashed the paper in his face. Then she set it back down and wrote down her questions:

Where am I?
How did I get here?
Who are you?
What do you want?

There isn't enough time to do everything and too much time to do nothing.

Oscar Lotus
New Santharian

« Reply #82 on: March 15, 2003, 02:11:22 AM »

Valach The sun had set, the moon was full and bright upon the desert, almost as bright as day.  The stars filled the sky like a billion diamonds thrown up by a giant and got stuck in the fabric of the night.  Valach thought Anyother time with a beautiful woman this night would be a night filled with wonders.  But...

His thoughts trailed off as he watched Lady Lucirina sit on the sand dune.  He got off the horse, and pulled the reins and walked slowly up to Lady Lucirina. He stood there awhile, thinking of what to say.  Then he just sat down next to her, looked at the sky, and remarked. "Have ever seen such a more perfect night?  You can see constellations of the gods in the stars.  Do you know some of the southern constellations?"  He asked, just trying to make some small talk.  He knew that shortly the caravan will catch up to them.  But in the meantime, he was curious about this lady.  Why she chose him?  Why she was crying?  What he could do or say to help her.

Oscar Lotus
A beer in the belly is never a bad thing.

Damien Scar
Commander of the Gates
Approved Character

« Reply #83 on: March 15, 2003, 03:18:22 AM »

Nob jumped back as the young elven girl stuck her tongue out.  then she handed the paper to Damien.  Damien read it.
I'm mute not deaf, idiot.
Where am I?
How did I get here?
Who are you?
What do you want?

Damien warmly laughed, then he took a sip of wine, popped a grape into his mouth and took another look at the paper. "It seems I was correct Nob, she can talk, just not with her mouth, but with her hands.  She also seems to be very intelligent."  Damien looked at her spearing some meat with a daggar and eating it.  He again offered the young girl the glass of wine and some food.  "Here you eat and drink and I will answer you questions."

He leaned back, glanced at the paper and replied. "I already answered you first question, you are in my palace.  How you got here?  Well it seems that my men spied you wandering around the streets of a very bad section of town and when they tried to help, you attacked them.  Fortunately they were able to subdue you and bring you here out of harms way. Unfotunately, you fatally injured one of them, for that there must be some repercussion, but we will talk of that later.  

Um...lets see, oh yes, I already told you who I am.  My name is Damien, Damien Scar, I am the King of Thieves of Strata."  Damien rose up and bowed to her, the men that had slowly gathered in the room, they had heard of Damiens newest conquest and had come to take a look see.  The hooted, clapped and whistled as Damien bowed, smiled, turned around and then sat back down.

He glanced again at the paper and a sly smile broke over his face and his dark eyes gleamed in the torch light. "What do I want?  Well..."  Some more hooting, laughter and clapping accompanied his statement by the men and some women who had now entered the room.  They were all dressed in dark clothing, daggars or knives were stuck in belts, most wore earings in their ears, some in their noses.  And rings and bracelets adorned the women.  As well as some of the men.

Damien raised his hands to quiet the crowd down.  "What I want young one...is you.  I have a fancy for the unusual, unique and beautiful.  And I usually get what I want."

He leaned back and smiled, sipped more wine, leaned forward and gave her back her paper. "Now that I have answered your questions, please have the courtesy of answering mine. "What is your name?  And what brings you to our fair city?"
Nahor Nahor reached Troas's house and knocked on the door.  Soon a servant openend the door, peered out and asked, "Yes, what do you want?"

"My name is Nahor, I have needs to speak with Troas."

"Lord Troas is busy at the moment.  He asked not to be disturbed." The nasaly voice behind the door replied.

"He will want to know what I know.  Tell him that the Resistance is here in Strata."

"He already knows that the spies for the Resistance are everywhere in the city."

"Not the spies, you ignorant, pompus fool.  But the Resistance itself."

There was a pause, then the door swung open. "Come in, I will tell the Lord."

Nahor stepped into the lighted hallway, closed the door behind him and waited as he saw the servant disappear into an anterior room.  Shortly he came back out and beckoned Nahor to follow him.  Nahor gathered his cloak about him and followed the servant.  He took him to a room, opened the door, motioned Nahor through.  Nahor walked through and the door was shut behind him.

Nahor found himself in a well lit dining room.  Many guests were eating at a well furnished table.  He recognized some of the guests; they were the lords and ladies of the city, and some important merchants.  At the head of the table sat Troas. He clapped his hands.  The small talk stopped and all turned their eyes upon him.  "Friends we have a visitor.  This man is... well his name is unimportant, but he says his information is vital enough to disturb our dinner."

All eyes turned upon Nahor.  "Well friend what say you?" asked Troas.  

Nahor looked at the floor, then as if he had gathered strength from it, he raised his head.  "Milord, I did not mean to disturb you or your guests and would not have done so if I thought this was not important enough to do so.  But I have information concerning the Resistance."

There was a murmur heard, and some eyebrows raised, especially by one man; he sat farther down the table, his rainment was not quite as elaborate as the the lords and ladies, but it sufficed enough to be considered richly made.  He had a small dark goatee, large wide dark eyes, and hair.  His ample frame filled the chair upon which he sat and he had a friendly smile and air about him.  His name was Hashish, and he was one of Strata's very important merchants.

"Resistance? What kind of information?" asked Troas.

"That they are here.  Here in Strata."

"You mean the whole Resistance is here in Strata?"

"No, Milord. The ones I was sent to watch from the Herald.  They are here.  If you recall Milord I told you that I thought one was a magician of sorts and the other was unmistakably a troll."

At the mention of a troll a woman screamed and fainted.  "Sir, you scare my guests.  I think we should continue our conversation in the other room.  Ladies why do you not talk amongst yourselves and help Lady Irene, recover while we men will adjourn to another room and listen to what this man has to say.  I assure you no harm will come to us.  And we will be back together to continue our night of revelry."

Troas rose, the rest of the men around the table, and followed Troas into another room.  Troas motioned for Nahor to go before him.  Nahor quickly walked into the room, walked to the far side and waited as the rest of the men and lastly Troas walked in, closed the door, asked for some wine to be poured for his guests, and for those who smoked to have pipes and tobaccoo brought in.  After it was all delivered the servants departed.  Nahor took one glass, downed it quickly and then took another.  He stared at the red pool inside the crystal thinking. I will pay for this.  Troas will skin me alive.  But he asked and I will not back down for anything.

After the men got their wine, settled in chairs around a large oval table, smoke began to fill the air.  Troas sat down, "Now tell us all again what you know.  Before you interrupted us the discussion around the table was the strange storm that hit us today, and its aftermath and how we were going to repair the damage."

A man spoke; his clothing revealed to Nahor he must be some lord of some house.  "Do you believe the Resistance had something to do with that strange sand storm?"

Nahor swirled the wine in his glass, thinking. "Milords, it is a possibility.  I heard that those who came from the Herald had asked permission to enter the city, when the guard was asking what their buisness was, that is when the storm hit.  I believe one of the group is a magician of sorts."

A low murmur spread throughout the men.  Troas asked. "And this buisness of a troll?"

"Yes, Milord.  One of the party members is a troll."

Another man asked. "How many are in this party and what do they look like?"

"I saw one elf, no two elves, one female, two males, one the magican and the other dressed like a ranger, and one troll.  There may have been others but that is all that I have seen."

"How do you know they are here in Strata?" asked Troas.

"A certain man of your acquaintance, Milord. A man who carries much weight of Strata upon his shoulders, has captured one of them."

Troas raised an eyebrow. So Damien has one captured.  Probably the female.  That would be my guess.  "I see," said Troas.  "Continue."

Hashish sat there listening.  His mind was in turmoil as Nahor continued with what he knew.

You can think about it, even plan on it but don't try it.

I have travelled far and wide.
And Foiro's must have been my guide.
For I have discovered these things to be true;
A man must have two, mayhap three things in life to be truly happy.
A good weapon at his side.
A virtuous wife, if he can find her.
A quver full of children.
Sadly, I only have one;
A good weapon at my side.
Lucirina Telor Vevan
Songbird
Approved Character

« Reply #84 on: March 15, 2003, 11:36:22 AM »

Lucirina was staring off to the distance, still ignoring everything around her, tears dry on her cheek and her eyes glassy by tears she is trying to keep back.
As Valach moves closer and then takes a seat by her in the sand a hand inmediatly strays to her forearm grabbing the knife concealed under the long and flowing sleeves of her dress.
"Have ever seen such a more perfect night? You can see constellations of the gods in the stars. Do you know some of the southern constellations?"
As he started talking she slowly moved her hand away and almost reluctantly rised her head to look at the night sky, the black velvet was covered with small diamonds that glowed and blinked faintly. They were the same stars as she had seen for almost half a century ago, when she was young and foolish, believing that nothing in her world could crumble to dust as it did. A voice rang trough her memory, a call from easier and more careless time.
*I give you the stars Lucirina... They are all yours my love.*
A voice she had been trying to forget in vain for over 50 years came back to haunt her along with the glowing diamonds that were on the sky above her.
She closes her eyes to let the painful memories fade away as she sighed deeply and answered Valach' question.

"One only knows the constelation One was born under.
If milord wants he may show me the others."

Opening her eyes and looking at Valach as she talked, more to break the silence and forget bad memories than to actually know about the constelations she spoke to the man sitting by her side, her eyes still glassy with unshed tears yet not a single drop rolled down her cheeks, she had too much control to actually let that happen, even when her soul was begging for relief.

From sunrise to sundown I live my life as a song.
Listen to the songbird, don't ignore it.

SketchesofInsanity
New Santharian

« Reply #85 on: March 15, 2003, 01:06:22 PM »

OOC: Ack. Sorry.

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!

Edited by: SketchesofInsanity at: 3/15/03 4:08:08 am
KeelinElf
New Santharian

« Reply #86 on: March 15, 2003, 01:07:22 PM »

How you got here? Well it seems that my men spied you wandering around the streets of a very bad section of town and when they tried to help, you attacked them. Fortunately they were able to subdue you and bring you here out of harms way.

That was helping? Excuse me, but I'd have been better off on my own!

"What I want young one...is you. I have a fancy for the unusual, unique and beautiful. And I usually get what I want."

"Now that I have answered your questions, please have the courtesy of answering mine. What is your name? And what brings you to our fair city?"

Keelin glanced around the room, her gaze calculating her odds. @#%$. She put hand to the hilt of her sword, only to find it wasn't there. She cursed again. Oh well...

My name is for me to know, and my buisness is my own.

There isn't enough time to do everything and too much time to do nothing.

Atrii Redwood
New Santharian

« Reply #87 on: March 15, 2003, 01:31:22 PM »

Atrii watched as Gararion wandered away from him and Shaint, he bent low to the ground and seemed to pick something up, he stuffed in quickly inside his robe, concealing it from view, however Atrii had already seen the glint. The metal of a sword and he knew... it was Keelin's.
The ranger observed the ground and followed the tracks, they began to grow faint and forced the ranger to put a little effort into his tracking. He looked up and saw the tracks curve and then through a small opening lead underground.
"This way." Atrii spoke sternly before leading them into the underground depths where their companion Keelin had been taken.

Raoneth
New Santharian

« Reply #88 on: March 17, 2003, 07:40:22 AM »

Raoneth focused on what happened inside him, he knew he'd felt it before but he didn't know what it was. Only that he didn't have very much control over it. It brought back faint memories, someone named Harardam, maybe he could help him? No. he was gone.
Then, in the midst of the chaos of thoughts and impressions it dawned on him.

Gararion is a windmage

The fact that at first seemed insignificant to him had taken on a new importance.

Gararion
Wind Waker
Approved Character

Elf, Ylfferhim

« Reply #89 on: March 17, 2003, 03:37:22 PM »

Gararion followed Atrii as they walked.  Wondering what he would say when confronted about the sword.  Hopefully he wouldn't be.

Grarion also wondered what had become of their little quest they were on, surely if it was inportant they shouldn't be wasting time following the path of love one had for a female for that path surely leads to danger and hurt.

Many thoughts wondered through Gararion's head, thoughts about al the party members, more of thoughts about the silent members.  Those who seemed to be there but did not involve themselves within the matters.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]