Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Regal Rusik Tavern and Lodge  (Read 37132 times)
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« on: November 17, 2003, 11:06:22 PM »

You approach a two storey high large building made of grey stone, the size of its establishment seemingly odd and out of place in such a small village as Eresh. It was unmistakable where the main entrance was, what with a luxuriant looking purple banner with gold-trimmed edges draped over the sturdy wooden door way. The banner reads, in stylized gold letters: “The Regal Rusik Tavern and Lodge”.

The heavy door creaks and groans in protest as you push it open and step into The Regal Rusik. The common area is spacious with a circular arrangement of a good number of tables and chairs, patrons of all sorts and sizes sitting at their tables. Most of them were clearly not from the immediate locality. The tavern maids were all young and lithe, pleasing to the eye and polite to the patrons, ferrying orders to and fro the kitchen in a very efficient manner.

At the corner of the common area immediately to your left, you notice a counter that designates the bar area. Next to the bar area is a flight of stairs leading up to the second floor. A middle-aged portly-looking woman with a short crop of dark brown curls stands behind the counter, furiously scribbling away on a pad on the counter top. Standing there besides her you notice a young boy, probably not more than 13, sorting out various bottles and jugs under the counter.

Glayron Miraewan
New Santharian

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2003, 06:06:22 AM »

Glayron traveled north from his home land and ended up here, tired.  He left his lands after being betrayed by his friends an banned from the lands.  He now seeked answers to why he had been betrayed.

As he approached the tavern ahead of him he stood in front of it and examined it.  It looked like a friendly enough place.  Glayron entered the building listening carefully as the door groaned in its movment.  As he entered, the sound of his white staff could be heard tapping on the wooden floor as he walks over to a table.  Sitting down at the table, Glayron looks about the place quietly.

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2003, 06:51:22 AM »

Glayron didn't have to wait long before a young tavern maid came whistling happily to his table. She took quick look at Glayron, and surmised that he must be an Eyelian from his appearance and clothing -- or rather, relative lack of clothing. She remembered the last Eyelian who had stopped by the tavern, a strapping young man just like Glayron, who told her that he was going into the Shivering Woods, and she never saw him nor heard of him again from that day onwards. Still, the tavern maid was in a good mood today.

Flashing a bright smile at Glayron, the tavern maid spoke in a sing-song voice, "Welcome to the Regal Rusik traveller! What may i get you this morning?"  

Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2003, 02:11:22 PM »

A tall slender figure gracefully approached the building that loomed before her. A cloak and hood hinding her features from the worlds wandering eyes. She knew that she was not ugly but she did wonder why people stared at her when her hood was down. Thinking it was better and safer to wear her cloak, she has hidden herself except on certain occasions.  

Though the tavern seemed to quite inviting, something about its size made her cower as it towered in front of her. The banner that was set above the door rippled gently in the breeze the staggered in the town. Stand tall Kalina...it is just a building. It will not bite.

Quietly she made her way through the door of the tavern, finding it mostly empty but none the less still fairly welcoming.Her stomach growled silently, making her giggle slightly at the sound. A glass of wine will tide me over well enough.

She noticed a man off to the side sitting alone and a maid taking his order. Other than that, not much was to be seen other than the furniture and other oddities that filled the room. With a sigh she sat on the other side of the room. She was shy and did not usually make the first move in meeting people thus limiting her acquaintances to a couple of handfuls, they are ones that she has kept for many years on however long she has known them.

She sat quietly admiring the room and thinking, mostly about her past, which she is often known to do.

"...Life is a story that is waiting to be written. It is up to us to make it exciting and unforgetable..." - Shara

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2003, 02:55:22 PM »

A plump tavern maid with her dirty blonde hair tied in pigtails eyed Kalina from a distance for a while before making her way to where Kalina was seated.

As the plump tavern maid made her way to Kalina in small quick steps, she silently mused to herself, What's this? Dainty-looking young lady we have here! Surely she must not have come for ... eh, but who knows how those elves think! I certainly hope not that she --

Before the tavern maid could finish her thought though, she had arrived at Kalina's table. Flashing a broad smile, she chirped to Kalina, "Well Good Morn Milady! Tis' a fine day, isn't it? What can i get you this fine morning?"  

Glayron Miraewan
New Santharian

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2003, 04:43:22 PM »

Glayron watched as the waitress came to wait on his table, but then frowned at the thought of having to order somethign with no money.  He began to think of something to say as she came towards his table.  As she got closer he began to stare blankly at his white staff.

There it was, she asked him, now how to tell her that he had no money to purchase anything...

"I am mam...I have no funds to purchase any of your fine food here.  If I am allowed, may I rest here in the warmth before I head back out."

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2003, 12:11:22 AM »

"I am mam...I have no funds to purchase any of your fine food here. If I am allowed, may I rest here in the warmth before I head back out."

The young tavern maid quietly shook her head inside as she heard Glayron's words. This was not the first patron they had that had no coin on them to pay for anything ... far from it, Glayron was only one in the long line of many. Ah, the prospect of riches and treasure attracts all manners of men indeed! She thought to herself.

Still, the tavern maid was in an exceptionally good mood this morning. She lowered her head to Glayron, and spoke to him in a hushed voice, "Well traveller, i'm afraid there's not much i can get you then. Lady Bretha," she cocked her head to one side to indicate the portly woman standing behind the counter, "is very ... particular about tabs being paid. But, what i can do for you, is to get you a bowl of warm broth, then you best be on your way, eh?"

As an afterthought, the tavern maid spoke again, "If you're looking to earn some coin during your stay here, you may want to head by the main encampment at the edge of the Woods. The men there could always use a hand and some extra labour." She was appreciative of the fact that Glayron had not tried to bluff his way through paying for the tab, and had been honest and straightforward about having no money.  

Mina
Ávash'deláey
Approved Character

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2003, 01:05:22 AM »

Mina had arrived at Eresh at last.  She was, like most of the people here, she assumed, lured here by the rewards the royal family had offered for the return of Princess Nalaere.  She was especially interested in the magical artifact that was part of the reward.  Over the years, the myriad of rumours surrounding the artifact had gradually caused it's true properties to be forgotten, but all agreed that it was exceptionally powerful, and certainly worth the risks involved.  As a mage, this naturally perked her interest.  And so, she had come to Eresh, hoping to find the princess and claim the artifact.  But first, she would need some rest...  

With some effort, Mina pushed the heavy door open, then stepped inside tavern quietly.  It was still early, and there were few patrons about.  Looking around, she noticed a tall cloaked figure sitting at one end of the room.  She moved towards the figure, and took a seat a few tables away.  

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2003, 01:18:22 AM »

<Lady Bretha>

The portly woman behind the counter smiled a wide, toothy grin as she saw Mina enter the tavern. Ah, good, good, the patrons are starting to file in! She had no doubt that the other lodging patrons on the second floor would wake soon, if they haven't already, and would soon be down wanting a hot meal. Lady Bretha's eyes gleamed at the thought of the profits she would be making today.

Lady Bretha got the attention of one of the tavern maids who was returning some cups and glasses to the kitchen, and bid the maid to make haste to Mina's table and serve the newly entered patron.

Soon the tavern maid had arrived at Mina's table. Her curly dark brown locks were all tussled, and on her freckled face were dark eye circles beneath her eyes. It looked like she hadn't had a good night's sleep in days. Trying to sound bright and cheery for Mina, the tavern maid forced a smile to her lips and drawled out in a slightly weary voice, "Good Morn, Milady, welcome to The Regal Rusik! What would it please Milady to have this morning?"

Ariel Galacia
New Santharian

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2003, 03:57:22 AM »

A young beautiful woman entered the small village or Eresh with her back back slung over her left shoulder, her orange hair fluttered in the wind as she walked slowly down the street. Her clothes stood out in this village; no one wore anything close to what she was wearing. On her she had a gray long skin-tight robe, a red string type belt around her waist that held two short swords sheathed, her pants were brown and also skin tight, and on her feet she wore brown slipper type shoes.

She searched the streets for a place to rest, her travel was long and tiring, all she wanted was a nice refreshing drink and hot meal. People walking amongst the street saw yet another traveler enter the city; it was unusual to see so many travelers's within one day. Many thought that she was here to help find the princess, after she disappeared in the Shivering Woods seven years ago. That's not all she was here for though, her face told another story yet you can tell she didn't like to share it. Her pace quickened as she noticed that many people were eyeing her.

After a short walk she finally made it to The Regal Rusik Tavern and Lodge, it stood out quite well in such a small village. She then looked at the two story tavern and sighed in relief, ”You finally made it here Ariel...” she thought to herself. Slowly she walked up to the door and opened it, the door creaked as she stepped into the tavern.

She noticed that there were other traveler's in here as well, were they seeking to help find the King's daughter? Ariel wasn't sure and wasn't one to start up a convocations, she was just too shy to. Ariel lowered her head trying to make herself unnoticed, she then rested her right hand on the hilt of one of her sheathed short swords and made her way to a table in the corner. When she got there she took her backpack off and placed it on the ground beside the chair. She then pulled the chair out and seated herself, waiting to be served by a tavern maid.

"In a blink of an eye I'm behind you... Waiting for you to turn so I can make my final move..."

Edited by: Ariel Galacia at: 11/18/03 20:26
Glayron Miraewan
New Santharian

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2003, 05:41:22 AM »

Glayron nodded.  He had no true purpose here, only was passing through while he searched for answers.  "Where is this encampment that you speak of?"  Glayron looked about and wondered why this place so busy, with a variety of people.  Were they here for some reason or another or just passing by he wondered.

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2003, 06:08:22 AM »

From the corner of her eye, the young tavern maid that was at Glayron's table noticed the entrance of another young woman. The young tavern maid grinned amusingly to herself as she saw the skin tight outfit that this young woman had on. Ah, she'll have lots of attention here, she will. The tavern maid noticed that the tavern was filling up fast, some other patrons had also descended from their rooms on the second floor and were waiting to be served.

To Glayron, the young tavern maid spoke again, "To get to the encampment, just head out of the tavern and through the market street in the direction of SouthWest. Once you are out of the village, keep heading SouthWest and you should see the flags of the Royal Guards. That's where the encampment is. It's a good half a day's travel though, so keep that in mind, traveller." The young tavern maid then gave Glayron a quick wink, "And i'll make my way to serve that lady that has just entered now, and bring your hot broth for you in just a moment."

With that, the young tavern maid headed towards where Ariel was seated. She was still in an extremely good mood. The tavern was filling up. That meant Lady Bretha will be happy, and more likely to be in a good mood. That meant all the tavern maids and staff were more likely to be in a good mood. All the extra coins wasn't half bad either.

Humming a low tune, the young tavern maid arrived at Ariel's table, her foot accidently nudging Ariel's backpack on the floor. "Oh my! Clumsy me! My apologies Milady!" The tavern maid bent down and dusted Ariel's backpack, and then set it straight up again, "Sorry about that Milady! What can i get you this fine morning?"

Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2003, 01:02:22 PM »

She watched as the plump maid hobbled in her direction. Quite fascinating to watch with her pigtail bouncing on either side of her head. The style made Kalina chuckle slightly at the sight. Just wine Kalina, that is all you need, wine.

"Well Good Morn Milady! Tis' a fine day, isn't it? What can i get you this fine morning?"

Kalina smiled beneath her cloak, "I will just have a glass of wine thank you."
Her voice soft and gentle, far from intimidating. A musical aura seemed to float about her, it was difficult to feel or hear but it was definitely there.

"...Life is a story that is waiting to be written. It is up to us to make it exciting and unforgetable..." - Shara

Edited by: Kalina Merenwen at: 11/19/03 5:20

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Glayron Miraewan
New Santharian

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2003, 02:52:22 PM »

((OOC: What do I do now?  Do I post in the ecampment thread or what?  I will wait to make a post in here untill I have recieved an answer from you.))

Evelaria
New Santharian

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2003, 06:47:22 PM »

Eve, the Chaos Bringer enters the small hamlet of Eresh. She sees a few farmers outside taking care of their gardens. Most of them look human, but then she can see a few halflings and perhaps an elf or two. She was hot, it was sunny for her, she wasn't used to such heat. She was used to humidity, but not great heat. She wiped the sweat from her brow and continued down her path. Her gray cloak slid slightly on the gravel and her hood, as usual, was pulled up over her head. She didn't want anyone to see her, she had no reason to allow them to see her. The dark skinned woman was beginning to tire. Chaos was slowly draining her energy, perhaps her god wished that she rest. She made her way through the town, towards a more sheltered area where she saw a tavern. Her axes clinked against her belt as she stepped up to the door.

"Regal Rusik?" she read. She had never heard of it before, but she hadn't heard of many things in her life. She knew her mission and her reason for coming her. Her god wished her to go to Shivering Woods to find the rune of the Silverhand sorcerers that disappeared. She was a bit afraid of the fact that she would be going into such a haunted place, but hopefully she would make it out alive. Not many who went in came out. She smiled, the idea of the danger sparked her curiosity and she pushed the door to the tavern open. She saw that there were a few others in the room, but she payed them no mind for now and walked over to an empty table near the door.

She pulled her axes from her belt and dug in her bag that was tied to her back. She pulled out a white rag and she spat on the rag. Eve then began to clean her axes, they were a bit rugged from her fight with a dwarf. He had challenged Eve's skills as a warrior, both because she was a woman and because she was human...also because she was young. He told her that he was more experienced and the dwarves would "own" a battle if they fought humans. Eve laughed it off and went to walk away until the man grabbed her and turned her around with a lot of force. She fought him and won, only cutting his arm...

Her memory shook her back into reality as she began to concentrate once more on the task at hand. She finished cleaning her axes and then stood up, putting them back at her side. She sat down again, careful of the blade and reached up to her head to take her hood off. As she did this her dark brown braided hair fell down to her back and her dark eyes glanced around the room. She saw another with the same skin tone as hers, he was dark and she smiled.

"So I see we have another Eyelian in this town?" she asked in a low tone for only herself to hear. She had a slight disliking of Eyelians since her parents were exiled from Vezash because they burned a dump plant...but she could understand it, or at least she thought she could.  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]