Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Regal Rusik Tavern and Lodge  (Read 37134 times)
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #135 on: November 28, 2003, 01:26:22 PM »

@Eve:

Lady Bretha listened with much interest as Eve spoke. After a brief pause, Lady Bretha cleared her throat and replied, "Well then Milady, the Eve Magoo that i've heard about, no doubt she's a great chef that has ... gained quite a certain amount of fame ..." Lady Bretha paused to chuckle, a low throaty chuckle, "But then again, Milady, i myself have never seen Eve Magoo, however, i will make yer a deal. I'll keep yer 25 sans for the night, and when you whip out yer first dishes and that proves that yer are indeed Eve Magoo herself, then yer don't pay for the next night, and only pay 15 sans for each following night yer stay, do we have an agreement?"

She leaned across the counter, eyes narrowed, waiting for Eve's response.

@Quegon:

"Hey kid how bouts you show me where the kitchen is"

The young boy stared mutely at Quegon for a moment, and before he could do anything, Quegon had already walked towards the door leading to the kitchen behind the counter.

Lady Bretha craned her neck and turned towards to the young boy while waiting for Eve's response, gruffly almost yelling at the boy, "Take 'im to the kitchen! Show 'im what needs to be done!" and then she turned back towards Eve again.

The young boy subsequently walked over to the door that Quegon was standing in front of, and then gently pushed it and held it open, waiting for Quegon to step through.

Proceed to post in the "Tavern Kitchen" thread Quegon. You should probably post your reaction and thoughts while waiting for the boy to show you what needs to be done.

The Tale of Khiera Meneris
Hold me. Soothe me. Love me. Save me from my Rage.

Roland Hamaton
New Santharian

« Reply #136 on: November 28, 2003, 02:04:22 PM »

Roland stood resting against the counter when lady (Lady Bretha) he had spoke to first thing responded to his earlier remarks, or which was really just a reason to be at the counter so he could talk to Kalina. Not wanting to take his attention from her Roland bowed his head slightly and spoke in a lower tone than usually, “I am sorry Kalina, give me but just a moment.” Roland wished to get this over with quickly so he could once again return to Kalina, but wished not to be rude to the other lady either. Not only was she a woman and in Roland eyes deserved his respect but who would know what kind of information he could get from her at a latter point. Who was to know just how useful Kalina would prove to be, she still has yet to give any indication of a dislike or other wise towards Roland. Roland turns his head back towards the lady and speaks in a tone meant to be mildly distracted from the topic at hand, “Oh yes yes, I am sorry. I would like a room for the night if you have any available.” Almost immediately the lady was busy once again. Roland wondered why she would put up with such people who are obviously wearing on her nerves or so it seemed to Roland. But that was none of his business, and he had tried to ignore most of their conversations it he first place so he really had no idea what was going on.

Roland turned back to Kalina just in time to be met with her voice once again, responding to his question.

"I am in search of someone but not the one of whom you seek. The one I am searching for means much more to me than the princess would to you," She whispered in a low voice, obviously she did not want this known to others. But why had she told Roland then, this made Roland slightly uncomfortable, leading him to believe that he could trust her even more, but also revealing the thought that if she was to know his true intentions, and his past that she might not be so comfortable with him. She might prove useful, she appeared to be with no one, so she was either lucky or could take care of her self, but would it come back to bite Roland in the butt if she was interested in a partnership for the time being.

"If you are indeed searching for the princess, I could perhaps be of service to you." This confused Roland greatly. Had she believed that he only wished to help and satisfy his curiosity, or was there some other reason that she offered to help Roland. “I have some information but here is not the best place to disclose such information." Roland leaned toward her slightly when she lowered her voice drastically to speak that last part. This confused Roland even more, why would she help him of her own will like this, when she obviously didn’t wish anyone else to hear what she was saying. Roland admired how she had the sense not to allow anyone to hear her but wondered why she would trust him. Maybe she had bought his story and she didn’t realize his main goal was the reward and nothing more or maybe she is after the reward. Maybe all this looking for someone else was a ruse to trust her more. Roland hated to think such thoughts about a woman, but what else explained the situation so well. Either way Roland made a mental note, what ever she was up to Roland needed to keep an eye on her, she was either very crafty, which Roland admired, or she was very naive.

Roland leaned back up from having heard what she had to say, looked away from her and pondered what to say for a second, then spoke in a hushed voice where she could hear him with out great difficulty but others would have to strain to hear. “Ok, you have peaked my interest Milady. I would greatly appreciate any information you have to offer or for that matter any other services you have to offer to help. But you are right this is not the place for such talk, especially after my careless discloser of my reason for being here, followed with whispers between us. What is it that you propose?” Roland desired answers, many of which he did not wish to receive here. Why would she help him? Who is she looking for? Why would she be interested in the princess? Where just some of the many questions Roland had floating around in his head. Roland had numerous ideas of how to get this information but currently Roland desired mostly, sleep. If Kalina was to say they were to leave right this moment, Roland would follow, thought he was hoping she would be tired also.

As Roland rested his body he wondered about Kalina. “It’s going to take a while to figure her out. I must keep an eye on her at all times.” Roland told him self mentally, contradicting his actual thoughts. He couldn’t help it; he trusted Kalina and hated every moment of it also.

Mercenary for Hire (Assassin, Thief, and Acquirer of Information) My Character Info.

Edited by: Roland Hamaton at: 11/28/03 6:06
Mina
Ávash'deláey
Approved Character

« Reply #137 on: November 28, 2003, 02:06:22 PM »

Mina noticed Kiushapo shifting about in his chair, and wondered if he might be worried about something, but he looked cheerful enough when he stood up and bowed to her, so she decided not to worry too much about it.  She watched as Kiushapo made his way to the counter, then leaned back and took a look around the room.  There wasn't much happening however; most of the action seemed to be taking place at the counter.  After a few moments, she got up and followed Kiushapo to the counter.  Perhaps she'd hear something interesting there.  

Edited by: Mina Aylwin at: 11/28/03 9:44

Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #138 on: November 28, 2003, 07:20:22 PM »

“Ok, you have peaked my interest Milady. I would greatly appreciate any information you have to offer or for that matter any other services you have to offer to help. But you are right this is not the place for such talk, especially after my careless discloser of my reason for being here, followed with whispers between us. What is it that you propose?”

She smiled at the man. She could tell he was tired and wanted to rest. His body radiated the tone that of a weary traveler. If he is really interested in what little you really have, let him ponder it over the night. Wait till mornings first light to disclose to him what so desires to know. He is just like the others, after the reward. That is the only reason anyone of them would go on the supposed quest in the first place.

"Not tonight. Tomorrow, at the first light of the oncoming day, meet me outside the tavern ready. From there we shall proceed." her voice returned to it normal softness and gentle flow.

She could tell she had perked his interest. Luckily for him, she was not interested in the quest, much less the reward. She had no use for the reward and the quest would just waste her time for her true meaning of being here. She would do her best to get the man on his way then dispose of him but then again, he may be of use to her in the long run if he proves himself a good tracker.

"...Life is a story that is waiting to be written. It is up to us to make it exciting and unforgettable..." - Shara

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #139 on: November 29, 2003, 12:12:22 AM »

@All:

Lady Bretha raised one of her hands to rub one side of her temple gently. It seemed that the patrons were all swarming towards the counter now, what with the sun setting soon and everyone wanting or needing a place for the coming night. While waiting for Eve's reply, she gestured wildly towards one of the tavern maids that had just finished serving a patron his meal, indicating for her to make her way to the counter to help her out.

Millie, the tavern maid who had caught Lady Bretha's gestures, gave a slight nod towards Lady Bretha, and started heading towards the counter. She gave a look towards Celestial sitting in her table still waiting for her wine, Well, i'll just have to let someone else know to bring her wine to her.

@Roland:

((OOC: Roland, once you are done with Kalina's conversation, just turn to Millie and re-request for your room ... Lady Bretha is overwhelmed it seems ;) )

@Kiushapo & Mina:

Millie situated herself comfortably behind the counter, feeling a little weary from all the bustle in the tavern, wishing the night would end soon so that she could get some rest, but she knew that with the sudden flood of patrons, Lady Bretha would make all the tavern maids work longer hours to make sure that everything was in order. With a light sigh, she turned to the next patron that had approached the counter -- it was the handsome blonde male elf, and the lady that was at the table with him followed along shortly too.

Kiushapo had an awkward look to him. and as Millie saw him emptying out whatever coins he had in his pocket, she instantly knew that here was another patron looking to get a room for the night, and that he was probably worried about the high room rates that Lady Bretha was charging too.

Millie already knew that the room price at the tavern was going to be higher than usual, still, there was nothing she could do about it, and Lady Bretha would watch her like a hawk besides her and listen to every word that she breathed. Putting on a smile, Millie spoke to Kiushapo, "A room for the night, Milord?"

Ryldor Gadriel
Miscreant Mage
Approved Character

« Reply #140 on: November 29, 2003, 02:04:22 AM »

Ryldor smiled brightly at the tavern maid. "The King's daughter?" he whispered. "I'd heard tale of her disappearance. Are all of these people here looking for her? The reward must be great indeed. Do you know anything about it?"

Louder he continued. "Well the hour is getting late and I guess we'll be needing a place to stay." Remembering the commotion at the counter, he asks "Do you think you could get us a couple of rooms? Seems to be busy over there."

It is not enough to conquer; one must learn to seduce.  ~  Voltaire
Oh dearest Ryldor, dust thou know thy charm?; The clever smile soft upon thy face; Seem like a promise for to do no harm; Whilst I, enjoying thy tender grace; Should gaze in admiration at thy eyes; As azure as where highest heaven lay; Reflections of the clearest, truest skies; They seem to melt my very heart away!; And if thy lovely words were not as true; As thine eyes blue, still I'd believe thy claim; Of magedom. Magic turned a rosy hue; My cheeks. A spell thou cast upon this dame!; Thou art a most capricious scoundrel, yet; The sweetest gentlemen I've ever met.; ~ Rayne Avalotus
Roland Hamaton
New Santharian

« Reply #141 on: November 29, 2003, 06:25:22 AM »

"Not tonight. Tomorrow, at the first light of the oncoming day, meet me outside the tavern ready. From there we shall proceed." Kalina had said, reading Roland’s mind. He was never great at hiding anything other than his physical appearance. So now Roland had wondered just how much about him she had figured out when all he could figure out about her for sure was that she was a woman, although Roland had never met a woman who was able to keep him from knowing as much about her as this one has, but yet he was still sure she was a woman.

“You have read my mind,” Roland says with a slight smile on his fast, a forced one. He still remains troubled about what little he can figure out about this one and its starting to bother him greatly. “I shall be awaiting your presences tomorrow at first light, just out side the tavern.” Once again so many questions rushed through Roland’s mind but they would have to wait for now. “Good night to you Milady.” Roland politely gives a bow of his head to show his respect then turns to a different sight than he had expected. Now someone new was there, and this time behind the counter. Seeing as how he didn’t get much of a response from the other lady either time he now turned to the new arrival (Millie) and spoke to her in a normal yet slightly aggravated voice, “Excuse me, what exactly is it I have to do to come about a room.” Roland reaches behind him underneath his cloak and grabs a small pouch filled with coins, when he did this he reviled two daggers attached to his belt, one could just barely be seen as it was on his other side, but the other was given plain view to all. Roland stretched the bag open and moved the coins about in the bag, then awaited the ladies response.  

Mercenary for Hire (Assassin, Thief, and Acquirer of Information) My Character Info.

Ariel Galacia
New Santharian

« Reply #142 on: November 29, 2003, 07:05:22 AM »

Ariel sat silently watching Ryldor chat with one of the Tavern maids. His attempt to get information was working quite well. He had a charm that almost nobody could resist, it was amazing to see just how talented he was. “No wonder he’s a merchant…” Ariel thought to herself, as she noticed more traveler’s enter the tavern.

One of the new arrivals caught Ariel’s eye, well her Raven did at least. It was a magnificent sight to see indeed, everything that it did impressed her. Ariel’s eye’s soon shifted though to where Lady Bretha was located, people seemed to be swarming much like flies around her. All of them were Panicking, trying to rent a room for the coming night. “What am I going to do for a room tonight? I have no money, maybe Lady Bretha would let me work for one…” Just as that thought entered her mind, Ryldor spoke up asking for a couple of rooms…

“He's not going to pay for my nights stay as well is he?” Ariel was confused, she didn’t know what to think at this moment. Promptly Ariel leaned in closer to Ryldor, whispering in his ear, “Your not paying for my stay here as well are you Ryldor? I could work for my room, you shouldn’t waste your money on me…” Ariel sat back in her seat, waiting patiently for a reply...

"In a blink of an eye I'm behind you... Waiting for you to turn so I can make my final move..."

Kiushapo
Kissing Captain
Approved Character

Elf

« Reply #143 on: November 29, 2003, 06:47:22 AM »

Looking up from his coins, Kiushapo smiled at the maid, making careful note of the dagger the man next to him revealed as he pulled his coins out as well. Jumping in after the man had requested a room, Kiushapo uttered a silent prayer to whichever god might be listening and gestured to Mina as she approached "Yes, two rooms if you are having them... leaning closer he spoke for her ears alone " If you can be managing it, I am needing the cheapest rooms." Looking sheepish as he pulled back, he apologetically showed the maid the amount of coins he held. "If it is being a problem, then we are needing just one room, and I will be asking if I can be sleeping out here this night." Pausing to glance at Mina, he offered one more request " I would also be asking, do you know of one being called Thaetum, and where we might be finding him?"

Simple answers to life's questioning. T'would be greater magic then I have ever been seeing!
Kiushapo's Story

Edited by: Kiushapo at: 11/29/03 4:37

Simple answers to life's questioning. T'would be a greater magic that I have ever been seeing.
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #144 on: November 29, 2003, 12:26:22 PM »

Summarizinng Post for Eve and Celestial:

Eve had succesfully struck up a deal with Lady Bretha, requiring her to work evenings as a chef for the tavern (17 bells to 22 bells), and being charged a room rate of 15 sans. After a good night's rest in a fairly spacious and well furnished room, Eve was ready to head out to the village center the very next morning.

After enjoying a glass of wine, Celestial had decided to pay for a room in the tavern and call it a night. After a night of restful slumber, Celestial was all ready to head out to the village center the very next morning.

Eve & Celestial, you should both post your next posts in the "Village Center" thread, starting at the center of the village center where the fountain is. Your first post should be a reflection regarding  your thoughts on the night before, and then you should indicate which fork/lane you head down to. Please refer to the Ongoing Story Info thread for newly added info. If you want to head elsewhere, then post in the RR thread, stating that you are outside the tavern and indicate in your posts your thoughts and where you want to head to.

Edited by: Khiera at: 11/29/03 4:55
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #145 on: November 29, 2003, 01:53:22 PM »

Summarizing post for Kiushapo & Mina:

Millie almost giggled at Kiushapo's awkwardness, except that Lady Bretha was right besides her and she would probably get a harsh recrimination for supposedly trying to flirt with the patrons.

As Millie looked at the pitiful pile of coins that Kiushapo held out for her in his palm, she felt sympathetic towards the blonde elf. She had been chattering with Tilia earlier in the kitchen, and Tilia had told her how wonderful Kiushapo had been, even flashing the silver piece that Kiushapo had so generously given to her. She felt sorry for Kiushapo now, and certainly would not like him to sleep in one of the uncomfortable chairs in the tavern just because he was nice to one of her "sisters".

Her mind made up, Millie took a chance upon Lady Bretha's averted glance, hurriedly took the coins from Kiushapo's palm and spoke out loudly, "Ah, yes, Milord, that's the correct amount, thank you!  50 sans for two rooms, that's just right Milord!" while giving him a nervous wink.

As she handed Kiushapo two keys to two rooms, telling Kiushapo that the rooms were the third and fourth rooms on the right down the hallway upstairs, she creased her brow as if trying to remember something, and then said in response to Kiushapo's question about Thaetum, "Thaetum ... Thaetum ... I don't know that much about Thaetum Milord, but from what i heard, he lives around the Shivering Woods, and he's a loner, that Thaetum, and he would be happy to stay away from all of us if he didn't needed our coins and drink. They say he drinks alot Milord, and when he needs his drink, he appears in the Village Center during market days to sell his game."

Kiushapo and Mina both retired to their respective rooms for the night, and were all well-rested for the next morning to head out of the tavern.

Kiushapo and Mina, if you both want to head to the village center, start at where the fountain is. Your post there should be a reflection of your thoughts about the prior night, and then indicate which fork/lane you want to head down to. Check out the Ongoing Story Info thread for more information regarding the village center. If both of you want to head somewhere else, then continue posting at the RR thread, stating that you are outside of the tavern and indicating in your post your thoughts and where you want to be headed.  

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #146 on: November 30, 2003, 04:48:22 AM »

Summarizing post for Ryldor & Ariel:

(note: the information obtained here are only known by the characters of Ryldor and Ariel in their conversation with the maid)

What kind of girl she [the princess] was?
"Well Milord, the princess ... oh wasn't she such a darling! When she came to Eresh, everyone was standing out in the streets just to catch a glimpse of her with her entourage! She's King Aprag's favourite daughter you know, well, his only daughter too. No wonder they say the King has been consumed with grief and losing his mind over the loss of the Princess ... seven years, and the poor dear has yet to be found! I really wonder if she's still alive, Milord."

What does she know about the elves of the woods?
"Those elves, Milord? I never go near the woods Milord, never! From what i heard from others Milord, those elves in there they don't like 'visitors' into the forest, if you know what i mean, Milord. It doesn't help that with the Princess' disappearance, so many people are going into the Woods and the elves there are mighty unhappy about it, i've heard. They are not too kindly to those who wander into the woods."

What, if anything, does she know about Val and the old man?
"I've never seen that elven lady knight before Milord. I mean, most of the guards posted around here i've seen before Milord, but never seen her around before until tonight, Milord. And the old man? I don't know him Milord. I wonder why they would be after such a frail old man."

Ryldor retired to his room for the night, as did Ariel to hers, as she managed to scrape together enough coins to pay for a room for the night. After an uneventful night of slumber, they were ready to head out the next morning.

Ryldor & Ariel, if you are intending to head for the village center, your next posts should be in the Village Center thread and start out where the fountain is. Your posts should be a reflection about the prior night, and then indicate which fork/lane you are heading to. See the Ongoing Story Info thread for more details. If you plan to head elsewhere, still post in the RR thread, but state that you standing outside of the tavern along with your reflections, and then indicate where you are heading to.  

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #147 on: November 30, 2003, 09:18:22 AM »

Summarizing post for Roland & Kalina:

Calling it a day after his long journey to Eresh, Roland paid for a room at the tavern and retired early for the night, in expectation of an eventful day the next morning. Having struck a deal with Kalina to meet with Kalina outside of the tavern in the early morning, Roland was up and ready to go the very next morning with the coming of the first rays of the sun.

Kalina, preferring to spend the rest of the night meditating in silence outside the tavern doors as they closed for the night, was all ready and waiting for Roland in their priorly agreed spot outside the tavern.

Kalina & Roland, resume posting at the new tavern thread (The Regal Rusik 2). Indicate in your posts where both of you are heading, and we'll take it on from there ;)

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #148 on: November 30, 2003, 08:34:22 AM »

END OF DAY #1

Edited by: Khiera at: 11/30/03 0:36
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]