Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Regal Rusik Tavern and Lodge  (Read 37133 times)
Mina
Ávash'deláey
Approved Character

« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2003, 06:54:22 PM »

Mina did not have to wait long before a tavern maid arrived at her table.  She looks exhausted, Mina observed, Business here must have been quite good recently.

She was momentarilly distracted by the entrance of a woman dressed unusually in a skin-tight outfit, but quickly turned back to the tavern maid.  

"Well, I think I'll just have a glass of water for now, unless you have a better suggestion"  

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2003, 11:48:22 PM »

@Glayron: Glayron, you may choose to stay at the tavern and wait for your hot broth, or interact with the other players in the tavern, or you can say in your post that Glayron decides to go to the main encampment. If you choose to go to the main encampment, then yes, go ahead and post in the Main Encampment thread.

@Eve:

Lady Bretha was grinning with glee with the sudden rush of patrons into the tavern. Her brow met in a deep crease when she noticed that all the tavern maids seem to be busy serving customers, while another woman had just walked in. Looking around, Lady Bertha caught sight of two tavern maids chatting in a corner, and gestured wildly at them with a menacing glare.

The two tavern maids seem to have gotten the idea from Lady Bertha. However, neither wanted to approach the woman who had just walked in with two big axes. After much discussion and dispute between the two of them, the taller of the two tavern maids started taking wary steps towards Eve's table, weaving through the tavern crowd.

Upon reaching Eve's table, the tavern maid nervously played with a lock of her dark brown hair, and gingerly greeted Eve in a high pitched voice, "Greetings and Good Morn Milday! What would it please Milady to have this morning?" While waiting for Eve to answer, the tavern maid snuck a quick glance at Glayron sitting across from Eve, wondering if they were from the same tribe. She had heard about the Eyelian tribe, they could supposedly talk to animals. A woman who could talk to animals and who was carrying two battle axes was simply a little scary for her. Her eyes darted a quick look at the young boy behind the counter before turning her attention to Eve again.

@Mina:

"Well, I think I'll just have a glass of water for now, unless you have a better suggestion"

The tavern maid had her hand up to her mouth to stifle her yawn when Mina spoke. Smiling apologetically, she nodded at Mina's order, "Aye, that will do Milady." She was about to leave to get Mina's order, when seemed to have remembered something important, "I would recommend our pickled rabbit stew here, Milady. It's the tavern's specialty, and one of our patron's favourite dishes!" She smiled at Mina. As if to further trying to make up for her lack of wit and tired state this morning, she attempted to make some small talk, "If you be not minding my curiosity Milady, what brings such a lady like you to Eresh?" Mina didn't look like a fighter, mercenary or shady wizard to the tavern maid, like most of the "treasure-hunters" did.

Note to Players: All the tables in the tavern have someone at them now. There are still empty chairs availible though. However, this means that if you were to walk in the tavern, you would have to ask to sit at someone's table with them and not have an empty table to your own.  

Ariel Galacia
New Santharian

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2003, 03:05:22 AM »

Ariel sighed deeply and let out a chuckle when the tavern maid knocked over her backpack, "Heh, not a problem..." she replied in a friendly calm manner. "I would like a..." Ariel trailed off; she didn't know what they served here. A menu would be nice, but I guess no one needed one? Ariel ran her hand through her hair trying to think of a meal and drink that she could get for herself. "Hmm, well a nice drink of water would be nice, and soup of some kind would do wonders..." Ariel shrugged her shoulders, not knowing what she wanted. "Maybe you could tell about some meals and drinks you have, that would be great if you could?" Ariel asked smiling.

As Ariel waited for the tavern maid to answer her, she looked at the amount of people that where in the tavern. "Wow this place has really livened up now..." It only took a matter of minutes it seemed for all the patron's to fill up the tables. Ariel turned her attention back to the tavern maid as she began to speak...

"In a blink of an eye I'm behind you... Waiting for you to turn so I can make my final move..."

Edited by: Ariel Galacia at: 11/19/03 19:21
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2003, 05:05:22 AM »

@Kalina:

((OOC: Kalina! Sorry i missed you during my first sweep this morning ... was in a rush ... sorry sorry sorry ...))

The plump tavern maid nodded as she scribbled down Kalina's order on her coarse brown pad. Kalina's melodious voice made her feel like she was floating on her steps, and she absentmindedly started humming a favourite song that her mother used to sing to her when she was young. "Just a glass of wine Milady? Be right back with you!"

She smiled, and started to turn around to head to the kitchen, and turned back again to Kalina, "If ... if you don't mind, Milady, may i ask what brings you to Eresh? Well, sure, lots of people come to Eresh, but they all bring swords and hunting hounds and gleaming eyes for treasure ... but ... you seem quite out of place here, Milady Elf."

The plump tavern maid didn't plan on being nosy. But Kalina's voice made her feel comfortable and at ease with Kalina, and she thought she might as well satisfy her curiosity.

@Ariel:

The tavern flashed a broad grin at Ariel, "Well Milady, I ain't that good with rambling off all the food and drink that we have to serve like some of the other ladies here," there was a bright twinkle in her eye, "But i can sure recommend you the specialty of our tavern here -- pickled hare stew! Best in the kingdom, make no mistake 'bout that!" She laughed heartily. "And how about a nice gentle shot of honey wine, for a little lady like yourself?"

As she waited for Ariel's advice, she continued to drawl on in a pleasant manner, "And where in the Kingdom may you be from, Milady? If you don't mind me asking?"  

Glayron Miraewan
New Santharian

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2003, 05:20:22 AM »

Glayron waits at his table and watches as the tavern gets busier by the minute.  Glayron made up his min.  Standing, he pushes in his chair a grabs hold of his staff and heads back out of the door of the tavern.  Where to, to the main encampment.

Mina
Ávash'deláey
Approved Character

« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2003, 05:57:22 AM »

OOC: Thought I'd start using colours too.  

"In that case I think I'll try some of that rabbit stew as well," Mina replied with a slight smile.  Then, after a short pause to consider the tavern maid's question, she continued, "Well, I suppose you could say that I'm here to find out more about this artifact the royal family has offered in exchange for the return of the princess."

The tavern was beginning to fill up now, it seems, and Mina could no longer spot any empty tables.  

Evelaria
New Santharian

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2003, 05:59:22 AM »

"Greetings and Good Morn Milday! What would it please Milady to have this morning?"

Eve heard a shaky voice speaking to her and she turned around to see a woman, rather tall, playing with her hair. Eve raised an eyebrow. I wouldn't want someone who has been touching their hair to make my food, she thought to herself. She straightened her posture making her taller, but not anywhere near the other woman. She smacked her lips when the woman looked away from her and towards a boy at the counter. Eve tilted her head and raised both eyebrows impatiently.

"Excuse me, I will be having the rabbit stew with some honey wine, and that will be all," she said quickly trying to get the woman's attention.

She looked across the room and made a mental note of who was in the tavern. There were a few rusted men in the corners drinking or stuffing there faces, but then out of all the men three women stood out to Eve. Unlike Eve they didn't look like they were warriors, one even looked like she was an upper class being. Eve shrugged it off and then looked back at her table, awaiting her meal or the tall woman to go and get it.  

Ariel Galacia
New Santharian

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2003, 06:11:22 AM »

Ariel rubbed her chin then nodded her head at the tavern maid. "Hmm, well that sounds good to me, I'll have the pickeled hare stew and a shot of honey wine then please" Ariel smiled giving the tavern maid her order. The tavern maid then began to ask Ariel a question; Ariel listened as she spoke... "Where in the Kingdom may you be from, Milady? If you don't mind me asking?" Ariel answered quickly with a slight displeasure in her voice, "I'm sorry but I don't like giving that type of information out to anyone... ANYone..." Ariel left the answer at that, and didn't say anything else to the tavern maid...

"Was I too rude?" Ariel thought to herself, but you could tell by the look in her eyes that she didn't like to talk about... home. Ariel ran her right hand up and down the hilt of one of her short swords while she glanced around the tavern again waiting for her food...

"In a blink of an eye I'm behind you... Waiting for you to turn so I can make my final move..."

Edited by: Ariel Galacia at: 11/19/03 22:53
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2003, 07:52:22 AM »

@Mina:

((OOC: You seem to like grey in particular ;) ))

The tavern maid was scribbling down Mina's order when she heard Mina mention the artifact. The maid's eyes narrowed considerably as she looked up from her pad at Mina, "The artifact, eh? You think a dusty artifact is worth risking your life in ... " her voice suddenly became hoarse and low, as low as a whisper, " .... the Shivering Woods?"

@Eve:

The tall tavern maid nodded repeatedly after hearing Eve's order. She was relieved that it was over with quick and she could make her way to the kitchen ... and away from Eve. She didn't think Eve seemed too friendly, especially when Eve snapped at her impatiently. And it was a wise thing to stay away from anyone who carries around big nasty looking blades with them ... she thought. She wasn't staying any longer than she had to.

"It'll be here very soon Milady!" And then the tall tavern maid made her way towards the kitchen, an expression of relief on her face.

@Ariel:

The tavern maid gaily wrote down Ariel's order, and was about to make another quip about the fine weather today when she heard Ariel snap out in a tone of obvious displeasure, "I'm sorry but I don't like giving that type of information out to anyone... ANYone..."

The tavern maid smiled apologetically, "I'm sorry Milady, i did not mean to offend you. I have no business knowing where you hail from at all ... really ..." She paused slightly, wondering why Ariel had taken such offense with a seemingly unimportant question. "I'll have your food with you in just a moment, Milady."

And off went the tavern maid towards the kitchen, still humming happily along.  

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2003, 08:04:22 AM »

Amidst the busy tavern maids weaving their way in and out of the chairs and tables, and bustling to and fro from the kitchen with orders for the patrons, the doors of the Regal Rusik creaked softly as it was pushed open, and a robed and hooded old man walked silently into the tavern.

The grey robes and hood made it hard to tell the man's features and physique. His face was wrinkled, signs of his long years, with silver brows and a sharp nose. It was hard to tell his age, but he looked close to 70 years old or more. He held an ornate chrome-coloured staff in one gloved hand, and a well-worn leather bag was slung over the shoulder of his other arm.

The old man made his way to the one remaining empty table that Glayron had left and sat down, waiting to be served by a tavern maid.

Edited by: Khiera at: 11/20/03 0:16
Ariel Galacia
New Santharian

« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2003, 11:45:22 AM »

OOC: I used Italics for her thoughts, she not talking to anyone just thinking.

"Why did I have to snap at her like that? That's not the way I should be acting..." Ariel sat at her table angry with herself for being so rude to the tavern maid. "I really got to watch what I say..." Ariel thought, she then took her right hand from her hilt and started to twiddle her thumbs. A smile came on her face as she was thinking of past memories...

It was odd how she could still smile, even though there was nothing to live for in Kyranian anymore. Ariel was confused most of the time, she had no idea where she was headed and couldn't figure out where she would end up. Ariel's thought's and memories faded suddenly when a robed old man came into the tavern with his hood up.

"Now if that isn't an attention grabber then I don't know what is..." Ariel giggled at the thought. She watched the old man as he sat down at an empty table, "Hmm, why is he hiding his face? Is he running from the law?" Ariel then realized that she was staring at the man for a long period of time. Ariel quickly turned her head away from the hooded man, "Hopefully he didn't notice..." Ariel tried to go back to what she was doing but saw yet another person with their hood up...

It was an elven female, "Now why is she hiding her face?" Ariel looked around at all the males that seemed like slobs, "That must be why he he..." Ariel shook her head afterwards, and went back to playing with one of her short swords hilt.

She had a lot on her mind you could tell just by the look on her face, she tried to keep out the bad memories at all times. Yet they still haunted, and scared her memories, Ariel lets the noise comsume her mind and thoughts as she sits at her table quietly...

Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2003, 12:00:22 PM »

((OOC: Khiera...I apologize for being kind of a ghost this week. Life is soo freakin hectic I can't keep my head on straight. Will be back to normal asap))

Kalina smiled and cautiously removed her hood. She rarely did for the stares that she usually received but from the looks of it, people were already staring for she was the only elf in the building.

"The reason I am here? There is no reason. Merely passing through but it seems so nice that I might be willing to spare a day or two on it," she smiled softly.

She glanced about the room. Her words had been correct, she was the only elf, at least that she could clearly tell. Many humans filled the room, making it stuffy but she didn't mind. It was better than a troll or orc or some other hideous race. She thought about striking a conversation with a couple but their mannerisms persuaded against the idea and she became content with her solitude position.  

"...Life is a story that is waiting to be written. It is up to us to make it exciting and unforgetable..." - Shara

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Mina
Ávash'deláey
Approved Character

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2003, 02:26:22 PM »

OOC: Was it that obvious?

The tavern maid seemed to become agitated when Mina mentioned the artifact.  "The artifact, eh? You think a dusty artifact is worth risking your life in .... the Shivering Woods?"

"It is what I've come to find out.  If it is as powerful as the rumours claim it is, then perhaps it is worth the risks."

Just then, an old man dressed in a grey robe and carrying an ornate staff stepped into the tavern.  Mina thought he looked like a mage, though she could not tell for certain.  She watched as the man walked over to an empty table she had not noticed before and sat down, wondering if he had come for the artifact as well.  

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2003, 02:37:22 PM »

@Ariel:

It wasn't too long before the tavern maid returned to Ariel's table with a steaming bowl of pickled hare stew and a tall glass of honey wine. The fragant spices of the stew wafted around, turning a few heads and tastebuds on. It was no wonder that it was claimed to be the tavern's specialty dish.

The tavern maid carefully placed the bowl and glass on Ariel's table, humming a tune to herself. "There you go, Milady, that will be 12 sans, Milady."

@Kalina:

((OOC: np Kalina! Just make sure you work hard for the other PCs when you take on their threads :b ))

The plump tavern maid nodded as Kalina spoke. Nice? Here? The tavern maid couldn't understand why anyone would think this such a "nice" place. Doesn't she know what this place is all about??? Elves really think in odd ways ... She found herself shaking her head slightly before she stopped herself. Oh well, she was glad that this dainty little elf didn't have any intentions to venture into the woods. Nothing good would come out of that. The tavern maid shuddered inside. It would be such a shame too, such a nice elf lady ...

The tavern maid snapped out of her thoughts as she remembered that there were more customers to serve. "Let me get you your wine now, Milady." She nodded to Kalina and made her way to the kitchen.  

Evelaria
New Santharian

« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2003, 07:15:22 PM »

Evelaria nodded as the woman went off to get her food. She hoped it was prepared right, or she would have to get up and show the chef how it should be done. She smiled at the thought of seeing herself get up with her axes in her hand and attack the chef, threatening them about what to do. She heard the door open and looked out to see a man in a grey hood robe. Eve looked around the room, many were in grey or other dark clothes and almost everyone had on a cloak, other than the woman in the skin tight outfit. He had a staff in his hand that caught Eve's attention, and she wanted to inquire about it, but she pushed away her curiosity.

That would be a great thing to add to my collection, she thought. She had taken an artifact from every one that she had even beat in a battle, and she had filled quite a few bags.

She shifted a bit uncomfortable when the man took the table next to Eve. She didn't like a mysterious man next to her, but as long as he didn't bother her. Or perhaps she would bother him first. Something about that gem reminded her of her mission in Ereth. She was to find out about the disappearance of the sorcerers, and that gem captivated the woman. She shook her head, shaking the thought out of her mind and then waited her meal.  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]