Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Village Center  (Read 36816 times)
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« on: November 17, 2003, 11:07:22 PM »

Right outside The Regal Rusik is the village square, a clearing of paved space right in the middle of the village where villagers gather every second and fourth day of the week to sell and barter their wares. In the very center of the village center itself, stands an elegantly carved fountain of Arvins. Around the perimeter of the village square is a hodge-podge of odd-looking tents, rickety shacks and a few sturdier looking wooden hovels. These are the “merchants” of Eresh, enterprising villagers or outsiders who have set up in Eresh semi-permanently to sell their wares to the many travelers that made their way here.

None of the “shops” had signs on them though, but you could probably tell their business by squinting from the distance and trying to make out what they had in their sparsely laid out interiors.

((OOC: To go to a particular "shop"/"service" (eg. the blacksmith etc.), just write that your character is looking out for the <insert shop/service name here>;)  )

Today is the 2nd day of the week, and the village square is bustling with activity. Villagers have gathered in makeshift stalls and tents to peddle their wares and goods -- everywhere you look you see an assortment of goods -- wild game, candies, clothing, kitchen utensils, handcrafted toys, knick knacks and bric bracs etc. -- and a few services -- a fortune telling stall, healing stands, portrait sketches etc. Lots of chatter, laughter, shouts and yells could be heard throughout the village center from both customers and the peddlers. Eresh's most colourful moments come alive during market days.  

Edited by: Khiera at: 11/29/03 4:16
Kiushapo
Kissing Captain
Approved Character

Elf

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2003, 05:54:22 AM »

Quite grateful for the maids generosity, Kiushapo nodded and smiled at the passing villagers in the bustling market. Standing near Mina he was quite cheerful after a good nights sleep. The gurgling of the fountain vaguely reminded him of the sea and it helped to focus his thoughts. He had spent some of the night thinking of ways to get some money, if he was lucky, he could play his flute for the townsfolk here at this fountain. Glancing at Mina's expressionless face, he quickly decided not to try and convince her to dance.

Armed with the information the maid had imparted last night, Kiushapo scanned the tents and shacks nearest him, hoping to spot a meat shop or butchers. " It's is seeming that today is being a market day, Thaetum should be paying this village a visit if the maid was being correct." Gesturing down the western fork he smiled "I am thinking perhaps we should be heading to the west, that is where the Shivering Woods are being. If we are being lucky, this Thaetum will be coming into town as we are walking that way. If we are not being lucky, perhaps we can be finding him in the tavern later."

Simple answers to life's questioning. T'would be greater magic then I have ever been seeing!
Kiushapo's Story

Simple answers to life's questioning. T'would be a greater magic that I have ever been seeing.
Mina
Ávash'deláey
Approved Character

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2003, 12:31:22 PM »

After a good night's sleep, Mina was feeling rather refreshed and was looking forward to the day ahead.  Standing by the fountain with Kiushapo, she looked around the village center, wondering where to go first.  Perhaps we could try looking for Thaetum; he might have information on the old man, since the knights were looking for him too, she thought, recalling the previous day's events.  Kiushapo was apparently thinking the same thing, for he suggested that they head west to look for Thaetum.  "Yes, that sounds like a good idea.  Maybe we could try looking for a butcher shop," she replied, turning to face the western fork, "And even if we do not find him there, the merchants might have more information about him, or perhaps even the old man."  

Edited by: Mina Aylwin at: 11/30/03 5:01

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2003, 01:08:22 PM »

A group of giggling maidens with baskets full of fruits passed by the fountain and overheard Kiushapo's and Mina's conversation. One of them turned and spoke to Mina gaily, "Oh, looking for the butcher? That'd be old man Sworth's place! Right down the Western fork, just at the end of the fork close to the perimeter, where you see all those shacks and hovels? That's where it is! You can't miss it! The one with lots of meat on display!" She gave a quick wink to Kiushapo while the other maidens gave Kiushapo a few more lingering glances, and then weaved their way into the crowd to their destination.

As Kiushapo and Mina made their way down the Western fork as per the women's direction, the crowd seemed to swallow them up, everyone seem to be talking to someone else, and sounds of annoyed haggling rang out throughout the whole street.

About 2 peds from reaching a little rickety looking hovel with a slim figure standing at a chopping block, Kiushapo and Mina came across two little boys playing in the street and blocking their path. Both seemed to be jostling around with each other in play, and they were reciting a really odd sounding nursery rhyme of sorts. The only two sentences that you could make out from the rhyme sounded something like:

"... go alone and you won't come home,
go in two and make it through ..."

The two boys were shouting excitedly to each other, pushing each other about as they argued about something, "No! I get to be the front one this time!" said boy #1. "No way! You were in front last time! I get to be in front!" said boy #2. Boy #1 started yelling again, "I don't like being at the back! You be at the back!"

The argument went on, and you couldn't help wondering what the boys were arguing about, and what the rhyme meant.

The Tale of Khiera Meneris
Hold me. Soothe me. Love me. Save me from my Rage.

Edited by: Khiera at: 11/30/03 5:44
Ariel Galacia
New Santharian

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2003, 01:52:22 AM »

The light from the early sun shined down on Ariel's face as she waited at the South Fork for Ryldor to arrive. She seemed refreshed and at ease, that nights sleep was just what Ariel needed.

The streets were busy, and all the merchants were selling their goods around their "shop". Ariel was surprised that such a small village could get so busy, "There's so many people here, I'm sure we'll get some useful information out of them. That's if they are willing to help..." Ariel's mind was at work and already focused on the job at hand. Though she didn't know where to begin...

All Ariel Knew is that she was looking for that elderly man and some gentleman by the name of Thaetum. Ariel moved to the right side of the Southern Fork so that she wasn't in anybody's way. She then leaned up against a building and waited for Ryldor, while humming a tune...

"In a blink of an eye I'm behind you... Waiting for you to turn so I can make my final move..."

Edited by: Ariel Galacia at: 11/30/03 17:54
Fluffy Ramblers
New Santharian

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2003, 02:04:22 AM »

As Kuishapo and Mina stood by the fountain speaking with the maidens, six furry heads appeared out of the water sparkling with their eyes.

Target: fruit baskets.
Danger: low.
Difficulty: medium.

*Sqrick-squglle!*
Grey shades in the morning light, Ramblers silently sprang on the ground and quickly followed the maids. Dodging their feet, Sparky, Smuggles and Shurshing climbed into the baskets. Oh, so tasty red apples and plums!

One-two, one-two! First apple flew down, Manymeals caught it and carried away to a dark box near the vegetables stall, where  Ramblers established their headquarters. Three-four! Fuzzytail bore away the second. Five-six! Old Teapot grabbed a little plume and followed the both. The rest took whatever they could and then also disappeared in the crowd.

Few minutes later the pack was sitting comfortably under the shelter of their box and enjoying the breakfast.
Task accomplished.

-----
Squee! Squee!
The rat story

Edited by: Fluffy Ramblers at: 12/1/03 18:45
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2003, 04:10:22 AM »

@Fluffy:

((OOC: I see you've set up your headquarters near the fortune teller lady which hasn't really been created yet lol ... so I'm  going to position you in the North Fork, with your headquarters by the vegetable lady's stall, ok? ;)  That fits into the plot a little better. No biggie, so, next time you post, just make a quick edit to your previous post and change the location to reflect this, ok? :) ))

Enyar, a middle-aged robust looking woman, was sorting out the display of her greens at the front of her vegetable stall when she suddenly thought she saw a little red ball with legs flash by her. Enyar blinked in disbelief. Then again, she saw the shadow of what seemed to be another little red ball with legs scurrying by her. This time, she rubbed her eyes, and then squinted and looked in front of her again. Her son of 15 years old, Loeki was hauling the root vegetables to the front, and wondered why his mother was scanning the ground in front of her in a really odd intense way. He didn't know that the box that he left lying around from last week's market day was now home to a group of furry characters.

Convinced that she was merely imagining things, Enyar gave a puzzled grunt and returned to arranging the greens.

Meanwhile, a shiny new coin had fallen from Loeki's pocket as he rummaged there for a cloth to wipe his beads of sweat away with. The coin fell with a clink to the ground, and then tumbled and spinned and landed right at the mouth of the dark box's opening, pressing down hard on Sparky's tail as Sparky was greedily nibbling at a crispy red apple.

Ryldor Gadriel
Miscreant Mage
Approved Character

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2003, 06:56:22 AM »

Ryldor rose from bed and stretched out his long arms. What to wear today? Hmm. I think I’ll go with red. His went to his pack, pulled out his usual black pants, black undershirt and a ruby red jacket. A red ribbon tied his long hair into a ponytail and he was ready for the next day. A crack of the knuckles and a quick limbering of the fingers in case an opportunity should present itself and he was out the door.

The shops were alive with people and Ryldor walked through slowly checking out the crowd. A “Hi” went to every woman with whom he made eye contact. Walking by a flower shop, he stopped, bought a white rose and pinned it to his jacket.

Luckily, Ariel’s red hair stood out from the masses and he spotted her easily. ”Good morning, darling. Ready to search out the old man?” he said after making his way over to her. ”I guess this Thal... Thalum? is out best bet. Do we know anything about this… Thal... that guy?”

It is not enough to conquer; one must learn to seduce.  ~  Voltaire
Oh dearest Ryldor, dust thou know thy charm?; The clever smile soft upon thy face; Seem like a promise for to do no harm; Whilst I, enjoying thy tender grace; Should gaze in admiration at thy eyes; As azure as where highest heaven lay; Reflections of the clearest, truest skies; They seem to melt my very heart away!; And if thy lovely words were not as true; As thine eyes blue, still I'd believe thy claim; Of magedom. Magic turned a rosy hue; My cheeks. A spell thou cast upon this dame!; Thou art a most capricious scoundrel, yet; The sweetest gentlemen I've ever met.; ~ Rayne Avalotus
Kiushapo
Kissing Captain
Approved Character

Elf

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2003, 09:06:22 AM »

Smiling at the friendliness of the townsfolk, Kiushapo was really beginning to enjoy this town. Glancing into the shops he spotted several he might wish to visit later. Nearing where the butchers shop should be, two little boys playing and arguing in the street blocked their path. The words they had been reciting intrigued him, and they reminded him of the times he had spent with his friends as a child.

Grinning at the boys, Kiushapo noted where the butcher's shop seemed to be and then tapped one of them on the shoulder. "Hello there! I am noticing you are having a little problem." He turned and gestured at Mina, winking at her in hopes she would play along, "If you will be explaining the game, my friend and I will be going in the back. Then both of you can both be going in the front." Smiling winningly, Kiushapo hoped the kids did not think he was too old to be playing games.

Simple answers to life's questioning. T'would be greater magic then I have ever been seeing!
Kiushapo's Story

Simple answers to life's questioning. T'would be a greater magic that I have ever been seeing.
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2003, 09:30:22 AM »

@Kiushapo & Mina:

The two little boys chuckled at Kiushapo's odd accent, but both their faces lit up when they heard Kiushapo's offer and they stopped arguing between themselves.  

Boy #1 started to open his mouth as if to start explaining the rules of the game, but then boy #2 skipped over to Mina, and tugged at her cloak with a big smile on his face, "Are you playing along too?"  

Mina
Ávash'deláey
Approved Character

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2003, 12:24:22 PM »

A few peds from the butcher shop, Mina found their way blocked by two little boys reciting what seemed to be some sort of nursery rhyme, though it sounded rather odd.  Mina found the words quite intriguing, however.  The two lines she could make out sounded like instructions for getting somewhere, though of course, it might simply have been something the children made up.  She considered asking about it later.  

By this time, the boys had started arguing about who would go in front, and Kiushapo stepped in to resolve the arguement by offering to join their game, so both could go in front.  One of the boys came over to Mina and asked excitedly if she would be playing along as well.  She smiled and nodded, not wanting to disappoint them.  Perhaps she would find out more about the rhyme too.  "Alright, I'll play along," she said cheerfully, "But perhaps you should explain it to us first, since we've never played before."  

Edited by: Mina Aylwin at: 12/1/03 4:28

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2003, 01:00:22 PM »

@Kiushapo & Mina:

Boy #1 gave an excited whoop as he head Mina agree. Boy #2 held Mina's hand and led her closer towards Kiushapo and boy #1, and the four of them was now huddled in a little circle.

A mischievious and secretive expression came over boy #1's face as he laid out the "rules" for both Kiushapo and Mina, "Well, see, we are two warriors going into the Shivering Woods! We are going to rescue the Princess! And the King is going to make us Princes!" Boy #2 chuckled excitedly in agreement.

"But," Boy #1's voice now took on a hushed tone as his gaze darted between Kiushapo and Mina, "You see, there are these bad, bad elves in the woods, they don't let anyone go in there, they kill you!" Boy #2 made the sound of a swishing sword and pretended he was decapitated.

Boy #1 recited that odd nursery rhyme again, but again, only 2 sentences could be made out from their garbled childish high-pitched voices, " ... go alone and you won't come home, go in two and make it through ..." Boy #2 interrupted him before he could finish, "So, you always have to go in twos, into the woods. And once you're in the woods, one has to look out in front and the other has to look out at the back ... otherwise those bad elves get you, becuase you can't look in front and at your back the same time!"

Boy #1 nodded excitedly, "Yes! But he (pointing to boy #2) always makes me go behind! I want to be in front! It's hard to walk backwards!" Boy #2 stuck out his tongue and said excitedly to Kiushapo and Mina, "So, shall we play now??"

Right at the moment, a plump middle-aged women came storming through in front of Kiushapo and Mina. Each hand went to one of the boy's ear, pulling them hard and making the boys shriek in pain.

She spoke apologetically to Kiushapo and Mina, "Them boys bothering you? Good for nothings!" And then she literally hauled the boys off by their ears until they were out of Kiushapo and Mina's sight.

Edited by: Khiera at: 12/1/03 5:01
Evelaria
New Santharian

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2003, 07:31:22 PM »

Eve got up out of the tavern at 8 bells sharp and she was ready to begin her search for the mysterious Thaetum. Now, where could he be? The market seems a bit busy today..., she thought as she stood at the fountain in the village center. She saw a few familiar faces from the tavern, but none of them were people she had spoken to.

Evelaria moved through the Eastern Fork. She was now draped in a black cloak, instead of grey, with no hood, and hanging sleeves. Her axes were very well hidden on her back. She didn't wish to alarm anyone by making them consider her a threat. She heard a noise coming from nearby and went to see what it was. "Perhaps it is Thaetum setting up his shop," she said hopefully.  

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2003, 11:20:22 PM »

@Eve:

Even at the early hour of 8 bells the village center was already teeming with people, with many in the process of setting up their little makeshift stalls.

With Eve's axes well hidden on her back, everyone just saw a tanned pretty young woman and many greetings were uttered as Eve weaved her way through the crowd to the Eastern fork. Everyone seemed to be in a cheerful and jovial mood this morning.

Suddenly, there was a loud crashing noise coming from Eve's right up ahead. There was a mini-commotion as some of the passer-bys crowded around where the noise came from. As Eve moved up closer to where the commotion was, she could see two broken pieces of what seemed like a ceramic urn on the ground, with the ground wet with liquid of some sort. The liquid smelled of alcohol, and the little stall where it had fell in front of were packed with bottles, urns and other sorts of drinking vessels.

A nearly bald middle aged man with a crooked right brow was cursing his mouth off, "Them nuisance of a kids! Who's gonna pay for these? Come back here you riffraffy rascals!" He shook his fist towards some imaginary person vehemently as all manner of colourful curse words came out from his mouth.  

Celestial Delmar
New Santharian

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2003, 03:24:22 AM »

An oddly late start to her usual day, Celestial found herself stepping quietly from that Tavern, the feel of the crisp air nestling through her now lowered hood, as raven hair gleamed softly in the warm morning light...Crimson hues reflected the curiosity her heart must have held, as arms rose to cross delicately about her chest, beneath the folds of that all too familiar cloak she was rarely seen without. Something was certainly amiss in the town. She'd heard speak of newcomers coming to this town, in search of something, something that has gone missing. Not that it was of much concern to herself...but the idea of reward was what had sparked her interest.

Gentle footfalls carried her along the path towards that all too familiar fountain, where she caught sight of the usual everyday bustle of people. Rather crowded for such hours, but nonetheless a good place to start her search, and find out just what was going on. Although her good judgement told her not to question those she first came to, she figured perhaps she'd sneak about, and evesdrop on a bit of conversation. At least then she could get an idea as to what mystery there was to be solved. Although she'd heard rumor before of a certain Princess, she knew well that she couldn't be sure til she herself had found some more information.

Raising her arm gently, that all too familiar Raven had circled down taking land on her arm and finding rest on her shoulder. Having just returned from his morning hunt, he happily chittered against her ear, receiving in response a sweet breadcrumb left from Celestial's pouch. Smiling gently, she made her way around that fountain and into the crowd heading towards the Northern Fork in the Road...a good place to start...

"Let the games begin..."

((This being the SECOND time I've edited this post...I'm beginning to believe that EZBoard hates me...>.< It never keeps my posts up...::Sigh.:: ))  

Memories of the past forgotten for it is in the future I have finally found my peace…

Edited by: Celestial Delmar at: 12/2/03 1:46
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]