Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Village Center  (Read 36818 times)
Ariel Galacia
New Santharian

« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2003, 04:41:22 AM »

Ariel stood alone in the streets letting the warm caress of the sun hit her face. She smiled at the birds flying in the air; it was a beautiful site to see. Suddenly Ariel heard a familiar voice and immediately brought her attention to Ryldor, ”Good morning, darling. Ready to search out the old man?”

Ariel gave Ryldor a friendly smile, as he strolled closer to her. "Why yes I am Ryldor, I was just thinking on where to start searching... And good morn' to you as well Ryldor." Ariel pushed herself off the build as she continued to chat with Ryldor. "Well then lets ask some local's about Thaetum first, just so we know what we are getting into..." Ariel smiled slightly at Ryldor as she glanced at all the people in the streets.

She noticed a man walking towards them and decided to ask him some questions. Ariel spoke up as he walked by, "Excuse me milord, but could I have a second to talk with you?" Ariel was in one of here "serious" moods and went straight to the question. "Do you know anything about a man by the name of Thaetum? If so could you tell us a little about him?"

"In a blink of an eye I'm behind you... Waiting for you to turn so I can make my final move..."

Fluffy Ramblers
New Santharian

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2003, 04:46:22 AM »

*Ping-ping-poink!*
A huge coin suddenly landed on Sparky's tail. The rat dropped down his apple.
*Sqe... Sqi... Sqoi*
Sparky tried not to make a sound. He didn't want to draw any unneeded attention from the vegetables lady, who was already looking at their box in a funny way. The rest of the pack swiftly relieved Sparky of his torture, rolling the coin inside into the deep shadow.

The tail hurt. "Oh no, not again," - thought Sparky: "My poor tail is already broken three times! Once more, and it will look like a knot!"
*Squlick? Sqarck-Squee?*
And with few gestures (Ximax rats, though very smart, can't talk) Sparky explained, that he needed a little stick tied to his tail with some cloth, so it can heal properly.

Soon (but, of course, after they have finished their breakfast) Smuggles and Fuzzytail went on a search.

Fuzzytail quickly found a stick of the size needed and returned back. Smuggles took a little longer. Most of the people were too high for her, so she couldn't just bite off a piece of their clothes. Finally she bumped into a woman dressed in a long black robe.  "Ah! That would do!" - rejoiced Smuggles. The woman was apparently playing a strange game with two little boys and surely wouldn't notice a thing.
*Scrackk!* - said the robe losing a part of itself.

-----
Squee! Squee!
The rat story

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2003, 07:15:22 AM »

@Celestial:

Celestial, please indicate in your post which fork you are heading towards (see the Ongoing Story Info thread for more information), so i know what/who you are going to bump into and post appropriately. When you've decided on which fork/direction you want to head down, reedit your post to reflect that and i'll get back to you :)  

@Ariel & Ryldor:

Old man Fullor was just walking by heading towards his usual spot for his stall, his basket of yarns and various coloured threads on his shoulder, when he was stopped by a woman with bright red hair in a tight-fitting outfit.

"Excuse me milord, but could I have a second to talk with you?"

Old man Fullor was a little hard of hearing, and he cupped a hand to his ear, "Eh? Whas'at?"

"Do you know anything about a man by the name of Thaetum? If so could you tell us a little about him?"

"Tomatoe? Down the street right there to your right!"

Then, after a pause, as if he noticed his mistake, he burst out chuckling, "Oh! Sorry Milady, it be Thaetum you said?" He brought his hand from his ear and scratched at his bearded chin, "Why Thaetum sells wild game here on market days ... oh, that be today ... but you don't always see him though, he only comes to sell his game when he needs coins to buy them ale and such ... he's a loner, that Thaetum, lives around the Shivering Woods too, no wonder he got no friends or anybody who would want to be near him!"

@Fluffy:

Enyar was sniffing at her tomatoes until she thought she heard some screeches coming from around the stall. Her ears immediately perked up. Rodents??? Enyar might have less than excellent eyesight, but she had really sharp hearing. However, she convinced herself that it was nothing, and went back to her tomatoes again.

That was until she thought she heard rustling and the pitter-patter of tiny feet. Rodents!!! Immediately anxious about her vegetables being attacked by rodents, she started scanning around the stall, while shouting out to Loeki, "Loeki! Try looking around and see if you can spot any rodents! I thought i heard something!" Never mind that she had herself sent Loeki off to cart a basketful full of potatoes to the stall. Still, her expression was grim, as if she wanted to beat any rodent that she found to a ball of shapeless pulp.

Slowly, her gaze wandered ominously towards the dark box, and she thought the scratching sounds came from there. She started to step up to head towards the dark box to take a closer look.

((OOC: I'm assuming that Smuggles hasn't returned yet. Btw, LOVE your posts! :thumbup  ))

The Tale of Khiera Meneris
Hold me. Soothe me. Love me. Save me from my Rage.

Edited by: Khiera at: 12/3/03 14:15
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2003, 12:58:22 PM »

@Celestial:

Celestial garnered herself quite a few odd glances as she waded her way through the market day crowd. Some people found it amusing to see a raven perched docilely on her shoulder, some just found it plain strange. Whatever it was, most still tipped their heads and uttered polite greetings to Celestial as she passed them by.

As Celestial was making her way through the North fork, suddenly she was bumped hard on her side, and before she knew it, potatoes were raining all over her, and a big wicker basket fell down to the ground right in front of her.

As the potatoes fell and tumbled all over the place, there were a few gasps from the crowd. On the ground was a lanky young boy, about the age of 15 or 16 or so, trying to gather up all the potatoes that had fallen onto the ground. As he reached about on the ground, he murmured apologetically to Celestial, "I ... i'm sorry Milady, i didn't see you, the basket was blocking my view." He stood up, piles of potatoes cradled in his arms, "Are ... are you alright?"

Celestial Delmar
New Santharian

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2003, 01:45:22 PM »

In the sudden bustle of movement, her raven had gone flittering off into the sky, startled obviously to land atop a tent nearby...having regained her balance rather quickly, Celestial's eyes burned with slight annoyance, until she heard the stuttering voice of the boy who'd hit her. Expressions softening, she smiled slightly, and knelt down scooping up that basket and holding it out for the boy to empty his arm load of potatoes.

"Now now, there's nothing to worry about. No harm done, hmm?" Another smile given, as she urged him to dispose of the vegetables. "Are you alright? You took quite the fall there. Can I help you with something?" Hind of concern touching her voice, as she knew it must be hard work for a boy his age to be hauling about such loads...'Hmm...perhaps this may be a good place to start my questioning...' Either way she knew it was worth a try on her part.

Memories of the past forgotten for it is in the future I have finally found my peace…

Mina
Ávash'deláey
Approved Character

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2003, 01:17:22 PM »

The boys had barely finished explaining the game when a woman, who Mina assumed to be their mother, appeared and dragged the boys away.  "That was interesting," she said, thinking aloud, "I wonder if there's any truth in it.  Well, I guess we better talk to the butcher about this as well."  Then, without waiting for Kiushapo's reply, she continued towards the butcher's stall.  

Edited by: Mina Aylwin at: 12/2/03 9:30

Evelaria
New Santharian

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2003, 05:26:22 PM »

Eve's head shot up towards the loud sound, and she moved closer to it. She could see two broken pieces of what seemed like a ceramic urn on the ground, with the ground wet with liquid of some sort. The liquid smelled of alcohol, and the little stall where it had fell in front of were packed with bottles, urns and other sorts of drinking vessels.

She watched as the middle-aged man began to curse at the young children and Eve let out a low snicker. She stepped up to the man and began to help him pick up his bottles, and urns. "Let me lend you a hand."

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2003, 12:22:22 AM »

@Celestial:

The young boy looked terribly awkward and embaressed as he placed all the potatoes that he had gathered into the large wicker basket again.

"Are you alright? You took quite the fall there. Can I help you with something?"

He smiled shyly and apologized profuse, "Oh, no! No, Milady, i'm sorry to bump into you like that! Careless me!" then, as if remembering something he held out his hand, "Oh where are my manners! My name's Loeki Milady, my mother has a vegetable stall right over yonder." he tipped his head towards a vegetable stall and a middle-aged woman sitting in front of the stall not far off. "And my mother is going to be so mad if any of these potatoes are bruised!" A worried came over his face, but then it disappeared again, "W...What's your name? If you don't mind me asking, Milady?"

@Eve:

The almost bald middle aged man was just about to bend down to pick up the broken pieces of ceramic when Eve approached, "Let me lend you a hand."

The man looked up, and nodded in gratitude, "Aye, thank you very much, Milady. Those kids a zig-zgging through the streets, such a pain and nuisance! You have to wonder where their parents are to keep a rein on them! Now who's going to pay for these???" He starts to mutter even more colourful curses under his breath. "And a customer is expecting his usual order too! Now i have to send my boys to run back over to the store house and get more!" Then, absent mindedly, he muttered, "Well, maybe he'll be a little late today and not as early as he always is."

Kiushapo
Kissing Captain
Approved Character

Elf

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2003, 12:29:22 AM »

Kiushapo rubbed his own ear as the two boys were dragged off down the street, groaning on their behalf. He had learned early on to protect his ears when his mom came looking for him, but he still knew how it felt.

Taking a few quick steps to catch up to Mina, he eyed the meat hanging from the butcher's little shack for a moment, smiling as he recognized quality cuts. Next turning his attention the slim figure at the cutting block, he raised his voice to be heard over the market "Well met! We have been coming to speak to the butcher."

Simple answers to life's questioning. T'would be greater magic then I have ever been seeing!
Kiushapo's Story

Simple answers to life's questioning. T'would be a greater magic that I have ever been seeing.
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2003, 03:15:22 AM »

@Mina & Kiushapo:

((OOC: We'll just assume that Smuggles ran off with the piece of robe without being noticed ... have other plans in store for them *grin*))

A slender female figure with long, luxuriant dark brown hair tied up in a high ponytail stood at the chopping block in front of what appeared to the butcher's shop. Cuts and blocks of a variety of meat were either hanging or displayed in some other way for the customers. She was mincing a slice of loin for a customer, and it seemed like it was a good business day, since there was already a long line of people waiting for their meat.

As she raised her head from the chopping block, she saw Mina approaching, followed closely behind by Kiushapo. Kiushapo's voice rang out loud and clear amidst the market background chatter, "Well met! We have been coming to speak to the butcher."

She grinned and answered back as they both approached, "That would be me that you are looking for, Milord, Milady," She gave Mina and Kiushapo each a nod in greeting. She thought that they must be newcomers to the market, as she had never seen them before, "And if you're wondering about Old Man Sworth because you've been directed to him, Old Man's Sworth's my father, i'm Willow, taking over the family business." She chuckled. Her voice was soft and pleasnt to the ear, and her slender physique matched her name pretty well -- she seemed as slim and frail as a willow tree, and you wonder how a slender young woman like her -- who didn't look a day over 23 -- could be hacking so efficiently away at big chops of meat. Then you notice her well developed biceps peaking out from her rolled up sleeves.

Willow smiled again, "So, what can i get you today? Hare? Fowl? Deer? Beef? Lamb? Squirrel? Anything?"

Ariel Galacia
New Santharian

« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2003, 04:41:22 AM »

"... he's a loner, that Thaetum, lives around the Shivering Woods too, no wonder he got no friends or anybody who would want to be near him!"

Ariel smiled a bit, nodding her head to the man, as she thought of new questions to inquire about. "Ok, so where could he be located today? At his shop, or at home?" Ariel asked, as she glanced over to Ryldor.

Leisurely she stepped closer to him and started to verbalize, "You have any other ideas on who we could talk to? If so we should probably do it before we go see Thaetum..." The tone of her voice was eager and ready to get started. “And another thing, did you wish to ask this man any more questions yourself?” She asked smiling at Ryldor...

Afterwards she glanced back at the man as she asked her final question, "Do you know anything else that could be of any importance to us? Me and my friend here are trying to find the princess, we wish to bring her back to her father... King Aprag." She waited quietly with her arms crossed as he began to reply...

"In a blink of an eye I'm behind you... Waiting for you to turn so I can make my final move..."

Mina
Ávash'deláey
Approved Character

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2003, 04:44:22 AM »

Mina was surprised that the young lady in front of them was the butcher---she appeared far too frail.  Taking a closer look, however, Mina noticed that the woman had rather well developed biceps.  That explains it.  

"So, what can i get you today? Hare? Fowl? Deer? Beef? Lamb? Squirrel? Anything?"

"Well, we were actually hoping that you'd be able to help us find a person named Thaetum," Mina replied, getting straight to the point.  Then, after a brief pause, she added, "I was also wondering if you could tell us more about the Shivering Woods.  We...were told that it was necessary to go as a pair if we intend to enter the Woods."  

Evelaria
New Santharian

« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2003, 04:53:22 AM »

Eve smiled at the man. He reminded her of her father. She stood up and looked over the jars and bottles. "If you need someone to pay for a few things I wouldn't mind helping you out if you could help me. I am looking for someone named Thaetum. If you could provide me with any information about him I would be glad to help you out here."

She smiled warmly, and then dug in her pouch at her waist for a 20 sans. She had more, but this was just to show the old man what she had in store if he was willing to cooperate.  

Ryldor Gadriel
Miscreant Mage
Approved Character

« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2003, 05:00:22 AM »

Ryldor inwardly grimaced as Ariel addressed the old man. I guess she's not much for subtlety. Taking a quick glance around, he again questioned the wisdom of this endeavor. I wonder how many other people are crazy enough to be out looking for Thaetum, the guards prime target, right now.

Ryldor snapped out of his thoughts as he heard Ariel ask him a question. "No. I think we're better off focusing on one task at a time. After we hear what Thaetum has to say, we can decide our next steps."

Taking a step closer to the conversation, Ryldor did his best to seem disarming. "Thaetum lives near the Shivering Woods? I thought it was very dangerous place? Can you tell us anything about it?"

Edited by: Ryldor Gadriel at: 12/2/03 21:17

It is not enough to conquer; one must learn to seduce.  ~  Voltaire
Oh dearest Ryldor, dust thou know thy charm?; The clever smile soft upon thy face; Seem like a promise for to do no harm; Whilst I, enjoying thy tender grace; Should gaze in admiration at thy eyes; As azure as where highest heaven lay; Reflections of the clearest, truest skies; They seem to melt my very heart away!; And if thy lovely words were not as true; As thine eyes blue, still I'd believe thy claim; Of magedom. Magic turned a rosy hue; My cheeks. A spell thou cast upon this dame!; Thou art a most capricious scoundrel, yet; The sweetest gentlemen I've ever met.; ~ Rayne Avalotus
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2003, 08:41:22 AM »

@Ariel & Ryldor:

Old man Fullor was used to the barrage of questions about the Shivering Woods and such, so many travellers have come to seek out the Princess and were ever so eager to find out anything and everything about the woods. He found it kind of hard to follow the questions that Ariel and Ryldor were throwing at him though, and his hard-of-hearing problem wasn't helping either.

"Ok, so where could he be located today? At his shop, or at home?"

Old man Fullor blinked. "Home? Home? Don't know where home is for Thaetum, everyone just knows he lives around the Shivering Woods ... well not in the woods, but around it. You might find him around in the market today though, it's been a while since he last came to sell his game ... ah, yea, it would be about time now." He chuckled, as if revelling in a private joke with himself.  

"Thaetum lives near the Shivering Woods? I thought it was very dangerous place? Can you tell us anything about it?"

Old man Fullow nodded profusely, "Yea! It's a dangerous place i tell you! If you know what's good for you, you'll stay away! People who go into the woods never come back out  again ... and those ... those bloodthirsty elves in there." Old man Fullor shuddered slightly. "But Thaetum ... i don't know, nobody knows really. They say Thaetum can go in and out of the woods as he pleases. Nobody has had the guts to follow him to find out though." He chuckled again. He narrowed his eyes a little, "They say the Shivering Woods are haunted by the tormented souls of the Silver Hand, bunch o'mages who tried to conjure up immortality or something. Nobody really knows what happened to them, because they never came out again, and people believe that because they never came out, they make sure that others don't either!" He coughed. "I wouldn't know though. I never go near them woods. Never."

"Do you know anything else that could be of any importance to us? Me and my friend here are trying to find the princess, we wish to bring her back to her father... King Aprag."

Old man Fullor looked at Ariel with a sad glint in his eyes. "Aye, the Princess. Poor soul. I think that she's already gone to Queprur now, it's been ... seven years! You two best be using your time on some other endeavour ... we were all so fond of her, the Princess, yes ... yes ..." He rambled on for a well, in words incomprehensible to all but himself, then he coughed again and spoke up, "If you want to know about the Woods, best to do would be to ask the guards posted all around the woods, yea, they would know more, after all, they've been around for almost seven years there, they can tell you more." He turned and pointed towards the West, "About half a day's journey to the West is the main encampment, you might want to ask about the woods there."

Then, old man Fullor smiled and gave a polite bow, "You be excusing me now, i have a customer waiting for these yarns of mine." and he shuffled off into the crowds towards the East.  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]