Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Village Center  (Read 36817 times)
quegon
New Santharian

« Reply #165 on: December 13, 2003, 02:03:22 PM »

Quegon finaly reached the town centre, he had gotten stuck in a crowed. "last time I go out during a market day too many people" he mutterd as he adjusted his cloak "I think someone tried to pick my pocket back there" Quegon kept on moving whilst he checked his pack when he realised something was wrong.

Quegon looked around to see that the people in the villiage centre had formed a circle around it and were keeping away from the centre, he then saw why, as in the centre were some armed soldiers as well as some of the patrons he had seen in the tavern the night before. "looks like trouble" Quegon said to himself maybe I can lend a hand he thought to himself as he approached them now realising they had weapons drawn looks like fun

Indecision kills so decide a Quick death or a slow one

Quegon

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #166 on: December 14, 2003, 01:42:22 AM »

@Cacunai:

((OOC: Oic ... well, i can't stand Harry Potter so ... :wink2  Also, how did you know the Princess was a child? *GRIN*))

"I would do it even if there were no reward, goodwoman. Children are generally defenseless; as such my honor compels me to search for her. Who else knows of this? Who must I contend with?"

The woman chuckled ... at least it sounded like a chuckle, but in truth, it sounded alot like inward imploding wheezing, "A child? Child ... no ... no ... child she was ... but child no more ... no more ..." The woman leaned forward on one elbow, "The prince ... escaped ... the princess ... did not ... guards all over the woods ... everyone wants to ... find the princess ... no one ... has suceeded ... the elves .... in the woods ... don't like guests ... it would be wise ... not to ... venture into the woods."

The woman reached into a large cloth bag that had bits of odds and ends in it, rummaged inside it a little, and pulled out what seemed to be a tattered piece of light blue cloth, with double R's in gold trimmings elegantly embroidered at one of its tattered corners. Her hand shook slightly as she carefully handed the piece of tattered cloth over to Cacunai, without saying a word.  

The Tale of Khiera Meneris
Hold me. Soothe me. Love me. Save me from my Rage.

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #167 on: December 14, 2003, 01:47:22 AM »

@Kiushapo:

A jolt of sharp pain shot up through his spine as the tall guard fell hard on his back. With a loud groan, he tried to sit up and regain a defensive position, but Kiushapo was fast and had already straddled atop of him. Raising his fist to deliver a punch to ward off Kiushapo, the last thing he saw was a hard hilt of a sword rushing towards his face as his fist touched Kiushapo's shoulder.

Without even a groan, the body of the guard crumpled to the ground out cold, his head lolling to one side, a deep red bruise on his cheek.  

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #168 on: December 14, 2003, 01:53:22 AM »

@Quegon:

The armed guard that had shouted out to Quegon frowned as Quegon ignored his instructions to halt and kept on moving forward. The situation was already chaotic enough without the need for nosey by-standers to try to stir things up! Blasted deaf coot! The guard proceeded to move forward, blocking Quegon's way forward.

The guard held out his sword as he squared his shoulders, and barked out to Quegon, "Keep your distance! None shall proceed beyond me until the Lieutanent has straightened things out!" He growled.

quegon
New Santharian

« Reply #169 on: December 14, 2003, 02:55:22 AM »

Quegon smiled, a sword was nothing compared to what he had faced in the past, "point that lump of metal at me and you'll get a few lumps on your head" he said as he reached under his cloak and clutched his hidden sword.

Quegon

Kiushapo
Kissing Captain
Approved Character

Elf

« Reply #170 on: December 14, 2003, 03:06:22 AM »

Using his sword to stand up from straddling the guard, Kiushapo felt at his chest. The blood was already drying along the shallow cut , but his vest looked like it was going to need yet another patch, the biggest yet. Idly wondering where the seamstress' shop was, Kiushapo once again began running towards the village center, the crowd slowing him down some, until they noticed he had his sword out. Weaving his way through the people, he kept an eye out for Mina and Thaetum.

The crowds thickened as he neared the square. He was going to have to push his way through it to get a better view of what had brought them there. Ignoring the outraged squawks of men and women alike, he plowed through, suddenly breaking through into the square. There was Mina and the woman from the tavern with a couple of the guards, and over there, Valannia, and with her, another couple from the tavern, and in the center of it all was Thaetum. The flash of steel near the edge of the crowd drew his attention to the guards there. Eyeing his sword, out for all to see, he quickly hid it behind his back, stepping back to try and blend back into the crowd. Hopefully none of them had seen him bursting into the square, but he didn't trust his luck that far.

Simple answers to life's questioning. T'would be a greater magic that I have ever been seeing.
Kiushapo's Story

Edited by: Kiushapo at: 12/13/03 19:20

Simple answers to life's questioning. T'would be a greater magic that I have ever been seeing.
Cacunai
New Santharian

« Reply #171 on: December 14, 2003, 06:44:22 AM »

OOC: Me neither, but I do like Trelawney... well, I assumed. The title of Princess is usually bestowed on females of the youthful persuasion.

IC:

Cacunai listened intently, knowing that the information this old woman gave her would be more than useful. When she was handed the cloth, she took it gently for fear of damaging it and studied it carefully.

Thank you, madame. I am sure this will be useful.

She looked up and saw as if for the first time just how old and decrepit the woman really was. She tentatively reached out a hand to cover the old woman's (hand).

Thank you.

Edited by: Cacunai at: 12/13/03 22:45
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #172 on: December 14, 2003, 08:29:22 AM »

@Quegon:

"point that lump of metal at me and you'll get a few lumps on your head"

The guard was enraged by Quegon's words -- first Quegon had refused to heed his words, now he was openly mocking him. Enough was enough. Some people just needed to be taught a lesson.

The guard snarled at Quegon, and held his sword at the ready, "One more step forward little man, and I'll show you what lumps are." He was dead serious, and would not be hesitant to strike Quegon down if Quegon attempted to defy his orders again.  

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #173 on: December 14, 2003, 08:38:22 AM »

@Cacunai:

((OOC: I've always assumed the title "Princess" as one for a certain position in the royal family regardless of age ... *hmms*))

As Cacunai's hand moved over the old woman's hand, she (the old woman) suddenly jolted as if wanting to draw her hand back towards herself, but in an instant, she flipped her wrist upwards and clutched Cacunai's hand tightly, grasping it as if afraid that Cacunai would run away all of a sudden. In her wheezing tone of voice, she rasped at Cacunai, "Your name Seer??? Your name???" It was as if that was the most important thing in the world to her at that moment -- to know Cacunai's name.  

Evelaria
New Santharian

« Reply #174 on: December 14, 2003, 08:48:22 AM »

Eve looked at the guard that stood between herself and Mina and she thought about just taking her axes and cutting off his head. She could tell that he was a skilled warrior, but she was fast and agile and strong. She watched as swords encircled herself and Mina and she turned to face the mage.

"What now...?"

Cacunai
New Santharian

« Reply #175 on: December 14, 2003, 10:12:22 AM »

OOC: Eh, whatever. I ish clever.

IC:

Cacunai barely contained her reflex to jerk as the old woman grabbed her hand.

My name is Cacunai, madame, though some know me as Auriel, Myrilandel, or Jalil'sadei.

She nodded quickly, several times, to emphasize her point and stared into the crone's eyes unblinkingly.

Edited by: Cacunai at: 12/14/03 2:13
Valannia Incendarious
« Reply #176 on: December 14, 2003, 10:20:22 AM »

Lieutenant Valannia considering that Ryldor would not oblige but saw no call for embarrassing the pitiable fellow further. "As'én injèrán cár'tuulén" The words only audible to those in Valannias immediate surroundings as she stood, an inferno of rage upon her supple features, nimbly she turned to face the crowd. Vals indigo eyes seeming to be aflame, her golden tresses flowing about her supple face and shrouding all but glaring eyes and a wicked smile of glee. “Seize him!” She pointed a pale hand to Thaetum her eyes locked for a fleeting moment upon the mounted guardsman. “Help him apprehend that man, Xin.”

“Now for the rest of you.” Valannia turned to basically Mina and Eve since it was apparent one of them was thinking of assailing the guards. “I will have anyone drawing a weapon upon my guardsmen as traitors to the crown with a punishment of …. Death. If you have any questions then step forward.” Valannia stepped back as her blades slid from their sheaths, the air about them weeping in their passing. Bramblefang poised overhead in a parallel arrangement with Shadowmar that was seized to full length in the direction of Eve and Mina. “Any takers today Ladies?”

The guards sheathed their blades and drew longbows. Val spoke briskly to them as arrows were notched. "Open weapons in this market as of present carries the punishment of eternal silence for the wielder."

~~Tears fall but why am I crying? After all I am not afraid of dieing.~~

Edited by: Valannia Incendarious at: 12/14/03 2:33
Mina
Ávash'deláey
Approved Character

« Reply #177 on: December 14, 2003, 01:23:22 PM »

Fool! Mina cursed as Eve's very unwise statement caused the guards to draw their swords and surround them.  Mina had been chasing after Thaetum with Eve, so it was only logical that they thought she was wih Eve.  

"What now...?" Eve asked.  What now?!  Weren't you just threatening to fight them?!

And now the knight Valannia had her attention focused on them.  She won't be easy to handle.  Mina thought, noting how at ease the knight seemed to be with her two swords.  At least the two guards watching them had switched to bows and arrows, which she could defend herself against more easily, though it would require her to reveal her magical abilities.  It seemed inevitable now that a fight was going to break out.  Watching Valannia and the archers closely, she wondered if Eve would be able to take on the knight by herself, allowing her to escape.  

quegon
New Santharian

« Reply #178 on: December 14, 2003, 03:47:22 PM »

Quegon looked at the guards then at their Lieutenant, wow pretty to bad I'm gonna have to go against her wishes he thought to himself he then looked at who she was concentrating on.  He instantly recognised the woman who had been at the bar with him the night before, he also noticed an old man with her of whom the Lieutenant seemed to be very keen upon Don't tell me thats the Thaetum jeez what a day he thought to himself realising what was happening, Quegon focused back on the guard infront of him as an arrow was notched "you guards sure do like pointy things, I really don't feel like getting a death sentence put on my head so I won't draw my weapon" Quegon said with a smile as he removed his sword from under his cloak, to show that it still was in its sheath "instead I'll just bash you to with the sheath for pointing that arrow at me" and with that said he rushed the guard and held his sword up ready to deflect any arrows.

Quegon

Evelaria
New Santharian

« Reply #179 on: December 14, 2003, 09:32:22 PM »

Eve watched as Valannia approached the two women and spoke. “I will have anyone drawing a weapon upon my guardsmen as traitors to the crown with a punishment of …. Death. If you have any questions then step forward.” Eve raised an eyebrow and moved her hand down towards her side. If the knight attacked the berserker Eve wouldn't hesitate to act by retaliating.

“Any takers today Ladies?" Eve stepped forward towards Valannia, not taking out her axes, only wishing to make a statement. "None of us threatened to fight you. I merely stated that if I must fight you than so be it. You are making this bigger than it must be. We know not this man Thaetum, but we do wish to gain information from him. And I do not serve the lord of this city and trust that if I am slaughtered the Eyelians and the Mullogs will be highly enraged. Do not take that as a threat, just a warning my lady knight. Now I beg of you put your weapons away...for if it is right for you to take yours out in self-defense than I shall do the same."

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]