Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Village Center (2)  (Read 17286 times)
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« on: December 15, 2003, 01:11:22 PM »

Right outside The Regal Rusik is the village square, a clearing of paved space right in the middle of the village where villagers gather every second and fourth day of the week to sell and barter their wares. In the very center of the village center itself, stands an elegantly carved fountain of Arvins. Around the perimeter of the village square is a hodge-podge of odd-looking tents, rickety shacks and a few sturdier looking wooden hovels. These are the “merchants” of Eresh, enterprising villagers or outsiders who have set up in Eresh semi-permanently to sell their wares to the many travelers that made their way here.

None of the “shops” had signs on them though, but you could probably tell their business by squinting from the distance and trying to make out what they had in their sparsely laid out interiors.

((OOC: To go to a particular "shop"/"service" (eg. the blacksmith etc.), just write that your character is looking out for the <insert shop/service name here> )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today is the 2nd day of the week, and the village square is bustling with activity. Villagers have gathered in makeshift stalls and tents to peddle their wares and goods -- everywhere you look you see an assortment of goods -- wild game, candies, clothing, kitchen utensils, handcrafted toys, knick knacks and bric bracs etc. -- and a few services -- a fortune telling stall, healing stands, portrait sketches etc. Lots of chatter, laughter, shouts and yells could be heard throughout the village center from both customers and the peddlers. Eresh's most colourful moments come alive during market days.  

The Tale of Khiera Meneris
Hold me. Soothe me. Love me. Save me from my Rage.

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2003, 12:43:22 AM »

@ALL:

As Valannia gathered up the guards and left the market square, two guards could be heard grumbling to each other.

"Ye think we should just go to the abandoned outpost and stake Thaetum out?" The first guard said to the second guard heatedly.

"Nah ... better wait for the Captain's orders ... we've messed up enough already, going to have a heck of a time when we get back to camp, that's for sure ..." The second guard looked a little mournful, head drooped downwards. Slowly, they shuffled their way out of the village center until all the guards had left.

The market center sprang back to their buzz of activity, the market-goers grumbling about the guards' brash actions and gossiping about what had just taken place. Soon, the place was awash with the hustling crowd once more, as if nothing had happened.

Ryldor Gadriel
Miscreant Mage
Approved Character

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2003, 05:43:22 AM »

Ryldor opened his eyes, put his hands behind his head and crossed his legs. In a second, he went from seemingly unconscious to a picture of relaxation. She thinks I did that for love. Women. He'd thought about giving up the pretense, but decided against it. I think I'll be better off if she never knows what I'm thinking.

He looked up at Ariel, smiled and said "This is a lot of fun. If I'd known searching for princesses would have been this entertaining, I would have kidnapped a few myself and forgotten where I put them. Now what do you want to do?"

It is not enough to conquer; one must learn to seduce. ~ Voltaire

It is not enough to conquer; one must learn to seduce.  ~  Voltaire
Oh dearest Ryldor, dust thou know thy charm?; The clever smile soft upon thy face; Seem like a promise for to do no harm; Whilst I, enjoying thy tender grace; Should gaze in admiration at thy eyes; As azure as where highest heaven lay; Reflections of the clearest, truest skies; They seem to melt my very heart away!; And if thy lovely words were not as true; As thine eyes blue, still I'd believe thy claim; Of magedom. Magic turned a rosy hue; My cheeks. A spell thou cast upon this dame!; Thou art a most capricious scoundrel, yet; The sweetest gentlemen I've ever met.; ~ Rayne Avalotus
quegon
New Santharian

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2003, 03:46:22 PM »

"hmm I didn't realise that they had such incompitent sodiers" Quegon said to himself as he stood up and recovered his items. He looked threw the arrow of which he had at the fountain then returned his sword and sheath to their place on his back. better get going he thought to himself I've wasted enough time here shops will start to close soon and I don't want to loose that enyar wonam with thinking that he sprinted back down the north fork till he reached the place where he had moved behind the stalls and hidden the last time, he moved in behind them then shimmied his way to the spot where he could see enyars stall. Quegon made himself comfortable s he knew it was still a few bells away till anyone closed shop but he didn't feel like going back now.

Indecision kills so decide a Quick death or a slow one

Quegon

Evelaria
New Santharian

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2003, 09:34:22 PM »

The warrior watched as all of the commotion died down swiftly. She didn't really know what was going on because her anger was continuously rising, but she did know that this woman wanted to speak with her and the others later. She sighed and moved her cloak back over her axes to hide them and to show that she was not going to be a threat any longer. The berzerker moved towards the fountain in the center and looked down into the pool at her reflection.  

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2003, 11:54:22 PM »

@Ryldor:

((OOC: Ryl, I'm going to see if Ariel can make it with a post today ... if not, then i already have something lined up and will post to you later in the day, ok? :) ))

@Quegon:

Enyar was busy with customers, apparently her vegetables were quite popular with most of the village people. Loeki was kept on his feet as he scrambled around to obtain customers' orders of vegetables.

As Quegon watched Enyar silently from his spot, suddenly he heard the rustling of little feet in front of him, and two boys, looking to be around 6 or 7 years of age, jostled their way in the crowd, stopping in front of Quegon gasping and panting slightly. As they stopped, they noticed Quegon standing right beside them. They also noticed what an ideal little spot Quegon was in ... for going unnoticed amidst the busy crowd.

One boy stepped up to Quegon with a flustered look on his face, "Hey ... mind if we ... share your spot for a bit?"

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2003, 12:07:22 AM »

@Eve:

As Eve stared down at the rippling surface of the bubbling fountain, suddenly a second reflection appeared besides hers, the chubby face of a middle-aged woman, her messy dark brown curls tied up in a bun. There was a concerned look on her face, and in her haste to arrive at the fountain, she inadvertently bumped into Eve quite hard.

All flustered, she turned her head and briefly apologized to Eve, "Pardon me, pardon me!" Turning back to the fountain once more, she started to scoop some water from the fountain with a little wooden cup into a water bag, muttering under her breath, "There she goes again, there she goes again ..."

Mina
Ávash'deláey
Approved Character

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2003, 02:22:22 AM »

As the guards left, Mina heard two of them talking about whether they should try to stake Thaetum out at some abandoned outpost.  She briefly wondered whether she should do that herself, when she suddenly remembered that she had left Kiushapo fighting the two guards by himself back at the east fork.  She turned around quickly, intending to hurry back to the liquor stall to look for Kiushapo, but found him standing just behind her instead.  Noticing that he was injured, Mina asked, with just a slight hint of concern in her voice, "Are you alright?  How serious is the wound?" She didn't think it looked too serious, but appearances could be deceiving; she might have to resort to magic to heal him, if that was the case.  

Evelaria
New Santharian

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2003, 05:58:22 AM »

Eve was pushed away a bit by the chubby-faced woman. She grumbled and then turned to see who it was. Once she saw it was a mere woman she smiled and then watched the woman scoop down at the water.

"Oh, no ma'am, please let me offer you something fresh to drink. That water is not clean as it has been sitting for days upon end."

Eve pulled out a flask from her side; she had two. One was filled with a drink from Hueron and the other was plain water. She handed it to the woman, hoping she would take it in kindness.  

Kiushapo
Kissing Captain
Approved Character

Elf

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2003, 06:55:22 AM »

Kiushapo winked and smiled at Mina as she turned and saw him, waving away her concern over his wounds, "It is being only a small cut, I am being more concerned over my vest, that guard was ruining it!" Stretching his vest out he showed her the slash across the front "I am hoping I can be borrowing some thread and a needle from somewhere.... but I was noticing you were managing to get into some fun yourself." He chuckled and then looked off towards the direction Thaetum had ridden off in "A whole days work being wasted.... Turning to Mina, he crossed his arms, attempting to hide the ruined part of his vest, he didn't need townspeople gawking at him "I am supposing you were hearing those guards too?" He nodded towards where the two guards had walked off into the crowd.

Simple answers to life's questioning. T'would be a greater magic that I have ever been seeing.
Kiushapo's Story

Edited by: Kiushapo at: 12/16/03 22:57

Simple answers to life's questioning. T'would be a greater magic that I have ever been seeing.
Ariel Galacia
New Santharian

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2003, 08:13:22 AM »

Ariel stood quietly, watching as everything turned from bad to worse. Theatum got away by stealing a horse, and threats were being thrown back and forth between people. Soon though the tension died down, and Valannia apologized to everyone for what happened. Ariel slowly slid her short swords back in their scabbards, and began to walk over to Ryldor as Valannia left with the guards...

As Ariel strolled over to Ryldor she heard two guards talking about some abandoned outpost. 'Would he be around there?' She thought, kneeling down to Ryldor when she was close enough to him. 'Well it wouldn't hurt to take a look around there...' Ariel was about to place her hand on Ryldor, when he surprised her and began to speak...

"This is a lot of fun. If I'd known searching for princesses would have been this entertaining, I would have kidnapped a few myself and forgotten where I put them. Now what do you want to do?" Ariel laughed at Ryldor's remark, she then leisurely shook her head still smiling at Ryldor. Speaking to him as she held out a hand to help him up, "Well there is an abandoned outpost that we could check out if you'd like? I heard two guards talking about it... What do you think?" Ariel waited for Ryldor's answer as she still held out her hand...

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2003, 08:42:22 AM »

@Eve:

"Oh, no ma'am, please let me offer you something fresh to drink. That water is not clean as it has been sitting for days upon end."

The chubby faced woman smiled as she looked up from her scooping when she heard Eve's kind offer, "Oh, no, no, Milady, no, no, not to drink, but you are so, kind, thank you," there was a tinge of concern on her face, "It's Merawal again, Madame Merawal, she's gone into another one of her fits again ..." she pointed towards the South fork, "usually a splash of water brings her right back." Thanking Eve again for Eve's kind offer, the chubby faced woman made off for the South fork with her own water flask that was now filled with water from the fountain.

You wonder if it was worth taking a look in the South fork to see who Madame Merawal was, and what the chubby faced woman meant by those fits of hers.  

quegon
New Santharian

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2003, 03:07:22 PM »

Quegon made a face at the two kids, he wasn't sure what to make of them, nothing like this had ever happened to him. He signaled them to come into his spot, how could he say no, plus there was enough space for all of them. Quegon just hoped that they wouldn't make too much of a racket...

Indecision kills so decide a Quick death or a slow one

Quegon

Evelaria
New Santharian

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2003, 04:50:22 PM »

Evelaria listened intently to the woman's words. She didn't even get a chance to offer her help before the chubby faced woman ran off down the South Fork. The warrior looked at the fork and then at the people who would soon become her companions. The guard said that she wanted to see us all later, but I have to find out who this Madame Merawal is.

The woman looked away from the others and then back down the southern fork. She decided she would be an adventurer today, after all Thaetum had escaped regardless of whether he answered Eve's questions or not. Her mind then wondered about the man who was in the tavern earlier. Was that man Thaetum? She didn't see a hump on his back like the one Thaetum had, but then again she wasn't really paying any mind to that.

She started to move down the pebbled South Fork, her heavy boots picking up dirt as she walked slowly. She passed by a young boy and smiled at him. He seemed to be busy so she said nothing to him and continued her walk. She saw a few mice scurrying about, they seemed to be concerned with picking up loose grains from a broken stand that had crumbs on its counters. She wanted to speak with them, for surely they had seen enough and knew enough to help her out, but she had more important things to do and continued walking south.  

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2003, 10:12:22 PM »

@Quegon:

Boy #1 made a face back at Quegon as Quegon made a face at them, but both were delighted as Quegon gave the green light for them to share his cosy little spot. Both boys giggled a little as they scuttled besides Quegon.

The three of them sat there hushed and quiet for a while. It was kind of odd, an adult and two little boys sitting in a street nook with solemn looks on their faces.

But little boys will be little boys. After a while little Boy #2 started squirming a little, and little Boy#1 began to fidget along. Boy#2 said to Boy #1 "Hey, you think he would play the game with us too?" Boy #1 reacted excitedly, though visibly trying to keep his tone down, "Yes! You are smart! But ... he is only one person?" Boy#2 chuckled, "Yes, but he is big! We can both be front!"

Boy #2 then tugged on Quegon's sleeve, "Hey, will you play a game with us?"

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]