Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Village Center (2)  (Read 17287 times)
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2003, 10:43:22 PM »

@Eve:

((OOC: Not sure if it was IC or OOC, but you should realize that Thaetum does not have a hump ... he faked one up to elude the guards ;) ))

The bustling crowd weaved around Eve as she made her way down the South fork. Everyone was busy tending to their own business, and they either went on their way or made short greetings to Eve without stopping to chat.

As Eve went further down the South fork, there seemed to be 3 to 4 people crowded around a little nook in the street -- a rickety looking stall drabbed in bright coloured clothes or scarves. As Eve went closer, she noticed that the chubby face women was there, a little flustered, holding the water flask in her hands.

Right in front of the chubby face women was a turbaned, oldish looking woman with a red eye patch, her one single good eye tightly closed. Her face was drenched, and so were her clothes, she sat still, but after a brief moment her whole body started to shudder violently, bringing the little table in front of her to shake along as well as she had her two hands on the table.

Without a word the chubby face women splashed the turbaned woman's face with water from the flask. Oddly enough, the turbaned woman remained still after her face was drenched. The chubby face women sighed, and the turbaned woman starting humming in a low tune to herself, still with her eyes closed, seeming oblivious to the fact that she was soaked.  

The Tale of Khiera Meneris
Hold me. Soothe me. Love me. Save me from my Rage.

Mina
Ávash'deláey
Approved Character

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2003, 02:23:22 AM »

"I'm glad it's not too serious," Mina replied, feeling relieved, "though I think it would be wise to have a healer take a look at it, just in case.  There should be at least one in this village."  

Then, to answer Kiushapo's question, she said, "Yes, I heard them too.  Do you think we should try that ourselves?"  Thinking about it a little more, she quickly realised that Thaetum probably won't be too happy about how she had betrayed his identity just now.  Even if they found him, he would probably not be too willing to give them any information.  "Then again, maybe it'd be better if we ask someone else about the old man instead.  I have a feeling that asking Thaetum isn't going to be very helpful."  

Edited by: Mina Aylwin at: 12/17/03 18:23

Ryldor Gadriel
Miscreant Mage
Approved Character

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2003, 03:54:22 AM »

Ryldor took Ariel's hand and rose to his feet. Quickly, he dusted himself off. I need to change. It's not good for my image.

"I'm not so sure going after Theatum again is such a good idea. He seems to have a lot of heat on him. My new preference would be trying to find out about Prince Vinigold and what he knows, but I might be better off alone for now. if you like, you can check the outpost and I'll poke around here a little?"

It is not enough to conquer; one must learn to seduce. ~ Voltaire

It is not enough to conquer; one must learn to seduce.  ~  Voltaire
Oh dearest Ryldor, dust thou know thy charm?; The clever smile soft upon thy face; Seem like a promise for to do no harm; Whilst I, enjoying thy tender grace; Should gaze in admiration at thy eyes; As azure as where highest heaven lay; Reflections of the clearest, truest skies; They seem to melt my very heart away!; And if thy lovely words were not as true; As thine eyes blue, still I'd believe thy claim; Of magedom. Magic turned a rosy hue; My cheeks. A spell thou cast upon this dame!; Thou art a most capricious scoundrel, yet; The sweetest gentlemen I've ever met.; ~ Rayne Avalotus
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2003, 04:49:22 AM »

@Ryldor, Ariel, Kiushapo & Mina:

From the East fork emerged a lanky male figure, shoulders drooped and head tipped forward. The figure dragged his steps as he walked, as if a great heavy burden was weighing him down.

As he approached closer to the fountain, you realized that it wsa the bright, happy young man this morning that you had noticed -- Elric (only Ryldor and Ariel know his name). His slicked back dark hair was a little tussled, the bundle under his arms was gone, and the joyful sparkle was absent from his now dull eyes. He didn't look that bright or happy right now. In fact, he looked the extreme opposite of happy.

Ariel Galacia
New Santharian

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2003, 11:46:22 AM »

Silence, not a word came from Ariel. Did Ryldor not want her company anymore? Whatever the idea was, Ariel didn't want to force Ryldor into a situation he would rather not be in. "Sure thing, Safe travels to you and I hope we meet up again in the future..." Ariel released her hand from Ryldor's; afterwards she bowed to him. "...Farewell" The expression on her face turned from happy to nothing... She wasn't sure how to feel at this time, though she would miss his company.

Shifting her body slightly, Ariel faced the east fork. Leisurely she began to saunter towards it, noticing Elric along the way. Though he didn't look well at all 'Whats the matter with him?' Ariel thought as she made her way towards his direction.

Before long Ariel stood in front of Elric, and spoke up with a friendly tone to her voice. "Hello Elric, I noticed you didn't look all that well and decided to see what was wrong." Ariel smiled at the saddened Elric hoping that he would smile back. "Did you need anyone to talk to? If so I'm all ears..."

quegon
New Santharian

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2003, 12:36:22 PM »

Quegon wondered what the boys wanted to play, he never played many games as a child, "alright what game do you want to play" he said to the second boy as he adjusted himself "just promise me it won't make too much noise" Quegon stetched as he readied for the game of which he knew would most likely get him into more trouble.

Indecision kills so decide a Quick death or a slow one

Quegon

Kiushapo
Kissing Captain
Approved Character

Elf

« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2003, 11:44:22 AM »

Kiushapo nodded as Mina suggested a healer, his cut was already itching horribly, he could hardly stop himself from scratching at it. Screwing up his face as a particularly strong urge to itch come upon him, he clenched his fists at his sides "Yes,  a healer is being a good idea. And, I am thinking I'd rather not run into the guards once they are hearing how I was getting this cut." Chuckling, he looked around and then leaned in close to Mina " I am also wondering if this would be a good time to be trying what those boys were teaching us. You can be going in front if you like." He winked at her, his eyes drawn to the downtrodden visage of the friendly man he has seen earlier in the day. Hmm, what was happening to him I am wondering

The red haird woman from the tavern approached the young man, and Kiushapo turned his attention away, giving him one last side long glance. His cut was really starting to affect his concentration. Reaching out he gently touched the shoulder of a passing villager, "I am wondering if you could be telling me where the healer is being located, I would be appreciating it greatly."

Simple answers to life's questioning. T'would be a greater magic that I have ever been seeing.
Kiushapo's Story

Edited by: Kiushapo at: 12/18/03 3:52

Simple answers to life's questioning. T'would be a greater magic that I have ever been seeing.
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2003, 12:53:22 PM »

@Quegon:

The two boys' faces lit up with glee as Quegon agreed to play with them. Boy #2 puffed up his chest and spoke excitedly to Quegon, trying to keep his voice as low as possible as if it was a big secret, "Well, you know the rhyme, right?" Before boy #2 could continue, boy #1 chimed in with a big grin and began to rehearse something that sounded like a local nursery rhyme, although it was poorly done, and with the presence of a foreign accent, you could only make out two lines of the rhyme clearly,

" ... go alone and you won't come home,
Go in two and make it through ..."

After boy #1 had finished reciting the rhyme, boy #2 chirped in excitedly to Quegon, "So, we will be in front, and you be at the back, alright??"  

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2003, 12:14:22 PM »

@Ariel, Ryldor, Kiushapo & Mina:

A haggard, but kindly looking middle-aged woman with her baskets full of the day's marketing looked up to her side as she felt her shoulder being tapped by someone. Looking up, she saw Kiushapo, with a shallow, but nasty looking cut across his chest. "I am wondering if you could be telling me where the healer is being located, I would be appreciating it greatly."

The woman rounded her lips, "Oh dear, that is quite a nasty looking thing ... well, the healer is ill today ... yea i know, healers get sick too ..." she chuckled, "so instead of coming to the market place today like she always does, she's resting in her cottage, and i'm sure she can take care of your cut there, just drop in over there ... her name's Jothia, and her cottage is --" she pointed down towards the East fork, "Right down there ... keep on going till you reach a row of cottages, take the left turning, and ask for Jothia the healer ... her cottage is right besides the weaver's cottage. You make your way there now." She gave both Kiushapo and Mina a polite nod, and made her way towards her next destination.

"Hello Elric, I noticed you didn't look all that well and decided to see what was wrong. Did you need anyone to talk to? If so I'm all ears..."

Elric didn't even notice that he had stumbled up towards Ariel. Looking up, he realized that it was the woman that he had mistaken earlier for ... he blinked, "Ah, it's you again, Milady Ariel." his voice sounded like someone close to him had just died. He sighed heavily, "I only wished it so that everything was alright." He clenched his fist and gritted his teeth as if he was angered with someone or something, "But i will make everything alright again! Those cursed woods and that cursed --" He managed to stop himself in time before the next word was blurted out.

Mina & Kiu, you may either decide to stay and listen to Ariel and Elric's conversation (or just hang around there to find out more), or make your way towards the weaver's cottage ... the thread which i will uhm ... create now :wink2

Edited by: Khiera at: 12/18/03 4:29
Evelaria
New Santharian

« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2003, 04:17:22 PM »

Evelaria watched in confusion and wonder as the chubby woman splashed water on the turbaned woman. She moved in closer to see what was going on, and she put her hand up to her mouth as she watched the woman shake. Could she have been possessed by some kind of demonic force?, Evelaria wondered.

The warrior moved in closer still, until she was standing side by side to the chubby faced woman. "Excuse me, but is this the woman that you talked about at the fountain? If so, please can you tell me what makes her ill?"

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2003, 12:00:22 AM »

@Eve:

"Excuse me, but is this the woman that you talked about at the fountain? If so, please can you tell me what makes her ill?"

Seeing that the turbaned woman had calmed down of sorts at the moment, the chubby faced woman heard and recognized Eve's voice ringing out behind her and turned to look at Eve, nodding, "Yes, yes Milady. This is Madame Merawal ... she's ... a seer." The mention of Madame's Merawal name was done very reverently, "Ever since the disappearance of the princess, she has been getting these mysterious fits. I think she is getting visions, but she never tells us, and --"

Before the chubby faced woman could continue, Madame Merawal, who had been sitting and humming docilely, suddenly sprang up and lurched forward towards Eve, her single violet eye gazing penetratingly at Eve as one hand reached to clutch Eve tightly at the wrist, "You! You are ... Evelaria Magoo! You seek ... the Silver Hand! The Silver Hand???!!!" Madame Merawal was almost shouting, her voice strained, and the little crowd that had gathered around gasped.

Mina
Ávash'deláey
Approved Character

« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2003, 01:10:22 AM »

Mina thanked the woman, and was about to make her way to the cottage when she overheard Elric's words.  Cursed what?  she wondered, Could he have been in the Woods? She decided to stay a while longer, to see if she could learn more about what had happened.  She hoped that Kiushapo wouldn't mind too much.  

quegon
New Santharian

« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2003, 01:47:22 AM »

Quegon recognised the lines as something he had heard about the shivering forest, it of course was gossip he had heard around. "aren't you kids a bit young to be doing something so dangerous and anyhow I'm not traveling all the way to the forest just so I can entertain you kids" he said in a harsh tone as he didn't like the fact that if one of the kids got lost it'd be on his head "why don't we find another game to play, one that doesn't invole dangerous places or getting lost" Quegon asked hopefully.

Indecision kills so decide a Quick death or a slow one

Quegon

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2003, 04:50:22 AM »

@Quegon:

"why don't we find another game to play, one that doesn't invole dangerous places or getting lost"

Boy #2 pursed his lips at Quegon's suggestion, and he spoke to Quegon indignantly, this time his voice a little more raised, "We are not afraid! We are mighty warriors!" Boy #1 nodded his head vigorously and insisted along, "Yeah! Are you afraid? You a coward?" Boy #2 chuckled, "As long as we watch our back and front, we can defeat those evil elves and --"

Just when Boy#2 was starting to get more and more excited, a large, round and huge figure stomped up to the little nook that Quegon and the two boys were situated. It was a woman with a rotund figure and an angry looking expression on her face. Her hands shot out and clutched an ear of both boys tightly, and both boys shrieked out in pain. "You two rascals! Running around bothering people again!"

Before Quegon could even respond, the woman had hauled both the boys off and was lost in the streaming crowd. Well, at least Quegon now had his little nook back to himself again.

Evelaria
New Santharian

« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2003, 05:08:22 AM »

"Yes, yes Milady. This is Madame Merawal ... she's ... a seer. Ever since the disappearance of the princess, she has been getting these mysterious fits. I think she is getting visions, but she never tells us, and --"

Evelaria listened to the woman wondering why she had stopped. The berzerker had turned her attention away from the turbaned woman and was looking at the chubby faced woman. She didn't want to seem rude by not paying attention while the woman talked. Eve suddenly felt a hand grip her arm, the hand was quivering a bit and felt old. Eve gasped and moved her hand swiftly to the clasp that held her axes in place. She was prepared to rip one out and slice the hand off until she saw and heard whose hand it was.

"You! You are ... Evelaria Magoo! You seek ... the Silver Hand! The Silver Hand???!!!"

Eve looked at the woman unsure of what to say, but she decided to speak anyhow. "Yes, Mi'Lady, I am she but why is it that you speak towards me?"

Eve calmed down a bit when she spoke and moved her hand away from her clasp. She couldn't look the Seer in her face, something about her made Eve look only at the ground or at the hand upon her arm.  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]