Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Village Center (2)  (Read 17288 times)
Cacunai
New Santharian

« Reply #60 on: December 24, 2003, 06:59:22 AM »

What kind of game...?

Cacunai asked suspiciously, tilting her head to one side. Something like Tag was not an option, no way! Cacunai had her dignity, after all! She did not rise to her feet, as she was about on the boys' level, a bit lower, as she was. A small smile tugged at the corner of her mouth. Cacunai loved children....

Edited by: Cacunai at: 12/23/03 22:59
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #61 on: December 24, 2003, 10:36:22 AM »

@Cacunai:

The two boys giggled. They found Cacunai to be very nice and friendly, but thought that the suspicious tinge in her voice was funny. Boy #1 chirped excitedly, "Oh! It's very fun! We are going to be warriors going into the Shivering Woods and hunt down all those evil elves!" Boy #2 nodded in agreement, "Yes! Yes! And you know the rhyme right??"

Before boy #2 could continue, boy #1 chimed in with a big grin and began to rehearse something that sounded like a local nursery rhyme, although it was poorly done, and with the presence of a foreign accent, you could only make out two lines of the rhyme clearly,

" ... go alone and you won't come home,
Go in two and make it through ..."

After boy #1 had finished reciting the rhyme, boy #2 chirped in excitedly to Cacunai with a beaming smile on his face, "So, we will be in front, and you be at the back, alright??"

The Tale of Khiera Meneris
Hold me. Soothe me. Love me. Save me from my Rage.

Cacunai
New Santharian

« Reply #62 on: December 24, 2003, 11:10:22 AM »

Ah, but my little friends, if two is enough to get you through, why do you need me?

Cacunai stood and laughed gaily. Burying her hands in her short cloak, she leaned over and widened her eyes comically.

Besides, I am an elf too. How do you know I'm not evil?

With the array of weapons Cacunai carried, she could probably be mistaken for an evil elf if she tried hard enough. However she made a point now of keeping her blades concealed, and olnly her blowpipe was visible. It was only a short length of hollowed-out wood; the boys hopefully would not be frightened by it. They probably wouldn't be frightened if you took a jab at them with your sword, she thought wryly.

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #63 on: December 25, 2003, 02:13:22 AM »

@Cacunai:

"Ah, but my little friends, if two is enough to get you through, why do you need me?"

Boy #1 went "PFFFT!" Boy #2 eyed Cacunai and spoke, "You are a warrior right? How come you don't know?" Boy #2 was just making a wild guess about Cacunai being a warrior. For both of the boys, any stranger who comes to Eresh from far away is a warrior, since everyone seems to be bent on solving the mystery, to the boys it would automatically mean that anyone wishing to wander into the woods would have to be a warrior to get pass those "mean evil elves".

Boy #1 interjected bot #2's question to Cacunai, "Yeah, and if you are a warrior, don't you know that you won't make it out alive if there isn't anyone to watch forward and another to watch your back?" Boy #2 chimed in again, "Being behind is no fun ... do you know how hard it is to walk backwards?"

Boy #1 stared at Cacunai as she revealed what seemed to be a blowpipe. Excitedly, he piped (pun intended hehehe) "Oh! So you are going into the woods! Which part of it are you going in from?"

Cacunai
New Santharian

« Reply #64 on: December 25, 2003, 01:22:22 AM »

Maybe I'm a very new warrior. Then again, maybe not.

Her head moving from side to side, trying to keep up with the boys' quick movements and questions, Cacunai laughed again and fingered her beloved blowpipe as Boy #1 fired yet another question at her.

Well now, that I do not know. I don't know very much about the Woods yet.

Suddenly Cacunai remembered that they were standing quite close to the butcher, and no doubt blocking any would-be customers. Quickly she walked a small distance away, beckoning for the boys to follow her.

Edited by: Cacunai at: 12/24/03 17:22
Fluffy Ramblers
New Santharian

« Reply #65 on: December 25, 2003, 09:33:22 AM »

Shurshing left the tavern, sniffing the air.
"Some fat man was here... and his fat wife... aha, and an elf! No, the wrong elf... and a barmaid... a kid... another kid... Yerun... that evil cook... Eiii! A cat!!! An old woman... a young woman... There, the right elf!"
Shurshing finally found the track. It felt good to do something on her own, without her aunt telling her what's good and what's bad.

She made her way through many legs, big and small, following the track and trying not to lose it in a sea of different scents.

-----
Squee! Squee!
The rat story

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #66 on: December 25, 2003, 10:31:22 AM »

@Cacunai & Fluffy:

The two boys followed Cacunai's gesture to move aside along with her, not wanting to lose sight of Cacunai now that they have found somebody who could play their game with them.

"Well now, that I do not know. I don't know very much about the Woods yet."

Boy #2 had a prideful look on his face, as he spoke up like an expert, "Well now, all warriors should know, the you should always enter the woods from the SouthEast end, you know? That's --"

Suddenly, a large shadow was cast upon Cacunai and the two boys, the large, rotund figure of a middle-aged and furious woman standing in front of the three. "You two rascals! Always slipping here, there and everywhere! We are going home now! Come along!" She huffed, and reached out both hands, attaching themselsve to the boys' ears. With two howling boys, she strode off into the crowd without even so much of a word to Cacunai.

It wasn't too long before a small and hasty furry figure bumped into Cacunai's boots. It was Shurshing, and she had found Cacunai by following Cacunai's scent.

Not too long after that, Yerun arrived with the Ramblers safely tucked in the pockets of his jacket, as Yerun scanned the market crowd for Cacunai, his eyes lighting up as he saw her.

Cacunai
New Santharian

« Reply #67 on: December 25, 2003, 10:22:22 AM »

Oooookay... okay then! Well, good to see you again, boy. And, er... rats. And mouse. Um... yes.

A very confused look resided on Cacunai's face and she shook her head abruptly to clear it. So! The boy and his pet rats (and mouse) were back! What for this time, she wondered as she looked down at the odd assembly. Down because the boy was shorter than she was and the rodents were (duh!) MUCH smaller.

Edited by: Cacunai at: 12/25/03 5:08
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #68 on: December 25, 2003, 01:05:22 PM »

@Cacunai & Fluffy:

Yerun nervously approached Cacunai as he spotted her. The expression on her face didn't look too welcoming, and Yerun hoped that she wasn't going to send him away.

Amidst the busy and noisy market area, no one probably noticed Yerun flapping up one side of his jacket and speaking to the Ramblers within in an odd, scratchy voice, "Ask her ... if she's going into the woods ... and ... i ... i need her help ... please ..." he said to none of the Ramblers in particular, but hoping Fuzzytail was listening and would speak up to the elf.  

Fluffy Ramblers
New Santharian

« Reply #69 on: December 26, 2003, 03:28:22 AM »

"The woods? - thought Fuzzytail: "There are woods around the town? Hm, didn't notice any". The mouse pondered if Yerun was going into the woods. And if he wanted to take Ramblers with him. And if it was wise to follow the boy. And where Yerun was going to find the food for them in the woods. For some time Fuzzytail forgot about the boy and Cacunai. Silence fell between the both.

"Oh, oh, I'm sorry..." - he woke up from his thoughts: " Yerun wants to know if you want to enter the woods. He needs your help".

-----
Squee! Squee!
The rat story

Cacunai
New Santharian

« Reply #70 on: December 26, 2003, 04:11:22 AM »

This time Cacunai spoke directly to Yerun, as opposed to giving her message to the mouse. She knew that the boy was not deaf, and so she should talk to him instead of the mouse.

I am indeed going into the woods, boy. As soon as I figure out where this-

she dug out the light-blue piece of cloth with the double R in gold on it and held it out-

came from, I will be on my way. Now,

she said as she replaced the cloth in her belt,

What do you need my help with?

Edited by: Cacunai at: 12/25/03 20:11
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #71 on: December 26, 2003, 05:53:22 AM »

@Cacunai & Fluffy:

"I am indeed going into the woods, boy. As soon as I figure out where this-came from, I will be on my way."

A faint smile appeared at the corner of Yerun's lips. So she was indeed going into the woods! As she revealed a light blue piece of cloth with double Rs embroidered in gold, he squinted, and thought that it looked somewhat familiar ... the shade of blue looked oddly familiar to him in a very strange way that he could not explain.

"What do you need my help with?"

Yerun squirmed inside. He would have to rely on Fuzzytail again. Peering inside his jacket, he spotted what he hoped to be the mouse, and scooped Fuzzytail out of his jacket, speaking to him again, "Can you ... ask her ... if she knows about ... Kestrel? I ... i need to find Kestrel."

Fluffy Ramblers
New Santharian

« Reply #72 on: December 27, 2003, 06:37:22 AM »

"Yerun asks you if you know anything about a woman called Kestrel. He says he needs to find her," - translated Fuzzytail. He looked sharply on the piece of cloth with two R letters on it: "Hey, elf, you know what, let me sniff this a bit, maybe I could help you with your search. Most likely I've never seen the rest of this cloth before, but who knows?"

((OOC: Just a little post to keep the story going on. Too tired to write something longer, sorry :)  ))

-----
Squee! Squee!
The rat story

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #73 on: December 27, 2003, 08:54:22 AM »

((OOC: NP Fluffy! :D  Looking good! Now to wait for Nai to post and we'll go "travelling" *grin*))

Cacunai
New Santharian

« Reply #74 on: December 27, 2003, 12:01:22 PM »

Certainly, little... friend.

Cacunai barely caught herself from saying "little mouse". She plucked the cloth from her pocket and handed it to the mouse, not letting go until he gripped it with his claws. Meanwhile her brain was whirling, searching for memories of the name Kestrel... nope, nothing.

No, boy, I know nothing of this Kestrel. Say, have you a name? I can't very well keep calling you 'boy' all the time, now can I?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]