Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Village Center (2)  (Read 17289 times)
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #75 on: December 27, 2003, 12:37:22 PM »

Yerun's face fell when the elf stated that she knew nothing about anyone called Kestrel. He was hoping that she would have been around a little and found out something or heard something about Kestrel. But she looked like someone who was "out and about", and perhaps she could help him. Batting away thoughts of Lady Bretha going ballistic over his sudden disappearance, he looked curiously at Fuzzytail as Cacunai extended the light blue piece of cloth to the mouse. Yerun still thought that the cloth looked strangely familiar, but he couldn't quite put a finger on how or why.

"Say, have you a name? I can't very well keep calling you 'boy' all the time, now can I?"

Yerun shuffled his feet uncomfortably. He had to be "nice" to the lady elf if he wanted help from her, he supposed. He opened his mouth to speak, but a lump formed in his throat and he found himself swallowing hard, unable to speak a word. Looking back towards Fuzzytail, he whispered to the mouse, "Tell her ... my name is Yerun, and ... that ... i'm sorry ... i just can't ... say ... words."

Yerun looked like he was about to cry.

((OOC: Fluffy, check your email before you post next :) ))

The Tale of Khiera Meneris
Hold me. Soothe me. Love me. Save me from my Rage.

Fluffy Ramblers
New Santharian

« Reply #76 on: December 28, 2003, 02:50:22 AM »

Fuzzytail sniffed on the blue piece of cloth. Then he made a sign to Shurshing and she sniffed at it too. The both squeaked making wild gestures with their hands and then Fuzzytail said: "No, haven't seen the rest of it before. At least not this week. Can't remember every piece of cloth that was in my way. It smells of grass and moss and trees and bugs, you know. Not a town scent. My dear Shurshing here," - Fuzzytail tried to hug the rat, but received a bite in the neck: "Aw! I didn't deserve it! Ah... well, she says it smells... woody?" Shurshing nodded.

"Tell her ... my name is Yerun, and ... that ... i'm sorry ... i just can't ... say ... words." - whispered the boy.
"Shh... It's okay, don't cry. The rest of us can't say any words too and has no problems with that." Shurshing nodded to the words of the mouse and rubbed against Yerun's neck.

"He says, his name is Yerun and he is sorry that he can't speak".

-----
Squee! Squee!
The rat story

Cacunai
New Santharian

« Reply #77 on: December 28, 2003, 05:29:22 AM »

Do not apologize, Yerun. I'm sure it isn't your fault you can't speak. Anyway, you seem to get on rather well without it, eh?

Cacunai smiled encouragingly as she reached out to take the cloth back, which was about all she could do. The elf loved children, but she wasn't very good at doing anything about it.

So, it comes from the woods, eh? I had thought it might've come from the Regal Rusik. Well, either of you, or rather any of you, know anybody with the initials R.R.? Or a place, maybe?

She nodded to herself and inadvertantly her hand dropped to her blowpipe once more, stroking it fondly. She tended to do this when she was thinking or nervous. In this case, the former.

Edited by: Cacunai at: 12/27/03 21:29
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #78 on: December 28, 2003, 06:56:22 AM »

@Cacunai & Fluffy:

((OOC: Fluffy, i'm going to NPC the Ramblers a little to move the story along :) ))

"Do not apologize, Yerun. I'm sure it isn't your fault you can't speak. Anyway, you seem to get on rather well without it, eh?"

Yerun drooped his head, but felt better with Cacunai's soft and reassuring tone. For some reason, he couldn't stop thinking about why the piece of cloth Cacunai showed them was familiar. He knew that he must have seen it somewhere ... on someone ... but who and where?? He frowned as he tried hard to remember.

"So, it comes from the woods, eh? I had thought it might've come from the Regal Rusik. Well, either of you, or rather any of you, know anybody with the initials R.R.? Or a place, maybe?"

Yerun seemed to be staring into space. Fuzzytail's whiskers twitched as he mumbled to no one in particular, "Well ... maybe it was someone from the tavern place who went near the woods ..." Perhaps Shurshing would be impressed by his deductive skills.

Yerun suddenly seem to snap back into himself, and he gestured wildly at Cacunai, as if trying to indicate that he wanted to see that piece of cloth again. The odd glow in his eyes seem to indicate that he recalled something.

Cacunai
New Santharian

« Reply #79 on: December 28, 2003, 06:01:22 AM »

Cacunai just stared at Yerun for a moment then snapped out of her thought and once more handed the cloth to somebody else, here the boy. She had not heard the mouse's comment.

OOC: Gah! Short post!

Edited by: Cacunai at: 12/27/03 22:02
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #80 on: December 28, 2003, 09:29:22 AM »

@Cacunai & Fluffy:

Yerun gingerly received the tattered piece of cloth from Cacunai. Gently turning it over and over in his hands, he tried to remember where he had seen the cloth before. After a long pause of staring at the cloth and feeling it over and over again, one name raced through Yerun's mind -- Kestrel. He didn't know why or how, but he was quite sure that it had something to do with Kestrel.

His hands quivering slightly, he turned to Fuzzytail, "I ... i know it has something to do with ... Kestrel ... this ... this woman called Kestrel ... but i can't ... remember ...I think ... we need to find Kestrel, she knows something, but ... i can't remember ..." Yerun grimaced as if in pain. All these years he had been trying to remember, but with no success. It's now or never. He told himself. I must find Kestrel.

Grasping around in his pockets, he found a tattered piece of rough pad and a broken bit of rough chalk. Hastily scrawling on it, he handed both the tattered piece of cloth and the piece of rough pad to Cacunai. Scribbled on the rough pad in messy script was: Mas faind Kestrell, Kestrell noes kloth.

Cacunai
New Santharian

« Reply #81 on: December 28, 2003, 10:24:22 AM »

Dear me, Yerun, we'll have to work on your spelling,

Cacunai said with a laugh. She squinted at his messy handwriting, then she brightened and she looked back to his small face.

All right, if you're so keen on finding Kestrel, I'll help you look. Now then... where do you think we should start?

Inwardly Cacunai hoped that his search would lead to the forest as well, so she could get on with looking for the missing princess.

Edited by: Cacunai at: 12/28/03 2:26
Fluffy Ramblers
New Santharian

« Reply #82 on: December 29, 2003, 02:06:22 AM »

So he was right, the boy was going into the woods. Fuzzytail wondered if it wasn't a mistake to follow Yerun. He wasn't accustomed to take such responsibility. To decide for all the Ramblers. He wasn't the leader, Sparky was. But Sparky slept now with his ribs and his tail broken and Smuggles didn't care for anything but him. Manymeals was only interested in food, Shurshing was too young and Teapot - too old.

And he couldn't help feeling he was involved in something big and dangerous. The whole town seemed... wrong, people on the streets whispered to eachother as if they didn't want to be heard. Noone seemed to enjoy the day. There were strange smells in the air...

-----
Squee! Squee!
The rat story

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #83 on: December 29, 2003, 02:45:22 AM »

@Cacunai & Fluffy:

"All right, if you're so keen on finding Kestrel, I'll help you look. Now then... where do you think we should start?"

Yerun was happy that the elf lady had agreed to help him, but he was also very nervous now. All his life he had been ordered here and there, decisions made for him, and now he was supposed to lead another to someone else?

He knew that Kestrel had an intimate connection with Lady Bretha. He had always heard Kestrel's name mentioned along with Lady Bretha's. But going back to the tavern now was worse than a death sentence. Lady Bretha would be very, very angry that he slipped out, and he would probably get locked up without meals for a couple of days. Yerun hated tight spaces. He decided not to head back to the tavern.

The next logical step would be to head to the woods, thought Yerun to himself. For some strange reason, he had always been having strange dreams about the woods, as if something drew him there. Gently taking over the piece of rough pad from Cacunai, and scribbling in the only empty space left on it with his stub of a chalk, Yerun flipped the new word he had written towards Cacunai, "Wuuds".

Nai, if you decide to head to the woods, proceed to post in the Village Outskirts thread next. Just assume that Yerun is tagging along, and in his jacket pockets are the Ramblers ;)  If you decide not to head to the woods, post where you intend to head to in your next post in this thread.  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]