Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chapter 2  (Read 3695 times)
Chronusian
New Santharian

« on: April 11, 2004, 02:47:22 AM »

"Hello there? A wake up call and breakfast." A bell rang at the door of room number 5. font color=red]"Requested just before sunrise sir."[/font]

Chronus woke with his mind at ease, he shrugged off his worries, for  his company would be well prepared for the imminent trip. He walked to the door and opened, for the three plates of food delivered there. He grabbed the plates, thanked (and tipped) the deliverer, and closed the door quickly. He sat the plates down upon a stand, and turned to Zdoth.

"Time to wake Zdoth" . He said, shaking the bald man.

Ohh, man... I don't know where Shaendru is...

He continued shaking Zdoth, not even checking to see of he was awake.  

Edited by: Chronusian at: 4/10/04 18:50
Zdoth Natterath
New Santharian

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2004, 07:27:22 AM »

Zdoth woke to Chronus shaking him.  He grabbed Chronus’ arm and said “Why are you shaking me?”

With out waiting for a response, he shoved Chronus’ arm aside, and began to pack up, rolling the furs up and easing them back into his backpack.  When he finished packing, he grabbed a plate, thanked Chronus for the food, and started to eat, stopping between a mouthful to ask “Aren’t you going to eat something?”   Zdoth then went back to eating

Slye Yunkia
Traveler
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2004, 04:33:22 PM »

“Excuse Me....A Wake Up Call and Breakfast...” a Knock came at the door and a Booming voice behind it....

“Huh.....Wha....” Slye slowly opened one eye “Who....Wha...”

“EXCUSE ME WAKE UP CALL....” The voice and the knocks got louder
“IM.......Im.....Coming.....Im COMING....” Slye sat up quickly and tried to hop out of the bed...but she got tangled in her blanket and landed on the floor with a big Humph.... “GODS!...why does this always happen to me?..”

“ARE YOU OKAY.....EXCUSE ME?...”

“I SAID I WAS COMING......”  She groggily pulled her self off the floor...wrapped the fallen blanket around her waist and dragged herself to the door opening it up “WHAT?”

“Uh....Im sorry Mam But this room was given a wake up call and Breakfast....And well here I am.....Are you Okay?....I Head a loud Noise....”

Slye looked down at the man holding a tray of food and wanted to curse who ever sent him...She pretty much snatched the tray from him “THANKS.....” And slammed the door in his face....she wasn’t trying to be mean but mornings were not her best...She dropped the tray onto the table and walked over to the basin to wash the sleep out of her eyes.... she happened to glance out the window and darkness glanced back "Geeze...I Should be asleep" .. She sighed turned and Quickly ate the Hot breakfast......

Once done....She stood and grabbed her leather sheath off the table and buckled it loosely around her small waist then re-tide her hair with a green ribbon....She pulled her mothers green riding cloak over her shoulders and slipped her feet into her boots...Luckily she hadn’t unpacked her traveling bag so she just grabbed it on the way out the door......

She Quickly stifled a yawn and walked down into the common room....She looked around and wasn’t surprised that she was the only one there and so took a seat at the bar....she laid her head on her hands.... she’d just close her eyes for a little bit, til the others arrived....

Captain Shaendru
New Santharian

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2004, 06:10:22 AM »

"Open up...wake up call and breakfast at the door..."
 The waiter didnt really want to wake this man, and he was about to get a good reason why not...
"FOR GOD'S SAKE MAN,  GO AWAY! CAN'T YE TELL THAT THIS SALTY SAILOR BE TRYIN' TA GET MESELF SOME DAMNED SLEEP!"
Shaendru got up, opened the door to see a scared man, and slammed the door so hard that the waiter fell over, spilling the food on himself, and he ran away, whilst Shaendru got back to his bed and started to sleep again.
"Arrg....Shouldn't have asked for that wake up....aye, I'll hafta remember that..."

The poorest smart people can be sold as slaves, but the stupidest rich people will buy them.

Edited by: Captain Shaendru at: 4/12/04 16:25
Chronusian
New Santharian

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2004, 02:06:22 PM »

"Are you going to eat something?"

Chronus decided to make sure he could find Shaendru first.

"I've got to find Shaendru. I'm gonna pack this up. I'll eat on the road. I'll be back shortly."

Chronus left the room, waving at Zdoth. As he walked down the hall, he heard a waiter grumbling and moaning.

"Good mornig sir" Chronus said pleasantly.

"Good morning? GOOD MORNING! I'll give you a good morning you fool! Having me wake up that woman. You know mornings aren't my thing Chronus."

Chronus wondered at this statement, and the realised what was happening.

"Khiro? When did you start working here? How have you been??"

Khiro was Chronus' best friend before Chronus began attending Ximax.

"I've been good... until now. I hate rude patrons. So anyway Chronus, ya leaving early with ya new friends huh?"

"Yes... I'm going to Horth on an errand for my father. I'll be quite behind in my studies when I return, but not too far."

Khiro smiled. "Well, you are not alone. Someone else also requested a wakeup. I'm not going though.  My shift is ove..." At that moment the two heard a door slam shut. A waiter came running from around the corner, scared witless.

"Damned Sailor! Damned white bearded, black haired, three point hat wearin'..."

"Sounds like he's leaving with me. Hmm... room number 8 is it? I need to talk with him. Nice seeing you Khi..."He looked for his old friend, but Khiro had already left.

He walked over to Shaendru's door and began knocking on the door.

"Hello? this is Chronus"

Captain Shaendru
New Santharian

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2004, 06:05:22 AM »

"Aye...If your not here to wake me, then come inside..."
  Shaendru had turned the entire room smoke infested, because inbetween his pipe and his rocks that seemed to catch fire and give off a pleasing aroma, the room was covered in it, floating in and out of his beard.
He had a small smile on his face, and through half closed eyes, waited patiently for Chronus to come inside.
"Aye, I sure did give that waiter a run for his money, ohohoho..."
Shaendru continued to chuckle pleasantly until he had a belly ache, then sighed, and waited for chronus to come in.

The poorest smart people can be sold as slaves, but the stupidest rich people will buy them.

Chronusian
New Santharian

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2004, 07:32:22 AM »

"If you're not here to wake me, then come inside."

Unfortunately. that was not the case.

"Actually, we'll be leaving pretty soon Shaendru. You must wake if you plan on leaving with us. I'm going to the common room to find Slye, I think she left her room. You should meet us down there."

Chronus went to his room, and politely said through the door to Zdoth that he would be in the common room. He walked down the stairs, and began to look for slye in the dim light.

Zdoth Natterath
New Santharian

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2004, 12:54:22 PM »

“I'll be there in a moment” Zdoth yelled to Chronus.  

He had just finished packing his pack.  He hefted it on his shoulder, grabbed his bow, and walked out the door, glancing back into the room to see if he had left anything behind.  He walked down the stairs and saw Chronus, Zdoth called out, “When are we going to leave?  And where is Hieronimus?  I didn’t see him in the room this morning.”  

Slye Yunkia
Traveler
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2004, 01:50:22 PM »

Her head resting on the bars counter top with her hand as her pillow....Slye had fallen into a light doze while waiting for everyone to join her downstairs...But woke quickly when she heard Zdoth’s voice behind her....

“When are we going to leave? And where is Hieronimus? I didn’t see him in the room this morning.”

She sat up quickly and swivelled around on her stool... “Good Morning Gentlemen.....” She said while covering a yawn with the back of her hand “You sure did take your time getting down here....” She stood and stretched her back and smiled at the two...

Then glanced back down at the bar....the Bartender had filled one of her flasks with some ale just like she had asked and had placed it where she had dozed off....She picked it up and put it in her traveling bag “For later....Just incase...” She said with a wink “So When are we leaving Chronusian?....I Know I wasn’t awoken before the crack of dawn to sit in this Inn all morning...

Captain Shaendru
New Santharian

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2004, 09:45:22 PM »

"Aye...If that be so..."
    Shaendru got out of bed, didnt bother to make it, got his patched coat, along with his rocks, and went down the stairs.
He heard Zdoth say something and it sounded like...

“When are we going to leave? And where is Hieronimus? I didn’t see him in the room this morning.”

Aye, where do that old blighter be hidin'.....I haven't seen him since last night....
Shaendru thought this to himself, and taking a seat next to Slye, smiled at her and cherrily said good morning.

Chronusian
New Santharian

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2004, 01:29:22 PM »

Chronus's response was rather confident and quick. He had planned their course of action frst thing. "Change of plan guys. Hieronimus has gone to catch up with us later. In his place, at my fathers request, Shaendru here will be joining us. I hope you all are ok with this. I have my food packed, and I am ready to leave now. I'll check us out right now as a matter of fact. We'll simply walk along the main road to Horth. It'll be a long trip, about two weeks without too much delay. Can you all please get your things together?"

If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.

Henry David     Thoreau

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]