Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Regal Rusik (2)  (Read 23402 times)
Sephariath
New Santharian

« Reply #60 on: December 23, 2003, 02:52:22 AM »

Sephariath thought to himself, 25 sans a night...wow these must be luxurious rooms. Though price had never made a difference to him in the least, he began to reach into his pouch and pulled forth enough to pay for the room.

"And how many nights will yer be wanting the room, Milord?"

"Just one night M'Lady, I feel that I shouldn't linger in one place too long; get nothing done that way."

Sephariath exchanged her the key for the monies. As he did so he turned around and attempted to remember which direction he was sitting in. Alas everything looked the same to him, he placed the key in his pouch and began to slowly and carefully walk straight back from the counter. Feeling his way around with just the sounds around him played difficult in this place, he began to speak as he walked "Kalina", as he made his way around, hoping she would see or hear him soon. He did not want to make a spectacle of himself.

"Kalina".........

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #61 on: December 23, 2003, 05:27:22 AM »

@Ryldor:

The tavern maid's eyes grew large and wide when she heard Ryldor mention his idea of setting up his own inn. She had propped up her head on the table with her hands, staring dreamily into the tall elf's eyes as he gazed upon her, thoroughly enjoying the attention and his soft soothing voice. She blinked to make sure that she had heard what she had heard.

"Would Prince Vinigold be the person to talk to? I wouldn't want to start making plans without discussing it with the local powers."

It seemed like the elf was serious. "Well ... Milord ..." she shifted awkwardly in her seat, "The Prince does not come here, Milord ... well ... only once, and that was a long time ago ..."

"I should probably speak to the Prince or one of his representatives anyway. It's always good to have friends in high places. Does he take audiences or is there a better way to make his acquaintance?"

A faint smile lit up across the tavern maid's face, "You would only be getting an audience with the Prince if you travelled all the way to Caelum, Milord, 5 days journey away ... but you could probably speak to Sir Olpeg, a little ways South in the village, Milord. Sir Olpeg is the Baron of these lands, and if you be wanting to set up an establishment, you should probably request an audience with Sir Olpeg at his residence. Though --" the tavern maid leaned forward closer to Ryldor, " -- Lady Bretha has much  ... power and authority in Eresh, even though, she's ..." she hushed her voice lower than ever, " ... not a real lady at all, not royalty at all." She shrugged, "All i'm saying Milord, is that you might run into some problems with Lady Bretha, if you want to set up a competing establishment, that's all."

@Sephariath:

Seph, i'll wait to see if Kalina manages to check in on your thread and post in respsonse to you. If not, then i'll post something for you until she comes back.  

The Tale of Khiera Meneris
Hold me. Soothe me. Love me. Save me from my Rage.

Edited by: Khiera at: 12/22/03 21:29
Ryldor Gadriel
Miscreant Mage
Approved Character

« Reply #62 on: December 23, 2003, 06:56:22 AM »

"Well then. Sir Olpeg it is. I'm sure he'll be eager to listen. After all, the bigger the town, the more influence he'll have." Ryldor took another sip. "So how long have you been in Eresh? How do you like working for Lady Bertha? Wait. How does she have that much power here and use the title 'Lady' if she's not real royalty?"  

It is not enough to conquer; one must learn to seduce. ~ Voltaire

It is not enough to conquer; one must learn to seduce.  ~  Voltaire
Oh dearest Ryldor, dust thou know thy charm?; The clever smile soft upon thy face; Seem like a promise for to do no harm; Whilst I, enjoying thy tender grace; Should gaze in admiration at thy eyes; As azure as where highest heaven lay; Reflections of the clearest, truest skies; They seem to melt my very heart away!; And if thy lovely words were not as true; As thine eyes blue, still I'd believe thy claim; Of magedom. Magic turned a rosy hue; My cheeks. A spell thou cast upon this dame!; Thou art a most capricious scoundrel, yet; The sweetest gentlemen I've ever met.; ~ Rayne Avalotus
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #63 on: December 23, 2003, 09:24:22 AM »

@Ryldor:

"So how long have you been in Eresh? How do you like working for Lady Bertha?"

The tavern maid shrugged again, narrowing her eyes and stealing a glance towards Lady Bretha who was standing at the counter, "I've lived here all my life Milord, a true Ereshian, that's what i am, and well ... Lady Bretha is ... harsh and hard on everyone, but the job pays very well, so, we all stick it out ..."

"Wait. How does she have that much power here and use the title 'Lady' if she's not real royalty?"

A grin lit up across her face, "Ah ... only outsiders ask that sort of question, Milord," she chuckled, but softly, so that Lady Bretha wouldn't hear her, "What Lady Bretha has is land, and lots of it. She has been trying for years to get on the good side of Sir Olpeg and the Royal Guards in her bid to get a title of royalty and be a real 'Lady'. Lady Bretha is generous, but only to the right kind of people, you know what i mean?" She leaned forward once more, a secretive glint in her eyes, "Lady Bretha almost succeeded once ... obtaining her title, i mean, but what happened to Kestrel, her sister, threw a stigma over Lady Bretha, and Lady Bretha has been trying to regain ground ever since."  

Ryldor Gadriel
Miscreant Mage
Approved Character

« Reply #64 on: December 24, 2003, 05:59:22 AM »

Ryldor leaned back in his seat, a contemplative expression on his face. "Hmmm. It seems like there's an interesting dynamic her in Eresh. If Lady Bretha has that much land, it might be tough setting anything up here." He paused with a frown hoping the implications would be clear. "I'm definitely going to need to get in with Sir Olpeg if I'm to have any hope of making regular returns here. Too bad I know so little about him"

He paused again seemingly deep in thought. "My best chance might be solving that little mystery. I'm sure that would get me in good stead. Unfortunately, I'm quite ignorant of the details although I think I'd have a decent chance getting to the bottom of it if just had someone who could tell me what happened."

A resigned sigh crossed his lips "Oh well. I guess my staying here just wasn't meant to be. It's good to know you'll be happy… well, content at least, here with Lady Bretha."

Edited by: Ryldor Gadriel at: 12/23/03 22:02

Oh dearest Ryldor, dust thou know thy charm?; The clever smile soft upon thy face; Seem like a promise for to do no harm; Whilst I, enjoying thy tender grace; Should gaze in admiration at thy eyes; As azure as where highest heaven lay; Reflections of the clearest, truest skies; They seem to melt my very heart away!; And if thy lovely words were not as true; As thine eyes blue, still I'd believe thy claim; Of magedom. Magic turned a rosy hue; My cheeks. A spell thou cast upon this dame!; Thou art a most capricious scoundrel, yet; The sweetest gentlemen I've ever met.; ~ Rayne Avalotus
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #65 on: December 24, 2003, 08:37:22 AM »

@Sephariath:

Millie the tavern maid watched as Sephariath groped about to find his way, calling out for Kalina, but Kalina was quite a distance away to have heard his call in the tavern that was now gradually filling up.

Making her way towards Sephariath, Millie gently held Sephariath's arm to try to guide him to where he was going, "Let me help you, Milord." Slowly, they made their way back towards the table, "Tis a little hard for you to be getting around, isn't it, Milord? Why have you made your way to Eresh, if you don't mind a tavern maid asking?"

Sephariath
New Santharian

« Reply #66 on: December 24, 2003, 09:16:22 AM »

"Let me help you, Milord."

As she grabbed his arm and led him back to where he was sitting she proposed a question that he knows everyone thinks of when they see him wandering.

"Tis a little hard for you to be getting around, isn't it, Milord? Why have you made your way to Eresh, if you don't mind a tavern maid asking?"

Sephariath stopped at the end of the question, slowly turned and looked at her; his eyes staring down toward her, a small smile crept across his face before he replied.

"Well M'Lady, I have accomplished quite a few things in my time here. I have trained hard and can wield both weapons that are strapped to me just as well as any other. I have traveled around a little and as time went by I wanted to know more about the world we live in."

Sephariath paused, he grasped both the tavern maids' hands and drew them closer to him a look of inspiration crossed his face before he drew in his next breath.

"I want to experience all that life has to offer, I want to be able to tell my family when I see them next all the great things I have done and experienced......and do not just think of yourself as just a tavern maid M'Lady, we are all equal, at least in my eyes we are....."

Sephariath let go of her hands and regained his stance as before, still looking at her, he wondered what her reaction would be to what he had just said.

"I do thank you for your kindness M'Lady"

Sephariath tipped his head down in thanks awaiting her reply.

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #67 on: December 25, 2003, 01:57:22 AM »

@Ryldor:

The tavern maid listened without even blinking an eye as Ryldor spoke, hanging on his every word. With his every passing sentence, her heart sank. She had so hoped he would really stay and open an inn in Eresh ... she would like to see more of him, and he seemed to like her company too. But he was right, Lady Bretha would be the first and largest obstacle, and she didn't know much about royalty either to comment on the baron. But, she had heard lots of rumours about the disappearnce of the princess, maybe some of it could help the elf and allow him to have some leverage with the baron to stay.

Her brows twitched as she started to spoke, "Well, Milord, it would be ... a shame if you left ... and the Princess ... well, no one really knows what happened, no one has solved it yet ..." she shrugged, "But, over the years i've heard a fair bit of rumours, Milord." She cleared her throat before speaking again, "Some say the royalty know more about the Princess' disappearance then they are willing to share. Myself, i've heard quite a fair bit that Lady Bretha knows much about the woods than she shows ... she has a sister you know, name's Kestrel, who used to gather herbs round the woods. But that was until she ... Kestrel i mean ... she ... turned crazy when the Princess disappeared. Lady Bretha did not breathe a word of it to anyone what happened, but wouldn't you find it odd too, Milord, that Kestrel would lose her mind right after the Princess disappeared?" The tavern maid straightened up again, "And i figure those nobles know much more than they let on ..."

Ryldor Gadriel
Miscreant Mage
Approved Character

« Reply #68 on: December 25, 2003, 04:34:22 AM »

Ryldor could see the young girl's heart sinking as he spoke. "Don't fret dear one. I'm not giving up yet." he said as he placed his hand on hers before quickly pulling away. He continued, but spoke slowly as if searching for words, "Sorry. Umm. So, umm, royalty. That reminds me. I hear Prince Vinigold was there when the Princess disappeared, but details seem to be very scarce. I don't understand how that can be."

"Well it seems like I'll definitely need to speak Sir Olpeg, both for my inn and the mystery. Hopefully it won't be too hard to get an audience with him. I guess that will be my next stop. Where could I find him?"

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #69 on: December 25, 2003, 09:20:22 AM »

@Sephariath:

"I want to experience all that life has to offer, I want to be able to tell my family when I see them next all the great things I have done and experienced......and do not just think of yourself as just a tavern maid M'Lady, we are all equal, at least in my eyes we are....."

Millie blushed. Well, tis easy for all those great adventurers to say as such, she thought to herself sadly, but the fact remains that i am still a mere tavern maid. Smiling back towards Sephariath, she nodded, "Aye, i thank you for your kind words Milord."

Just then, Tilia walked up with Sephariath's glass of cold water. Placing the glass carefully on the table and making sure that Sephariath knew where it was, Tilia spoke, "No charge for the water Milord, if you would like a meal, just let myself or Millie here know."

Millie got ready to leave the table along with Tilia, but she couldn't resist asking Sephariath one more last question, "Seems like ... you are an adventurer, Milord, you didn't ... come here becauase of the Princess, did you?"  

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #70 on: December 25, 2003, 09:35:22 AM »

@Ryldor:

The tavern maid's heart skipped a beat when Ryldor placed his hand briefly over hers. Ah, but it was so brief! Listening to Ryldor speak, she hoped that her information was of some help. As he mentioned the Prince, she furrowed her brows, "Well, the word is that the Prince stayed in bed for a month unable to speak to anyone about anything, so great and terrible was his experience escaping from whatever it was within the woods. After the Prince recovered, he refused to speak to anyone regarding that fateful about what happened to the Princess. That's all i know ... perhaps ... the Prince has remembered something of importance? That's the gossip i've been hearing, that they have uncovered something new ... but ..." she shrugged, "I really don't know Milord."

"Well it seems like I'll definitely need to speak Sir Olpeg, both for my inn and the mystery. Hopefully it won't be too hard to get an audience with him. I guess that will be my next stop. Where could I find him?"

The tavern maid smiled, and hoped that Ryldor would be able to reach an agreement with Sir Olpeg for his inn. She thought that Ryldor was such a charming and well-spoken man ... well, elf, really, and was sure that he would meet with success. "Well, you go a little ways to the Southwest from the village center, Milord. Eresh is small and Sir Olpeg's residence is the only other stone building besides the Rusik Milord, so you won't miss it as it comes up. It's right at the edge before the outskirts Milord." Impulsively, she reached her hand over and gave Ryldor's hand a gentle squeeze. "Good luck, Milord!"

You may continue posting at the Sir Olpeg's Abode thread if you have no other questions to ask :)

Sephariath
New Santharian

« Reply #71 on: December 25, 2003, 11:26:22 AM »

"No charge for the water Milord, if you would like a meal, just let myself or Millie here know."

Sephariath smiled again, he glanced at the table to where the water was to be put. As he was about to sit down Millie spoke again.

"Seems like ... you are an adventurer, Milord, you didn't ... come here because of the Princess, did you?"

Sephariath stood up straight and looked over toward Millie, her figure still where it was before. He turned toward her and began to speak softly, with the intelligence he possessed.

"No M'Lady I was unaware of any happenings in these parts, the only thing that sparked my interests were the guards outside asking about an elderly man with a staff. Please if you do not mind me gathering at my table with you, I would most like to hear of all that is news in these parts; for I would have nothing more than enjoy a good adventure."

Sephariath sat in his chair and gestured toward another at the end of the table for Millie to sit at, he then proceeded to grab a hold of his water and quench the thirst he had. After drinking he asked Millie.

"What are the rumors around here as of late?"  

Edited by: Sephariath at: 12/25/03 7:20
Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #72 on: December 26, 2003, 04:15:22 AM »

"I am ever so grateful to you, and your company Kalina; I know not how to repay you for your kindness, but if you do find away please tell me of it. But I am curious, had you seen which way the man left? It could be a start to the search, and do you know of why they are looking for this man? I am curious to know, because an elderly man...this doesn't seem so dangerous to me; mind you I am not from here and I know not the kinds of people that inhabit the area....though I am finding them to be particularly nice and intriguing thus far."

Kalina smiled, "No payment is need m'Lord. It is a pleasure to help in anyway I can. As for the man, he came here to the Rusik but left shortly, even without receiving what he had ordered. He left the Rusik and made his way to the right, if I remember correctly. I do not, unfortunately, know why they are searching for the man but I believe it has something to do witht the Princess for many things seem to here."

She sighed. She really did know very little and realized she would most likely be more of a burden than any help. She sat watching the man with interest as he seemed to study her with his blind eyes. Deep in thought, she strayed for several minutes into her thoughts but soon returned to find that she had missed quite a bit as she had drifted for the short time that she had. She settled herself in just listening, hoping to pick up any information that would be helpful, carefully sipping her water.

"...Life is a story that is waiting to be written. It is up to us to make it exciting and unforgettable..." - Shara

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #73 on: December 26, 2003, 06:11:22 AM »

@Kalina & Sephariath:

Millie watched Sephariath's gesture as Tilia walked away, "Oh no, Milord", she nodded in acknowledgement to Kalina, "Milady. There is much to do, before the evening rush of patrons, and Lady Bretha would not be pleased if she sees me sitting around chatting with the patrons instead of serving them." She smiled in gratitude.

"What are the rumors around here as of late?"

"Well, Milord, there's really nothing much about Eresh except for the Princess, and all rumours relate to her one way or another .." She sighed, "Poor soul, the Princess. Seven years in those ... horrible woods!" Her body seemed to shudder. "But of late, i've been hearing that something is afoot, that perhaps the Prince has discovered, or remembered something regarding the disappearance of the Princess, and is launching a renewed effort in the search for the Princess. The Prince was there with the Princess when she disappeared you know, both made it into the woods but only the Princes made it out. The Prince never talked about what happened after that ... but maybe he has recalled something ..."

Sephariath
New Santharian

« Reply #74 on: December 26, 2003, 09:54:22 AM »

"Well, Milord, there's really nothing much about Eresh except for the Princess, and all rumors relate to her one way or another .." She sighed, "Poor soul, the Princess. Seven years in those ... horrible woods!" Her body seemed to shudder. "But of late, i've been hearing that something is afoot, that perhaps the Prince has discovered, or remembered something regarding the disappearance of the Princess, and is launching a renewed effort in the search for the Princess. The Prince was there with the Princess when she disappeared you know, both made it into the woods but only the Princes made it out. The Prince never talked about what happened after that ... but maybe he has recalled something ..."

Sephariath smiled, and looked up toward her figure, slowly resting the cup upon his lips and then back down to the table; his words were serious, yet respond-able.

"Well Millie, I do thank you for your time and knowledge, I see I shall have to locate the prince, wherever he might be; or even engage in entering these woods myself. I fear not what I cannot see; and if I cannot see what is in there....then I am as safe as I have ever been."

Sephariath nodded his head to Millie in gratitude, then looked toward Kalina; her arms were up by her mouth and he could hear a very slow amount of drinking going on. His face calm and smiling still. Wondering as to why she was so quiet he began to inquire upon her.

"Madam Kalina, you are very quiet, what is it that you are thinking upon? I think perhaps we should go to the source and find what is going on in this little ploy; it could play in our best interests.....of course after a good night sleep. I would like to sleep in a bed instead of on a bedroll. *Sephariath grinned* Will you be joining me for supper?"

Sephariath leaned back in his chair looking at Kalina softly, in thought himself.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]